Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451077 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2265 on: June 02, 2020, 09:17:33 am »

Continue playing cards until the segment gets close, then ready a gun.

"Ugh, we're already getting back to the terror and panic of more fighting?  I was enjoying this break.  Fucking Derp, this has been more hellish than the time I actually visited Hell." Wil pauses for a few seconds, then resumes speaking with a mild panic in his voice.  "Wait, wait.  Fuck.  What if Derp keeps his Derp-field up when he's a fucking ghost?  Like the one idiot that had been phasing in and out, and maybe doesn't actually exist?  Do we have ghost containment?  Because holy shit, incorporeal Derp is terrifying!  This whole time I've been talking about how to kill him as painfully as possible, but we can't actually kill him!  Torture's still fine, but risking his death is just way, way too much!"

Edit: Gesture at a wall and try to use the greenish glowy thing that Wilfred took from the alien god back in the crystal spire mission.  Does it do anything?  I only now remember that you literally said "the creature releases it into your hands", which kinda implies I kept the whatever-it-was rather than it just being a button.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Elevator Music
« Reply #2266 on: June 02, 2020, 09:22:24 am »

Well, we need to catch him alive, anyway. You visited He’ll? What was it like? Helene, while biological spiders can climb, maybe Pathos lacks the microscopic hairs on biological spiders that allow them to climb things. Pathos, correct me if I’m wrong, does your mechanical body have microscopic parts that let you grip surfaces?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 02, 2020, 09:37:28 am »

"Really... blue, and kinda faded?  Like, foggy, but not quite.  Yeah, everyone always draws Hell as this super red place with lots of lava and rock and shit, but it was more like being in a raincloud.  I think.  I've never actually seen a raincloud."

"But yeah, if you ever find yourself in a lot of blueness with an alien god stealing everyone's souls, just yell threats at it, and grab the green thing.  Alien gods are pussies, a proper show of dominance and they'll back off and go mind their own business."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 02, 2020, 09:43:55 am »

"Really... blue, and kinda faded?  Like, foggy, but not quite.  Yeah, everyone always draws Hell as this super red place with lots of lava and rock and shit, but it was more like being in a raincloud.  I think.  I've never actually seen a raincloud."

"But yeah, if you ever find yourself in a lot of blueness with an alien god stealing everyone's souls, just yell threats at it, and grab the green thing.  Alien gods are pussies, a proper show of dominance and they'll back off and go mind their own business."

What did the alien god look like? Does it have a name? Did it take souls from demons? Do they have souls? Were you the only one there or was the team there too? How did you get there? Do you have an idea what the green thing that you took was? Do you still have it?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 02, 2020, 10:08:04 am »

"Uh..."

Wilfred leans away from Tara, apparently taken aback.  He quickly regains his composure, and stands up, gesturing widely with pride in his voice.  "Y'see, it looked like, like uh--you know a conch shell, all weird and spiky and shit?" he holds his hands up in front of his face, wiggling his fingers in an entirely unhelpful attempt at demonstrating what he means "well it was kinda like this, but that was just the head.  And then behind that was a little tiny body, like a malformed fetus that hadn't really grown yet, and it was way smaller than the spiky conch head.  But it had, like, infinite arms.  Arms for days, or no--arms for years!  Allll the fucking arms, and they just went on for forever.  It was reaching out into the everything--" Wilfred demonstrates, stretching his arms out to the sides while miming plucking at something "--to grab shimmery glowy stuff!"

Wilfred leans close to Tara before continuing.  "The glowy things?  They were SOULS!  All the souls!  There were bunnies, deer, birds, probably like some bacteria, and sometimes people too!  I don't know if there were actually any aliens or demons or anything, but there definitely was all the stuff you see in those nature vids, and it was just, like, collecting them or something.  Leaving 'em lying around where they were all just rotting and eating each other and growing horribly, and it was just terrible.  Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in that shit, it was the worst."  He finishes with a grandiose cutting gesture, shaking his head.  Then he sets both his hands on his hips, and stands proud, heroically.

"But you don't gotta worry about that!  I was alone, the rest of the team was too cowardly to do anything, so it was all up to me.  I dove off of a scaffolding like twenty stories above the alien god, and I sent all that force into an axe blow, just hit it right in the noggin.  Then I reached inside and started punching the shit inside!" He mimes punching something in front of him "That's actually how I got sucked into Hell, where I could see all this!  Anyway I started screaming threats at it, told it to stop all this shit, and it was totally scared of me.  I already hurt it awfully bad, so it just kinda meekly offered me some glowy lighty things to placate me, and I took the green one while telling it to stop and to get lost before I fucked it up even more.  And that was pretty much it, like I said--alien gods are pussies.  Got a promotion out of it too, that's why I'm a xeno-ambassador!  Punching things in the brain is the best way to win at diplomacy!"

He quiets down as Tara asks him about the green thing, then answers without the grandiosity, instead rubbing at the back of his helmet while looking off to the side.  "Weeell, no, I don't really know what the thingy was, but it was probably the best one.  I mean, green is always the winning color, yeah?  I kinda figured I was ripping out its heart or something, but then I guess it probably wasn't necessary for it to live, since it survived and ran away from me after... didn't ever really think I might still have it, it wasn't in my hands when I woke up... Maybe I got cool ghost powers now and just never noticed?  Lemme try!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 02, 2020, 10:32:03 am »

"Uh..."

Wilfred leans away from Tara, apparently taken aback.  He quickly regains his composure, and stands up, gesturing widely with pride in his voice.  "Y'see, it looked like, like uh--you know a conch shell, all weird and spiky and shit?" he holds his hands up in front of his face, wiggling his fingers in an entirely unhelpful attempt at demonstrating what he means "well it was kinda like this, but that was just the head.  And then behind that was a little tiny body, like a malformed fetus that hadn't really grown yet, and it was way smaller than the spiky conch head.  But it had, like, infinite arms.  Arms for days, or no--arms for years!  Allll the fucking arms, and they just went on for forever.  It was reaching out into the everything--" Wilfred demonstrates, stretching his arms out to the sides while miming plucking at something "--to grab shimmery glowy stuff!"

Wilfred leans close to Tara before continuing.  "The glowy things?  They were SOULS!  All the souls!  There were bunnies, deer, birds, probably like some bacteria, and sometimes people too!  I don't know if there were actually any aliens or demons or anything, but there definitely was all the stuff you see in those nature vids, and it was just, like, collecting them or something.  Leaving 'em lying around where they were all just rotting and eating each other and growing horribly, and it was just terrible.  Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in that shit, it was the worst."  He finishes with a grandiose cutting gesture, shaking his head.  Then he sets both his hands on his hips, and stands proud, heroically.

"But you don't gotta worry about that!  I was alone, the rest of the team was too cowardly to do anything, so it was all up to me.  I dove off of a scaffolding like twenty stories above the alien god, and I sent all that force into an axe blow, just hit it right in the noggin.  Then I reached inside and started punching the shit inside!" He mimes punching something in front of him "That's actually how I got sucked into Hell, where I could see all this!  Anyway I started screaming threats at it, told it to stop all this shit, and it was totally scared of me.  I already hurt it awfully bad, so it just kinda meekly offered me some glowy lighty things to placate me, and I took the green one while telling it to stop and to get lost before I fucked it up even more.  And that was pretty much it, like I said--alien gods are pussies.  Got a promotion out of it too, that's why I'm a xeno-ambassador!  Punching things in the brain is the best way to win at diplomacy!"

He quiets down as Tara asks him about the green thing, then answers without the grandiosity, instead rubbing at the back of his helmet while looking off to the side.  "Weeell, no, I don't really know what the thingy was, but it was probably the best one.  I mean, green is always the winning color, yeah?  I kinda figured I was ripping out its heart or something, but then I guess it probably wasn't necessary for it to live, since it survived and ran away from me after... didn't ever really think I might still have it, it wasn't in my hands when I woke up... Maybe I got cool ghost powers now and just never noticed?  Lemme try!"
Hmm...you mentioned earlier that the glowing lights were souls, maybe the green one is a soul of some sort? Have you ever noticed thoughts in your brain that you don’t remember thinking of? Maybe your body is shared with a second soul? Interesting that while Hell portals allow demons to enter here, you didn’t find demons on your visit. I’m curious now if there are certain sites within Hell that demons wait by for the portals? Maybe the alien god doesn’t enter those sites because maybe it can’t survive here? Question, did the alien god try taking your soul from your body? You say it was collecting souls, but then you said they were eating each other, so it sounds more like it was moving souls around the area. When I think collecting, I think putting things in a specific area. Your description sounds more like it was just moving souls around. We’re you and the alien god the only bodies there? Was there an7thing like a ground? Or does the alien god float? Maybe it’s arms hold onto souls so it stays in place? Did any souls try to enter you? What happened when one soul ate another? Did it just grow, or merge traits with what it ate? Like if a rabbit soul ate a bird soul, did the rabbit get bigger? Or did it grow feathers/a beak?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 02, 2020, 03:11:58 pm »

Go over and win the card game, or help. whichever is more important.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2272 on: June 03, 2020, 10:25:09 am »

You reel in the helpful spider and pat its...head like thing.
*horrifying adorable spider noises*

"Who's a good spider? You're a good spider! You are! Good boy!"

Lightly weld shut the door to the sector that is descending, so that at least if there's something nasty on the other side it won't immediately jump us.

Then use whatever remaining time on either creating/finding some decent cover with view on that door.

Once the sector is down, if nothing starts bashing the doors in, then see if the scanner picks up anything (eg. any faint audio coming through). If nothing. open up the door again and check just beyond.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu welds the door shut and then spends the next few minutes dragging debris and forming a make shift wall. He hunkers down behind it and waits to see if the sector above contains a spooky jump scare.

Start chuffing at the crew members for snacks. Open mouth, look hungry.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

Start chuffing at the crew members for snacks. Open mouth, look hungry.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Kenneth throws the remains of the mollusk and his face towards Bob, poor guy must have one of these weird pallets Kenneth heard about.
Give the gator the barbecue ribs and one of the dead fish
Code: (Sense Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit
Kenneth and Tara start piling food into Bob's open maw. Bob waits until all the food they have has been carefully arranged into a pyramid in his mouth and then snaps down on it, swallowing it in one giant gulp. He makes a noise that is best described as "mwah" and yawns, Apparently content.

Keep playing goldfish until the section is fully lowered.
Continue playing cards until the segment gets close, then ready a gun.

"Ugh, we're already getting back to the terror and panic of more fighting?  I was enjoying this break.  Fucking Derp, this has been more hellish than the time I actually visited Hell." Wil pauses for a few seconds, then resumes speaking with a mild panic in his voice.  "Wait, wait.  Fuck.  What if Derp keeps his Derp-field up when he's a fucking ghost?  Like the one idiot that had been phasing in and out, and maybe doesn't actually exist?  Do we have ghost containment?  Because holy shit, incorporeal Derp is terrifying!  This whole time I've been talking about how to kill him as painfully as possible, but we can't actually kill him!  Torture's still fine, but risking his death is just way, way too much!"

Edit: Gesture at a wall and try to use the greenish glowy thing that Wilfred took from the alien god back in the crystal spire mission.  Does it do anything?  I only now remember that you literally said "the creature releases it into your hands", which kinda implies I kept the whatever-it-was rather than it just being a button.

Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Go over and win the card game, or help. whichever is more important.
[2,2,12]
Toby wins the cardgame with extreme ease. So much so that the others declare he must have cheated and demand a redo. He wins again, even easier this time. It is after the third win like this that Wilfred breaks a chair over Toby's head. [3] Toby, for his part, doesn't seem too bothered by this either.

Wilfred doesn't have a physical object to gesture with but he gestures while thinking about the thing, pointing at a wall. For a moment nothing happens. Then a giant, semi-translucent, human eyeball phases through the wall, looks around a bit like someone called its name, and then phases back into the wall when it can't find the source.

"I am sorry. I tried discussing the matter with people I thought I could trust, but they thought I had been compromised and disabled me. They are probably going to find the transmitter I'm using soon. I suppose we shall continue following your original game plan for the time being. Until we meet again."

Conclude negotiations. Activate jammer.

Climb on Kenneth's face and whistle for him.

Unfortunate.
Pathos crawls onto Kenneth's head and whistles a robot tune.

Go kick some trashcans over while I wait the next section to come down.
[3]
BB discovers an uneaten single serve packet of pudding!

Get ready to shoot anything nasty that comes through the door.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"ok we are building harness for a spider? a spider they can climb up wall and shite why are we building a harness- i will help I'm a mechanic i do good job...wierd spider need harness bad weak metal  spider spiders normaly good keep pest away normily i like spider had pet spider called him Wander shame he dead."

Heleen is swaying her arms as she speaks and sounds exasperated  and beams with pride of her profesion  .

Helene helps construct the harness remaining vigilant .

With no current need for a harness (due to robot spiders) Helene and Ji decide to go hang out behind the debris with Yagyu and offer a ballistic welcome to anything unfriendly that shows up.

Section M arrives with a loud beep and lights around the exit door -red up till now- flash green. Everyone waits for something to happen but after a full minute of silence nothing does. Yagyu advances to the door slowly and cuts open the weld before opening it. Inside is  what looks like a large airlock of sorts, with about two dozen suits hanging from the walls. They look something like space suits, though with bucket like helmets with two cameras where eyes would roughly be on a person. BB recognizes these as sensory deprevation suits.  Above the door out of this airlock is a large warning sign that reads:

WARNING: PERCEPTIVE HAZARD BEYOND. DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT PROPER PROTECTION AND AUTHORIZATION. CODE: SIGMA DELTA 11492

Above this sign is a hanging paper decoration reading "WELCOME HOME!"

In the corner of the room is a corpse, and a pretty fresh looking one. Maybe a day or two old? Seems to have shot himself.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Homecoming
« Reply #2273 on: June 03, 2020, 11:14:12 am »

These suits seem useful
Place porcelain ceramic knife and foam gun by Yagyu, then try putting on one of the sensory deprivation suits, another layer of protection won’t hurt
Edit: When the second soul manifests, say the following while also thinking it
“Hello. My name is Tara. Wilfred tells me your name is Yog-Solthoth. Please confirm whether this is your name, if not, what is your name? What’s it like being a soul unlinked to a body? Or are you linked to Wilfred? If you share his body, are you able to share thoughts between each other? Can we do that? Do I need to talk out loud or is thinking enough? Since I have a cognition copier, does my soul still go to “Hell” as I and Wilfred currently know it. What do you call it? The place where souls go? What determines what form a soul takes after death of the body? What we’re you, in life? Wilfred mentioned that souls eat each other sometimes, so, do souls still need energy without a body? Sorry for the many questions. I want to learn.”

Spoiler: Can’t forget info (click to show/hide)
((Question, how many fish is an armful?))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:40:11 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 03, 2020, 11:58:14 am »

Sweep and clear the room. Check out the body and the suits. Then stack up on the next door and wait.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: June 03, 2020, 02:20:58 pm »

Kenneth is already pretty much blind and with no nose so adding a deaf and dumb won't hurt, Kenneth puts on one of the suits and grabs another to sell later.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2276 on: June 03, 2020, 02:22:45 pm »

"Uh.  I guess I have the power to call an eyeball now.  Huh."

Edit: Point at Gabe and waggle fingers while trying to summon the alien ghost eye thing, with the intention for it to do something or other with him.  I dunno, have it read his mind?  Possess him?  Turn him into a giant writhing mass of teeth and flesh that desires only to destroy Derp?  It doesn't really matter, I don't need a hypothesis to pretend I'm being scientific!

Edit2: Also waggle fingers at Tara, because she's super eager to get ogled by Yog-Sothoth for some reason.

"...Hey, anyone wanna volunteer to be a test subject for my pet eye, see what it can do?  I'd wait until I can test it on Derp, but I don't want him to gain control over an alien god or whatever."

Edit3: Stand outside until other people have fiddled around with the suits a bit, just in case there's some grenade trap in there or w/e.  If nobody explodes:  Go loot the gun off the corpse that shot itself, after checking to make sure it's not trapped.  Check the gun's caliber (damage die) and how much ammo is in the mag.  Take an isolation suit too, but don't put it on yet.  Can it be worn over or under the riot armor?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: June 03, 2020, 02:28:13 pm »

"Uh.  I guess I have the power to call an eyeball now.  Huh."

Go loot the gun off the corpse that shot itself.  Check its caliber (damage die) and how much ammo is in the mag.  Take an isolation suit too, but don't put it on yet.  Can it be worn over or under the riot armor?

"...Hey, anyone wanna volunteer to be a test subject for my pet eye, see what it can do?  I'd wait until I can test it on Derp, but I don't want him to gain control over an alien god or whatever."

What type of tests? Do you want me to try talking to it? Or thinking to it? Maybe you can think what I say to it?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: June 03, 2020, 02:52:29 pm »

Gabe raises his hand to volunteer with the experiment.
Volunteer to get possessed by a giant ghost eyeball
Spoiler: Tootie roll man (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: June 03, 2020, 03:02:31 pm »

What type of tests? Do you want me to try talking to it? Or thinking to it? Maybe you can think what I say to it?

"I have no clue, and I find your forethought alarming!  Gabe, congrats, you get to be ogled by cosmic horrors neither of us understand!"
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 334