Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451415 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2205 on: May 17, 2020, 06:34:42 pm »

"UUMPH OOF IFF UUU"

With those words of wisdom said Kenneth chords down on the invertebrate, eating it before it can eat him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:36:20 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2206 on: May 17, 2020, 11:18:46 pm »

Bob makes some more alligator sounds and watches Kenneth do battle with a mollusk. Death roll, Kenneth! Death Roll!

Bob will follow any dead fish being waved about.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:20:22 pm by Ozarck »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: May 18, 2020, 06:47:37 am »

"I taped a fish to my face!"
Follow everyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2208 on: May 18, 2020, 06:42:46 pm »

These are interesting options, but I will deny the first outright. I am me, and no duplicate- however sophisticated- can compare. I am this flesh, and with this flesh I will die.
"Hah! If I were someone pedantic I'd waste time explaining to you why you're wrong, but I get what you mean. I disagree, because.... Well, you'll see when we meet face to face. But I get it."

Escape through one of your questionably stable portals is an invigorating idea, but I wonder what you will do to explain it to your superiors?
"Well, our team has several ways of making your body disappear. I could claim you circled around us and attempted to escape through the Phase Gate so I was forced to activate the explosives I had set there to prevent your escape, which unfortunately led to your disintegration. Wouldn't take too much effort to wipe the security camera footage. Or maybe I could claim you were an idiot and got yourself eaten by a demon or one of those other monsters running around. Does your thing work on demons?"

Continue negotiating.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: May 19, 2020, 12:15:39 am »

Follow the group I guess.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: May 19, 2020, 10:57:55 am »

Sweet! Thanks, Omnitech. Follow the Omnicorp team, help feed that mollusk to Kenneth.
”Oh, this’ll come in handy. Hey robot guy! I got a... cow prod? Anyway it’ll be helpful for getting Mr. Friendly non-lethally, since we have to do that somehow.”
He looks at Kenneth, and asks.

Now, I’m not a senior occultist or anything, but should you be eating every demon and animal you come across, Kenneth?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:29:54 pm by Leodanny »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: May 19, 2020, 02:52:25 pm »

Sweet! Thanks, Omnitech. Follow the Omnicorp team, help feed that mollusk to Kenneth.
”Oh, this’ll come in handy. Hey robot guy! I got a... cow prod? Anyway it’ll be helpful for getting Mr. Friendly non-lethally, since we have to do that somehow.”

Now, I’m not a senior occultist or anything, but should you be eating every demon and animal you come across, Kenneth?

""Murr hurr mphuphurrur, hurr mph phrr."

MemesItIs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: May 20, 2020, 12:27:30 am »

Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"Ok, we got a aligator on our team, delt with you alot, there was a pond on the farm every summer it would be filled with aligators always tried to get me when I walked past hit-spilt there skulls open with my shovel it worked so very well. I kept it nice and sharp I got my eye on you scratch that I got both my eyes on you. If you try anything I cave skull in understand, though..if you are cool we could maybe become friend."

Heleen relatively speaking nonchalantly, but over time their tone begins sounding angry and at the very end when mentioning her VIOLENCE acts she sounds wistful.

Helene follows the group, the murder ball that is, letting their pipe hit the ground as they follow and staring intently at the aligator.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: May 20, 2020, 10:12:49 am »

"Huh.  You did save him.  I was expecting to get a spare rifle out of this--no offence, Gabe, I still like you better alive."

Wilfred shrugs and lowers his gun, his sudden calmness almost alarming after all the screaming and threatening he'd been doing mere seconds before.  He turns around and starts trotting after the rest of the team, shouting back at Leslie.

"Don't lag behind too much, Drone, or the demons will eat you.  And put in some text-to-speech earplugs before you get thralled, I will kill you if you let Derp get you!  I'll kill him too."

((ATH, you should have a set of tts earplugs by default, Pathos bought the entire team a supply.  Make sure to actually list them as hearing protection.))

Catch up with the rest of the team.  Continue to shoot appliances that can transmit Derp's control, and any monsters or whatever that are seen.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: May 20, 2020, 01:29:14 pm »

Snip!
”Can’t really understand you. I’ll take that as a no. “

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: May 20, 2020, 01:50:32 pm »

"Huh.  You did save him.  I was expecting to get a spare rifle out of this--no offence, Gabe, I still like you better alive."

Wilfred shrugs and lowers his gun, his sudden calmness almost alarming after all the screaming and threatening he'd been doing mere seconds before.  He turns around and starts trotting after the rest of the team, shouting back at Leslie.

"Don't lag behind too much, Drone, or the demons will eat you.  And put in some text-to-speech earplugs before you get thralled, I will kill you if you let Derp get you!  I'll kill him too."

((ATH, you should have a set of tts earplugs by default, Pathos bought the entire team a supply.  Make sure to actually list them as hearing protection.))

Catch up with the rest of the team.  Continue to shoot appliances that can transmit Derp's control, and any monsters or whatever that are seen.

Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Spoiler: I love you Omnitech! (click to show/hide)

Leslie allows herself to roll her shoulders, a flush lightning up her cheeks a nice shade of red, a relief rolling through a drones mind, before a small chuckle, light and airy at the calmness, at what was happening, at her successful saving of Omnitech© assets, of a fellow Omnitech© employee. Brown eyes gleam faintly, heartened by success as dear Gabe scampers off and Wilfred tells her of his security plans.

What a nice man.

A saquirine sweet voice sings on out.

"Mr.Wilfred, beloved Omnitech© employee, I shall endeavor to follow your security directives as much as one of the public relations department is expected to! Furthermore, my designation as it seems you forgot is Leslie Omnitech© who is under official legal guardianship of Omnitech, but if it makes a fellow employee happy, I shall adhere to your nickname!

Perhaps after work you would like to engage in some Omnitech approved bonding activity's, I am fully willing to lend myself to the relief of my beloved Omnitech© family!"

Miss Omnitech gives a happy little whistle, grabs her weapon ((Gauss pistol)) up from the floor and follows Wilfred after putting in her earplugs. Also she's trying to remember as many approved Omnitech bonding activity's as possible.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: May 20, 2020, 02:03:23 pm »

Follow Yagyu, keep an eye out for danger or interesting/valuable things.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: May 20, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »

Snip!
”Can’t really understand you. I’ll take that as a no. “
"Mhnk nhya mhph."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2218 on: May 20, 2020, 02:42:23 pm »

"Entrance to sector I secured. Seems like our current sector also doesn't pose much further threat, so let's move on, we still have quite a ways to go here."

To sector M!

Could I have another attempt at figuring out what we need for that adaptor?

For the jammer: can we have a standing action for it to be activated once paris is done with his bootycall, so I don't have to keep repeating it every turn?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[1] Yagyu considers.  Hmmm. The most effective way would be to set up a sort of power centipede. Stitch the battery to the mouth, and the gun to the anus...yes....

Yagyu set the jammer to immediately activate as soon as the robot spider is done having phone sex with the murderous superhuman.

"UUMPH OOF IFF UUU"

With those words of wisdom said Kenneth chords down on the invertebrate, eating it before it can eat him.

[1] Kenneth engages in epic face-on-fish combat and immediately finds himself at a disadvantage. The disadvantage being that his attempts to bite at the tough and rubbery flesh of the alien fish are far less effective than the fish's attempts to sandpaper off his face.  Kenneth is rather stubborn about all this but around the time the creature has completely removed his nose and lips, he begins to think that maybe he should ask for help.

Maybe scream for help.

These are interesting options, but I will deny the first outright. I am me, and no duplicate- however sophisticated- can compare. I am this flesh, and with this flesh I will die.
"Hah! If I were someone pedantic I'd waste time explaining to you why you're wrong, but I get what you mean. I disagree, because.... Well, you'll see when we meet face to face. But I get it."

Escape through one of your questionably stable portals is an invigorating idea, but I wonder what you will do to explain it to your superiors?
"Well, our team has several ways of making your body disappear. I could claim you circled around us and attempted to escape through the Phase Gate so I was forced to activate the explosives I had set there to prevent your escape, which unfortunately led to your disintegration. Wouldn't take too much effort to wipe the security camera footage. Or maybe I could claim you were an idiot and got yourself eaten by a demon or one of those other monsters running around. Does your thing work on demons?"

Continue negotiating.

Ah. I know what you are. Do not worry, I do not discriminate against your kind, but there are differences between you and I. You may be able to be copied in perpetuity but I cannot be so easily replicated. Not meaningfully so at least.

Now then, something more important than those details first: If I were to agree, how would we handle this...prisoner exchange?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2219 on: May 20, 2020, 02:43:22 pm »

Spoiler: I love you Omnitech! (click to show/hide)

Leslie allows herself to roll her shoulders, a flush lightning up her cheeks a nice shade of red, a relief rolling through a drones mind, before a small chuckle, light and airy at the calmness, at what was happening, at her successful saving of Omnitech© assets, of a fellow Omnitech© employee. Brown eyes gleam faintly, heartened by success as dear Gabe scampers off and Wilfred tells her of his security plans.

What a nice man.

A saquirine sweet voice sings on out.

"Mr.Wilfred, beloved Omnitech© employee, I shall endeavor to follow your security directives as much as one of the public relations department is expected to! Furthermore, my designation as it seems you forgot is Leslie Omnitech© who is under official legal guardianship of Omnitech, but if it makes a fellow employee happy, I shall adhere to your nickname!

Perhaps after work you would like to engage in some Omnitech approved bonding activity's, I am fully willing to lend myself to the relief of my beloved Omnitech© family!"

Miss Omnitech gives a happy little whistle, grabs her weapon ((Gauss pistol)) up from the floor and follows Wilfred after putting in her earplugs. Also she's trying to remember as many approved Omnitech bonding activity's as possible.
[3]
Leslie recalls several approved bonding activities! Unpaid manual labor is the classic, of course, but there are others. Like...ah! Confessing secrets about yourself or others to a Human resources agent! Or um...Donating blood for private resale. Or going to see one of the many wonderful programs at the Omni-vision cinema!

Follow Yagyu, keep an eye out for danger or interesting/valuable things.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"Ok, we got a aligator on our team, delt with you alot, there was a pond on the farm every summer it would be filled with aligators always tried to get me when I walked past hit-spilt there skulls open with my shovel it worked so very well. I kept it nice and sharp I got my eye on you scratch that I got both my eyes on you. If you try anything I cave skull in understand, though..if you are cool we could maybe become friend."

Heleen relatively speaking nonchalantly, but over time their tone begins sounding angry and at the very end when mentioning her VIOLENCE acts she sounds wistful.

Helene follows the group, the murder ball that is, letting their pipe hit the ground as they follow and staring intently at the aligator.

Follow the group I guess.
"I taped a fish to my face!"
Follow everyone else.

Follow Yagyu and Ji to sector N
Lead the way!
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"Entrance to sector I secured. Seems like our current sector also doesn't pose much further threat, so let's move on, we still have quite a ways to go here."

To sector M!

Could I have another attempt at figuring out what we need for that adaptor?

For the jammer: can we have a standing action for it to be activated once paris is done with his bootycall, so I don't have to keep repeating it every turn?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

The murder ball rolls on to sector M and...immediately screeches to a halt. Sector M is...missing. The door to it just opens up onto...nothing. A yawning void  that nearly swallows up the murderball as they all comically pile up at the edge. Yagyu leans out and looks around. The void is not total emptiness it seems, instead it is an immensely large shaft: He can see see the far wall, or at least the blinking lights in a line across it. The walls to the left and right are the same, vague enormous metal shapes lit only a line of electric lights. That line of lights is here, on this wall, as well, running along maybe 10 feet below the doorway. Maybe it demarkates something?  He looks up the shaft and there are further lines of lights forming rings around the massive shaft. Up, several hundred feet up, he can see the bottom of a huge structure. Below, there seems to be nothing but shaft stretching off forever. He tosses a dead fish down it and there is no wet slap of it landing. Hmm. 

"Yo, Pathos. Whats this?" Yagyu asks, pointing out into the several hundred feet of empty space between this door and the one they need to get to.

"These labs, like all the labs around here, are self contained. I guess these ones are so self contained that they can be moved?" He points a metal spider leg up "The sector you're looking for must have been shifted upwards several layers. Not sure how or why...they said this place was locked down. Unless it was like this when we came?"
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 334