Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451322 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1545 on: November 25, 2019, 09:13:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remain silent and let Elen do the talking

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 25, 2019, 09:24:12 pm »

Try to find some stuff in the trash wall
Spoiler: Gabe Toots (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 25, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »

"I only opened it a foot wide.  What, do you want us shooting over your heads?  They're the size of horses anyway, just stand back and burn them if they try and stick their limbs through."

Can the door be remotely operated, or does Wil have to operate a keypad or something right next to it?  Set it to lock in place for now, in the former case.

Stand back away from the door.  Like twenty feet away.  Have the security rifle ready, and take potshots if dangerous things charge at the opening and aren't completely blocked by the pyromaniacs, but otherwise just sit back and watch.  Maybe this won't even go bad.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 26, 2019, 07:25:39 am »

"Lets burn some bugs!"
Use my Flamesprayer to burn all the bugs and mushrooms on the other side of the door.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:17 am »

Stand back from the entrance, let the flammenwerfer werf its flame. If any buuuuuugs make it past that, stick it to the floor with sticky goop! (At d6 attack)
Be sure to keep an eye on our surroundings to avoid getting flanked or ambushed.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 26, 2019, 10:34:30 am »

Sling my arm around Gabe, regale him with tales of our exploits while grabbing more loot from the wall. Also, check what kinds of free grenades I got.
”my friend, you would not believe the things I have seen. Alien crystals, the greatest war ever fought, a woman rip a stomach out of a body-don’t worry, he was dead- and ghosts. So many ghosts! Big ghosts, little ghosts, ghosts with tentacles, ghosts that would haunt your worst nightmares! 

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 26, 2019, 09:12:39 pm »

"War? What happened during it?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 27, 2019, 12:31:22 pm »

Does this guy seem like he’s just role playing, or like he actually believes himself?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1553 on: November 28, 2019, 10:45:46 am »

Hmmm... Let's call that plan B.

Place a demo charge on the pod walls so that I can expose the throne room to the tunnel by detonating it.

Then make my way to the cloning vats. See what they're cloning, if it's any close to completion and if there are any controls I could reach while staying undetected. If I can make a clone go berserk or follow my commands, it would be a great distraction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1554 on: November 29, 2019, 12:03:49 pm »

Does this guy seem like he’s just role playing, or like he actually believes himself?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Remain silent and let Elen do the talking
"Actually I'm the ambassador, they are my assistants. Anyway hello King Grongor, I am Elen and we are here for a medical inspection. We've recently discovered a dangerous and highly contagious new disease, it is my duty as a doctor to make sure that nobody here is infected by this disease and in the case that they are it is also my duty to treat them. We're asking you to fully cooperate and allow us to inspect and treat everyone inside the Sovereign Territory of Camelot."

Talk to king Grongor.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Grongor listens and then sits quietly for a moment, staring at Elen.  The guy has a very dweeby appearance and is clearly trying to take on some sort of exaggerated role but...there is a surprising amount of shrewdness in the cold and level stare he's giving the group. He looks like a chess champion carefully considering his options, eyes unblinkingly scanning back and forth across the three ladies, body tense and motionless.  Finally he seems to come to some conclusion and relaxes a bit, settling into the throne.

"I've seen no sign of illness among my people. Indeed we are effectively in quarantine here; there should be no chance of infection. In fact you are the first visitors we have had and, if anything, the only vector for such an illness. Perhaps it would be best to expel you now, just as a precaution."

He strokes the wispy hairs some might charitably call a beard, making a great show of considering. Its all theatrics of course, he has already decided his move.

"What are the signs of this illness? We will keep watch and if needed send for you in the future, if it does appear. Otherwise I think we are in no danger of a plague."

Ji, listening quietly, comes to the conclusion that while this guy is partially roleplaying, he's also partially serious. He knows he is not the fictional Grongor, but he desires to emulate that character and is taking what he thinks are reasonable actions, just under the guise of that character's personality or traits.  The harem that apparently exists somewhere off to the right of this room and his proclivity for "Comely lasses" is probably just a personal weakness.

Try to find some stuff in the trash wall
Spoiler: Gabe Toots (click to show/hide)
[2]
Toots, left alone as everyone wanders off to kill bugs or talk with kings, pokes at the trash wall in an attempt to find some loot of his own. Sadly, all he finds is a great deal of trash and opportunities for laceration.

Sling my arm around Gabe, regale him with tales of our exploits while grabbing more loot from the wall. Also, check what kinds of free grenades I got.
”my friend, you would not believe the things I have seen. Alien crystals, the greatest war ever fought, a woman rip a stomach out of a body-don’t worry, he was dead- and ghosts. So many ghosts! Big ghosts, little ghosts, ghosts with tentacles, ghosts that would haunt your worst nightmares! 
Toby pulls the 3 frag grenades he found in the wall free, and doesn't even accidentally arm any of them! What skill! What Grace! What a funny face!

He cannot find anything else in the wall. The wall is not an endless treasure pile. Leave the wall alone. This is not an architectural giving tree you goddamn moochers. Get a job.

Hmmm... Let's call that plan B.

Place a demo charge on the pod walls so that I can expose the throne room to the tunnel by detonating it.

Then make my way to the cloning vats. See what they're cloning, if it's any close to completion and if there are any controls I could reach while staying undetected. If I can make a clone go berserk or follow my commands, it would be a great distraction.

[4]
Pathos places an explosive charge in what he's....pretty sure is the right place. 90%. 85% at worst. Probably fine.

He then scuttles back out to the vents and looks for the clone tubes. There are several clusters of them but all of them seem to contain what look like human men. Very buff, fully grown, mildly genetically altered human men. Probably KNIGHTS, sans armor.  Making them go nuts...he's not sure is possible. They're currently unconcious so about the best he can do in a pinch is drain the tank and drop them out.

"I only opened it a foot wide.  What, do you want us shooting over your heads?  They're the size of horses anyway, just stand back and burn them if they try and stick their limbs through."

Can the door be remotely operated, or does Wil have to operate a keypad or something right next to it?  Set it to lock in place for now, in the former case.

Stand back away from the door.  Like twenty feet away.  Have the security rifle ready, and take potshots if dangerous things charge at the opening and aren't completely blocked by the pyromaniacs, but otherwise just sit back and watch.  Maybe this won't even go bad.

The door has the capacity to be remotely operated, but Wil hasn't set it up yet. He would basically just need any sort of computing device connected to the network and a good roll to set that up. For now its locked as is.

He stands well back from  the flammenwerfing.

Stand back from the entrance, let the flammenwerfer werf its flame. If any buuuuuugs make it past that, stick it to the floor with sticky goop! (At d6 attack)
Be sure to keep an eye on our surroundings to avoid getting flanked or ambushed.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Yagyu joins Wilfred and sits back, waiting for the BBQ to finish.

"Lets burn some bugs!"
Use my Flamesprayer to burn all the bugs and mushrooms on the other side of the door.
Upon seeing all that greenery, Nik couldn’t help but reveal a smile. Unfortunately, his face wasn’t used to that kind of thing so he ended up looking like a goblin on botox.

”Light it up boys! I was worrying that we might have needed to bring some kerosene, but this is mighty fine! It may take some time to catch since everything’s so wet, but once the blaze gets going nothing will be able to stop it!

Nik shoved his vacuum nozzle through the gap, clearly eager to fire.

“Riflemen, make sure no bugs get too close while we do our work! Remember to weld the door shut when it’s done!”

Unleash the flames! Don’t stop until you’re sure the fire is self-sustaining!

Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)
Harold, using his scavenged OMNITECH Advanced Cleaning apparatus (4d6 damage, d6 use die) WRITE IT DOWN IN THE SHEET,  opens fire in the most literal sense.
[11v7,1][3]
The entire room, formerly quite dark and dank, becomes nothing but a wall of flame as the OACA unleases a cone of superheated burning chemical sludge into the confined area. No one can see anything through that thin space in the door, but the heat wash and smell that comes roaring out is brutal. Enough to redden skin and send nose hairs smoldering.  There are noises within, but none of the horrible shrieking everyone probably expected. Maybe they don't have the air for it; oxygen rapidly burning away in the heat.  Harold pulls the nozzle back and hides round the side of the door, blinking half blinded and very dry eyes.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1555 on: November 29, 2019, 03:49:40 pm »

"We don't know how it's transmitted just yet, the last disease I found a cure for had the same problem of an unidentified way of transmission. Anyway the currently known symptoms are increased aggression and irrationality followed by lashing out at the nearest person. These symptoms manifest at the end of the incubation period, which to my knowledge is rather long.

In any case, I can't rule out that me and my assistants may be infected and so unwittingly put you and your subjects at risk of contracting the disease from us. In the case that we are indeed infected, then it is highly likely that the quarantine present here has already been compromised given how contagious the disease is. I ask again for your full cooperation, it is in our interest to limit the spread of the disease and to cure as many as we can."

More talking.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 29, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »

"Well. Sucks to be them."

"So when are we gonna get to looting? I more or less came here because I want steal what is left from their charred corpses.

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 29, 2019, 10:35:42 pm »

"Give them a minute to suffocate or flee.  Then we can start looting... though, seriously, what do you really expect to find?  I'm betting on dead bugs and a burning sensation in my lungs, not loot..."

Harold does not have an ACA, which is why it isn't on his sheet.  Wilfred has the ACA, which is why it's on his sheet.  Harold just has a flamesprayer that he ripped out of the trash wall, though the stats for it (d6xd4. d4 use die) haven't been recorded on his sheet, probably because Zultan didn't realize the flamesprayer is an armory item.

Also, uh, the ACA being used instead of the flamesprayer kinda hurts our plan, since it's much killier and doesn't set things on fire.  The idea was to make the bugs flee from the flames, into Grongor's domain, rather than to just kill them.

In any case, go shut and lock the door.  Count to sixty, and if no sounds of enraged bugs have sounded, open it up a crack and take a look inside.  If the coast seems clear, enter the room with the ACA at the ready.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 30, 2019, 06:44:46 am »

"So I guess we just wait a bit for the fire to die down, also I don't think there's gonna be much loot to get from in there, bugs probably ate anything good."
Wait for the fires to go out and the all clear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1559 on: November 30, 2019, 08:45:22 pm »

Check the weapon test room for anything that will burn or explode nicely.

Also check the supplies near the harem and the Knight quarters for anything that will burn or explode or act as a distraction.

Also check around for supplies like food and drink meant for KNIGHTs or the king.

Also check the living conditions of the hostages. Are they being treated well?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:33:13 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 334