Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 439798 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1740 on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:19 am »

Lock the door, then search the room for other entrances.  Lock/block all of them.  If successful in that, sit down next to Pathos, and equip blindfold.  Tell Pathos that Wil is going into wait mode, and is disabling his eyesight, then give the psychorant a rest.  Just wait for Pathos to find something of interest that we can aim for.

If all entrances can't be locked/blocked, then crouch in a corner with cover and line of sight to Pathos, while maintaining the psychorant.  Have a solo debate about the merits of presumably more painful destructive tortures, versus the merits of nondestructive tortures that can be maintained in perpetuity.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earbuds.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:28 am »

Go back to the rest of the group and loot one of the that's been checked.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 23, 2020, 07:39:15 am »

"Hahahaha. I didn't used to like tihs Wilfram guy, but he's got the spirit. We should totally get him into a coffee pot too, Pathos.

Follow Wilfred around. Assist in colorful vitriol generation for his stream of invectives. Eat any ghosts that aren't properly approved, or happen to be fans of Mr Friend. Cat ghosts are always properly approved, of course. as is anything particularly drippy, gooey, or bitey.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2020, 10:03:49 am »

Continue exploring and searching for loot. Try to determine the age of any bloodstains I come across.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 23, 2020, 09:46:52 pm »

Pocket the flash drive. If any of my team REALLY wants to look at what’s in it, I’ll allow it, but I get to keep it.

Otherwise, pocket it and keep my baton handy.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 23, 2020, 10:59:05 pm »

I guess check on teammates and loot anything I come across (especially corpses). Go bother Pathos about giving me a map if possible.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 24, 2020, 11:56:23 am »

Follow Tara! Help her out, if need be.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1747 on: January 24, 2020, 12:45:25 pm »

(Piecewise, what happened to toots?)
Missed you, sorry. Assume you fell in with the bottom conglomerate of people, but that you gave Ji your shock code as you wanted to.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 25, 2020, 03:05:32 am »

uh, I guess follow the group?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1749 on: January 26, 2020, 03:42:31 pm »

what does the thing I fell on feel like?
[5]
Tara would have to say that it certainly feels and smells like she fell into a corpse!

Commence machine-to-machine Interface, yes... Pathos states while excitedly wiggling his manipulator arms.

Connect to the server. First order of business is to find a map or at least a rough layout of the area. If I'm successful, use my limited Omniscience to direct people around the complex, if anybody asks for directions. This is going to be like a strategy game, except all my units are blind and drunk.

Ask Mr. Omni to regale me with tales of the chocolate land and sing of its people while I work. Count myself lucky for not actually being able to hear his unfiltered voice.

[5] Pathos connects himself to the server and, after bypassing some rather distressingly rudimentary security, finds a map of the area.  It is sadly too large to easily show:spanning dozens of levels and several square miles, but it does allow him to overlay his Omniscience tags and get further information on the state of the area.  There appears to be a large fire burning in one section and a fair amount of destruction scattered about.  The subject is either enjoying his free time or is trying to get out. Maybe both.  There are time stamps associated with the damage, and there are still functioning live feeds from cameras in large sections of the facility. As he looks through these, Pathos notices that someone is accessing another console elsewhere in the restricted zone. They seem to be trying to get to the PA system.

Mr. Omni begins listing the ingredients of a OMNI brand chocolovely bar. It is roughly around "Tetramethylenedisulfotetramine" that pathos begins to feel relieved that he no longer eats.

Lock the door, then search the room for other entrances.  Lock/block all of them.  If successful in that, sit down next to Pathos, and equip blindfold.  Tell Pathos that Wil is going into wait mode, and is disabling his eyesight, then give the psychorant a rest.  Just wait for Pathos to find something of interest that we can aim for.

If all entrances can't be locked/blocked, then crouch in a corner with cover and line of sight to Pathos, while maintaining the psychorant.  Have a solo debate about the merits of presumably more painful destructive tortures, versus the merits of nondestructive tortures that can be maintained in perpetuity.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earbuds.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Wilfred locks the door, shoves a shelf in front of a small air vent and then curls up under a desk. He lets Wilfred know he's going into inactive mode and then fully shuts himself off from the world.

"Hahahaha. I didn't used to like tihs Wilfram guy, but he's got the spirit. We should totally get him into a coffee pot too, Pathos.

Follow Wilfred around. Assist in colorful vitriol generation for his stream of invectives. Eat any ghosts that aren't properly approved, or happen to be fans of Mr Friend. Cat ghosts are always properly approved, of course. as is anything particularly drippy, gooey, or bitey.
The Ghost of Jon floats into the server room carrying the ghost of the mutant cat  they accidentally spawned way back in mission one.  The cat is still flailing and growling but Jon keeps holding it by the scruff and whispering baby noises at it.

Go back to the rest of the group and loot one of the that's been checked.
Burt, apparently mid stroke, stumbles back into an already opened room and "Loots" a nice executive style office chair. He proceeds to go wheeling down the hall in it, taunting Mr. Friend and screaming about how he can never die.

Continue exploring and searching for loot. Try to determine the age of any bloodstains I come across.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[4]
Elen continues down the hall, turns a corner, and comes across a body.  A young man, a lab tech judging by the clothing.  He's dead, though how he died is hard to immediately tell. He's laying face down and there is blood around him and on the walls but not a fatal amount. He died of something other than simple exsanguination.  Elen checks the blood that is there and finds it to be very sludgy. Its hours, maybe over a day old, maybe longer depending on the rate of evaporation. He died recently, but not very recently.

Pocket the flash drive. If any of my team REALLY wants to look at what’s in it, I’ll allow it, but I get to keep it.

Otherwise, pocket it and keep my baton handy.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I guess check on teammates and loot anything I come across (especially corpses). Go bother Pathos about giving me a map if possible.
Follow Tara! Help her out, if need be.
uh, I guess follow the group?

With the Door to the server room locked, Anya joins Ji, Toots, and Toby as the go to look in on Tara. They find her splayed out in gore, struggling to get her footing. They pull her up and out before taking a moment to look over the room.  The body is old, over a day old, and who it used to be is hard to say. There's no skin, the chest and abdominal cavity are open, and the arms have been removed, while the legs remain, splayed out to act as a sort of base to keep the body stable leaning against the wall.  Written in blood on the wall above the corpse, now slightly marred by Tara's flailing, are the words

Hide and seek
Ready or not

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 26, 2020, 04:15:20 pm »

”Thank you whoever helped me up, what all is in this room?”
Follow those who helped me

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1751 on: January 26, 2020, 04:39:12 pm »

Suspicious activity detected. Attempted access to the PA system. Investigating sector...

Send the coordinates and any other info I have about that place and the user credentials used to access the PA system to my teammates. Then tackle the problem of the PA user. I'm going to let them think their message has gone through. However, I'm going to change the mode of their broadcast from global to local, so that their message is only heard in the room they're in and thus the rest of the lab is not affected. I'll also try to record the message and pass it through the speech-to-text. I'll also try to get a single frame from any cameras in that room so I can check who is broadcasting (remember, only view them at a rate of 1 ever 5 seconds, even if they're from different cameras).

If I can't do everything, then the order of priority is the order I've written them in.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 26, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »

Hmmm. Check the area for clues. Stay in the back of the group. See if the tooth matches this corpse. I took it with me, definitely.
”A corpse! And blood! Gross.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 27, 2020, 07:32:08 am »

"LOOK everyone, look at this chair I found!"
Use the chair to roll towards the rest of the group wherever they are, and be sure to bump into them with the chair.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 27, 2020, 12:13:26 pm »

"someone's trying to get into the PA system? Well then, you might want to get that electro implant activator ready, Ji."
Anya leans down to look Tara in the blindfold, and then pulls it up
As for your question, child, the only thing we've found so far is a creepy message, perhaps you'd like to help us search the area?
look around the general area of the body, taking care to stay in LoS of my teammates, and loot anything arguably valuable I find. After that, follow whichever one of us actually leads

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 334