Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452489 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2190 on: May 14, 2020, 05:02:16 am »

"There it is again!  You keep using the name Derp's thralls use!  And threats of violence, and manipulation, too!  Keep digging that hole, drone, I'll gut you and Derp just the same!"

Wilfred edges over to Gabe as he shouts, keeping his rifle trained on Leslie's cover.  He delivers a sharp kick to Burt's shoulder when he gets close enough.  "C'mon man, what's wrong?  You okay?"

"...Did you do this, you fucking thrall?!  You were attempting to clear out the security team, one by one, weren't you?!  Bastard!" He fires a shot over the top of the cover.  "Fuck!  Gabe, damn it--fine!  If you aren't enthralled, toss your gun out of cover, and come fix Gabe!  But don't you fucking try anything, you won't find us easy prey when we're watching.

Yell at Leslie to fix Gabe, telling her to drop that silenced peashooter of hers too.  If she attacks Wilfred, shoot her, but... well, attacking Gabe might be okay.  Medicine looks like that sometimes, and she should get a chance at least.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2191 on: May 14, 2020, 05:27:44 am »

"Why did they train an alligator to be a mechanic?"
Search the lab for any loot and maybe a blindfold or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: May 14, 2020, 06:30:22 am »

Turn on the jammer, unless a teammate requests me to wait.

Help ensure Gabe doesn't choke if nobody else does.

If the Gabe situation is under control, then carefully sneak over to the door to sector I, using scanner along the way to avoid ambushes or traps. Once there, weld the door to sector I shut.

"Will, stop harassing the new meat please. Also, building this jammer here took all of my creative juices it seems, so if you want that adaptor you'll have to figure out the needed parts yourself I'm afraid."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2193 on: May 14, 2020, 07:14:27 am »

Bob does not like the cold. Bob will 'Fix' that cooler. There's a couple handy corpses nearby to use as tools. The water in here is too shallow for Bob to determine properly if the other Bob can swim or not, so he ignores that question, as well as whatever that other person was saying. Bob is slightly disappointed at the lack of incoming raw chicken, but there are a couple handy corpses nearby (and some ... 'pre-corpses' walking around) to make up for it. Eat some corpse, is what I'm saying here.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: May 14, 2020, 07:44:37 am »

Search the lab for anything useful. While everything might be waterlogged, containers will still be helpful and can be filled with more things when needed. Also take some of the fish corpses that aren’t getting eaten

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: May 14, 2020, 01:08:05 pm »

if Gabe dies, take his rifle, baton, and armor.

Otherwise continue to roll along the murderball

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: May 14, 2020, 05:35:07 pm »

Kenneth will look for a weapon, maybe an experimental big gun created by some egghead. Kenneth likes big guns.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: May 15, 2020, 11:13:32 am »

Go back and do the thing that helps people choke less to Gabe . Grab some corpses to feed bob with, while I’m at it. Also use my thinking skills to find out what happened in the sector, after looting it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2198 on: May 15, 2020, 08:48:05 pm »

"There it is again!  You keep using the name Derp's thralls use!  And threats of violence, and manipulation, too!  Keep digging that hole, drone, I'll gut you and Derp just the same!"

Wilfred edges over to Gabe as he shouts, keeping his rifle trained on Leslie's cover.  He delivers a sharp kick to Burt's shoulder when he gets close enough.  "C'mon man, what's wrong?  You okay?"

"...Did you do this, you fucking thrall?!  You were attempting to clear out the security team, one by one, weren't you?!  Bastard!" He fires a shot over the top of the cover.  "Fuck!  Gabe, damn it--fine!  If you aren't enthralled, toss your gun out of cover, and come fix Gabe!  But don't you fucking try anything, you won't find us easy prey when we're watching.

Yell at Leslie to fix Gabe, telling her to drop that silenced peashooter of hers too.  If she attacks Wilfred, shoot her, but... well, attacking Gabe might be okay.  Medicine looks like that sometimes, and she should get a chance at least.

Spoiler: I love you Omnitech! (click to show/hide)

Leslie's face twists and turns, a nose scrunching up, Omnitech© regulation length eyebrows knitting together on her brow. The thump-thump of a heart-pounding in their head. A hand slowly rolling through knotted up hair until finally. It clicks within the dull brain of a drone, of the misunderstanding before her, a smile beaming slowly across.

A hand dusting themselves off, Leslie lets her cheerful voice, that light disturbing thing ring out from around the corner. Only faintly holding a hint of an apologetic tone.

"Faithful Omnitech employee, Mr.Wilfred, I apologize for the mislabelling of the asset to be retrieved. I am indeed not a thrall to the entity that we both collectively shall call Derp. I apologize sincerely for the improper use of terminology. This faithful employee shall endeavor to follow Omnitech security's instructions for the safety of us all."

Miss Omnitech places her weapon on the floor and moves to try to force Gabe to spit out whatever he is choking on.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2199 on: May 16, 2020, 11:06:14 am »

Angry spider noises at Yagyu's direction. Don't turn on that jammer. I'm in the middle negotiating here.

I am a man of my word. Though you interest me as to your alternative; what is it you purpose?
Keep talking: "Our primary objective is to capture you alive and return you to OMNITECH custody. However, failing that, our employer will find your termination and the preservation of this facility an acceptable alternative, as long as your termination is deemed accidental and/or unavoidable."

"Frankly, you seem like a... well, not good, but OK-ish person. Not really evil, just a bit of a dick that likes to have fun. On the other hand, most of the people in this company are incompetent, terrible or both.  You had this ability all this time and all you did was found a sex cult. If someone like OMNI managed to get your abilities, even if they don't destroy the world with their incompetence, they are very likely to use it against me. So as a matter of self-preservation, I would prefer to deny them any further chances of studying you."

"I have two options for your consideration. One is to use a cognition copier to transfer your consciousness to another body and present your 'corpse' to OMNITECH while you join our security team taking the pace of one of our dead teammates. If you don't like our little group you can always disappear later; this research complex is quite large, after all. The second is to use the Phase Gate present in this facility to attempt to transport you somewhere else. Neither is an easy option but perhaps you will consider them better than being recaptured. I could also attempt to stage an 'accidental' release after we retrieve you but I can't guarantee your safety from my more paranoid teammates or the automated defence systems."

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: May 17, 2020, 09:58:03 am »

Gabe hears a quiet, almost imperceptible "It should have been yooouu"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2201 on: May 17, 2020, 11:27:36 am »

Make choking noises and gestures for help and regret my life choices.

Spoiler: I love you Omnitech! (click to show/hide)

Leslie's face twists and turns, a nose scrunching up, Omnitech© regulation length eyebrows knitting together on her brow. The thump-thump of a heart-pounding in their head. A hand slowly rolling through knotted up hair until finally. It clicks within the dull brain of a drone, of the misunderstanding before her, a smile beaming slowly across.

A hand dusting themselves off, Leslie lets her cheerful voice, that light disturbing thing ring out from around the corner. Only faintly holding a hint of an apologetic tone.

"Faithful Omnitech employee, Mr.Wilfred, I apologize for the mislabelling of the asset to be retrieved. I am indeed not a thrall to the entity that we both collectively shall call Derp. I apologize sincerely for the improper use of terminology. This faithful employee shall endeavor to follow Omnitech security's instructions for the safety of us all."

Miss Omnitech places her weapon on the floor and moves to try to force Gabe to spit out whatever he is choking on.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Leslie, under duress, attempts to save Gabe from his horrible life decisions. Well, from the consequences of one very specific decision at least.
[3]
Despite her complete lack of medical training, Leslie manages to successfully perform the heimlich maneuver on Gabe. Admittedly she does this by jumping on his stomach...but its overall successful.

Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"Seems pretty solid water pipes usually are, this will work wonders so what's with the alligator-wait you're a mechanic how are you a mechanic when you dont have thumbs or hands? Also, can you understand me, nod if yes."

Heleen seems to be both genuinely curious and outraged in equal measure regards to the alligator.

Helene attempts to rips the pipe out of the wall & double-checks the alligator's name tag.
Helene uses the tip of the pipe to turn the alligator's tag so she can read it.

"Bob the Biter".

Yep.

Bob does not like the cold. Bob will 'Fix' that cooler. There's a couple handy corpses nearby to use as tools. The water in here is too shallow for Bob to determine properly if the other Bob can swim or not, so he ignores that question, as well as whatever that other person was saying. Bob is slightly disappointed at the lack of incoming raw chicken, but there are a couple handy corpses nearby (and some ... 'pre-corpses' walking around) to make up for it. Eat some corpse, is what I'm saying here.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
[8] Bob wanders over to a wall mounted tank of liquid nitrogen and carefully clubs the outlet pipe flat with his tail.  He nods about a job well done before lazily chomping down on the head of one of the corpses and vigorously deathrolling until it tears off and he can swallow it whole.

Angry spider noises at Yagyu's direction. Don't turn on that jammer. I'm in the middle negotiating here.

I am a man of my word. Though you interest me as to your alternative; what is it you purpose?
Keep talking: "Our primary objective is to capture you alive and return you to OMNITECH custody. However, failing that, our employer will find your termination and the preservation of this facility an acceptable alternative, as long as your termination is deemed accidental and/or unavoidable."

"Frankly, you seem like a... well, not good, but OK-ish person. Not really evil, just a bit of a dick that likes to have fun. On the other hand, most of the people in this company are incompetent, terrible or both.  You had this ability all this time and all you did was found a sex cult. If someone like OMNI managed to get your abilities, even if they don't destroy the world with their incompetence, they are very likely to use it against me. So as a matter of self-preservation, I would prefer to deny them any further chances of studying you."

"I have two options for your consideration. One is to use a cognition copier to transfer your consciousness to another body and present your 'corpse' to OMNITECH while you join our security team taking the pace of one of our dead teammates. If you don't like our little group you can always disappear later; this research complex is quite large, after all. The second is to use the Phase Gate present in this facility to attempt to transport you somewhere else. Neither is an easy option but perhaps you will consider them better than being recaptured. I could also attempt to stage an 'accidental' release after we retrieve you but I can't guarantee your safety from my more paranoid teammates or the automated defence systems."

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

These are interesting options, but I will deny the first outright. I am me, and no duplicate- however sophisticated- can compare. I am this flesh, and with this flesh I will die.

Escape through one of your questionably stable portals is an invigorating idea, but I wonder what you will do to explain it to your superiors?

Turn on the jammer, unless a teammate requests me to wait.

Help ensure Gabe doesn't choke if nobody else does.

If the Gabe situation is under control, then carefully sneak over to the door to sector I, using scanner along the way to avoid ambushes or traps. Once there, weld the door to sector I shut.

"Will, stop harassing the new meat please. Also, building this jammer here took all of my creative juices it seems, so if you want that adaptor you'll have to figure out the needed parts yourself I'm afraid."

Yagyu wanders over to the door to Sector I and welds it shut.  This all goes...remarkably easily honestly. About the most dangerous thing around here is a dead fish or two so...compared to last sector this is a breeze.

"Why did they train an alligator to be a mechanic?"
Search the lab for any loot and maybe a blindfold or something.
Search the lab for anything useful. While everything might be waterlogged, containers will still be helpful and can be filled with more things when needed. Also take some of the fish corpses that aren’t getting eaten
if Gabe dies, take his rifle, baton, and armor.

Otherwise continue to roll along the murderball

Kenneth will look for a weapon, maybe an experimental big gun created by some egghead. Kenneth likes big guns.

Go back and do the thing that helps people choke less to Gabe . Grab some corpses to feed bob with, while I’m at it. Also use my thinking skills to find out what happened in the sector, after looting it.
[3] Billy Bob discovers a suitable blindfold. He proceeds to take the dead fish to his face.
[3] Tara also returns with an armful of dead fish.
[1] Kenneth staggers around the corner with some kind if giant mollusk clinging to his face and apparently trying to slowly grind his face off with its radula.
[10] Toby returns after searching the area for clues and goodies. He has come to the impression that this is some sort of marine biology lab for offworld fish. Judging by the documents, these creatures were all captured from the deep ice oceans of Europa. In terms of lootable goods, he has found what amounts to an oversized cattle prod. It doesn't look particularly deadly, but it would likely render those jabbed with it out of commission, at least temporarily.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: May 17, 2020, 11:37:44 am »

"Entrance to sector I secured. Seems like our current sector also doesn't pose much further threat, so let's move on, we still have quite a ways to go here."

To sector M!

Could I have another attempt at figuring out what we need for that adaptor?

For the jammer: can we have a standing action for it to be activated once paris is done with his bootycall, so I don't have to keep repeating it every turn?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:42:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: May 17, 2020, 03:18:46 pm »

Lead the way!
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: May 17, 2020, 03:32:48 pm »

Follow Yagyu and Ji to sector N
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 334