Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449443 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2040 on: April 10, 2020, 05:14:20 am »

"Attention. All team members are to evacuate the water immediately. Danger of electrocution."

Go use my power cord to fish out teammates that are still in the water (by tying it on something sturdy and throwing the other end at them, NOT by trying to pull them out using my tiny spider strength).

Once everyone is out of the water (or at least a safe distance away), throw that high power cable Yagyu cut into the water. I'm gonna fish me some demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let the water carry me to the door so I can swim through it and close it
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:41:06 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 10, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »

"Oh sweet jesus why?! I'm not a horrible monster yet!"

Try to keep my guts and blood inside of me. Let medics help me if that get to me.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 11, 2020, 04:33:54 am »

eh Yagyu, can I borrow one of your guns?
shoot the tooth elemental with the best gun I have
"You can borrow my goop launcher for a bit while I try to patch up Richter with Elen's old kit. Oh, and thanks for the assist with that wire, you really know your stuff!"

Borrow goop launcher to Anya for this turn.

If Tara (NG's char) manages to get up to us this turn, give her the medkit so she can stabilize Richter. If she doesn't make it then try to do so myself.

If I don't have to be ghetto medic for Richter, then help with the electrofishing! Be VERY careful though, and if it looks like there is any chance of the electricity arcing to a teammate still below or hitting ourselves, then don't allow that plan to go through.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 12, 2020, 10:26:58 am »

Try grabbing onto the power cord to climb out of the water

((Please read the below spoiler, Naturegirl))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 12, 2020, 10:57:11 am »

i will change my action, one moment
New action
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:42:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 13, 2020, 05:43:37 am »

Go socialize with the demons. They seem energetic.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 13, 2020, 06:11:18 am »

piecewise recommends placing your character sheet in a spoiler along with your action

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:12 pm »

(He's a ghost it's fine)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2049 on: April 13, 2020, 01:20:55 pm »

Apply lead to maggot
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

[2][6v4]
Ji fires several times but somehow misses despite the demon taking up almost the entire room in front of her. It snaps at her with its massive pincers but she manages to roll to the side and avoid it. The creature seems to have wedged itself into the doorway and can't fully make it into the room. Ji sits in a corner as it wriggles and snaps at her.

Jon meanders over to the teeth elemental and attempts to hold a conversation with it. Its nothing but mouths after all, it should have plenty to say.

Sadly all it wants to talk about is politics. Very loudly and angrily.  At first the sheer energy and conviction is captivating but it quickly grows dull.

i will change my action, one moment
New action
[2][5]
Tara lets herself drift out of section N, into the previous section. She quickly tries to slap the door close button but misses. Luckily she manages to grab a doorway and yank herself back up to the button, slapping it with her free hand. The door grinds slowly shut, cutting off the flow of water from sector N.

"Oh sweet jesus why?! I'm not a horrible monster yet!"

Try to keep my guts and blood inside of me. Let medics help me if that get to me.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

"You can borrow my goop launcher for a bit while I try to patch up Richter with Elen's old kit. Oh, and thanks for the assist with that wire, you really know your stuff!"

Borrow goop launcher to Anya for this turn.

If Tara (NG's char) manages to get up to us this turn, give her the medkit so she can stabilize Richter. If she doesn't make it then try to do so myself.

If I don't have to be ghetto medic for Richter, then help with the electrofishing! Be VERY careful though, and if it looks like there is any chance of the electricity arcing to a teammate still below or hitting ourselves, then don't allow that plan to go through.

I had no doubts about our crew’s competency! Slap the teeth elemental if it comes back, get a medical teammate to take care of richter. Hand out frag grenades to people who actually have skill in explosives.
EDIT: grab people out of the water.

”Ah! That looks way too painful! Dude, have you ever heard of trigger discipline?”
[1 2][2]

Toby attempts to grab both Wilfred and Tara and drag them up out of the water and away from potential demon havoc. However, they are both wet and squirmy and he can't get a good hold on them. Meanwhile Yagyu attempts to perform first aid on Richter. He opens his aid box and then proceeds to sort of just kneel there next to Richter for several seconds, staring.

"Space Magic is under patent law so I regret nothing!"

Feed Richter the Teeth Elemental even more lead!
EDIT: goop the Teeth Elemental to the floor
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
"No creature should be allowed to have that many teeth."
Shoot the crap out of the teeth thing.
[7,4,5]
[6,3,2]v[3,6,1][4,4][

Kenneth and Burt both fire into the teeth elemental, spraying chunks of flesh, enamel and tongues. The entire crawlspace echoes with the roar of gunfire and the flash of muzzles, which seems to hang  heavy in the air even when the shooting stops. The shredded elemental floats there for a few seconds more, still gnawing, but eventually drops down into the room below with a wet thud. Anya's attempt to goop it misses, but she does manage to at least partially cover the hole it was making in the ceiling.

"Attention. All team members are to evacuate the water immediately. Danger of electrocution."

Go use my power cord to fish out teammates that are still in the water (by tying it on something sturdy and throwing the other end at them, NOT by trying to pull them out using my tiny spider strength).

Once everyone is out of the water (or at least a safe distance away), throw that high power cable Yagyu cut into the water. I'm gonna fish me some demons.

Despite Pathos' best spidery efforts at emulating a lifeguard, the people in the water below seem to be stubbornly set on remaining in the water.

"DAMN IT JI, DON'T DIE!  WE STILL NEED TO FUCK UP DERP!  AND YOU HAVE ONE OF MY SHOCK THINGIES!"

Okay, the water is still flowing because somebody is an idiot, so... don't let go of the doorway.  Hold position and shoot any demons that come into sight, using the laser.  If no demons appear, continue charging the laser.

Current laser charge level: d10.  If only I had posted, it would be d12...

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Prepare for the demons that will be coming soon.
Gabe hangs out of the access hatch in the ceiling, training his gun down the same hallway that Wilfred is covering. The both wait. They don't have to wait long.  They hear it coming from a while off, the splash of water, the growling inhales of full sprint running, the grinding of carapace on steel. It comes around the corner at the far end of the hall, skidding a bit into the wall as it does. It doesn't stop to smell the air or look around, it just charges. It has a head like a crocodile, but with a split jaw and massive compound eyes. Its body is like that of a comical strongman, massive shoulders and a small lower body, with what appear to be giant centipedes instead of arms. It charges forward like a gorilla, hurling its bulk forward mostly with its arms, though the skittering limbs on the arms also drag it forward. It gives it an impossible appearance, as though it is covering far more ground than its movements should allow.
[5,8][6,1 v 5][5,3]
[6v1]

Wilfred and Gabe both open fire, their rounds  tearing into the creature's scaly and carapace coated flesh and laser hacking blackened gashes with bursts of boiling blue-green ichor .  It doesn't even slow it down. It closes the distance from the end of the hall to their position in a matter of seconds and lashes out with one giant insectoid arm. A pincer-claw-mouth tries to snap shut on Wilfred's neck, but he ducks it, dodging by inches, and rams his rifle into the thing's chest.
[3v2]
The laser sends an invisible beam of condensed energy straight through the demon's center of mass. The demon doesn't even flinch.

Another demon appears at the end of the hall. It has a serpentine body with a massive pair of reptillian legs, as though a t-rex's legs were crudely attached to a massive python. Instead of a head, the snake ends in a battering ram of bone , with a bladed rhino's horn sprouted from it. It starts loping down the hall.

The water settles out and finds its own level at about a foot and a half high.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:58 pm »

He opens his aid box and then proceeds to sort of just kneel there next to Richter for several seconds, staring.
"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 13, 2020, 01:44:42 pm »

Kenneth will help his fellow OMNITECH(TM) coworker's with their Mortally Challenged issue with a nice application of lead. Especially to the big one, Kenneth hates the big ones.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:58:39 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 13, 2020, 01:47:08 pm »

He opens his aid box and then proceeds to sort of just kneel there next to Richter for several seconds, staring.
"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer."

"Do I look like a doctor to you, eh? Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not!"

Shoot demons with goop gun. If teammates evacuate enough for electrofishing not to fookin' kill them, do that instead.

Give medkit to NG should she finally get up here so Richter can get some treatment.

Also:
[21:03] Radio Controlled: Suppose we got them out of the way, and we tried electrofishing, is it likely to just arc up to where we are?
[21:04] Mr. Bones: Nah

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:14:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:33 pm »

Where is everyone in relation to each other?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 13, 2020, 02:06:13 pm »

Where is everyone in relation to each other?

PW drew a little map for us in the discord:

EDIT: Also learned the following
[21:21] Radio Controlled: Also, while we're asking questions: the description of the stimulant says
OMNITECH Stimulant (Raises life by one die level till next injury) X 3
An innocuous looking syringe of what appears to be saline. Contains a high end stimulant that can enhances the user's innate capacities for a time. A large warning sticker on the side reads "DO NOT DOUBLE DOSE".

The description seems to indicate it only lasts for a bit, but the text between brackets just says 'till next injury'.
[21:22] Mr. Bones: It raises your life die until you actually get hit
[21:24] Radio Controlled: Ah, so you could pop one at the start of a mission and just ride that high until you need it?
[21:24] Mr. Bones: Basically RC
[21:24] Mr. Bones: Its a preventative
[21:24] Radio Controlled: Neato! Something we should have totally done all along then.
[21:24] Radio Controlled: Unless  there's side effects if you take them repeatedly I guess.

[21:29] Radio Controlled: I assume brobots can't take stimulants anymore?
[21:31] Mr. Bones: nay
[21:31] Mr. Bones: you have no organic parts to stimulate
[21:31] Mr. Bones: so to speak~
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:35:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 334