Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452312 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1890 on: March 10, 2020, 10:42:40 am »

”By the way, I’m Tara, what is your name, Newbie?”
"Control who percieves him, huh? Like, sight only? Or does just hearing him work? What about recordings? Can he..can he enthrall people through their dreams?"
He scratches his head with the barrel of his standard issue pistol
"Oh, nice to meet you. You can call me Richter."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 10, 2020, 10:46:54 am »

”By the way, I’m Tara, what is your name, Newbie?”
"Control who percieves him, huh? Like, sight only? Or does just hearing him work? What about recordings? Can he..can he enthrall people through their dreams?"
He scratches his head with the barrel of his standard issue pistol
"Oh, nice to meet you. You can call me Richter."
nice meeting you, Richter. It wasn’t clear whether he can do so through dreams, but seeing, hearing, touching smelling and tasting are senses, and so any of or combinations of will work. Recordings would also work as well, that’s why lots of us have various implements to block senses which I have started to call sense shields

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:38 am »

"Oh shit, this dude can enthrall people through his farts? Oh jeez, oh no."
He looks down at himself, wearing only the standard jumpsuit as protection.
"I, uh, think I might be a bit underequipped for this."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 10, 2020, 10:58:06 am »

"Oh shit, this dude can enthrall people through his farts? Oh jeez, oh no."
He looks down at himself, wearing only the standard jumpsuit as protection.
"I, uh, think I might be a bit underequipped for this."
I killed some thrails in an earlier room, if you are comfortable with it, we could skin one for an extra layer against touch, I;m wearing the arms of one of them in addition to my isolation suit. You can never be too protected. Of course this can be done after the flying furniture is dealt with. Did you know there are parasites that take control of their hosts?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:22:23 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 10, 2020, 11:54:31 am »

Did you know there are parasites that take control of their hosts?
"Like, in general? Or in here with us specifically?
I gotta say, making skinsuits sounds a bit serial muderer-y. I'm not saying no, mind you, just thought I'd throw that in the group."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 10, 2020, 01:09:15 pm »

there isn’t such a thing here, unless Mr Controller brought one. Ok. Will you come with me round the corner to flush out the flying furniture?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:19 pm »

"Oh, sure. You want me to" he strikes a pose, holding his pistol out sideways "pop pop some bitch-ass furniture, gangsta style? Or do you have some other plan?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 10, 2020, 02:18:25 pm »

"Oh, sure. You want me to" he strikes a pose, holding his pistol out sideways "pop pop some bitch-ass furniture, gangsta style? Or do you have some other plan?"
the furniture is likely thrown by something, whether it be a person or machine, we have yet to find out. We need to dodge the furniture and stop whoevermor whatever is throwing the furniture

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 10, 2020, 02:33:40 pm »

"Allright, stop whatever is throwing the stuff, gotcha. I'm right behind you."

Let my senpai enter the room first. Once shit starts getting thrown at her, pop around the corner, locate what is throwing said shit, and pop it gangsta style with my pistol.
Also attempt to dodge objects if they are thrown at me.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1899 on: March 11, 2020, 11:39:22 am »

Abut it collides  far more solidly with Yagyu and sends him sprawing with a bloody head wound and what looks like a dislocated shoulder.

Does that mean I suddenly turned into a real boy again? Oh joy of joys!

... Anyways, get into cover! If I know of a way to get to that corridor via another way, try to sneak over there and have a peak to see who or what is throwing furniture at us. Goop it if it can be gooped, if not just relay the info back to the team and stay in cover.

If not, stay in cover for now and wait. If no more attacks are forthcoming, continue working on the door.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Does that mean I suddenly turned into a real boy again?
Physical Description: Slightly smaller than average, tanned, sideburns.
You tell me~

Despite a partially caved in metal head and malfunctioning  arm, Yagyu crawls away from the furniture fusillade and attempts to find his way back around, to get behind whatever is pelting them.
[4]
He gets about halfway there, instead coming out of a hallway somewhere between the one he was in and where their attacker currently is. He peeks his head out to try and get a look at the thing.  Its difficult to see in the blinking red light, but he can make out the shape of a man half laying on the ground, thin arms propping up his upper body. His head is both deformed and modified, strange bone horns curve upwards in chaotic spirals with what look like branching metal antennas clustered between them. The back half of his head is completely covered in a metal skullcap which extends down his back and follows his spine, smaller antennas sprouting from it like weeds through a sidewalk crack.  His head is lulling about randomly and you can hear his labored, wheezing, apparently mechanically augmented breathing. As you watch, another table drifts put of a side room and past him. It stops in mid air, begins to spin at an increasingly rapid rate, and then shoots off down the hall.

[8][8v8][3]

Yagyu pushes the tip of his foam sprayer around the corner and opens fire at full power.  The goo flies down the hall and...stops mere inches away from the psychic assailant, slamming into an invisible barrier.  Despite this, it still expands rapidly and blocks off most of the hall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carefully make my way around the corner, being careful and dodging whatever it thrown. Shoot my foam gun at whatever is throwing things, if this thing is invisible, shoot at the air near something as it is being lifted, aiming for the air around it. Invisible things can still be hit. Of course if the thrower is visible, shoot them
[1]
Tara, peeks around the corner and sees, maybe 40 feet away, the fight between Yagyu and the psychic. She attempts to draw and fire in one smooth motion but accidentally sprays foam all over her own feet and sticks herself to the floor.

"BRB, dealing with IKEA-geist."
It's only polite to let the opposing general I'm not talking because I'm AFK and that I'm not being intentionally impolite.

Switch vision to full FPS. Run to the source of the furniture, relay what I find to teammates. Use motion sensor to help with detection and dodging.

Pathos crawls onto  Tara's head and gets video of the psychic and Yagyu's current tussle. He then broadcasts that video- and his current location- out to all the other various teammates who have wandered off around the complex.

"Allright, stop whatever is throwing the stuff, gotcha. I'm right behind you."

Let my senpai enter the room first. Once shit starts getting thrown at her, pop around the corner, locate what is throwing said shit, and pop it gangsta style with my pistol.
Also attempt to dodge objects if they are thrown at me.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Richter, who was OBVIOUSLY here the entire time, uses Tara's body as a shield and attempts to snipe the distant enemy with his pistol.
[4][4v3][4]
He fires three shots down the hall, each carefully aimed. The first two don't seem to do anything, but the last one results in the clang of metal and a filing cabinet that was flying down the hall suddenly drops to the ground and bounces to a stop under its own power.

A moment later what looks like a beaten up gray sedan screams around the corner behind the team and starts careening down the hall towards them and the psychic.

Finish putting on my armor, then stick with the team.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Now that the battery's charging lets try and hot wire it, also use the car for cover from flying furniture.
"nononononono BURT THERE'S SOMEONE NEAR ME!"
very quickly run to Burt and help him hotwire the car. be prepared to shoot whoever made that noise
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: I'm still alive! (click to show/hide)
I don't really know my location to the others so, I'll just wait
[2][12][
Ji (now in armor),  Burt,  Anya, and Gabe all manage to find each other in the same room; the testing room with all its gray objects, including the car.  For safety they all pile into the car and use it as cover from any attacks that might come at them...though none are at the moment.  With the Generator providing power, Burt -in the driver seat- attempts to hotwire the car, but fails. Anya, in the passenger seat, shakes her head at his flailing and proceeds to hotwire it for him. A little too well as it turns out.  The car not only starts up but starts peeling rubber  immediately, the acceleration apparently locked  to max. [4] Burt pulls the car into a fishtail and then straight out the door of the room, scraping walls and barely managing to make the turns while Gabe and Ji in the back seat scream at him to slow down. 

It is about this time that Pathos sends out the signal of where the rest of the team is and what they're fighting.  In hindsight Burt might, if he survives, claim that he drove towards that marker to help the team or to try and get aid from them. The truth is that in his panicked state he was working entirely on instinct and didn't even realize he was driving towards the rest of the team until the car rounded a corner on two wheels. It pulls through a grinding skid and then shoots off down the hall, straight towards the psychic, the wall of foam, and anyone sticking their heads out into the hall. Its about 150 feet away now, still further from the psychic than any of the team on foot, but quickly closing the distance.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:42:55 am by piecewise »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1900 on: March 11, 2020, 01:40:29 pm »

glad I survived that. Boldly go help stop the psychic
”OH MY GOD THE PSYCHICS!!! wait, no one can hear me.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 11, 2020, 03:58:45 pm »

Attempt to break free of the foam, carefully cut with my knife if need be and don’t cut myself in the process. If this works, get out of the way of the car so it doesn’t hit me. If I can’t get out of the foam, shoot the car’s wheels to ensure it doesn’t run me over
it seems I am stuck. I will attempt escape, failing this, I will stop the car before it kills us. Are those in the car teammates?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 11, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »

Brace for impact.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 11, 2020, 10:38:50 pm »

Spoiler: Gabe, about to die. (click to show/hide)
Can I get out of the car? If yes, then get out of the car. If yes but risky, then stay in car and brace for impact. Same for no.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 12, 2020, 12:47:50 am »

"Gah... fuck, my fucking head, fuck... fuck you, Derp, I'll fucking fuck your fuck until you can't--FUCK.  Argh!  Why do I hear an engine, we're in the middle of a--oh, FUCK!"

Are there any convenient doors or alcoves in this long corridor, which could be used as cover to dodge the incoming vehicle?  If so, slip into one to avoid being splattered.  If not, solve this problem the same way Wilfred solves all his problems: go prone in the center of the hallway and shoot the car.  If it fails to stop, lay down reaaal flat in hopes that it just drives over him without any low hanging bits giving him an emergency lobotomy.

EDIT: Despite Wilfred IC not having any reason to not shoot the car, since he shoots everything anyway and it actually looks exactly like a trap set up by Derp, don't shoot the car if it stops on its own.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 334