Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 177

Author Topic: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me  (Read 136564 times)

The Canadian kitten

  • Bay Watcher
  • Kitten demands cookies!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1575 on: December 04, 2019, 06:18:23 pm »

Get ready for any actions of some sorts
Spoiler:  Sad fart guy (click to show/hide)
Logged
"Communism is not the solution, Great Leader Joe!" People sing across the streets. Before Joe can realise what's going on Joeville becomes a generous and  sharing Nazi state, with all the non-believers of Joe shall be purged, since they are spiritually inferior.

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1576 on: December 05, 2019, 06:42:40 am »

"Well I feel like we might be missing out on some loot, but then again we might have set it all on fire so I guess there isn't really much of a reason to stick around."
Leave the bug lab and wait for everybody to get out, then weld the door shut.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when youíre done?

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1577 on: December 06, 2019, 04:08:01 am »

Leave the lab as well, try to grab some interesting nicknack on the way out, but not if that interferes with our orderly return to the 'cades. Help with the welding if needed.

Once at the cades, see if there's anything going on there. Any more goodies stuck in the wall that I can see?




Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1578 on: December 06, 2019, 07:16:56 am »

Looks like we're bugging out.  Try to grab something valuable along the way, maybe one of the cuter bug, I'unno.  Just don't get trapped inside, then head back to the main lab with the others.  If we charge the wall, charge along with the others, ACA readied.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1579 on: December 06, 2019, 08:41:39 am »

(Sorry, I thought I had the spoiler in)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
stay with Elen
We donít want them attacking the hostages, the point is to rescue them
We need to ensure the safety of your subjects, King Grongor
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:46:37 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Logged

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1580 on: December 06, 2019, 02:04:28 pm »

Shut up and let Elen do the talking.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

  • Guest
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1581 on: December 06, 2019, 09:03:23 pm »

"Uh Tara, you're just repeating what I'm saying. I know you're very eager and want to prove yourself, but maybe you should slow down a little and follow my lead, maybe take some notes too."
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1582 on: December 06, 2019, 10:12:20 pm »

so I should stay here for now?
Logged

Hotfire90

  • Guest
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1583 on: December 07, 2019, 06:04:07 am »

"Yes you should. We're a team and supposed to stick together, leaving right now would not only be dangerous, I think it would also be a bit rude to both me and the king if you were to leave without either of us permitting it."
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1584 on: December 07, 2019, 07:47:48 am »

(Action changed)
youíre right, I will stay here then
Logged

Tavik Toth

  • Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1585 on: December 07, 2019, 11:44:55 am »

Wait at the barricades for the others.

Spoiler:  Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1586 on: December 07, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »



Begin. Ascertain current location and objectives.
Nice name. I'm already tied to a radiator and now I have to talk about some jerk named AYLAMO. Ugh, whatever.

Aylamo joins the group on the bug hunt.

Wait at the barricades for the others.

Spoiler:  Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)
Get ready for any actions of some sorts
Spoiler:  Sad fart guy (click to show/hide)
Wyatt and Toots basically just stand around and wait to do something useful.

Did OMNITECH finally get unionized?

((Damn. This is where having some levels in speech would have been handy. Oh well, can't be good at everything.
If I had time I'd try to get them in contact with one of our speech people and try to work out a plan, but it looks like we might have to accelerate the schedule. Still worth giving it a shot though, I think I have one more turn. Messing with those turrets might also had been fun.))

Would a cutting charge be enough to cut a hole through the harem wall to the lab without hurting the hostages?

Can I hear/see any signs of fighting?
If yes, detonate the explosives under the throne room, in the hopes that it will draw the guards away from the hostages. It it lets bugs in from the tunnels that should keep them distracted even longer.

If no, then try to find a way I could get to talk to one of the hostages. Do they have any place like a toilet or a changing room where they're likely to be unsupervised? Or maybe someone is near a blind corner with a nearby vent, so I could display a message in my computing cube screen for them to read? If I can speak to them, the message is basically "OMNITECH rescue. Ready to leave? Other hostages?"




Pathos considers:

A cutting charge would probably be enough to cut through the wall but...well doing so anywhere near the hostages might also be enough to cut through them. He'd have to place it a good distance away to be safe.

[6] He is pretty sure he can hear sounds of fighting! He doesn't have a button to press, so he activates the explosives while miming a dramatic button press.

"As my assistant said, they shouldn't have anything to do with this, they're mainly supposed to be my escort. Anyway we can help out with the defense against the beast attack if you want, setting them on fire should work I think, otherwise we could also help with patching up your soldiers and preventing any unnecessary casualties."

How many KNIGHTS are in the room right now, what weapons do they have and are they melee or ranged?
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
(Sorry, I thought I had the spoiler in)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No. Iím not sure what caused the bugs to come here. I doubt our countrymen did this
Shut up and let Elen do the talking.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[1,3,2v4]
Elen, Ji, and Tara are in the midst of formulating an excuse when Pathos decides to end the negotiations.  The demo charge he placed under the king's throne goes off and reduces the room to chaos. There is no process, no action to understand, they simply find themselves on their backs in a haze of smoke and flickering light. There is, somewhere distant, the sound of voices and shouting, dull thud of metal boots, echoing as though underwater.  The metal floor was a double edged sword: it shielded them from most of the blast, but also fragmented into shards. Tara sits up immediately, her injuries consisting of nothing more than a few cuts, and checks on the others. Ji has a foot long section of jagged metal embedded in her left thigh and is groaning, semi-concious. Elen is laying several feet away, still alive, but breathing with considerable difficulty due to the 3 metal fragments jutting out of her chest. 

Tara looks back towards where the throne and Grongor were and finds nothing but a blackened expanse of ruined metal blossoming upwards from the force of the blast. The KNIGHT that was nearest the throne is on his feet, missing an arm and limping but moving with purpose. Meanwhile the Knight that was behind the Emissaries is already on his feet and running out towards the rooms to the left.



Looks like we're bugging out.  Try to grab something valuable along the way, maybe one of the cuter bug, I'unno.  Just don't get trapped inside, then head back to the main lab with the others.  If we charge the wall, charge along with the others, ACA readied.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Wilfred picks up a cat sized wood louse and whispers, "You will be my rolly polly boy" to it before running out of the room to join the people at the barricade.

Leave the lab as well, try to grab some interesting nicknack on the way out, but not if that interferes with our orderly return to the 'cades. Help with the welding if needed.

Once at the cades, see if there's anything going on there. Any more goodies stuck in the wall that I can see?




Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Yagyu picks up a mysterious vial of glowing green liquid before running back to the barricades. The run takes a bit, so he doesn't have time to continue looting during this turn.

Go to the place where the bugs were. Or something. Use my expertise to help out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I think it may have worked? I was expecting to see more charred corpses if it failed."

Nikoli ponders exploring the lab for the secrets it contains within. The look of resignation that appears on his face makes his decision clear.

"Unfortunately, we can't afford to dilly dally here. Gotta go back to the place and finish the job. Someone should seal the door with a welding torch though. The insects are bound to recolonize this place once they realize the fire has died down. Don't want any innocents getting devoured by the swarm if they break out."

Pick up one of the eggs and leave through the main entrance from where I came. Head for Grognor's and be ready to storm the wall with my team.

Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)
Nik carries an egg under one arm and Toby under the other as he runs back to the barricades.

"Well I feel like we might be missing out on some loot, but then again we might have set it all on fire so I guess there isn't really much of a reason to stick around."
Leave the bug lab and wait for everybody to get out, then weld the door shut.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Harold waits for everyone to get out of the bug den. Well, he waits for everyone he remembers to get out of there. After no one has come out for like a good...30 seconds he shuts the door and reseals it before welding it shut too, just for good messure.



Those congregating at the Barricade hear the blast from inside. They can't see anything, but the barricade doesn't seem manned at the moment.

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Gibulent
« Reply #1587 on: December 07, 2019, 01:20:59 pm »

((Whoops. Didn't expect the explosion to be so big. Nor did I expect it to be right under the throne, I thought it would be near the pit. Oh well. I guess I can cross regicide off my list. Let's see what happens next.))

If the harem guards have been distracted by the explosion, get down to the hostages and announce to them this is an OMNITECH rescue.

If I can get them a safe distance away from the lab wall, do so before placing the cutting charge and joining them before detonating it.

Else, try to unlock the sealed door, unless the hostages or some sign tell me it leads somewhere bad. I don't really know where it leads, but it's probably better than going through the throne room.




Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1588 on: December 07, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »

Wow, I was very lucky. Time to figure out if this stuff I have can heal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try pulling the 3 shards from Elen and the jagged metal from Jiís thigh. After each time I pull the shards out, shoot the wounds with my foam gun to stop the bleeding. Since Ji is an android, use the sealing kit on her after the metal is pulled out.
Pull out shard, shoot wound with foam gun, pull out shard, shoot wound with foam gun, pull out shard, shoot wound with foam gun, pull out jagged metal, use sealing kit to seal the wound shut.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:31:44 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Logged

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • deep and dark
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #1589 on: December 07, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »

"Hey, does anyone know what we're supposed to be doing?"

Walk forwards and shoot the bad guys! If none present themselves, apply medical aid to the wounded ladies with my extremely gentle and caring touch.

Spoiler: Character Statistics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Make Numbers Go Up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:48:12 pm by Egan_BW »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 177