Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451830 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1845 on: March 01, 2020, 03:40:35 am »

Put one of the earpieces next to one of my auditory receptors. Since I'm passing everything through Speech To Text, I should be able to listen in safely. Hopefully that should give us some ideas about what they're planning.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1846 on: March 01, 2020, 01:21:05 pm »

Put one of the earpieces next to one of my auditory receptors. Since I'm passing everything through Speech To Text, I should be able to listen in safely. Hopefully that should give us some ideas about what they're planning.

disassemble one of the earpieces cause why not, then follow the others to R.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Anya removes one of the ear pieces and Pathos quickly snatches it from her. For her safety of course, not just because he wants it.  He then scuttles off and listens to it using the text to speech program.

"USE THE BATTERING RAM TO [Interference] HELLO THERE."

"Well I'm glad that shit wasn't poisonous."
Look for the cleanest bit of clothing on the recently dead, rip it off and cover my mouth with it, then use my chair to follow the rest of the group as they explore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Burt improvises a facemask to prevent others from becoming ill. Maybe.

"Excellent work as always, Hackerman, thank you.

Well then gentlemen, I think this sector is secured and thoroughly ransacked. Shall we move on to the next?"

"But I want to keep the gun I just got it, and I have this helmet is it enough to count as a mask?"

"Well Burt, based on what we just learned I think letting you hang on to your gun for now is reasonably safe. However, please, if you start feeling strange or sick in any way, tell us, ok? Again, both for your safety and that of our meat-based teammates!

As for the mask, maybe try to fashion yourself a mouth mask to use under your helmet from some of the clothes of these poor saps? I don't suspect that what they injected you with is contagious, but better safe than sorry."

Get those syringes from the dead, since they can't accidentally poke me and inject me with this crap, being a brobot and all.

Then try to collect one of the earpieces and observe it. DO NOT LISTEN TO IT. I guess it comes with built-in batteries and such? Does it look like it is receive-only, or could one perhaps send through it? Secondly, using the tools we have available, could we figure out on which frequency/frequency band these earplugs receive? The idea being that if we can just generate a ton of noise on those frequencies we could drown out mr. Friendly's voice, thereby making it more difficult for him to stay in control of thralls through these earpieces.

Either way: head for section R, keep scanner up to try and detect incoming shenanigans before they occur.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu collects all the syringes before anyone else does anything stupid with them, like injecting them into themselves.

[2]
Yagyu attempts to learn something about the device through observation but sadly learns nothing as he is very bad at technology. [2] He is also apparently bad at knowing things in general so...eh. Whatever. It will all probably work out fine.

Shoot all the earpieces that aren't being messed with, following the standing order to destroy any electronics that can transmit perception of Derp.  Then, take cover and hold the gun on the people messing with the earpieces.  Mutter about cloning Derp and making the clones kill and eat each other, and debate whether this counts as violence against Derp.  If either of the people messing with earpieces starts acting fucky, shoot the earpieces.  Then maybe kneecap them afterward, better safe than sorry.  And Wilfred will not be sorry for shooting teammates.

Follow the team if we start heading to the next area.  Try to catch up to whoever's in the lead, and cover them with the rifle.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
[1][4]

"Hmmm should I just walk around, carefully crushing each earpiece with the butt of my gun...or should I fire high caliber rounds in a metall hallway filled with my teammates?"

Wilfred taps his chin for a moment.

"Definitely the latter."

Wilfred proceeds to waste another magazine of ammo exploding heads and their attached earpieces with rounds from his rifle.

The team moves out, heading through the open airlock and into section R. Section R appears much the same initially, a lot of doors and halls, but they quickly discover that while the first section was mostly office space, this section appears to be research labs. There are large rooms filled with what can only be called every day detritus like tables, chairs, boxes, unconnected gasoline generators, even a full car. They've all been painted gray and numbered. There are black out rooms, divided rooms, sets of cards with simple symbols on them like triangles and stars, isolation chambers, and more traditional lab space. There are great plastic tanks of different fluids labeled with complex IUPAC Names that feed into machines that prepare single dose applicators. There are clone tubes, now ruined by neglect and filled with slowly decomposing bodies.  It seems quiet, at the moment at least, though they've only explored about 30% of the section.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 01, 2020, 01:40:09 pm »

((Would my isolation suit protect against touch? I assumed it is already equipped))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:43:04 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 01, 2020, 01:40:18 pm »

"Ok then guys and galls, now that we are in a new section, I again would first like to seal off the door to the next unsecured section, Q I believe, so that if more thralls are on their way, we can slow them down. I'm gonna need at least 1 other person with me, preferably someone not useless in a fight. Will, could you come with me at least?

Secondly, I can't seem to figure out how to determine which frequencies these earplugs are receiving on. Anya and Pathos, could you two work on that and see what you can come up with?"

Assuming at least teammate accompanies me, start going to the airlock to the next section. Go there carefully, don't just run through blindly, but as long as no obvious threats present themselves keep moving on. If we get there unmolested, then like previously weld the door shut lightly.

If not possible/nobody helps me, continue exploring this section then I guess. Or maybe take a look at that car and see if we could get it up and running.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:44:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1849 on: March 01, 2020, 01:42:59 pm »

Quote from: Message to team
Remember to carry the isolation box for Mr. Friend to the next section.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 01, 2020, 05:29:53 pm »

Fo a quick search of the lab, looking for a few things

.1 tranquilizers
.2 am isolation suit
.3 handcuffs/restraints/a straight jacket
.4 Money (also steal the car radio)

After that, be ready to move along to the next section.

Just Incase you dont see Naturegirl’s query. Would an isolation suit protect against touch, taste, and smell?

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:33:48 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 01, 2020, 10:03:52 pm »

((Would my isolation suit protect against touch? I assumed it is already equipped))
((if it does I will add it to the senses tab))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1852 on: March 02, 2020, 12:03:21 am »

((Naturegirl, the isolation suit probably does protect against touch, yes.  It should also provide more than adequate smell and taste protection as well.  You should bold the question if you want Piecewise to answer.))

"Totes, Yagyu.  The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can fill Derp with superfluous holes."  Wil pauses for a second, thinking  "I think that would be painful.  Eh, 'painful holes' works too.  Oh, and my name is spelled with one l, by the way.  It's Wilfred.  Wilfred, hater of Derp."

Accompany Yagyu to the next airlock, keeping an eye out for any hostiles.  Remember, any unallied humans we see will get shot.  Also shoot any large videoscreens or speakers that we pass, though do try to be economical.  One bullet per device is probably enough...

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1853 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:11 am »

((Thank you))
Use the scanner to view the corpses to figure out if they were poisoned.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:46:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 02, 2020, 08:42:38 am »

"Why's there a car in here?"
Go see about starting that car and seeing if there's anything in the trunk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1855 on: March 02, 2020, 06:27:33 pm »

"General Kenobi?"

Talk to the opposing general. Battle banter is fun in RTS games. Plus, if he's wasting time talking to me that means less time ordering his troops around.

EDIT: Also aid the technologically illiterate with running search queries for identifying items and finding radio frequencies, I guess.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:53:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 02, 2020, 07:34:05 pm »

yeah that sounds like a software problem Yagyu, no can do. Pathos probably can though.
Ey Pathos, can you check out this earbud? And maybe look up what's in these applicators while you're at it?

Uh Wil, first, how do you hear a double l, and secondly, why don't you bash that stuff in with your baton, instead of wasting ammo?

loot multiples of as many of the single use activators as possible, see if Pathos can identify them with his L337 H4x0r sk1ll5
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 03, 2020, 11:29:10 am »

Mmmm. Look inside everything, figure out what happened here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 03, 2020, 11:35:31 am »

Mmmm. Look inside everything, figure out what happened here.
((Even the corpses? Corpses are things too))

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 03, 2020, 03:32:07 pm »

((Nah, probably’ll just poke the outside a bit))
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 334