Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452606 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Not good for the Insurance
« Reply #1920 on: March 16, 2020, 07:44:55 am »

"Dammit, should have just slammed the car into that psychic asshole!"

So it seems he is still capable of attacking us despite not being able to see us, right? Meaning he has extrasensory perception as well?

Based on my knowledge of the area, would it be possible to get to a place that is near our assailant but not inside the hallway itself? Like into a room that is besides his location? The idea being that we could plant explosives there to maybe surprise him and overwhelm his defenses (assuming he can't just feel that coming, I guess). If yes, go there with Pathos and let's bomb this sucker!

If I can still do an actual physical action, then wait for a little bit to see if more psychic shenanigans are forthcoming. If not, go help those people out of their predicament, cutting them free with the torch if needed.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:12:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1921 on: March 16, 2020, 10:28:33 am »

Since I caught a glimpse of that guy, that should be enough to tag him, right? Provide directions to Yagyu and the rest of the team using the Limited Omniscience and the map. If place for putting the bomb is found, plant the bomb, move a safe distance away and detonate. Unless someone else kills him first.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:27:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1922 on: March 16, 2020, 03:24:27 pm »

"FUCK YOU!"

Run screaming at the fucking psychic fucker, shooting as many bullets at him as reasonable controllable possible.  Don't open fire until he's at least like, targetable, though.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 16, 2020, 04:37:01 pm »

Wack. Pull people out of the car gently. Help them, or something.
”That was pretty metal. And horrifying, but I’m used to that by now.”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 17, 2020, 11:37:51 am »

"Oh geez, that was pretty groovy. Hell of a first workday."

Help out with getting the wounded out of the car and/or treated where I can.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1925 on: March 17, 2020, 03:29:39 pm »

If it looks like the car won’t fall on it, attempt to retrieve my foam gun otherwise, try to make my way towards the psychic without getting found, and stab it in the antennae, if I can’t get to the psychic, throw my knife at the antennae, hopefully damaging them or cutting them off thinking better of attacking the pshychic, as the foam wall was still there, regardless of whether or not the foam gun is recieved, attempt to help people out of the car
Spoiler: Gabe toots (click to show/hide)
Pull out who ever seems to need the most amount of medical attention out of the car. If still have time, keep pulling out people safely
Go dormant, shutting down all sensors. I’ll just wait until the mission is over and somebody can retrieve the remains of my robot body.
”Leave me. As long as the car doesn’t explode, I’ll be fine. Take the tranquilizers, and the restraints from my stuff, if it’s still intact, and use it if you get the chance. I’m going dormant until they can pull me out.”
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Try to move my seat around or anything else I can do to try to get out of the car.
(oh dear, our best medic is Tara at d6.)
I can't really do much of anything, so uh, dream of kicking that psychic fucker in the balls I guess.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Wack. Pull people out of the car gently. Help them, or something.
”That was pretty metal. And horrifying, but I’m used to that by now.”
"Oh geez, that was pretty groovy. Hell of a first workday."

Help out with getting the wounded out of the car and/or treated where I can.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[5][6][2][4][3]
Richter, Toby, and Gabe all work to free the injured from the car, prying and bashing the crushed metal until they can yank the broken bodies free of it. They carry the bodies to Tara (she picked her goop gun up successfully) who is sheltering in a nearby room, hopefully out of the line of fire. They Stick Ji off to the side since she's in no immediate danger and Tara begins work on the other two. Burt is still in and out, though feeling the pain a lot more now. Both his legs look badly broken and his left arm is limp and barely responsive. Anya is still out, muttering something about kicking a psychic in the teeth between grunts of pain. She's got a chunk of dashboard embedded in her chest and her right leg was sheared off just below the knee.  Tara gets to work, stopping the bleeding first and doing her best to stabilize both of them.  She manages to keep them stable, but can't do much to improve their situation. She tells Richter, Toby, and Gabe that in order to really help them, she needs more supplies. Not just standard medical stuff either; mechanical limbs or cloned parts. There should be some around nearby, since they were doing cloning here.

Since I caught a glimpse of that guy, that should be enough to tag him, right? Provide directions to Yagyu and the rest of the team using the Limited Omniscience and the map. If place for putting the bomb is found, plant the bomb, move a safe distance away and detonate. Unless someone else kills him first.

[10]
Pathos manages to tag the psychic and put his location up on the group map.

"Dammit, should have just slammed the car into that psychic asshole!"

So it seems he is still capable of attacking us despite not being able to see us, right? Meaning he has extrasensory perception as well?

Based on my knowledge of the area, would it be possible to get to a place that is near our assailant but not inside the hallway itself? Like into a room that is besides his location? The idea being that we could plant explosives there to maybe surprise him and overwhelm his defenses (assuming he can't just feel that coming, I guess). If yes, go there with Pathos and let's bomb this sucker!

If I can still do an actual physical action, then wait for a little bit to see if more psychic shenanigans are forthcoming. If not, go help those people out of their predicament, cutting them free with the torch if needed.

[3][5]
Yagyu, using the marker on the map, sneaks off with Pathos and moves around to the side, passing into a supply closet and moving to the far wall. Spiderbot sets a mining explosive against that wall, making sure the force of it is focused towards the Psychic on the other side. Once everything is set they backtrack a good 30 or so feet and activate the charge.

[13v9]
"FUCK YOU!"

Run screaming at the fucking psychic fucker, shooting as many bullets at him as reasonable controllable possible.  Don't open fire until he's at least like, targetable, though.

Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
[4][2v1][6]
Wilfred, back in the hall, shields his face as the wall of hardened goo explodes.  He doesn't wait for the smoke to clear and instead opens fire immediately, spraying rounds down the hall.  He pauses a moment after running out of breath on his initial scream and waits. The smoke clears and the psychic appears to be dead. It is laying face down on the floor, bloody and mangled.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 17, 2020, 03:35:11 pm »

Search for cloned parts and attach them appropriately, if there aren’t enough cloned parts, look for mechanical parts to finish the repairs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 17, 2020, 04:17:22 pm »

"Hell yeah, we got him! Thanks for the assist Pathos, we sure showed him what-for!"

High-five robobro. Then take a look to confirm the psychic really is dead. If not, use Elen's sidearm to finish the job.

Either way, see if there is anything worthwhile in the remains. Try to collect whatever pieces seemed to be responsible for his psychic powers at least, assuming they were implant based on not straight up magic worms.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:23:10 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 17, 2020, 04:24:22 pm »

"Hell yeah, we got him! Thanks for the assist Pathos, we sure showed him what-for!"

High-five robobro. Then take a look to confirm the psychic really is dead. If not, use Elen's sidearm to finish the job.

Either way, see if there is anything worthwhile in the remains. Try to collect whatever pieces seemed to be responsible for his psychic powers at least, assuming they were implant based on not straight up magic worms.

((if they are magic worms, collect them, too, experiments on them could still prove useful. This is OOC because Tara doesn’t know what you found))

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 17, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »

Oh good, they got the psychic. Go acquire limbs and organs.
”Oh, you got em. Good!”

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1930 on: March 18, 2020, 04:34:05 am »

"God.  Derp, you--dumb, stupid, bastard, I... gah.  Urgh.  I'm going to kill you.  Painfully."

Move up and check on the corpse with the others.  Add some more bullets if there's any question.  Then head to the sector control room and judge how functional it is.  First priority is isolating the sector, ASAP.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 18, 2020, 06:02:00 am »

Babel incoherently about how much pain I'm in and how I hate Mr. Douchebag.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1932 on: March 18, 2020, 11:10:14 am »

Hey various players and lurkers, we're having a movie night over on my discord this saturday. Movies, cartoons, etc will be streaming for most of the day, so feel free to come hang out. Just bear in mind that apparently streaming only functions via the Discord application OR chrome; we've had people on other browsers unable to see it.  If you have suggestions for stuff you want to watch, feel free to leave them so I can set it up. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1933 on: March 18, 2020, 05:39:16 pm »

"No longer AFK. Sorry about that. Too bad you turned the power off, you missed a funny bit. Some of those guys managed to find a car, got it working and crashed it. What's the deal with that, anyway? They had you driving around to see if people would be attracted to the car you're in? Or did they have you advertising their blandest products?"

Continue chatting with the enemy general.

Remind the mechanics that we have a door that needs opening and lights that need turning on. If none of them fixes the problem, try to do so myself.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2020, 05:43:34 pm »

To Pathos: Sorry for the interruption, some teammates need healing, we will deal with the things you mentioned thatI am not saying since I don’t need anyone else hearing this, I need to concentrate on healing people and machines right now. The psychic has been neutralized
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 334