Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449906 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Not good for the Insurance
« Reply #1935 on: March 20, 2020, 09:56:21 am »

Try to teleconnect to a Roomba or something.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 20, 2020, 12:24:49 pm »

Try and help looking for cloned parts and other useful medical supplies. Also keep an eye out for stray occult stuff or implants. But most importantly, don't get in the way of the people who actually know what they're doing and don't go wander off alone.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1937 on: March 20, 2020, 12:27:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Search for cloned parts and attach them appropriately, if there aren’t enough cloned parts, look for mechanical parts to finish the repairs
Babel incoherently about how much pain I'm in and how I hate Mr. Douchebag.
Oh good, they got the psychic. Go acquire limbs and organs.
”Oh, you got em. Good!”
[5][6][8]
Burt and Toby run about, heading straight towards the cloning tubes they saw earlier. They come back a few minutes later and help Tara transport the injured over to a medical theater they found.  With the surgical systems within, and using some of the still fresh clones as organ donors, Tara manages to repair both of the injured. Repair is perhaps the best word, because instead of setting and casting broken bones, she simply lops of the entire limb and replaces it with the clone limb. Anya gets an entirely new lung and heart on top of the leg she's missing and Burt effectively gets replaced from the waist down and loses an arm as well.  They end up looking a little odd: the clones are heavily muscled, quite pale, and pretty tall, so the new limbs don't quite fit with either of them. However, some bioglue and an infusion of growth factors and tumor derived anti-rejection agents later, they are perfectly functional.

Both Burt and Anya wake up a bit later.

"Hell yeah, we got him! Thanks for the assist Pathos, we sure showed him what-for!"

High-five robobro. Then take a look to confirm the psychic really is dead. If not, use Elen's sidearm to finish the job.

Either way, see if there is anything worthwhile in the remains. Try to collect whatever pieces seemed to be responsible for his psychic powers at least, assuming they were implant based on not straight up magic worms.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"God.  Derp, you--dumb, stupid, bastard, I... gah.  Urgh.  I'm going to kill you.  Painfully."

Move up and check on the corpse with the others.  Add some more bullets if there's any question.  Then head to the sector control room and judge how functional it is.  First priority is isolating the sector, ASAP.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Yagyu and Wilfred move up slowly and, after performing the universal test to see if an enemy is still alive -kicking it a bit and jumping backwards, just in case- give it a closer look.  It looks like it was originally one of the generic clones, but has been extremely heavily modified. Up close its easy to see that its brain seems to have swollen and spread, its spine replaced with more brain tissue straight down to the pelvis. The skin is purple, wrinkled in a sulcus pattern, bulging from the brain beneath. The skull's horns appear to be sprouting from the frontal and temporal lobes  and likely contain more expansions of neural tissue. On top of this, some form of mechanical enhancement traces the spine. What it does...is hard to say without cutting it apart and examining it. Regardless, making this psychic seems to have been a complex combination of genetic and mechanical modification; not the sort of thing they could put on themselves. This thing was made from scratch to be like this.

Try to teleconnect to a Roomba or something.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[1]
Ji turns her wifi off and deletes the password.

"No longer AFK. Sorry about that. Too bad you turned the power off, you missed a funny bit. Some of those guys managed to find a car, got it working and crashed it. What's the deal with that, anyway? They had you driving around to see if people would be attracted to the car you're in? Or did they have you advertising their blandest products?"

Continue chatting with the enemy general.

Remind the mechanics that we have a door that needs opening and lights that need turning on. If none of them fixes the problem, try to do so myself.

"Much as I regret to say it, this place was not entirely focused upon me. I think you've met one of their other projects. Pitiful aren't they? A will great enough to bend the laws of reality yet no soul with which to exercise it."

Pathos and Wilfred return to the door that, before this all went down, they were trying to open. With some Help from Yagyu they finally cut it open and find the control room, and a single dead man within.

[9] Pathos gets the backup power on and makes sure this section is isolated from the others, locking every exit down for the moment.

Try and help looking for cloned parts and other useful medical supplies. Also keep an eye out for stray occult stuff or implants. But most importantly, don't get in the way of the people who actually know what they're doing and don't go wander off alone.

SLOW POKE!

[2]

Richter looks for something interesting to stick into his body, so to speak, but sadly finds nothing nearby. Its too bad because this definitely seems like the sort of place for it, all things considered.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 21, 2020, 12:25:50 am »

"I don't think there are anymore surprises in this section"
first grab my drugs from the car, then head to the exit to Q and wait for the others
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 21, 2020, 12:33:46 am »

I’m right behind you
Follow Anya to the Q entrance

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1940 on: March 21, 2020, 03:05:11 am »

"Ugh.  I want this to just be over with already.  Careful with the corpse, Spidey.  Might be another booby trap set by the rat bastard.  Fuck Derp, flay him alive, jam a grenade in his mouth..."

Go collect Ji, then head to Q.  If Q is opened, clear from the front, maintaining the SOP of shooting any people or electronic screens or whatever.  If Q isn't opened, hack into Ji to fix her wifi, and see if she can't be linked to some small robot.  Preferably something that could be left on Wilfred's shoulder--a robot camera assistant would be super helpful right now...

Also, make sure to grab the shock controllers from her.  Her sheet lists Toots' only, but she should also have Wilfred's.  Take Toots' and anyone else's controllers to Pathos before heading to Q.  Wilfred can be compromised, so he doesn't want to keep shockers for other allies.

Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 21, 2020, 07:22:18 am »

Examine my new limbs and see how they feel, then go see if the car still works and can be driven, if it can't go find everyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:01 pm »

Follow people that are going to Q entrance. This time bring out the gun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 21, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »

Check that dead guy in the control room to see if he has anything on him. First give it a scan, if any evidence of possible grenade trap is evident (eg. things like a weird position of the body) then leave the body alone.

Either way, finish exploring this section, see if there's anything around that could help us with our mission. EDIT: such as parts to repair Ji or myself, or parts to build that jammer I described earlier to disturb Friendly's connection to his thralls via earpiece.

If nothing comes up, go to section Q with the others. Before I unlock the door, try to give it a quick once-over with the scanner to try and detect possible traps. Should nothing come up, unlock it.

Also, question: could I take one of these clone bodies and use it after the mission to have my mind placed in it, thereby becoming fleshy again?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:04:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1944 on: March 22, 2020, 02:05:33 pm »

"You got that right. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Anyway, if I may ask, what's the plan when you're out of here? What are you gonna do for fun? Find some hut in the middle of nowhere? Form a sex cult? Take over the world?"

Keep talking. That guy is fun to talk to. Plus, it helps to know his motivations, I can use it to better understand his way of thinking. I know he doesn't care too much about the lives of the people in this lab and is probably a psychopath, but maybe he cares about other things.

For Yagyu's search, suggest he look for robotic parts that could be used to repair Ji.

Also scan the door with the motion sensor, just in case.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 22, 2020, 02:34:21 pm »

Search the section I'm in again for implants or occult stuff, so that I can be useful to the team maybe. Or even something else that seems useful and/or expensive. Magpie it up, basically.

Regardless wether I find anything go to section Q with the others, but hang back and let the people who know what they're doing make the first moves.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:16 am »

Onward and yonward! First, take a look at the psychic. What valuable implants or whatever does he have? How does he have the psychicness? Also loot the place real good.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1947 on: March 24, 2020, 01:34:13 pm »

Onward and yonward! First, take a look at the psychic. What valuable implants or whatever does he have? How does he have the psychicness? Also loot the place real good.
See last post
Quote from: Last post
Yagyu and Wilfred move up slowly and, after performing the universal test to see if an enemy is still alive -kicking it a bit and jumping backwards, just in case- give it a closer look.  It looks like it was originally one of the generic clones, but has been extremely heavily modified. Up close its easy to see that its brain seems to have swollen and spread, its spine replaced with more brain tissue straight down to the pelvis. The skin is purple, wrinkled in a sulcus pattern, bulging from the brain beneath. The skull's horns appear to be sprouting from the frontal and temporal lobes  and likely contain more expansions of neural tissue. On top of this, some form of mechanical enhancement traces the spine. What it does...is hard to say without cutting it apart and examining it. Regardless, making this psychic seems to have been a complex combination of genetic and mechanical modification; not the sort of thing they could put on themselves. This thing was made from scratch to be like this.
Ie even if you dug stuff out, it wouldn't help you be psychic and would be useless to basically anyone else.

Search the section I'm in again for implants or occult stuff, so that I can be useful to the team maybe. Or even something else that seems useful and/or expensive. Magpie it up, basically.

Regardless wether I find anything go to section Q with the others, but hang back and let the people who know what they're doing make the first moves.

[3]
Richter again searches and again is unlucky, though not quite as much as last time. He does not find any implants, but he does find a single OMNITECH Transient Psychokinetic stimulant.

"You got that right. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Anyway, if I may ask, what's the plan when you're out of here? What are you gonna do for fun? Find some hut in the middle of nowhere? Form a sex cult? Take over the world?"

Keep talking. That guy is fun to talk to. Plus, it helps to know his motivations, I can use it to better understand his way of thinking. I know he doesn't care too much about the lives of the people in this lab and is probably a psychopath, but maybe he cares about other things.

For Yagyu's search, suggest he look for robotic parts that could be used to repair Ji.

Also scan the door with the motion sensor, just in case.

"I am a man of simple desires, free of the earthly needs that confound so many. My only plan is to wake up each day and do as I please, unbound by petty concerns. What could be better than that?"

Check that dead guy in the control room to see if he has anything on him. First give it a scan, if any evidence of possible grenade trap is evident (eg. things like a weird position of the body) then leave the body alone.

Either way, finish exploring this section, see if there's anything around that could help us with our mission. EDIT: such as parts to repair Ji or myself, or parts to build that jammer I described earlier to disturb Friendly's connection to his thralls via earpiece.

If nothing comes up, go to section Q with the others. Before I unlock the door, try to give it a quick once-over with the scanner to try and detect possible traps. Should nothing come up, unlock it.

Also, question: could I take one of these clone bodies and use it after the mission to have my mind placed in it, thereby becoming fleshy again?

The man appears to have killed himself, and recently as well. The blood is still fresh. Likely he triggered this lockdown and then killed himself. He has an earpiece sewn in place, like the others. He has another memory stick in his pocket, but is otherwise unremarkable.

[3] Yagyu discovers a few mechanical parts that might be used to patch up himself or Ji, though not enough for both and not enough to get Ji walking. But maybe enough to get her activated and using her one remaining arm while strapped to someone else for movement.

Yagyu examines the clones. There are two "levels" of clones around here, full and partial. Partial are just body parts and organs in storage while full are full bodies. The full bodies are in cloning tubes and they've unfortunately been neglected and left to rot. The partial pieces are still intact though, so it might be possible to cobble together a Frankenstein body out of them, if all the pieces can be found.

Examine my new limbs and see how they feel, then go see if the car still works and can be driven, if it can't go find everyone else.
Burt finds his new limbs definitely weird but functional. Little awkward because they're not the same size as what he's used to so he constantly misjudges their size and bumps into things, but they work.

The car is totaled; even if it wasn't wedged in a near vertical position in the hall, its smashed to hell and the engine is half hanging out of the bottom.

"Ugh.  I want this to just be over with already.  Careful with the corpse, Spidey.  Might be another booby trap set by the rat bastard.  Fuck Derp, flay him alive, jam a grenade in his mouth..."

Go collect Ji, then head to Q.  If Q is opened, clear from the front, maintaining the SOP of shooting any people or electronic screens or whatever.  If Q isn't opened, hack into Ji to fix her wifi, and see if she can't be linked to some small robot.  Preferably something that could be left on Wilfred's shoulder--a robot camera assistant would be super helpful right now...

Also, make sure to grab the shock controllers from her.  Her sheet lists Toots' only, but she should also have Wilfred's.  Take Toots' and anyone else's controllers to Pathos before heading to Q.  Wilfred can be compromised, so he doesn't want to keep shockers for other allies.

Wilfred gathers the shock controllers from Ji's body.

"I don't think there are anymore surprises in this section"
first grab my drugs from the car, then head to the exit to Q and wait for the others
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Anya grabs her drugs.

Everyone moves ahead into sector Q with a new level of paranoia, Wilfred still gunning down anything that looks like it could transmit a signal. However, after exploring a bit they come to the conclusion that sector Q is entirely shut down and mothballed. The lights are completely off, not even the emergency lights are still on, and the entire sector is pitch black. Almost every room is locked, with the few open rooms holding furniture and lab equipment covered in plastic anti-dust sheets. The doors to each of the sectors that lead out of here are also locked, but not sealed. There are a few bits of blood here and there that seem to lead vaguely in the direction of the Door to sector N, but no bodies and no signs or clues.  It is entirely quiet here, and there seems very little of interest.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 24, 2020, 02:39:58 pm »

((Since we will have to make a decision right now on which section to go to next, here is the map again for convenience: https://imgur.com/MTPF4mA Note that we are currently in section Q, not V as the map indicates.))

"Well lads, it seems we have a few options right now. Either we make some detours to see what the other sections have and clear them out, which would ensure we can't get flanked later and which might give us some useful knowledge and tools to fight this guy with, but which would slow us down and perhaps expose us to unnecessary risks.

Alternatively, we make a beeline for the section where he told us he would be waiting, section A, in which case we need to move to section N. If we do this I'll be sealing the doors of any flanking sections best I can, but as that rocket battering ram showed, that's no guarantee. And if depends on him not just lying to us, of course.

I think option 2 would be best, for the record."

He has an earpiece sewn in place, like the others. He has another memory stick in his pocket, but is otherwise unremarkable.

Pocket earpiece, then look at what is on the memory stick, same safety precautions as before.

[3] Yagyu discovers a few mechanical parts that might be used to patch up himself or Ji, though not enough for both and not enough to get Ji walking. But maybe enough to get her activated and using her one remaining arm while strapped to someone else for movement.

If Ji would like to be repaired (aka if Lup is still intent on posting) then donate the parts to him, and help with the repairs if necessary. If not use them on myself.
((Lup, just put it into your action if you'd like the parts to be used on Ji.))

Yagyu examines the clones. There are two "levels" of clones around here, full and partial. Partial are just body parts and organs in storage while full are full bodies. The full bodies are in cloning tubes and they've unfortunately been neglected and left to rot. The partial pieces are still intact though, so it might be possible to cobble together a Frankenstein body out of them, if all the pieces can be found.

Suppose we found enough pieces to cobble that body together, how would it work mechanically? Like a Full Body Bio-prosthetic?

Either way: if collecting those parts now would make them go bad by the end of the mission, then I'd like to put a standing order to have Yagyu collect them at the end of the mission (barring things like explosive escape sequences or spontaneous disintegration between now and then, mind). If not then just collect them right now.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:56:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 24, 2020, 02:49:43 pm »

I say we go with section N as well
Go to section N, because the door is locked, attempt to find something small enough to pick the lock with
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 334