Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452772 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1755 on: January 27, 2020, 02:33:47 pm »

Could you perhaps give us a map of the local area? Or a general overview map with those areas of interest that you described marked? Cause I think we'll have to come up with some concrete objectives here to make sure we don't devolve into 'aimless meandering' too soon, given the size of this complex.

Either way, point foam gun at Pathos while he hacks and ask questions from time to time. If he starts missing answers or behaves erratically, stick him to the ground with goop.

Should things go smoothly on that front and I can do anything else this turn, investigate and scan the two dead bodies and try to determine cause of death. Check if they have anything useful on them.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:47 pm »

”ok”
Tara looks around the room and sees the blood message
”Hide and seek, ready or not, usually after ready or not, the seeker says here I come, here’s hoping we are the seekers and he is hiding, either this or Mr. Friend and us are simultaneously the hiders and seekers from each other. He also knows we are here”
Tara gets the blindfold back on before following the group out

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 27, 2020, 08:56:22 pm »

Just be ready in case I need the baton
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #1758 on: January 28, 2020, 12:29:17 pm »

Loot him for valuables. Continue exploring in the search for more loot and corpses.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1759 on: January 28, 2020, 02:01:47 pm »

Could you perhaps give us a map of the local area? Or a general overview map with those areas of interest that you described marked? Cause I think we'll have to come up with some concrete objectives here to make sure we don't devolve into 'aimless meandering' too soon, given the size of this complex.

Either way, point foam gun at Pathos while he hacks and ask questions from time to time. If he starts missing answers or behaves erratically, stick him to the ground with goop.

Should things go smoothly on that front and I can do anything else this turn, investigate and scan the two dead bodies and try to determine cause of death. Check if they have anything useful on them.

Alright, Twist my arm and expose me as a fraud why don't you.  White lines are the airlocks between sections.

https://i.imgur.com/MTPF4mA.png

Also Yagyu can sure point a foam gun at a robot spider, but leaving the room is harder because some screaming maniac has barricaded the door and gnaws on the ankles of anyone who tries to remove it.

Suspicious activity detected. Attempted access to the PA system. Investigating sector...

Send the coordinates and any other info I have about that place and the user credentials used to access the PA system to my teammates. Then tackle the problem of the PA user. I'm going to let them think their message has gone through. However, I'm going to change the mode of their broadcast from global to local, so that their message is only heard in the room they're in and thus the rest of the lab is not affected. I'll also try to record the message and pass it through the speech-to-text. I'll also try to get a single frame from any cameras in that room so I can check who is broadcasting (remember, only view them at a rate of 1 ever 5 seconds, even if they're from different cameras).

If I can't do everything, then the order of priority is the order I've written them in.

Pathos marks the location on the map.
[7]
Pathos catches the PA hacker midway and routes around them in a way that they don't notice, restricting the broadcast to local and converting it to text to speech for everyone else.  As he does this he also attempts to hack the cameras of the sector and finds them offline. The entirety of Sector A's cameras are offline, which is bad because thats the command sector for this entire semi-hemisphere. It Appears Mr. Friend has compromised the control systems of the area.

Loot him for valuables. Continue exploring in the search for more loot and corpses.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[2]
Elen, never one to let the sanctity of life or any sort of memento mori get her down, immediately attempts to loot the body. Sadly, in her fervor for stealing from the dead, she fails to notice the grenade that has been primed and hidden under the body. As she shifts the corpse's weight to rifle its pockets there is a metal click as the trap springs. [2] Even more sadly than before, she doesn't recognize the sound for what it is and continues to root around in the corpse's pants.

[2v10]

In a way most cosmically ironic, Elen is reduced to a red slurry in her attempt to steal from the dead in order to prolong her own life.  Her cognition copier sends its last report about 23 seconds before this event and the Consciousness that is Elen is safely stored away in the deep data centers of the Complex, waiting to be retrieved at the beginning of the next mission.

No one hears the blast- because of the ear plugs- but they do feel it.

Just be ready in case I need the baton
"someone's trying to get into the PA system? Well then, you might want to get that electro implant activator ready, Ji."
Anya leans down to look Tara in the blindfold, and then pulls it up
As for your question, child, the only thing we've found so far is a creepy message, perhaps you'd like to help us search the area?
look around the general area of the body, taking care to stay in LoS of my teammates, and loot anything arguably valuable I find. After that, follow whichever one of us actually leads

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
"LOOK everyone, look at this chair I found!"
Use the chair to roll towards the rest of the group wherever they are, and be sure to bump into them with the chair.
Hmmm. Check the area for clues. Stay in the back of the group. See if the tooth matches this corpse. I took it with me, definitely.
”A corpse! And blood! Gross.”
”Thank you whoever helped me up, what all is in this room?”
Follow those who helped me
As it turns out the tooth does actually fit the corpse. Not a particularly useful but of knowledge but at least they know the origin of it now.

The room is effectively empty except for blood, the corpse, and a desk that has been shoved up against the back left corner. Someone has helpfully set a desk lamp on the desk and pointed the light at the body. Setting the scene, as it were. Very dramatic. Also on the desk is a sheet of paper, under the lamp. Lifting the lamp and examining the paper reveals the phrase "Here I come", also written in blood.

[3]

Toots takes the lamp and examines it, noticing something. On the bottom of the lamp, someone has glued a small touch sensor. The sort of sensor that would be activated either when the sensor is touched...or when that pressure is removed...

Code: (MESSAGE) [Select]
HELLO I AM AN ASSOCIATE OF MR. FRIEND
MR. FRIEND HAS ENJOYED HIS TIME IN YOUR COMPANY, BUT HAS DECIDED HE WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE.
IN ORDER TO SHOW HIS APPRECIATION FOR YOUR TIME TOGETHER, HE HAS DECIDED TO PLAY ONE LAST GAME WITH YOU.
IF YOU CAN FIND MR. FRIEND, YOU ARE THE WINNER.
IF HE FINDS YOU, YOU LOSE.
READY

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 28, 2020, 02:27:29 pm »

Alright, Twist my arm and expose me as a fraud why don't you.  White lines are the airlocks between sections.
Thank you for the map, I appreciate it. I'll keep the link in my charsheet so people can find it easily.

Also Yagyu can sure point a foam gun at a robot spider, but leaving the room is harder because some screaming maniac has barricaded the door and gnaws on the ankles of anyone who tries to remove it.
Isn't that maniac currently completely shut off from the world and so can't really see or do that much to stop Yagyu from leaving?

Either way, assuming Yagyu knows about the 'splosion, consider whether my scanner could pick up small explosives like that one. Perhaps the chemical sensors could be of use, since I assume these are fairly jury-rigged explosives and so would leave some trace? If yes, scan around the local area now to see if there are more hidden bombs or other surprises.

Oh, and if any of her inventory survived, grab Elen's stuff so that we can get it back to her after the mission (check for more 'splosives around first). If anyone needs any of it for the mission, let them take it, but make it clear her reincarnation is getting it back afterwards.

((Assuming we can all hear/see that message at the bottom of the turn, text this to allies:))

"Alright lads and lasses, stay calm. Ain't nothing much we're gonna accomplish in 90 seconds anyways, he's probably just trying to make us panic and act rashly. I'll give the area a scan to see if there are more hidden surprises around.

Also, they've clearly been preparing for our arrival here, so from now on try not to touch too many unknown objects without giving someone a chance to give it a quick scan.

Either way, we need a plan to go through this complex. I propose we try to ensure they cannot flank us by closing down any airlocks to areas we haven't yet cleared and closed, both on the software side and the hardware one."

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:39:49 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1761 on: January 28, 2020, 03:22:34 pm »

Alert: signal loss, unit = Combat Medic Elen Farley. Most likely reason: death. Possible result of: enemy activity, enemy trap and/or idiocy. Advise caution.
Alert: sector A surveillance system = inactive -> Command center compromised. Advise caution.

Do my best to defend the local system and check for traps. If he managed to subvert someone skilled with computers, he could had left something for us here, knowing this was an important target. Or he might be holding them in reserve, waiting to launch an attack to keep me occupied. Or he might be watching us right now. Hell, he might even start remotely triggering systems like fire suppression to mess with us, so keep an eye on those and be ready to intercept. Also check access logs for this room (possibly supplemented by camera snapshots) to detect any traps that might have been laid in this room. Finally check for systems feeding into this room that could be compromised. Generally work on securing our little fort as much as I can, just in case this countdown is more than a mindgame. Once I'm done shoring up our defenses, I can focus on spying and electronic warfare.

Of course he might always do something game-changing like completely shutting down power to the entire level, but there's only so much I can do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 28, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »

(We all are in the same location currently? Or is this only showing Yagyu’s position? If the blue dot means we are all in the same area, my action Head to room R applies, if not where are each of us?)if in room R right now, head to room Q If in room Q right now, Head to room U
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:37:33 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 28, 2020, 09:01:55 pm »

Ah well, just don't touch anything new, and put the lantern down
Spoiler: Gabe Toots 2.0 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 12:43:21 am by The Canadian kitten »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 29, 2020, 07:41:34 am »

Wait, I don't even have earplugs. Ah well, just don't touch anything new

((Pathos supplied everyone with text-to-speech earplugs, I believe, so you can equip those.  Everyone was also given blindfolds, for free.  That leaves smell as the only ranged perception method you're vulnerable to, and you should be able to fix that by just jamming some cloth up your nose.  Oh, and please make sure to give your shock implant controller to either Pathos or Ji; you definitely have one, as all security personnel get it alongside their shock implant.))

Yeah, Wil is currently dead to the world.  He's using the text-to-speech earplugs, so he can still hear communications, but he's not able to stop Yagyu from leaving.  Nor would he really care to, though he'd want to replace the barricade after Yagyu left, assuming he was told.

As for an action... You know what, assist Pathos with securing the electronics of this room.  Place all weapons in a far corner first, and DO NOT look at any camera feeds or videos of any kind.  Resume the psychorant while working on computers, as well--this time, talk about possibly making custom miniature robotic spiders that could eat Derp alive from inside out.  Stop if Pathos doesn't want Wil messing with anything, in which case Wil will just quietly sit in a corner while blindfolded, waiting for an actual plan to be formed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Blindfold, equipped if not doing computer work.
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:21 am »

Well, I can’t hear shit, so let’s just say that I’ll look for the most defensive position once I see everyone not moving forward.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 29, 2020, 09:46:44 am »

(He already gave his activator to Ji)
Hey Toots, what do you have the... i-is that a pressure plate?
after taking a look at what Toots was holding Anya very quickly leaves the room muttering something about Chechens and Bond villains.Afterwards she'll try to report back what her group found to Pathos, cursing Mr. Friend to prove she's not being controlled

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:03 am »

Spin around in my chair for a bit while waiting for someone to come up with a plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 29, 2020, 09:31:28 pm »

Continue to harass ... I mean assist Wil by offering suggestions for invectives, derogations, and anatomically inappropriate actions for his tirade. He's dead to the world, right? That means I should be super helpful to his mental health!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1769 on: January 30, 2020, 03:49:49 pm »

Thank you for the map, I appreciate it. I'll keep the link in my charsheet so people can find it easily.

Isn't that maniac currently completely shut off from the world and so can't really see or do that much to stop Yagyu from leaving?

Either way, assuming Yagyu knows about the 'splosion, consider whether my scanner could pick up small explosives like that one. Perhaps the chemical sensors could be of use, since I assume these are fairly jury-rigged explosives and so would leave some trace? If yes, scan around the local area now to see if there are more hidden bombs or other surprises.

Oh, and if any of her inventory survived, grab Elen's stuff so that we can get it back to her after the mission (check for more 'splosives around first). If anyone needs any of it for the mission, let them take it, but make it clear her reincarnation is getting it back afterwards.

((Assuming we can all hear/see that message at the bottom of the turn, text this to allies:))

"Alright lads and lasses, stay calm. Ain't nothing much we're gonna accomplish in 90 seconds anyways, he's probably just trying to make us panic and act rashly. I'll give the area a scan to see if there are more hidden surprises around.

Also, they've clearly been preparing for our arrival here, so from now on try not to touch too many unknown objects without giving someone a chance to give it a quick scan.

Either way, we need a plan to go through this complex. I propose we try to ensure they cannot flank us by closing down any airlocks to areas we haven't yet cleared and closed, both on the software side and the hardware one."

(That message was to everyone, yes)

Yagyu could definitely feel the room shake when Elen learned her lesson about graverobbing, so he unbarricades the door and head out in search of the source of the big jiggle.  He finds whats left of Elen and scoops the useful bits, namely her inventory, into his bag.

[2]

The scanner cannot pick up explosives like that one. Well, it can accurately pinpoint that the explosive used here was a hand grenade. It can tell you the explosive substance used in that grenade from traces in the air and on the ground. However, before the grenade goes off it is essentially a sterile metal container with no real residue or particulate.  If the device was wired to explode via electronic signal, it might be able to pick up that signal, but this device was a simple mechanical trap of the weight of the body preventing the lever from activating the charge.  There's very little for the scanner to pick up on.

Alert: signal loss, unit = Combat Medic Elen Farley. Most likely reason: death. Possible result of: enemy activity, enemy trap and/or idiocy. Advise caution.
Alert: sector A surveillance system = inactive -> Command center compromised. Advise caution.

Do my best to defend the local system and check for traps. If he managed to subvert someone skilled with computers, he could had left something for us here, knowing this was an important target. Or he might be holding them in reserve, waiting to launch an attack to keep me occupied. Or he might be watching us right now. Hell, he might even start remotely triggering systems like fire suppression to mess with us, so keep an eye on those and be ready to intercept. Also check access logs for this room (possibly supplemented by camera snapshots) to detect any traps that might have been laid in this room. Finally check for systems feeding into this room that could be compromised. Generally work on securing our little fort as much as I can, just in case this countdown is more than a mindgame. Once I'm done shoring up our defenses, I can focus on spying and electronic warfare.

Of course he might always do something game-changing like completely shutting down power to the entire level, but there's only so much I can do.

[3]
Pathos attempts to search into the deeper systems, access the servers for each section of this semi-hemisphere, but finds them tightly locked off. All he has access to is this section right now, so he does what he can.  He checks the cameras for this section and find that a large procession of people have moved through here in that past, 26 hours ago according to time stamps. These people include Mr. Friend, and he proceeds to, in a very nonchalant way, kill several of the people in his entourage. In particular you note down the grenade corpse trap and several others like it around this section. Notably not every body is trapped, just some. Others he leaves something on, but its not a grenade or any sort of weapon. Its something small. The 1 frame every few seconds thing makes it hard to see, but after several minutes of carefully selecting one frame after another, he thinks Mr. Friend is leaving memory cards on them. 

For the moment the best you can do is attempt to lock him out of access to this section.  [2] Sadly you don't think you can even do that.

Wait, I don't even have earplugs. Ah well, just don't touch anything new

((Pathos supplied everyone with text-to-speech earplugs, I believe, so you can equip those.  Everyone was also given blindfolds, for free.  That leaves smell as the only ranged perception method you're vulnerable to, and you should be able to fix that by just jamming some cloth up your nose.  Oh, and please make sure to give your shock implant controller to either Pathos or Ji; you definitely have one, as all security personnel get it alongside their shock implant.))

Yeah, Wil is currently dead to the world.  He's using the text-to-speech earplugs, so he can still hear communications, but he's not able to stop Yagyu from leaving.  Nor would he really care to, though he'd want to replace the barricade after Yagyu left, assuming he was told.

As for an action... You know what, assist Pathos with securing the electronics of this room.  Place all weapons in a far corner first, and DO NOT look at any camera feeds or videos of any kind.  Resume the psychorant while working on computers, as well--this time, talk about possibly making custom miniature robotic spiders that could eat Derp alive from inside out.  Stop if Pathos doesn't want Wil messing with anything, in which case Wil will just quietly sit in a corner while blindfolded, waiting for an actual plan to be formed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Blindfold, equipped if not doing computer work.
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Wil resecures the room after Yagyu leaves, getting things up to his own personal standard of paranoia.

(He already gave his activator to Ji)
Hey Toots, what do you have the... i-is that a pressure plate?
after taking a look at what Toots was holding Anya very quickly leaves the room muttering something about Chechens and Bond villains.Afterwards she'll try to report back what her group found to Pathos, cursing Mr. Friend to prove she's not being controlled
Anya reports to everyone that they have possibly, maybe, accidentally triggered a pressure plate in a murder room and that it is entirely possible that there is now a preterhuman psycho on his way to slap them.

(We all are in the same location currently? Or is this only showing Yagyu’s position? If the blue dot means we are all in the same area, my action Head to room R applies, if not where are each of us?)if in room R right now, head to room Q If in room Q right now, Head to room U
I should point out that these sections are not rooms. These are entire subsections. Each lettered block there is like an entire office building worth of rooms and halls and such.  Of course you could say to move towards section U and we'd head there, but you'd really separate yourself from the team like that.

Well, I can’t hear shit, so let’s just say that I’ll look for the most defensive position once I see everyone not moving forward.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Spin around in my chair for a bit while waiting for someone to come up with a plan.
Ah well, just don't touch anything new, and put the lantern down
These three either hide or stand about - or in Burt's case sit about.  I really don't have much more to say.

Continue to harass ... I mean assist Wil by offering suggestions for invectives, derogations, and anatomically inappropriate actions for his tirade. He's dead to the world, right? That means I should be super helpful to his mental health!

Jon Blows a big etheral raspberry at Wil and then floats through the walls multiple times to make a silent joke of Wil's continued attempts to secure the room.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 334