Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451032 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #1620 on: December 16, 2019, 05:22:44 pm »

[Achievement unlocked: Credit to station]

Uh, neat. Now that that boring job stuff is out of the way, time to engage with the real meat of this game.

Scout the base for a place appropriate to take someone on a date. Have to be prepared, you know?

Spoiler: Character Statistics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Make Numbers Go Up (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Judged, and found wanting.
« Reply #1621 on: December 16, 2019, 05:58:01 pm »

After seeing what happened to the others, she runs towards Charon and Wilfred
”there is an invisible creature in the auditor room that killed 3 people. Stay away!
Seeing the KNIGHTS next to Wilfred, Tara runs at the nearest one with one of her porcelain knives, attempting to slice off one of its arms
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 07:31:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 16, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »

Beat the knights up with the tentacle

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 17, 2019, 12:57:34 am »

Damn!!!!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 17, 2019, 05:28:32 am »

Damn this is like the third or forth time I've been killed in this thing, and I lost all my cool shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 17, 2019, 07:32:55 am »

But did they leave ghosts behind? Jon will not proceed into the blackness. Janitors live and die by a code, and that code includes respect of certain groups' zones of influence. Like break rooms and absolute no entry death holes. But if there are ghosts nearby, however many they may be, Jon will eat them. Except cats. Especially murdercats. Speaking of which, Jon goes and gets a murder cat.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 17, 2019, 05:41:13 pm »

If John tried to eat my ghost, fight back. Then run away somewhere.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 17, 2019, 10:27:17 pm »

How would I become a ghost? if not a ghost, do you mind if I creat Gabe the 2nd?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 18, 2019, 01:03:05 am »

"By order of King Grongor's successor all KNIGHTS ARE TO STAND DOWN AND STOP ATTACKING ME!"

Scream at the KNIGHTs to stand down and stop attacking me, while shooting at them and fleeing backward out of the complex.  In reverse order of priority; getting away is more important than attacking, which is more important than being eloquent or convincing.

Edit: Actually, wait, no.  People are volunteering to be meat shields, without even being asked!  I don't know when I slipped into a parallel universe, but I'll totally make use of this: Attacking is now first priority, and retreating to the doorway is second in priority.  Don't run away further than the doorway unless the meat shields are already dead and/or dying.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 18, 2019, 03:01:16 am »

If I end up a ghost run away from John and prevent him from eating me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 18, 2019, 04:00:51 am »

(Can I join? If so I'd like to be near to the action.)
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 19, 2019, 01:23:53 am »

((Yes, you totally can join!  Post a bolded line, saying you want to join the action.  The only action currently happening is a kinda-ambush by enemy supersoldier dudes, attacking my char and a couple of the squishy people.  If you help attack them, it will make it more likely that my char be able to escape and not die here, although it'll make your character's survival rather less likely.

...You maaay want to just spawn outside the lab and wait for the mission to complete.  About the only reason to join in the fight is that you might get paid full rate for it.))

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 19, 2019, 02:36:27 am »

Anya will bravely loot the trash wall

(Like this?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1633 on: December 19, 2019, 11:45:34 am »

Walk up to my good friends Harold, Toots, Nik and shove the toenail directly into their face. If they seems to be missing, dead, or a combination of the two, shove my new toenail into somebody else's face.

"Look at this toenail I found."

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
Charon Cannot find his friends and thus walks right out of the lab, searching for someone to display his trophy to.  He eventually finds the rest of the team loitering outside or heading to their ape overlords.

[Achievement unlocked: Credit to station]

Uh, neat. Now that that boring job stuff is out of the way, time to engage with the real meat of this game.

Scout the base for a place appropriate to take someone on a date. Have to be prepared, you know?

Spoiler: Character Statistics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Make Numbers Go Up (click to show/hide)
Aylamo learns of a mythical literal hole in the wall bar where people can watch topless guitar playing and drink spaceship fuel.

Anya will bravely loot the trash wall

(Like this?)

The trashwall has been pretty well scoured by the previous security team's actions, but Anya decides to give it a try regardless. [3] She wrenches out a...wrench! Its a big ol' monkey wrench! A reasonable club and, I guess, a method of tightening bolts.  (d4 monkey Wrench)

Damn this is like the third or forth time I've been killed in this thing, and I lost all my cool shit.
Damn!!!!
Going forward, I suggest a policy of not annoying the Auditors. Honestly, a meeting with them is never good. They either spend several hours explaining cost to benefit analysis to you, or they cut off your head. Sometimes both in either order.

If John tried to eat my ghost, fight back. Then run away somewhere.
How would I become a ghost? if not a ghost, do you mind if I creat Gabe the 2nd?
But did they leave ghosts behind? Jon will not proceed into the blackness. Janitors live and die by a code, and that code includes respect of certain groups' zones of influence. Like break rooms and absolute no entry death holes. But if there are ghosts nearby, however many they may be, Jon will eat them. Except cats. Especially murdercats. Speaking of which, Jon goes and gets a murder cat.
If I end up a ghost run away from John and prevent him from eating me.
After the events of the last mission, anyone who dies becomes a ghost. Jon is our only non-NPC ghost currently, though I suppose anyone else could become one, if they were inclined. Though you're basically completely insubstantial and unable to really effect the world in any meaningful way. Jon doesn't care about being useful or doing things other than mess around so Ghost is his perfect form. Also it lets him eat as many things as he wants.

However, you three aren't....dead per say. You're technically NPC's because the fate awaiting those who tick off the Auditors is far worse than death.

And yes, You can create Gabe 2, Electric Tootaloo.

After seeing what happened to the others, she runs towards Charon and Wilfred
”there is an invisible creature in the auditor room that killed 3 people. Stay away!
Seeing the KNIGHTS next to Wilfred, Tara runs at the nearest one with one of her porcelain knives, attempting to slice off one of its arms
Beat the knights up with the tentacle
"By order of King Grongor's successor all KNIGHTS ARE TO STAND DOWN AND STOP ATTACKING ME!"

Scream at the KNIGHTs to stand down and stop attacking me, while shooting at them and fleeing backward out of the complex.  In reverse order of priority; getting away is more important than attacking, which is more important than being eloquent or convincing.

Edit: Actually, wait, no.  People are volunteering to be meat shields, without even being asked!  I don't know when I slipped into a parallel universe, but I'll totally make use of this: Attacking is now first priority, and retreating to the doorway is second in priority.  Don't run away further than the doorway unless the meat shields are already dead and/or dying.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[5,3,4][6v7][5v1][10v4]
Tara darts in first, her knife striking the First KNIGHT's breastplate with a solid metallic impact, but doing nothing more than scratching the metal. Toby's tentacle whips past Tara and wraps itself around The KNIGHT with violent elastic speed, loops of cephalopod flesh enclosing chest and throat and head in rapid succession. With a whipping motion the tentacle jerks up into the air and begins rapidly slamming the knight against the walls and ceiling.  Meanwhile, Wilfred turns his attention to the next KNIGHT, and unleashes a concentrated spray of corrosive chemicals dead into its chest and face. It gets knocked straight off its feet by the impact and never manages to do anything more than wriggle a bit before its entire upper body is reduced to a murky mess of molten metal and manflesh.

There is a moment of apparent victory, but this ends before anyone can even cheer as it becomes clear what these KNIGHTS were running from when a centipede the size of a subway train spirals round the corner, running across the walls, floor and ceiling in rapid succession in its seemingly unstoppable charge.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 19, 2019, 02:21:42 pm »

Anya decides to meet her bosses, rather than dick  around here anymore
Spoiler: accomplishments (click to show/hide)
(Does the Hoverboard use tech?)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 08:44:45 pm by m1895 »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 334