Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442106 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1800 on: February 10, 2020, 07:26:04 pm »

Go find the armory!
”who wants to go on an armory adventure with me?”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1801 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:43 pm »

Take the rusty danger sign
Gabe takes the High voltage sign and, presumably, affixes it to his crotch.

Grab the tiny mug with a flower on the side, dwarf bobblehead, Desk lamp, and power cable, and see how good a weapon the lamp is, then assist Anya in altering the life support systems.
The lamp is a d2 weapon, as it is a lamp and not designed for murder. Most lamps are not designed for murder.

Burt carries his armful of junk over to Anya and attempts to help hack into life support while balancing a bobblehead on his own bobble head.

see about modifying the Life support systems to dump nitrogen and remove oxygen from a room on demand, burn a toolkit charge to do so.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
M
[1,3]
Anya discovers that she can basically force any room or hallways section in any of the larger sections into hard vacuum, or dump nitrogen, or fill it with bakelite, or any number of things from the life support room. However, and this is important, the life support rooms govern only their individual sections. So section A's life support section cannot control section B's functions.

No.
Reprogramming of this section's life support system is required. Surveillance of the entryway is also required. Formulating plan...
Plan:
Unit Pathos will remain concealed and provide surveillance info.
Unit Ji will stand by to provide support.
Unit Burt and unit Anya will repurpose the life support system to disable the attackers. Alternatively they can use power cables and other utilities to set up traps.
Unit Wilfred will attempt to re-establish local server control and provide extra surveillance and support, in case unit Pathos is forced to retreat.
Alternative plan: retrieve grenade traps from corpses for use against attackers.
Alternative plan: attempt to locate armory
Alternative plan: locate defensible position and prepare ambush
Proceed

Take the power cable if it's long enough to be useful as a rope substitute.

Find a nice hiding spot in the area leading to the next section (section R), somewhere safe in case they decide to use explosives or something to break in. Maybe under the cardboard box we found last turn?

Provide surveillance information so that the others know if it's safe to use their eyes. Try to keep track of the targets with my Omniscience so that I'll let them know of their general direction.

If it looks like things are going badly for me, run away.

Pathos steals the power cord from Burt and scurries away. [1] He searches for, but cannot find any good place to hide, and as such makes the rather desperate move of crawling onto a desk and doing his best to look like an executive ball clicker.

Try to determine where the sound is coming from. Does it seem like they are trying to gain entrance to this section, either via the airlock or by some other means?

If nobody else tries to look at the memory cards this turn (and no dangerous/violent crap happens of course), then use my computing cube to look at them. Make sure I am near teammates and that Wilfred holds on to my weapons while I look at them just in case. Disable things like speakers on the computing cube and just try to see what type of files are on the cards.

Oh, and get the brass cylinder I guess.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Look at the memory cards with Yagyu
Yagyu runs over to the door into the next section and gives it a good hard look. The fact that it is partially bowed in and still ringing with blows makes him think that yes, someone is trying to enter this section by force.  He also grabs the brass cylinder from the pile of junk. Because why not?

Join up with Yagyu, and once he explains what he's gonna do, take his weapons and then tie his shoelaces together.  Or handcuff his ankles if he doesn't have shoelaces.  Finally, stand a good distance away while facing away from him--and towards the banging.  He won't be freed until he's finished with the cube and has expressed thorough hatred for Derp, through description of bodily maiming.

If people who aren't part of our security team are seen, shoot them.  Repeatedly.  Then run in the opposite direction, because they're probably holding explosives.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Wilfred restrains Yagyu to the point that he has to operate the cube with his nose, but it does seem like it will effective in stopping any shenanigans.

[2]

Doing this with his nose is quite hard.

[5]

Ah there it is.  Each card contains a single text file, with the following

I will be waiting for you in Section A.
If you find me, I'll go peacefully.
If you die, I will never be seen again.
Good luck.

Go find the armory!
”who wants to go on an armory adventure with me?”
[12]

Look at that! Toby found an armory! Whats inside?

1.OMNITECH Concealed Antibio razor
2. Nutrient Paste x10
3.OMNITECH Foam mine  x3
4. OMNITECH Micromissile Marker
5. OMNITECH Voice manipulator
6. OMNITECH Military Grade Laser

Neat!

THE BANGING GETS LOUDER AND THE DOOR STARTS TO BUCKLE

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 10, 2020, 09:24:44 pm »

Use the sealing kit to seal the banging door shut. Failing this, shoot some foam at the attacker(s)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 11, 2020, 12:20:47 am »

I uh, would not recommend staying in the room they're breaking in at.
Aight, first figure out where they're busting in at so I don't accidentally cover my teammates in molten bakelite, if messing with the life support requires tech, grab Will or Pathos or someone who has doesn't have 1 in 4 chance of killing us all to do it.

EDIT: since my teammates have chosen to fend off a horde of potentially thousands who are being controlled by a memetohazard, just sit back and wait for them all to die I guess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:30:58 am by m1895 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 11, 2020, 01:04:36 am »

Spoiler: Toots 2.0 (click to show/hide)
Stand near the door and get ready to crack some skulls with the baton

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 11, 2020, 03:42:56 am »

Hide behind my chair with my gun ready for when the door gives way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1806 on: February 11, 2020, 05:17:39 am »

Suggestion: This is a conflict of attrition. Do not make our work harder by blocking our way. Do not diminish our resources by needlessly harming teammates.

Since my teammates want to cover the door and/or fight and/or incinerate the room, there's no point to me staying here. Make my way to the life support room and stand by to intervene if my teammates try anything stupid, like blocking our only way out of the section or killing everyone in a room before giving our teammates a chance to retreat.

EDIT: But first help with Ji's foam mine plan if I can.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:16:15 am by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 11, 2020, 11:02:08 am »

1. (If I can do this without meta-gaming) Rush to the armory and grab a foam mine.

2. Get somebody with the right skills to set up the foam mine in front of the breachway. I won’t do it myself, since I’m likely to duck up.

3. Point my rifle at the door. If the Mine is set up AND it restrained the threat, then move to subdue the hostiles. If the Mine didn’t get placed, or didn’t work, then just shoot the hostiles. Aim for limb shot and avoid headshots, but don’t be too nice if it would mean fighting less effectively.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:25:41 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:01 am »

Grab absolutely everything! Give a foam mine to someone with explosives skill, get them to set it up. Also, put on a blindfold.
”Is this even legal?”

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 14, 2020, 02:21:35 pm »

Since apparently we are fighting here instead of using the integrated defensive measures, stand back as much as I can that is still in decent cover and, as soon as the door gives in, shoot foam gun at the threats most at the front to try and pin them down so that they'll block the way for any threats behind them. If things start to go south, try to drag teammates away from the room so the people in life support can use their tricks to slow down the attackers.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 14, 2020, 06:53:55 pm »

Yeah, take up a position as far away from the door as can be taken while still being in line of sight, and when it opens just start popping heads.  Ain't no time for pity or kindness, if somebody's mind-controlled, they die.  And everyone who isn't on the team is definitely mind controlled.

Don't try to conserve ammo or anything, either.  Wilfred bought a whole lot of ammo specifically so he could mindlessly spray it into anything that even vaugely justifies gaining some new holes.  Don't stop shooting until the mag is dry, then reload and empty that one too.

...Don't let up on the psychorant, either.  Scream continually about how Wil wishes all these idiots were Derp himself, so he could finally enjoy murdering the bastard.

Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1811 on: February 16, 2020, 09:10:48 pm »

Use the sealing kit to seal the banging door shut. Failing this, shoot some foam at the attacker(s)
[3]
Tara quickly runs over to the door and proceeds to...kind of seal it? Eh it helps a bit. Still, what can you expect when its so bowed out like that?

I uh, would not recommend staying in the room they're breaking in at.
Aight, first figure out where they're busting in at so I don't accidentally cover my teammates in molten bakelite, if messing with the life support requires tech, grab Will or Pathos or someone who has doesn't have 1 in 4 chance of killing us all to do it.

EDIT: since my teammates have chosen to fend off a horde of potentially thousands who are being controlled by a memetohazard, just sit back and wait for them all to die I guess.
Anya wanders into a room and closes a door, wedging it shut with a chair. She then hides under a desk and awaits the end of the upcoming slaughter.

1. (If I can do this without meta-gaming) Rush to the armory and grab a foam mine.

2. Get somebody with the right skills to set up the foam mine in front of the breachway. I won’t do it myself, since I’m likely to duck up.

3. Point my rifle at the door. If the Mine is set up AND it restrained the threat, then move to subdue the hostiles. If the Mine didn’t get placed, or didn’t work, then just shoot the hostiles. Aim for limb shot and avoid headshots, but don’t be too nice if it would mean fighting less effectively.

Suggestion: This is a conflict of attrition. Do not make our work harder by blocking our way. Do not diminish our resources by needlessly harming teammates.

Since my teammates want to cover the door and/or fight and/or incinerate the room, there's no point to me staying here. Make my way to the life support room and stand by to intervene if my teammates try anything stupid, like blocking our only way out of the section or killing everyone in a room before giving our teammates a chance to retreat.

EDIT: But first help with Ji's foam mine plan if I can.

[2]
Pathos scurries out of hiding, takes the foam mine from Ji, and proceeds to place it very carefully in front of the door. What he forgets to do, however, is arm or activate it in any way. [1] Ji, who knows dick about bombs, actually thinks Pathos did an AMAZING job at placing the mine and repeatedly thanks the spider droid for his help.  Thus "prepared" Ji takes position near the door while Pathos heads for the life support room.

Grab absolutely everything! Give a foam mine to someone with explosives skill, get them to set it up. Also, put on a blindfold.
”Is this even legal?”
Toby hands the foam mine off to Ji before...uh...standing around in the armory with arms full of high tech weaponry. Oh and he blind folds himself as well. I see nothing wrong with this.

Yeah, take up a position as far away from the door as can be taken while still being in line of sight, and when it opens just start popping heads.  Ain't no time for pity or kindness, if somebody's mind-controlled, they die.  And everyone who isn't on the team is definitely mind controlled.

Don't try to conserve ammo or anything, either.  Wilfred bought a whole lot of ammo specifically so he could mindlessly spray it into anything that even vaugely justifies gaining some new holes.  Don't stop shooting until the mag is dry, then reload and empty that one too.

...Don't let up on the psychorant, either.  Scream continually about how Wil wishes all these idiots were Derp himself, so he could finally enjoy murdering the bastard.

Since apparently we are fighting here instead of using the integrated defensive measures, stand back as much as I can that is still in decent cover and, as soon as the door gives in, shoot foam gun at the threats most at the front to try and pin them down so that they'll block the way for any threats behind them. If things start to go south, try to drag teammates away from the room so the people in life support can use their tricks to slow down the attackers.

Hide behind my chair with my gun ready for when the door gives way.
Spoiler: Toots 2.0 (click to show/hide)
Stand near the door and get ready to crack some skulls with the baton

The banging continues unabated as the security team gathers round the door...or rather around a section of the hall with a view of the door about 100 feet back from it. Some of the...lets call them braver individuals decide to stand quite near the door and take on whatever is pounding through the solid metal with their glorified metal cudgels.  The door bulges and strains until, with one final bash, the assailant comes through. It isn't a person, but a heavily modified industrial hovercart that has clearly been modified into a sort of battering ram. Rocket engines have been crudely attached to the rear and a wedge shaped ram welded to the front, though it is now partially caved in by the force needed to bash down the door.  The ram screams down the hallway in a spray of sparks, grinding off the walls as it flies blindly forwards.
[3,4]
Burt, with surprising grace, pirouettes on his office chair, spinning out of the way of the ram and into a nearby room. Toots isn't as graceful; he dives into an office as well but straight into a desk and is immediately covered in a cascade of office detritus. The rest of the team, simply duck back into their cover and the ram flies past, eventually slamming into a far wall and then grinding its way into a corner and getting stuck, still on full burn.

Through the burst open door is another hall, just like this one. Three badly burned bodies are laying in that hall. Judging from the also badly burnt hall, they were scorched to death by the ram's rockets. Beyond them, also partially burnt but still standing, are a group of at least a half dozen other people.  As soon as the ram has breeched the door they charge forward, utterly heedless of the weapons pointed at them.

[6][2][9][24,3v2,2]

Yagyu sprays gloop at the running thralls but doesn't manage to actually stop any of them. A great deal of rounds rip down the hall at the half dozen mad combatants. Of them, two go down, injured but not dead, while the rest continue forwards inspite of new ventilation ports. Those at the far end of the hall have some distance and extra time while those closer - Toots, Burt, Tara -are immediately overrun.

[1,4v4,4] Two of the thralls leap onto Toots as he struggles to free himself from the wreckage of the desk. Through the liberal application of blind flailing and the protective nature of his armor, whatever they try to do to him proves ineffective.

[3,2v6] Burt is tackled by three more. They squirm across him, seeming trying to restrain him while also awkwardly smacking him.

[2, 2v2] Two chase after Tara and she goes running down the hall, barely escaping their gasping hands.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 16, 2020, 09:18:39 pm »

Point the foam gun backwards and shoot once, continue running

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 16, 2020, 10:25:36 pm »

Spoiler:  Toots (click to show/hide)
Keep whacking the thralls until ded

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 16, 2020, 11:59:27 pm »

"Seriously, Derp?  That was your clever plan?  Do you even have a brain, or is there just a shriveled peanut inside your skull?  Oh, guys, be careful about the dead thralls.  I bet they're carrying explosives."

Keep shooting thralls until they all stop moving.  Then run away from both their bodies and the crashed hovercraft; assume both have explosives and will explode soon.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 334