Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441823 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1860 on: March 03, 2020, 03:35:26 pm »

((makes sense. It is good to clarify such things))

DreamWeaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 03, 2020, 05:32:17 pm »

From the 20 pages or so I've read of this game, this looks like a lot of fun to be a part of. I'm mostly just posting my sheet right now so I can have that ready, as well as a PTW. I doubt it'd be a good idea for me to show up in the middle of what's going on right now.

Spoiler: Jacks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:42:59 pm by DreamWeaver »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 04, 2020, 03:08:23 am »

"Lady, it's these text-to-speech earplug... earphone... Pathos' ear things.  I don't know what speech synthesizer he chose to use, but it clearly pronounces 'Wil' and 'Will' differently.  Can't you tell?  Will.  Wil.  Will.  Wil.  Wil.  Will.  Weird as hell, and the Will pronunciation bugs me.  Oh, and fuck Derp.  I'll, uh... flay his nads and give them to the creepy psychokid over there, and then I'll..."

Wil trails off, muttering about further tortures to inflict upon Derp.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1863 on: March 04, 2020, 01:03:34 pm »

((Would my isolation suit protect against touch? I assumed it is already equipped))
Likely.

From the 20 pages or so I've read of this game, this looks like a lot of fun to be a part of. I'm mostly just posting my sheet right now so I can have that ready, as well as a PTW. I doubt it'd be a good idea for me to show up in the middle of what's going on right now.

You can come in now if you want. Or wait for the next mission. It wouldn't be the first time we had some new guy appear after having, apparently, just been very quiet this whole time but having definitely been here the whole time we promise.

Mmmm. Look inside everything, figure out what happened here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4]
Toby considers the objects he sees for a long hard moment. He suddenly starts screaming and running around the room with his arms flailing above his head.

"PSYCHICS! PSYCHICS! THEY'RE IN MY BRAIN THEY EAT MY THOUGHTS WE ARE NOT ALONE HELP HELP HELP!!!!"

"Why's there a car in here?"
Go see about starting that car and seeing if there's anything in the trunk.
Burt hobbles over to the car and checks it out. It has no glass in any of the windows, nothing in the trunk, an engine but apparently no charge on the internal battery. No keys in the ignition either. 

((Thank you))
Use the scanner to view the corpses to figure out if they were poisoned.
[4]
Tara checks the scanner as to the cause of death of the various corpses she finds. If they were poisoned, it was generally in addition to the various other bodily injuries they received.  That headless torso over there might have died of a variety of things, but the lack of a head clearly didn't help.

Fo a quick search of the lab, looking for a few things

.1 tranquilizers
.2 am isolation suit
.3 handcuffs/restraints/a straight jacket
.4 Money (also steal the car radio)

After that, be ready to move along to the next section.

Just Incase you dont see Naturegirl’s query. Would an isolation suit protect against touch, taste, and smell?

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

.4 money? As in 4/10ths of a money?~

[6]
Ji discovers the following.

1 bottle of high strength tranquilizers. They have a label that reads "Mommy's little helper".
2. A standard disposable anti-germ suit
3. A box of extra large zip ties
4. A giftcard for the OMNI executive cafeteria

yeah that sounds like a software problem Yagyu, no can do. Pathos probably can though.
Ey Pathos, can you check out this earbud? And maybe look up what's in these applicators while you're at it?

Uh Wil, first, how do you hear a double l, and secondly, why don't you bash that stuff in with your baton, instead of wasting ammo?

loot multiples of as many of the single use activators as possible, see if Pathos can identify them with his L337 H4x0r sk1ll5
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Single dose APPLICATORS not activators. Syringes.
"General Kenobi?"

Talk to the opposing general. Battle banter is fun in RTS games. Plus, if he's wasting time talking to me that means less time ordering his troops around.

EDIT: Also aid the technologically illiterate with running search queries for identifying items and finding radio frequencies, I guess.

[3]
Pathos says that he's pretty sure the drugs brought to him are experimental Nootropics or something of that kind.

"You are using some method to translate my speech, aren't you? Did you know that even those who cannot understand my words still know what I want?  Strange, isn't it?"

"Ok then guys and galls, now that we are in a new section, I again would first like to seal off the door to the next unsecured section, Q I believe, so that if more thralls are on their way, we can slow them down. I'm gonna need at least 1 other person with me, preferably someone not useless in a fight. Will, could you come with me at least?

Secondly, I can't seem to figure out how to determine which frequencies these earplugs are receiving on. Anya and Pathos, could you two work on that and see what you can come up with?"

Assuming at least teammate accompanies me, start going to the airlock to the next section. Go there carefully, don't just run through blindly, but as long as no obvious threats present themselves keep moving on. If we get there unmolested, then like previously weld the door shut lightly.

If not possible/nobody helps me, continue exploring this section then I guess. Or maybe take a look at that car and see if we could get it up and running.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
((Naturegirl, the isolation suit probably does protect against touch, yes.  It should also provide more than adequate smell and taste protection as well.  You should bold the question if you want Piecewise to answer.))

"Totes, Yagyu.  The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can fill Derp with superfluous holes."  Wil pauses for a second, thinking  "I think that would be painful.  Eh, 'painful holes' works too.  Oh, and my name is spelled with one l, by the way.  It's Wilfred.  Wilfred, hater of Derp."

Accompany Yagyu to the next airlock, keeping an eye out for any hostiles.  Remember, any unallied humans we see will get shot.  Also shoot any large videoscreens or speakers that we pass, though do try to be economical.  One bullet per device is probably enough...

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Yagyu and Wilfred continue on to the next door, passing occasional corpses on the way. They finally find it and to their surprise it has already been welded shut. And not lightly either, fully sealed.  An eye has been painted on it in blood, with text under it reading "SEE YOU".

The lights in the entire sector go out. The blinking red emergency lights click on a few moments later.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1864 on: March 04, 2020, 02:59:44 pm »

Tara uses the T2S earphones to tell her teammates "Do not come near me, I will slice whatever moves me"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:47:22 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 04, 2020, 03:42:05 pm »

Quickly put on the germ suit underneath my riot armor, and reactivate my touch sensors. Do the tranquilizers come with an injection system, or are they just bottles of chemicals? If they don’t, do a quick search for a dart gun, or empty syringes.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:56:50 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1866 on: March 04, 2020, 05:26:55 pm »

"I can try to blow the door up. I can try to find a server room. Or I can try to find some place that controls the power. Any preference?"

DreamWeaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:22 pm »

You can come in now if you want. Or wait for the next mission. It wouldn't be the first time we had some new guy appear after having, apparently, just been very quiet this whole time but having definitely been here the whole time we promise.
Eh. Jacks has too much bastard energy for that. I'll just wait.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 05, 2020, 12:53:32 am »

Spoiler: Tootsies roll (click to show/hide)
Make sure everything is on properly, and Hold my baton out just in case.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 05, 2020, 04:29:02 am »

"Hey anyone want some cognitive enha- БЛЯДЬ, what happened with the lights?"
go and check if I can find any documentation on which of the Nootropics will have horrible side-effects now and which ones will have horrible side-effects in a few months(In a few months time we'll be dead or execs anyway) if I happen to find any smarts drugs without side-effects, then great, hoard them but it's no big deal. While doing this keep my gun at the ready in case I need to shoot any of Derp's thralls
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:08:41 pm by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 05, 2020, 09:34:47 am »

"Oh shit the lights!"
See if there isn't a way to power the car's battery close by and see if I can hot wire it, if any Mr. Douchebag slaves come around shoot them in the face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 05, 2020, 02:20:40 pm »

Regroup with rest of team. Be very careful on our way there, use scanner to try and detect ambushes etc. before they happen. If hostiles are spotted, goop 'em!

If we make it back unmolested, grab whatever teammates aren't making themselves useful and start searching for a way to turn the power back on.

"I can try to blow the door up. I can try to find a server room. Or I can try to find some place that controls the power. Any preference?"

"Power first I'd say, we'll need that online to use any servers anyways I bet, and I'd rather keep that door shut for now until we're done with this sector."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1872 on: March 06, 2020, 01:18:22 pm »

"You are using some method to translate my speech, aren't you? Did you know that even those who cannot understand my words still know what I want?  Strange, isn't it?"
"Tell me about it! That's some grade A hax right there if I've ever seen some. But when I asked my superiors if I could use an antimagic field to stop your magic, they told me your ability isn't magic. How ridiculous is that? Am I to believe that you were just lucky enough to just happen to have the perfect memetic virus evolve around your very existence? How lucky can one man be? ... Or maybe unlucky would be more appropriate, I suppose, given your current predicament."

Continue TTS chatting with the enemy general while searching the map for a place that controls this sector's power/lights. Once found, lead the team there. There's no way I'm going there on my own and I'm not letting my squishy self lead the way. If it looks clear, try to turn the power back on. Beware of traps.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 06, 2020, 02:31:43 pm »

"I'm thinking the thrails are comng soon maybe even Mr Friend himself. That's why I am ensuring all sense blockers are working, and as sens blockers are working, I of course won't be able to use senses and risk being controlled. Slicing at a melee target while my isolation suit and flesh gloves protect against touch would very likely be more helpful than blindly shooting my foam gun and risk immobilizing teammates"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1874 on: March 08, 2020, 08:30:47 am »

"Oh noes, you see me, I'm so scurred."  Wilfred says sarcastically, before flipping off the door with his free hand.  "Fuck you, Derp.  Guys.  This is a delaying tactic.  He welded the door shut; he doesn't want us rushing through while he preps something.  The only other option is that Derp's locked us in here with something, but I doubt that one.  The dumb posturing makes me think he just wants us to be stumbling along scared, I think he'd be gloating if there were really something dangerous here.  Just going on his generally halfassed attempts at confrontation, I'm starting to think he's working on an escape plan that doesn't require dealing with us at all.  Melting a hole in the wall or something.  And I still want to extract his brain with a spoon.  A rusty spoon."

Fuck it, leave Yagyu to fend for himself and go head to the central server room.  Jog there, keeping the gun at a low ready.  Standing order to shoot any non-security humans, or electronics capable of transmitting perception of Derp.

"Oh yeah.  Tara.  You're useless if you're blind, and he's not brave enough to face us yet.  And stop calling him that, that's the name his fucking thralls use.  You're not a thrall yet, so call him anything else.  That way, when you switch back to the thrall name we know to shoot you."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 334