Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 160

Author Topic: MOOK: Mission Improbable  (Read 111943 times)

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2235 on: May 24, 2020, 11:36:48 am »

Try to remove the mollusk from Kenneth’s face.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Try to remove the mollusk from Kenneth’s face.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Assist the mollusk removal
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also assist Ji in water being removal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With a mighty war cry Kenneth uses his guard strength to rip off the mollusk before throwing it to the ground like he just won the superbowl

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[8]
Kenneth tears the mollusk from his face, taking some of his face with it,  and proceeds to hurl it straight out into the abyss.

"AKE AT OO ASSOL!" he screams, words distorted by his lack of lips.  He is bleeding quite a lot.

If Kenneth happens to fall to the ground, Bob will eat his face, mollusk end first. Otherwise, Bob will waddle up to the nearest fish depository and push at it vigorously until it dispenses tasty treats. If Bob is attacked in the process, he will naturally react quite violently, all around.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Bob, uninterested in current events, scuttles over to a partially destroyed aquarium and starts gorging himself on the remaining alien fish within.


Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"So how we gonna solve this problem well, I wish I had schamatics there might be a manual way to move these. But it would probley take to much time to find if anyone got any bomb, blow it down to us wai-could kill targit scratch, that could cave facilty everyone die no one get paid. Hey could we smoke mr frind out set place on no bad, idea fire kill us to twenty four hour till place open once contact we burn in that time."

Helene tilts her head taps her foot and she seems very focused, a tone of certanty in her voice.

Helene keeping one eye on the aligator tries to look for manual mechanism ready strike if aligator try and attack me.
Helene follows behind Bob and after a few minutes is playfully throwing dead fish to Bob, who eagerly devours them.




Could we perhaps lower that sector back down to our level? If yes, where does it seem likely for the controls to do so to be located?

Alternatively, would it be possible to somehow make a tunnel from one sector to another even if there's no connection between them, or are the walls too thick for that? Or could we perhaps move up to the level of our missing sector?

Either way, try to make an estimate of how far the opposite wall is, and the same for the side walls.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu considers the situation, idly ducking as an alien mollusk goes flying past and into the shaft. [3] Uhhh. He thinks the controls for this thing are likely located in two places; section A and in the moved section M itself.

Tunneling is possible...but these sections are designed to be self contained units and prevent things from getting out. They'll likely be quite robust and rather resistant to tampering. However, moving this section does seem more viable. If Section M was moved with controls in section M, then this section can be moved with controls in this section. Probably.

[3] Yagyu estimates the opposite wall is...maybe 1200ft (365 meters) to the opposite wall, 900ish (275 meters) to the side entrances.

"Is this whole facility built like the thing from the movie cube?"
Use my engineer powers to try to find whatever control panel would lower that room.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
Billy Bob, in a thick drawl but with oddly precise and technical vernacular, points out that there are three places from which the room can be moved, at least three that are available. The first is the Main controls in sector A. Sort of out of the question at the moment. Second is the control room in Sector M itself. Easier than getting to sector A, but still a bit of a hassle. Finally, there's a maintenance panel in the corner of the shaft to the right of this door. If you can access it, it will give you control over the orientation of the section. There are hand and foot rails that can be used to shimmy out there, but they're designed to be used by someone with a harness and clip on restraints to keep them from falling if they lose their grip. Without those..its a fair deal more dangerous.

((Just use the coolant and water around here to construct a bridge out of ice.[/joking]))

If I can open the door on the other side, do so. If I can lower the lab or order some sort of maintenance elevator, do so.

Else, if there's something I could grab on the other side and I'm in throwing distance, suggest that someone strong could tie some rope on me and use me as an animate grappling hook. Else, suggest they find a rocket and make a rocket propelled grappling hook.

Continue negotiating.

Quote
Ah. I know what you are. Do not worry, I do not discriminate against your kind, but there are differences between you and I. You may be able to be copied in perpetuity but I cannot be so easily replicated. Not meaningfully so at least.

Now then, something more important than those details first: If I were to agree, how would we handle this...prisoner exchange?
"One option is I leave my team and you come meet me wherever it is convenient for you. Preferably somewhere close to the phase gate. Then I lead you to the phase gate so that I can send you on your merry way. However, operating the phase gate on my own would be difficult and time consuming. I can't guarantee I'd be able to do so before the others caught wind of what is going on.

The second option is I lie and say that I received a message from command to escort you to the phase gate. My rank would help sell the lie. But I can't guarantee everyone would believe that lie. However, should we make it there, I believe I can get most of the dangerous ones to leave the room if I claim they have to leave the chamber while the gate is on for their safety.

The third is I tell the truth. However they are unlikely to agree out of the goodness of their heart. Some are fanatics. Others are pissed. They got through hell, sometimes literally. They lost colleagues, friends. Others just want to get paid. But there are some who I trust and would be willing to help me... if you would agree to some exchange. With you effectively being in control of this facility you could order your... 'friends' to stand down, thus allowing us to gather some of the valuable equipment here, equipment that would replace their lost payment. On the other hand, those that can't be trusted will be sent on a wild goose chase. I'm thinking telling them that you and a bunch of your clones are running around, trying to escape towards different directions, would work as a good excuse."




Pathos, with his scrambly spider bod, tells the rest that if anyone is gonna try and climb anywhere, it should probably be him. He's easier to attach a rope to and prevent from falling as well, what with the fact that he doesn't weigh as much.

Code: [Select]
I know little of the way others behave. I have little opprotunity to obseve it, you understand. The force of my will overpowers others even without my desire, and they cannot act on their own while under my control. Even if I desired it, I can have no equal.  I will assume your understanding of them is correct.  However, there is a fourth option.  Their desires and grudges would mean nothing under my will. All you would need to do is patch my unfiltered voice through to them and they will do as I say. You may keep yourself insulated, of course, and sever the connection if you think I am being...dishonest.  With them on our side it would be easy to carry out this plan.  I can vanish and they can wake up without any memory of what happened.

It would save you the hassle of coming to find me of course, and potentially the lives of any who would die in that quest.

Wilfred leans his head out into the pit and looks down.  "...Do you think this pit is bottomless?  That'd be pretty neat."

After a few seconds he leans back inside and steps away, looking back the way the team came.  "I'm not sure which I'd prefer.  Throwing Derp into a pit with a bottom would just be an execution where he has a lot of time to think about his incoming unavoidable death.  I bet I could replicate that with more pain and more waiting though, so it's not really a great choice.  But a bottomless pit, then he'd be falling forever, and never die.  He'd be trapped forever, bored, with no way to escape.  But no pain, unless he scraped the edge of the wall or something, which I guess would definitely happen eventually.  Or until he started to starve... yeah, actually I guess that would kill him eventually?  Unless he doesn't need to eat.  Or drink.  Hmm."

Wilfred leans against a wall, and raises his gun to tap the barrel against his chin contemplatively.  "Hey, Pathos!  Ask Derp if he needs to eat and drink.  Would he starve to death if he were falling down a hole for all eternity?"

((I think it was open knowledge that Pathos obtained an earpiece to talk with Derp.  Though I assume all the conversation since has been hidden.  If Wilfred doesn't actually know, say so and I'll remove the last bit.))

If the others don't achieve anything notable with giant foreboding shaft of doom, then try shooting bullets both up and down the shaft.  Listen for echoing impacts.

Otherwise, guard teammates and shoot enemies.  Don't mix those two up unless someone is really annoying.


Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Wilfred fires a bullet up, and then another down the shaft. The first hits the bottom of the section above with a bright spray of sparks, while the second...well if it hits anything its too far away to tell.

Try to manifest a teeth gun/cannon using the tooth demon bits, in such a way that I an use it rolling occult. If possible try and make it so that it doesn't outright replace one of my hands.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[6]
Richter creates a sort of tooth shoulder cannon. It sprouts out of his shoulder on what looks like a modified spinal cord and the cannon itself is basically a big air gun with a bone gas tank filled with what smells like methane. It fires thumb sized tooth rounds with wet pop and horrid smell. [d6 damage]

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2236 on: May 24, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »

Quote
[3] Yagyu estimates the opposite wall is...maybe 1200ft (365 meters) to the opposite wall, 900ish (275 meters) to the side entrances.
Thank you for translating these distances into good, sensible units like any god-fearing man should!   

Quote
but they're designed to be used by someone with a harness and clip on restraints to keep them from falling if they lose their grip. Without those..its a fair deal more dangerous.
Start gathering whatever materials we'd need to create such a harness and clip restraints, then try to craft them. Make it spider-sized, unless said spider indicates he'd rather another bloke do it, then make it dude-sized.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:42:11 pm by Radio Controlled »
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2237 on: May 24, 2020, 03:30:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Use whatever possible to stop Kenneth’s bleeding, if I can’t stop the bleeding, cover the wounds to stop blood from exiting
Code: (sorry for having this in spoiler instead of code) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit
Logged

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

  • Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2238 on: May 24, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »

Kenneth attempts to quell the bleeding by sheer force of will, when that doesn't work he just asks for a medkit or some duct tape and staples.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Logged

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2239 on: May 25, 2020, 01:09:44 am »

Sit around and look pretty until there’s something to shoot at.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2240 on: May 25, 2020, 03:51:56 am »

Bob, satisfied with the fish from Helene (for now), wanders over to the opening, lights a high visibility flare, and chucks it into the void, watching it until it is no longer visible. After that , if his mechanical expertise is required, he'll assist, Yagyu in constructing a harness system.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2241 on: May 25, 2020, 05:39:47 am »

Aid in the making of the harness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2242 on: May 26, 2020, 04:58:12 am »

Private message to Yagyu, Wilfred and Ji
"Negotiations/banter/conversation present backup solution/strategic opportunity/alternate ending. Target requests I pipe/pass/transfer his unfiltered audio through our communication system in order to subvert our team and allow his escape. In exchange target will come meet us in phase gate room, were he believes I will attempt to transport him out of the facility. Target is unaware that our communication system has been designed to make such cascade failure impossible.
Suggestion: Pass filtered audio to team. Attempt to false flag/trick/bamboozle target into thinking he has control. Have him come to us to reduce losses/damage/wasted time.
Counterpoint: We are unaware of the full extent of his abilities. He may be able to figure out the ruse and become more aggressive.
Counter-counterpoint: By his own admission and by data we have retrieved, target is self-absorbed/narcissistic/solipsistic and lacks empathy/emotional intelligence/people skills. It is unlikely he will be able to anticipate our trickery or even imagine a world that does not evolve in the manner he desires.

Accept(Y/N)?"

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2243 on: May 26, 2020, 05:12:57 am »

Quote
I know little of the way others behave. I have little opportunity to observe it, you understand. The force of my will overpowers others even without my desire, and they cannot act on their own while under my control. Even if I desired it, I can have no equal.  I will assume your understanding of them is correct.  However, there is a fourth option.  Their desires and grudges would mean nothing under my will. All you would need to do is patch my unfiltered voice through to them and they will do as I say. You may keep yourself insulated, of course, and sever the connection if you think I am being...dishonest.  With them on our side it would be easy to carry out this plan.  I can vanish and they can wake up without any memory of what happened.

It would save you the hassle of coming to find me of course, and potentially the lives of any who would die in that quest.
"Hmm... That is a good idea. However, you can understand why I would be feeling apprehensive, given your treatment of others under your control. I have found some video footage in the local servers. I can understand you do not care about others very much. However, I am responsible for my team. And though I can't protect them from their stupidity and though I won't risk my life for them, I will do my best to not actively harm them.

However, I trust that you are a man of your word. To that end, can I have your word that your orders will not be harmful to them? That you won't ask them to shoot each other or cut their throats?"


Negotiations.

Also assist with spider harness plan.




The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2244 on: May 26, 2020, 07:04:23 pm »

”I don’t like it. No offense, but I don’t trust that you’re playing him well enough that he won’t try something. Keep him talking, but leave the team out of it for now.”
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Canadian kitten

  • Bay Watcher
  • Kitten demands cookies!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2245 on: May 26, 2020, 09:28:03 pm »

Sit around I guess?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
"Communism is not the solution, Great Leader Joe!" People sing across the streets. Before Joe can realise what's going on Joeville becomes a generous and  sharing Nazi state, with all the non-believers of Joe shall be purged, since they are spiritually inferior.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2246 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Use whatever possible to stop Kenneth’s bleeding, if I can’t stop the bleeding, cover the wounds to stop blood from exiting
Code: (sorry for having this in spoiler instead of code) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit
Kenneth attempts to quell the bleeding by sheer force of will, when that doesn't work he just asks for a medkit or some duct tape and staples.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)


[3] Tara crudely wraps Kenneth's face in bandages. Its not exactly high quality work, but it soaks up blood and seems to stop new blood from coming out...eventually. He does kind of look like he has a big bloody cotton ball for a head now though.

Quote
I know little of the way others behave. I have little opportunity to observe it, you understand. The force of my will overpowers others even without my desire, and they cannot act on their own while under my control. Even if I desired it, I can have no equal.  I will assume your understanding of them is correct.  However, there is a fourth option.  Their desires and grudges would mean nothing under my will. All you would need to do is patch my unfiltered voice through to them and they will do as I say. You may keep yourself insulated, of course, and sever the connection if you think I am being...dishonest.  With them on our side it would be easy to carry out this plan.  I can vanish and they can wake up without any memory of what happened.

It would save you the hassle of coming to find me of course, and potentially the lives of any who would die in that quest.
"Hmm... That is a good idea. However, you can understand why I would be feeling apprehensive, given your treatment of others under your control. I have found some video footage in the local servers. I can understand you do not care about others very much. However, I am responsible for my team. And though I can't protect them from their stupidity and though I won't risk my life for them, I will do my best to not actively harm them.

However, I trust that you are a man of your word. To that end, can I have your word that your orders will not be harmful to them? That you won't ask them to shoot each other or cut their throats?"


Negotiations.

Also assist with spider harness plan.




Code: [Select]
Of course.
Sit around I guess?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sit around and look pretty until there’s something to shoot at.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Gabe and Ji sit around playing cards, waiting for something to happen.

"I was told there would be more shooting."

"I was told there would be more cute girls."

"Who told you that?"

"The recruitment pamphlet. Its covered in chicks."

"I mean...I guess there are plenty of woman around."

"Sure...but not exactly what I was looking for. A lot less bikinis than advertised."

"Uwu, I can be your girlfriend~ Got any threes?"

"Stay away from me you anime Frankenstein. Go fish."

"You know it was actually Frankenstein's monster that was-"

"Oh shut up."

Quote
[3] Yagyu estimates the opposite wall is...maybe 1200ft (365 meters) to the opposite wall, 900ish (275 meters) to the side entrances.
Thank you for translating these distances into good, sensible units like any god-fearing man should!   

Quote
but they're designed to be used by someone with a harness and clip on restraints to keep them from falling if they lose their grip. Without those..its a fair deal more dangerous.
Start gathering whatever materials we'd need to create such a harness and clip restraints, then try to craft them. Make it spider-sized, unless said spider indicates he'd rather another bloke do it, then make it dude-sized.


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Aid in the making of the harness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yagyu and Billy Bob secure some high test plastic line and carefully tie it around Pathos' metal abdomen.

Bob, satisfied with the fish from Helene (for now), wanders over to the opening, lights a high visibility flare, and chucks it into the void, watching it until it is no longer visible. After that , if his mechanical expertise is required, he'll assist, Yagyu in constructing a harness system.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Bob hurls a flare into the darkness. He grunts at it as it becomes nothing but a distant speck. It doesn't disappear though, so it must have hit the bottom at some point down there. Bob flops down on his stomach and makes a long, drawn out gator noise.

Quote
I know little of the way others behave. I have little opportunity to observe it, you understand. The force of my will overpowers others even without my desire, and they cannot act on their own while under my control. Even if I desired it, I can have no equal.  I will assume your understanding of them is correct.  However, there is a fourth option.  Their desires and grudges would mean nothing under my will. All you would need to do is patch my unfiltered voice through to them and they will do as I say. You may keep yourself insulated, of course, and sever the connection if you think I am being...dishonest.  With them on our side it would be easy to carry out this plan.  I can vanish and they can wake up without any memory of what happened.

It would save you the hassle of coming to find me of course, and potentially the lives of any who would die in that quest.
"Hmm... That is a good idea. However, you can understand why I would be feeling apprehensive, given your treatment of others under your control. I have found some video footage in the local servers. I can understand you do not care about others very much. However, I am responsible for my team. And though I can't protect them from their stupidity and though I won't risk my life for them, I will do my best to not actively harm them.

However, I trust that you are a man of your word. To that end, can I have your word that your orders will not be harmful to them? That you won't ask them to shoot each other or cut their throats?"


Negotiations.

Also assist with spider harness plan.




[2] Pathos scuttles out towards the box and immediately slips and falls. The cord prevents him from falling far though. He tries again. [4] This time he makes it out to the box, though not without a few minor slips along the way. [2] The box itself, unfortunately, has a keypad lock on it and his attempts to crack it prove ineffective.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

  • Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2247 on: May 27, 2020, 02:10:06 pm »

Kenneth shoots a thumbs up and proceeds to hum Cotton Eye Joe to distract himself from the agonizing pain in the flayed mess that once was his moneymaker as he waits for something to happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2248 on: May 27, 2020, 03:25:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Follow Kenneth to make sure he doesn’t hit anything while walking around
Code: (Sense Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2249 on: May 28, 2020, 03:11:03 am »

Search the area for loot while other people do important things.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 160