Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441989 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

"Honestly, what's with the..."

"Right, think we have a problem with doubled dimensions."

Edward F. Slant esq. Paperwork Class is Malpractice & Violation of Company Procedures. And Animal Mistreatment. As well as another Accidental Workplace Related Death Due to Lack of Caution.. Best look through his will too, and sign off on his death. And of course Serve that Parallel Dimensional Double, 1 'Eddrick E. Slant, esq.' his Severance Papers, he's supposed to be in the other dimension. Being here is a violation of his contract, and subject to immediate Firing Squad, or Incineration.  There's also Theft of Company Property, given he is supposed to file the paperwork to take another's gear on a mission. And sense he seems to be missing his own, that's also Loss of Company Property too.

Also need to file for the work for fixing the holes in the walls. Well, once I've got this done, I think I'll read up on Temporal Law.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:36:44 pm by TricMagic »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »

((Tric pls trim stat and skill descriptions in your character sheet))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2019, 01:33:01 pm »

Edd sees Lisa looking at him and tapping away on her notebook. He stops stuffing his cousin into the incinerator for a moment, patting the dust off of his rubberized suit as he stands up.

"Oi, lady, what're giving me the stink-eye for? Can't a guy dispose of his late cousin, as per the stipulations in his contract under section 105-A?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2019, 01:41:07 pm »

"You do have your own Gear, correct? Make sure to file the paperwork for "Disposal and Redistribution of Company Property."

"Just that you look identical, is all. No need to let others think we overstep the bounds of the Law."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2019, 01:43:24 pm »

"Ey, I can't help it we both inherited our grandpappy's stunning good looks. But yeah, I'll fill out all of the appropriate paperwork. No sweat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2019, 05:36:41 pm »

Warning. Post this evening

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2019, 06:57:19 pm »

Edd sees Lisa looking at him and tapping away on her notebook. He stops stuffing his cousin into the incinerator for a moment, patting the dust off of his rubberized suit as he stands up.

"Oi, lady, what're giving me the stink-eye for? Can't a guy dispose of his late cousin, as per the stipulations in his contract under section 105-A?"
((this it the exact reason the janitorial class exists. You are a credit to the profession, Edd.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:28 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
This is a complete sheet, right?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2019, 08:54:41 pm »

((Looks good to me.  BTW, the use die for magazines means that whenever you fire your gun Piecewise will roll a d6, and if you roll too low (probably a 1, or possible either a 1 or 2), that magazine is expended.  You can probably also automatically expend mags if it's appropriate to an action.  Piecewise has used similar systems before, but he likes to change stuff up, so I don't know precisely how it'll work in this game.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2019, 11:55:28 pm »

((Looks good to me.  BTW, the use die for magazines means that whenever you fire your gun Piecewise will roll a d6, and if you roll too low (probably a 1, or possible either a 1 or 2), that magazine is expended.  You can probably also automatically expend mags if it's appropriate to an action.  Piecewise has used similar systems before, but he likes to change stuff up, so I don't know precisely how it'll work in this game.))
Its actually a bit more complex than that. Use dice are a fairly common mechanic in the greater RPG world and work like this: The use die is rolled whenever the object is used (In this case when the weapon is fired). If a 1 or a 2 is rolled, then the use die is reduced to the next lowest level.   So if my use die is a d8, then when I use an item I roll a d8. If I get a 1 or 2 then the die is reduced to a d6. If I get 1 or 2 again, then it is reduced to a d4.  If I get a 1 or 2 again, then the item runs out of uses.  Each reduction in die size makes the chance of rolling the 1 or 2 higher and thus speeds the depletion of the item.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Help whoever's trying to get that switch pulled.
"Pat, it's in the observation room ceiling! Come on!"
Then to Stiles: "You'd best get somewhere safe; we can handle it from here."
Run to the observation room; give my fellow engineer a boost to the ceiling vent if necessary. If he doesn't follow, try to reach it myself. Pull Stiles as far as the corridor if he's not in a state to move himself.
"Let's do this! You should climb up too Roald, if the ceiling can support two people."

With the help of Harry and Roald, head to the observation room and climb into the ceiling access. If I think the ceiling can support two people, pull Roald up as well, but if not then go flip the switch myself.

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
Harry, Roald, and Patrick all run out of the teleporter room and round to the observation rooms which are just one door down. That door is already open, apparently having been left that way by the brave scientists advancing towards the future by getting a safe distance from the mistakes of the recent past. They pile in and quickly find the vent or more a trap door in the ceiling; it has been helpfully marked with yellow and black caution tape, a big stenciled "MAINTENANCE" and even a lovely folding ladder like thing that they pull down and immediately swarm up. The door leads to a cramped crawlspace but despite the darkness and the confined space, the issue is immediately obvious.

The guts of the machine are larger than the little extensions into the room would hint and they extend like an inverted iceberg up through layers of cramped steel webwork and hastily rerouted air ducts, coolant tubes and conduits like tree branches extending into the walls or otherwise out of sight. Up a bit from the bottom is a set of three massive metal switches, almost like the blade type switches you'd expect to see on frankenstien's wall, but apparently automated with no handle, just bare metal. Two of the switches have been set to one position, the third is sitting between the two possible positions and electricity is arcing between it and the two sides like a jacob's ladder.

[1][3]
Roald, apparently his senses leaving him at the excitement of finally getting to put his training to use, runs to the switch and grasps it firmly with both hands. [1v5] He stands still there for a few seconds, vibrating slightly though quickly, his suit and skin starting to smoke. Then, perhaps because the skin on his hands has boiled off, he flies backwards into the wall, still smoldering. His body twitches a few times and then goes completely limp. Patrick seems completely taken aback by what happened and just sort of points at the switch.
[2]
Harry moves forward and grabs the switch himself. Luckily for him, electrical current is one of the things his rubberized suit shields him against. However, despite desperate jerking, he cannot force the switch to move.

Get behind something and train my rifle on the teleporter. Be ready to respond to any obvious threat.
Edit - Try to grab the dead guy’s pistol before he gets incinerated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lance casually walks over, roots through the dead man's pockets for a second, steals the pistol, and then returns to his spot on the wall. He aims  his rifle at the teleporter and waits.

"Don't ever crawl away from me again, now get back in there and do your job!"

Drag Benny back to the crate, use him and the crate as cover.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Crawl away from everyone and get inside the observation room and aim my rifle at the teleporter.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4v5]
"GET OFF ME, WOMAN!" Benny screams as Heather attempts to drag him back into the room. He slithers out of her grasp and commando crawls at high speed into the observation room. He sits down in one of the vacated office chairs and presses his rifle up against the reinforced acrylic of the window, aiming at the teleporter.  Heather, dejected, returns to her one true love: The crate.

"Heh, that dead guy had the same name as me."
Edward doesn't do anything. Or rather he does nothing with the intent of attracting as little hostile attention as possible.

Edward, seeing the demise of the similarly named man, decides to stay completely still. He doesn't move an inch. For all he knows, this dog hates men named Edward and has motion sensitive vision. In fact there's probably a....45% chance of that being correct.  At least by his estimation.

Swoop in to the unfortunate Lawyer's corpse. pocket his contract notebook and memory eraser, then stuff the rest of him in the incinerator.
Afterwards, make sure to keep my distance from the dog.

Eddrick, who is a lot like Edward but misspelled or perhaps said by someone with a very thick accent, appears on the scene almost as though he just stepped in from back stage. He immediately steals The contract notebook and Memory Eradicator from the corpse of Edward and then loads the body into the incinerator feet first. It slowly vanishes into the backpack like a stick of celery down a garbage disposal.  An ash cube is ejected a moment later and Eddrick nods to himself about a job well done before dashing out into the hall.

"Oh hey, Plan Meatloaf worked! Thanks for the help Jon! Now we just gotta..."

As he finishes, Edward slams the paperwork down on the cage. A moment later the paperwork, the top of the cage, Edwards right arm, head, and a large portion of torso are all reduced to atomized ash, along with a long tunnel of stone directly above and behind them.  The dog scampers about for a few moments but then seems to be distracted by the meatloaf and again starts eating.

"... Okaaaay then. Ahem, so, now we just gotta caaaarefully move the cage away from this room and the commotion, in case we can't get that switch flipped in time.

Hey Mildred, nice job just now, you're pretty good with animals. Do you think you could get the cage with the dog away without setting the thing off? The further away it is from here when that ape teleports in the better!

In the meantime, could one of you guys go help out the engineer to get that blasted switch flipped? He might need a boost to get up to the roof of that room. Maybe one of you people could help him?"
He said, looking at the people still hanging out in the break room, and then at the congregation amassing behind the crate.

Is the cage still structurally sound enough to contain Poochy Mc. Plasma?

Keep goop gun & scanner trained on the tube. If teleportation occurs, dodge for cover if more plasmabolts (or other deadly dangers) appear. If the ape gets teleported in, goop it to the floor if it tries to escape or otherwise cause a ruckus. Be sure to warn allies in case of more anomalous events.

Also, again suggest to the science dude that he tell the other lab to stop sending stuff before we get overwhelmed. 

Spoiler: Jion Maupin (click to show/hide)
Jion, who is like join but spelled by a dyslexic, looks at the dog cage. The cage is still tall enough on all of its sides that it should contain the dog, at least in terms of it not being able to wander off or jump out. But it clearly cannot contain the plasma.

Jion moves to Stiles and tells him to send a warning message to the other base. Stiles gets up at Jion's prodding and accesses the control panel with shaking hands. He types out a few things and then hits a button.

"I've sent it but its too late for the ape. They must have sent the all clear as soon as the dog came through so they sent the ape already, no doubt.  But if that switch isn't flipped before the energy packet gets here I have no idea what it will do. It might force the switch and come through fine, it might be an entangled energy conduit like the dog, or it might overwhelm the system in some way."

Jion keeps the goop gun trained on the teleporter.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Grab the stuff of Dave that still works/survived then chuck his corpse into Eddrick incinerator glare at the janitors not doing their job
Dave, having been reduced to an ash cube, is no longer lootable for anything but bits of grit. However, Steve did observe basically everything of value being stripped from the man before he was incinerated so its no great loss.

Upon seeing the medic attempting to use a janitorial tool, Jon gets quite angry.
"Hey, you! You keep your filthy hack hands off that device! That's Sanitation work! get out of here, scab!"

Threaten Steve (ziizo) with bodily harm if he attempts to use Eddrick's incinerator. Rush into the room and begin a physical altercation if he doesn't immediately back down. I will of course, be setting my incinerator to the "shoots jets of flame" setting for this.

Edit: Since the medic has stopped messing with a thermonuclear backpack, Jon will grunt sourly and go check the hole in the breakroom wall that leads away from the teleporter room. Where does that lead? He'll yell into the hole to find out if there's anyone in there and if there are messes to be cleaned. Encourage any bystanders to go bug the lawyers in the teleportation room for Work Orders.

"Hey in there! Did you happen to see a big ol' beam of light pass this way? probably did some damage to your cubicles or coat-racks or something. You'll need to put in a work order for Sanitation to come clean up. I think there's a lawyer over in teleportation you can talk to about the proper forms.

Jon walks over to the hole in the far wall of the break room and sticks his head through. Seems to lead to a cubicle farm of sorts, albeit a rather small one. Maybe 50 or 60 cubes all arranged in tight, efficient patterns for maximum soul crushing. He shouts encouraging words about work orders into the cubes but gets no response. It is early, they might not have come in yet, he reasons. Though he does see the flashing light of what looks like a computer monitor in one of the nearby cubes.

"Just means we gotta stop dicking around."

Move the crate away from the teleporter, until the scientists are ready to accept delivery of the crate.  Or just the dog, if the dog crate can't be moved.  Conduct said delivery by moving crate carefully or by getting another meat treat and asking the dog to come, while leading it towards the delivery zone.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
"Hey!" Spuds whisper-yells at Stiles "Where am I putting this dog?"

"We were just going to put it in the hall until all the tests were done." Stiles replies, somewhat bewildered.

"Isn't there somewhere better we can put it?!" Spuds hisses, jerking his head meaningfully at the dog and then at the ash cube that used to be Dave.

"I don't...know." Stiles finally says.

Spuds flings his hands up in frustration and proceeds to very carefully drag the dog box out into the hall and leave it there.

Welp, this isn't extranatural shenanigans and thus someone else's problem. Head back to the barracks and get some sleep.

[1]
Clem walks off, aiming to return to the barracks and sleep. It finds itself back at the teleporter lab literally minutes later, so fast that it begins to believe there is some sort of impossible space distortion in effect.  It begins examining the walls carefully.

As Qualt finishes patching Benny up, they pull a lollipop out of a pocket, unwrap it and stick it in their patient's mouth. Good patient.

With a pat on Benny's head, they begin to Linger in the hallway. Sit down (Safer that way) and listen for screams of people.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
Qualt pats Benny as he slithers away and then plops down against the wall. He smells what kind of smells like cooked pork and wonders if the situation has become a BBQ without him realizing it.

Hide behind Spuds. Be ready to clean his victims off the floor.

Aigre follows along behind Spuds. Very closely behind him in fact. Like 3 inches maybe. Just breathing down his neck constantly. Its disconcerting.

"Hey Mildred, nice job just now, you're pretty good with animals. Do you think you could get the cage with the dog away without setting the thing off? The further away it is from here when that ape teleports in the better!"
Mildred is still scratching said dog behind the ear, reaching in through the newly-created hole in the top of the cage.
"I reckon we can do that. Any idea where we're supposed to be taking him? Or should we just... find somewhere quiet to stick him, where he's not likely to get frightened and bark at anything important?"

Accompany the security guard with gigantic thighs, since he seems to have some idea where our canine cargo is supposed to be going. Reach into the busted top of the cage and keep doggo calm with pats and scritches.
Try to keep his barking apparatus faced away from me, just in case.

If the cage is no longer suitable to transport and security guy decides to take the dog on its own, just... follow along, I guess. Keep an eye out for a vacant office or something that we might be able to stash him in, unless there was actually a designated drop point that I somehow missed whilst not paying attention.

You really want me to roll for interacting with Laser Woof when you have no sheet?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2019, 11:55:51 pm »

"Hey! Janitors! Any janitor's closet nearby? I want to play around with the chemicals. I suppose I could give you some of it as a reward. Like some sleeping gas for the next test subject."

Do I know of any purge system that can be used to clear this lab if something goes horribly wrong? What's the minimum safe distance?

If someone provides me with chemicals, see if I've got enough tools and materials in this kitchen to make something helpful. Sleeping gas, poison, bomb, whatever.

[9]
Pathos checks the schematics of the area. Well, there are purge systems in place here though they're pretty harsh. Bakelite infusion, localized implosion, thermite grids, claymore mines build into walls, wave form collapse spacial deletion, etc. They all appear to be localized but its hard to say how accurate that is.

Spoiler: Jane-Anne Warren (click to show/hide)
Welcome, new employee.

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
This is a complete sheet, right?
And another new employee.  Feel free to start posting actions.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

"Honestly, what's with the..."

"Right, think we have a problem with doubled dimensions."

Edward F. Slant esq. Paperwork Class is Malpractice & Violation of Company Procedures. And Animal Mistreatment. As well as another Accidental Workplace Related Death Due to Lack of Caution.. Best look through his will too, and sign off on his death. And of course Serve that Parallel Dimensional Double, 1 'Eddrick E. Slant, esq.' his Severance Papers, he's supposed to be in the other dimension. Being here is a violation of his contract, and subject to immediate Firing Squad, or Incineration.  There's also Theft of Company Property, given he is supposed to file the paperwork to take another's gear on a mission. And sense he seems to be missing his own, that's also Loss of Company Property too.

Also need to file for the work for fixing the holes in the walls. Well, once I've got this done, I think I'll read up on Temporal Law.

Lisa places a stack of papers next to the ash cube and then goes about placing paperwork next to the holes in the walls and making careful note of their location before filling out the paperwork for their fixing.  She then tries to find out more about temporal law, but the links all go to pages that won't be written until  several years in the future. Huh.

02:54:23

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2019, 12:18:11 am »

Welp, this isn't extranatural shenanigans and thus someone else's problem. Head back to the barracks and get some sleep.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2019, 12:42:13 am »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Now you see this, people? This is why we send the HMRC into situations like this, they're properly equipped and even more properly disposable I mean, trained.

Pull the switch with all my switch-pulling ability.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2019, 01:24:00 am »

Go out into the hall, feed the laser dog more meatloaf. If he lasers again, clamp his mouth shut and stuff him into my incinerator. Otherwise go into the cubicle farm and start cleaning up.Put out any fires the plasma stared, using my mop. Laser squeegee any scorch marks on the wals where the plasma went through, both incoming and outgoing. Toss any loose articles from desks, wastepaper baskets, coat racks etc into the incinerator.

"Whistle while you work~ Phtphbthbbbphthb THB THB THB!~".

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:51:51 am by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Minutes without an accident: 0
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2019, 01:39:50 am »

That doesn't sound very pleasant. Getting a bit further wouldn't hurt.

Follow my janitor friend into the cubicle farm. Check the computer for anything interesting. Hopefully it's not filled to the brim with spam and porn.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 334