Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452946 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1770 on: January 30, 2020, 04:15:11 pm »

Alert: Several grenade-traps have been placed under corpses in this section. Proceed with caution when interacting with corpses.
Attention: Several memory cards have been placed underneath corpses in this section. Sending known locations now.
Analysis: Cards may contain information about the "game". Target may consider himself superior to security team and may thus be providing help to even the odds.
Attention: Cards may be intended to subvert our information-gatherers. Proceed with caution when viewing contents.
Attention: Target was last seen in this area 26 hours ago, murdering several of his followers.
Attention: Servers on other sections are on lockdown. It is likely that physical access to a server will be required to provide support in those sections.

If anybody wants to check a body, let them know if it's trapped or has a card by reviewing the tapes.

Generally try to keep an eye/security camera/omniscience on the team and help them navigate or alert them to danger.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:44:34 am by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 30, 2020, 06:10:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Thank you for clarifying)
Head to a new room in the current section. Take off blindfold and look around the room. If I find a corpse, ask Pathos whether it contains a memory card. If it does, take the memory card, if not, reequip blindfold and go to another new room.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:06:32 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 31, 2020, 08:57:39 am »

Roll out of the room in my chair with my blind fold on and my gun at the ready, then go searching memory cards with help from pathos.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 31, 2020, 09:55:57 am »

since cowering in the relative safety of the server room sadly isn't an option, move out with the rest of the team, keeping an out for additional traps
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:18:41 am by m1895 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 31, 2020, 10:39:11 pm »

Follow a random person that's going to a new room

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 01, 2020, 12:38:14 am »

"Hey Pathos, I'd go check one of those servers, 'cept I've got no idea where they are.  Do you have any maps leading to one, or will I just have to read signs?  Oh, fuck Derp, by the way.  Tiny robotic spiders will eat his spleen.  Or maybe a kidney.  Yeah, one kidney first..."

Pathos failed to lock off this section from Derp's hacker, so Wil will try to do that himself.  Don't look at any camera feeds, and drop the rifle and baton in a far corner of the room first.  Continue the psychorant while doing this; debate which of Derp's internal organs could be feasted upon by robot spiders for the longest period without killing Derp, to prolong his suffering.

Also, look up a map location of other server rooms.  If each section has its own server room, look up the location of section R's server room, and plot a path that's not quite the most direct.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 01, 2020, 02:20:49 pm »

as quickly as I can, get a perimeter of the next room. Any non-friendlies I see get a baton in the face.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 02, 2020, 05:42:13 pm »

The scanner cannot pick up explosives like that one. Well, it can accurately pinpoint that the explosive used here was a hand grenade. It can tell you the explosive substance used in that grenade from traces in the air and on the ground. However, before the grenade goes off it is essentially a sterile metal container with no real residue or particulate.  If the device was wired to explode via electronic signal, it might be able to pick up that signal, but this device was a simple mechanical trap of the weight of the body preventing the lever from activating the charge.  There's very little for the scanner to pick up on.

Could it perhaps at least pick up the presence of a metal grenade-sized object beneath a person, perhaps via some sort of x-ray backscatter-based approach or with whatever metal detection it can manage?

"Ok then, since they now know where we are, I suggest we first lock down the airlock going to sector R before we continue with clearing sector V. That way we at least can manage our problems one by one before they all come barreling down on us. I'm gonna try to head over to the airlock and I'd like to at least have a few people with me for this.

Hackerman, keep you eyes peeled on those cameras, I'd rather not get flanked on our way there."

Assuming I can get a least a couple other teammates with me, head for the airlock. Be careful (aka don't run ahead blindly) but do go straight there unless we encounter something very dangerous or suspicious.

Should we make it to the airlock, lightly seal it off mechanically using the torch I have. I'm not trying to make it impenetrable here, just so that it can't be casually opened from the other side. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:21:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 03, 2020, 09:37:10 am »

Borrow somebodies glasses, so my sight will be obscured. Reason out that if Mr. Friend’s gonna come to us, we can just make fortifications and wait. Follow 
”hey, if anybody here has glasses, if you take them off, you can see without being controlled by the guy, probably.”

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1779 on: February 03, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »

Borrow somebodies glasses, so my sight will be obscured. Reason out that if Mr. Friend’s gonna come to us, we can just make fortifications and wait. Follow 
”hey, if anybody here has glasses, if you take them off, you can see without being controlled by the guy, probably.”
[4]
Toby reasons out that if  Mr. Friend is coming to get them, then they can simply wait for him to come! Tody then considers this idea for a bit and realizes that Mr. Friend might be coming to get them with thousands upon thousands of mind controlled followers armed with experimental technology.

Toby is still under the impression he can take them.

The scanner cannot pick up explosives like that one. Well, it can accurately pinpoint that the explosive used here was a hand grenade. It can tell you the explosive substance used in that grenade from traces in the air and on the ground. However, before the grenade goes off it is essentially a sterile metal container with no real residue or particulate.  If the device was wired to explode via electronic signal, it might be able to pick up that signal, but this device was a simple mechanical trap of the weight of the body preventing the lever from activating the charge.  There's very little for the scanner to pick up on.

Could it perhaps at least pick up the presence of a metal grenade-sized object beneath a person, perhaps via some sort of x-ray backscatter-based approach or with whatever metal detection it can manage?

"Ok then, since they now know where we are, I suggest we first lock down the airlock going to sector R before we continue with clearing sector V. That way we at least can manage our problems one by one before they all come barreling down on us. I'm gonna try to head over to the airlock and I'd like to at least have a few people with me for this.

Hackerman, keep you eyes peeled on those cameras, I'd rather not get flanked on our way there."

Assuming I can get a least a couple other teammates with me, head for the airlock. Be careful (aka don't run ahead blindly) but do go straight there unless we encounter something very dangerous or suspicious.

Should we make it to the airlock, lightly seal it off mechanically using the torch I have. I'm not trying to make it impenetrable here, just so that it can't be casually opened from the other side. 

Yagyu considers it possible to scan corpses to see if there are metal objects under them. It should be relatively reliable even! 70% chance he thinks.

"Hey Pathos, I'd go check one of those servers, 'cept I've got no idea where they are.  Do you have any maps leading to one, or will I just have to read signs?  Oh, fuck Derp, by the way.  Tiny robotic spiders will eat his spleen.  Or maybe a kidney.  Yeah, one kidney first..."

Pathos failed to lock off this section from Derp's hacker, so Wil will try to do that himself.  Don't look at any camera feeds, and drop the rifle and baton in a far corner of the room first.  Continue the psychorant while doing this; debate which of Derp's internal organs could be feasted upon by robot spiders for the longest period without killing Derp, to prolong his suffering.

Also, look up a map location of other server rooms.  If each section has its own server room, look up the location of section R's server room, and plot a path that's not quite the most direct.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
[10][3]

Wilfred, his map searching complete, proceeds to lock off this server by reaching behind it and yanking the power cable out.  That done, he charts out a path to R sector's Server while a small robot spider swears at him.

Alert: Several grenade-traps have been placed under corpses in this section. Proceed with caution when interacting with corpses.
Attention: Several memory cards have been placed underneath corpses in this section. Sending known locations now.
Analysis: Cards may contain information about the "game". Target may consider himself superior to security team and may thus be providing help to even the odds.
Attention: Cards may be intended to subvert our information-gatherers. Proceed with caution when viewing contents.
Attention: Target was last seen in this area 26 hours ago, murdering several of his followers.
Attention: Servers on other sections are on lockdown. It is likely that physical access to a server will be required to provide support in those sections.

If anybody wants to check a body, let them know if it's trapped or has a card by reviewing the tapes.

Generally try to keep an eye/security camera/omniscience on the team and help them navigate or alert them to danger.

Pathos provides good admin support until someone powers off the damn server.

as quickly as I can, get a perimeter of the next room. Any non-friendlies I see get a baton in the face.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Follow a random person that's going to a new room

since cowering in the relative safety of the server room sadly isn't an option, move out with the rest of the team, keeping an out for additional traps
Roll out of the room in my chair with my blind fold on and my gun at the ready, then go searching memory cards with help from pathos.
(Thank you for clarifying)
Head to a new room in the current section. Take off blindfold and look around the room. If I find a corpse, ask Pathos whether it contains a memory card. If it does, take the memory card, if not, reequip blindfold and go to another new room.

The cluster of teammates heads off after Yagyu, following Pathos' instructions to the airlock and also to bodies containing memory cards. Yagyu seals the door into section R with a relatively easily opened weld and the team successfully recovers three memory cards from corpses littering the halls. Judging from the distribution it seems like Mr. Friend just...killed randomly at set intervals. Almost like he was just bored.  The bodies are sometimes very much intact and just sort of laying against a wall or on the floor with a few stab wounds or a bullet hole as the only indication of their fate. Others are splattered all over or seem to have been maimed and then told to walk, dying as they do.

The worst part about it is that these do not often seem as theatrical as the past one; they're very detached, at best playful and at worst matter of fact. His utter lack of concern for the lives of others is very apparent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 03, 2020, 04:09:14 pm »

Tara uses the T2S to ask ”Can the computer cube play memory cards?”

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1781 on: February 03, 2020, 05:48:43 pm »

Nai wa

Check the map. See if there's any section dedicated to life support systems/maintenance. I'm assuming this lab is at least semi-isolated from the outside world?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:57:35 am by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 03, 2020, 06:53:52 pm »

Tara gets the memory cards to Pathos for him to look at, in case they are of Mr Friend
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:36:03 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1783 on: February 03, 2020, 07:21:36 pm »

Tara uses the T2S to ask ”Can the computer cube play memory cards?”
(it can)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 03, 2020, 08:24:15 pm »

"uh Tara where are you going with the memory cards? We need the tinheads to look at them, in case they're recordings of Mr. Friend."
I dunno man, just stay with the group I guess?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:01:24 am by m1895 »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 334