Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452361 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1875 on: March 08, 2020, 10:49:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tara takes off the blindfold and follows Wil
”interesting, because that was the name our boss used to refer to him. How about Mr Controller?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1876 on: March 08, 2020, 01:18:04 pm »

Quickly put on the germ suit underneath my riot armor, and reactivate my touch sensors. Do the tranquilizers come with an injection system, or are they just bottles of chemicals? If they don’t, do a quick search for a dart gun, or empty syringes.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji [3] Gets the armor off, puts the germ suit on, attempts to put the armor back on in a rush, puts both legs into one leg hole and falls over.

The tranquilizers are just a bottle of blue pills. Purple pills? The light is red right now so its hard for Ji to tell.

Spoiler: Tootsies roll (click to show/hide)
Make sure everything is on properly, and Hold my baton out just in case.
Gabe checks the lights. They are not on properly. Socks are on...inside out. Underwear is on...backwards.  To be honest, I'm not sure what he means by "Everything on properly". I'm just gonna assume its fine.

He holds his baton out in front of him like a protective phallus, swinging it about nervously.

"Oh shit the lights!"
See if there isn't a way to power the car's battery close by and see if I can hot wire it, if any Mr. Douchebag slaves come around shoot them in the face.
The gas powered electric generator does actually have gas inside it, so Burt hooks it up to the battery and waits for it to very noisily charge.

"You are using some method to translate my speech, aren't you? Did you know that even those who cannot understand my words still know what I want?  Strange, isn't it?"
"Tell me about it! That's some grade A hax right there if I've ever seen some. But when I asked my superiors if I could use an antimagic field to stop your magic, they told me your ability isn't magic. How ridiculous is that? Am I to believe that you were just lucky enough to just happen to have the perfect memetic virus evolve around your very existence? How lucky can one man be? ... Or maybe unlucky would be more appropriate, I suppose, given your current predicament."

Continue TTS chatting with the enemy general while searching the map for a place that controls this sector's power/lights. Once found, lead the team there. There's no way I'm going there on my own and I'm not letting my squishy self lead the way. If it looks clear, try to turn the power back on. Beware of traps.

"They have no idea what makes me special. They were always too interested in stealing my power to even comprehend what it is. Could anything be more ironic? Maybe someone like you will be able to figure it out?"

"Hey anyone want some cognitive enha- БЛЯДЬ, what happened with the lights?"
go and check if I can find any documentation on which of the Nootropics will have horrible side-effects now and which ones will have horrible side-effects in a few months(In a few months time we'll be dead or execs anyway) if I happen to find any smarts drugs without side-effects, then great, hoard them but it's no big deal. While doing this keep my gun at the ready in case I need to shoot any of Derp's thralls
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
[2]
Anya attempts to figure out if any of these drugs she's stolen are useful, effective, and won't cause massive internal hemorrhaging. Sadly her attempts prove fruitless and she discovers nothing new about any of them.  Somewhere in the distance she hears a voice whisper "INJECT INTO YOURSELF!"

Regroup with rest of team. Be very careful on our way there, use scanner to try and detect ambushes etc. before they happen. If hostiles are spotted, goop 'em!

If we make it back unmolested, grab whatever teammates aren't making themselves useful and start searching for a way to turn the power back on.

"I can try to blow the door up. I can try to find a server room. Or I can try to find some place that controls the power. Any preference?"

"Power first I'd say, we'll need that online to use any servers anyways I bet, and I'd rather keep that door shut for now until we're done with this sector."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"You are using some method to translate my speech, aren't you? Did you know that even those who cannot understand my words still know what I want?  Strange, isn't it?"
"Tell me about it! That's some grade A hax right there if I've ever seen some. But when I asked my superiors if I could use an antimagic field to stop your magic, they told me your ability isn't magic. How ridiculous is that? Am I to believe that you were just lucky enough to just happen to have the perfect memetic virus evolve around your very existence? How lucky can one man be? ... Or maybe unlucky would be more appropriate, I suppose, given your current predicament."

Continue TTS chatting with the enemy general while searching the map for a place that controls this sector's power/lights. Once found, lead the team there. There's no way I'm going there on my own and I'm not letting my squishy self lead the way. If it looks clear, try to turn the power back on. Beware of traps.

Tara takes off the blindfold and follows Wil
”interesting, because that was the name our boss used to refer to him. How about Mr Controller?
"Oh noes, you see me, I'm so scurred."  Wilfred says sarcastically, before flipping off the door with his free hand.  "Fuck you, Derp.  Guys.  This is a delaying tactic.  He welded the door shut; he doesn't want us rushing through while he preps something.  The only other option is that Derp's locked us in here with something, but I doubt that one.  The dumb posturing makes me think he just wants us to be stumbling along scared, I think he'd be gloating if there were really something dangerous here.  Just going on his generally halfassed attempts at confrontation, I'm starting to think he's working on an escape plan that doesn't require dealing with us at all.  Melting a hole in the wall or something.  And I still want to extract his brain with a spoon.  A rusty spoon."

Fuck it, leave Yagyu to fend for himself and go head to the central server room.  Jog there, keeping the gun at a low ready.  Standing order to shoot any non-security humans, or electronics capable of transmitting perception of Derp.

"Oh yeah.  Tara.  You're useless if you're blind, and he's not brave enough to face us yet.  And stop calling him that, that's the name his fucking thralls use.  You're not a thrall yet, so call him anything else.  That way, when you switch back to the thrall name we know to shoot you."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Yagyu, Pathos, Wilfred, and Tara, driven by their common desire to get the lights back on and prevent whatever is about to happen, try to find a location that will let them get the lights back on.  Pathos leads...well he points where to go and lets the bigger boys go out in front of him...the group to a sealed door which, according to his map, contains the main power controls for the entire section. As Yagyu starts cutting into the door to get it open, something happens.
[1,5,6,1] [1,1] [5,2 v5]

A large metal table or desk spins around the corner, hovering in mid air, and then hurls itself down the hall in a way that seems physically impossibe. Pathos and Tara scramble away, but it collides directly with both Yagyu and Wilfred. Wilfred's armor saves him as the thing changs off his helmet and breastplate, but it collides  far more solidly with Yagyu and sends him sprawing with a bloody head wound and what looks like a dislocated shoulder.  A moment later a chair comes  flying round the corner and also hurls itself down the hall, clanging off the walls as he security team presses themselves against the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 08, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »

”Has Mr Controller found someone with telekinesis?”

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 08, 2020, 01:40:28 pm »

Finish putting on my armor, then stick with the team.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 08, 2020, 02:14:04 pm »

Carefully make my way around the corner, being careful and dodging whatever it thrown. Shoot my foam gun at whatever is throwing things, if this thing is invisible, shoot at the air near something as it is being lifted, aiming for the air around it. Invisible things can still be hit. Of course if the thrower is visible, shoot them
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:48:03 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 08, 2020, 05:39:49 pm »

Abut it collides  far more solidly with Yagyu and sends him sprawing with a bloody head wound and what looks like a dislocated shoulder.

Does that mean I suddenly turned into a real boy again? Oh joy of joys!

... Anyways, get into cover! If I know of a way to get to that corridor via another way, try to sneak over there and have a peak to see who or what is throwing furniture at us. Goop it if it can be gooped, if not just relay the info back to the team and stay in cover.

If not, stay in cover for now and wait. If no more attacks are forthcoming, continue working on the door.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 09, 2020, 03:33:19 am »

Now that the battery's charging lets try and hot wire it, also use the car for cover from flying furniture.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 09, 2020, 04:27:14 am »

"nononononono BURT THERE'S SOMEONE NEAR ME!"
very quickly run to Burt and help him hotwire the car. be prepared to shoot whoever made that noise
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 09, 2020, 04:52:10 pm »

I don't know where I am
I don't know what I'm doing
But I know
I have to make things weird

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:16:52 pm by Pancaek »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 09, 2020, 05:02:10 pm »

“Blinks with one eye at a time” so winks? Ok. Would you like to spawn with the group? If so

Tara looks back at the team before going through the hallway and notices someone else she hasn’t seen before now
who sent you here, newbie? I hope you aren’t a thrail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 09, 2020, 05:14:57 pm »

((more like instead of both at the same time, one eye blinks first and then immediatly after the other does. Like synchronized swimming, only with your eyes.))

"Hi, uh, yeah, I...woke up here? I'm not entirely sure what happened between my job interview and now. Is that weird? It feels weird."
He scratches his head, looking around.
"Sooo...what are you doing here?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 09, 2020, 07:30:30 pm »

”we are hunting for a ‘human’ who can control whoever perceived him. His thrails call him Mr. Friend, as does our boss, the team insists on a different name to indicate that we are not thrails, so I am calling him Mr. Controller, due to the fact he can control people. Would you like to follow me to stop whoever is throwing chairs and tables?”

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 09, 2020, 08:42:53 pm »

Spoiler: I'm still alive! (click to show/hide)
I don't really know my location to the others so, I'll just wait

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 09, 2020, 08:56:10 pm »

”By the way, I’m Tara, what is your name, Newbie?”

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1889 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:28 am »

"BRB, dealing with IKEA-geist."
It's only polite to let the opposing general I'm not talking because I'm AFK and that I'm not being intentionally impolite.

Switch vision to full FPS. Run to the source of the furniture, relay what I find to teammates. Use motion sensor to help with detection and dodging.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 334