Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441820 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2355 on: June 25, 2020, 07:02:44 pm »

3D printer, you say? You know what that means! 3D print a live kitten to wear as a hat! Installed weaponry is optional.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Killjoys~
« Reply #2356 on: June 26, 2020, 04:59:26 am »

(Well shit I got dead again, I'm hopping this doesn't become a tradition where I die constantly.)

Spoiler: TRYING AGAIN (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2357 on: June 27, 2020, 06:24:21 am »

(Well shit I got dead again, I'm hopping this doesn't become a tradition where I die constantly.)

Again?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 27, 2020, 02:32:23 pm »

Standing action: DO NOT GO NEAR THE BEEPING OR THAT HALLWAY EVER UNTIL TOLD OTHERWISE.

With that out of the way, look around a bit in that gun workshop. Anything usable in there? Perhaps if I were to finish repairing/assembling some of them? Or could some be combined perhaps into a functional item?

Then check if there is a way forward that doesn't require moving through the hallway with the turret. Make sure to wave a stick or whatever around each corner before passing it in case there are more turrets.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 27, 2020, 02:55:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (Sensory Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Shoot foam into the room quickly at random, hoping to shoot the turret, then quickly go back behind the wall

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2360 on: June 29, 2020, 08:47:32 am »

Shoot foam into the room quickly at random, hoping to shoot the turret, then quickly go back behind the wall
[4,6,3][goop tank to d6]
Tara sticks her goop sprayer around the corner and proceeds to fire blind, draining a significant portion of the tank down the hall.  She waits a few seconds after doing this and listens. The beep is still there, though very muffled. She waves her hand quickly into the hall and yanks it back, but there is no burst of high speed metal, no teeth rattling impact, nothing.

Hmm.

Burt squared wanders into the scene, already writing his will.

Does the map show this section's control room or some other place that could be used to shut down the turret? Any way to reach it that doesn't go through that turret? If yes, then move that way in the hopes that I'll find some way to turn the turret off there. Else it's probably best to wait for the others to find some way to either bypass it or turn off its power or destroy it or something.

[5] Pathos, when he thinks about it, is pretty sure that, judging on Yagyu's warning, this turret is a "placed" Turret. Ie a self contained unit designed to be set up somewhere and function autonomously. Accessing it is gonna be hard without physically accessing the turret itself.

Standing action: DO NOT GO NEAR THE BEEPING OR THAT HALLWAY EVER UNTIL TOLD OTHERWISE.

With that out of the way, look around a bit in that gun workshop. Anything usable in there? Perhaps if I were to finish repairing/assembling some of them? Or could some be combined perhaps into a functional item?

Then check if there is a way forward that doesn't require moving through the hallway with the turret. Make sure to wave a stick or whatever around each corner before passing it in case there are more turrets.

A quick check seems to indicate that the other hall, the one with the machine shop, is not being squatted by an angry metal pitching machine and thus might be a reasonable way forward.

[6][3]
Yagyu finds what he is pretty sure is a partially disassembled "Pinpoint" carbine sitting on a work bench. It looks like they were modifying it somehow.

Do a thorough search for traps, clues, and off course anything valuable that isn't nailed down.

How hard would it be to use these tools to build a weapon before we move on?

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji searches the machine room for valuables and gun bits. Almost everything here is bolted down or just plain not exactly easy to resell.  I mean, a set of adjustable wrenches is nice and all if you're doing mechanical work but in terms of value to weight they're basically crap. She does however find an OMNITECH Personnel mine sitting on a table.

In terms of building a weapon...she thinks she might be able to assemble something but there's not a lot parts around, just a lot of tools. She'd likely only be able to assemble one weapon.

Kenneth searches for anything not nailed down that is also valuable. But not before slapping the prototype parts together in an attempt to make a cool new gun.

[1]
Kenneth digs around in a pile of scrap and immediately holds something up in triumph.

"Hey guys! I found an overloading nuclear power cell!" He says, shaking the silvery brick as it begins to leak glowing green fumes and visibly heat up.

3D printer, you say? You know what that means! 3D print a live kitten to wear as a hat! Installed weaponry is optional.

[2]
Bob slaps the 3d printer with his tail. Sadly this results only in it beeping at him in apparent indignant confusion. He growls at it and stamps all 4 feet in protest of his lack of furry hat.

To sum up: A few people found intact or disassembled weapons in the machine shop. Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell. These are not prototype weapons, just things that were being tinkered with. Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell.  There are prototype parts enough to make a single prototype weapon in that machine shop.  Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2361 on: June 29, 2020, 09:06:42 am »

Running Running Running! Cover Cover Cover! AAAAA-

Should the 'Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell.' situation get resolved this turn without me ending up in giblets, then try to repair/reassamble that carbine if I can.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:24:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 29, 2020, 11:40:06 am »

Hey Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell!...OH SHIT KNNETH FOUND AN OVERLOADING NUCLEAR POWER CELL!!!

Kenneth yeets it into the direction of the turret before booking it to the next sector if none of the eggheads try to disarm it.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 11:47:14 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 29, 2020, 11:52:27 am »

Run as far away from where Kenneth is throwing the overloading nuclear power cell, run to wherever the others are headed, if they are also running away from the overloaded nuclear power cell

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 29, 2020, 12:13:09 pm »

Get as far from the power cell as humanly Robotically possible.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:27:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 29, 2020, 12:54:04 pm »

Gently (emphasis on quickly) take the overloading nuclear power cell from Kenneth. Repair or consume, and waddle away from the group, out of the sector the way we came. Ifsomeone raises the sector clear of the hallway, drop down into the shaft, for maximum splat and a possibly very entertaining ride for everyone in the potato gun sector. If no one provides Bob a comical exit path, just waddle as far away as possible and death roll in a corner somewhere.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 30, 2020, 06:00:30 am »

"Oh god why!"
Just fucking run!
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2367 on: July 02, 2020, 05:13:13 am »

Run away towards the sector we came from. Close all doors between me and the power cell, activate sprinklers, dump foam and generally try to mitigate the danger as much as I can through my poor compu-global-hyper-mega-net access.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 02, 2020, 08:54:15 am »

Get away from the man with nuclear device, ASAP.
If safe distance is reached, go hang out with yagyu while he repairs the thing. Maybe look around for anything interesting to loot/inspect.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2369 on: July 02, 2020, 10:20:01 am »

Gently (emphasis on quickly) take the overloading nuclear power cell from Kenneth. Repair or consume, and waddle away from the group, out of the sector the way we came. Ifsomeone raises the sector clear of the hallway, drop down into the shaft, for maximum splat and a possibly very entertaining ride for everyone in the potato gun sector. If no one provides Bob a comical exit path, just waddle as far away as possible and death roll in a corner somewhere.
[9]
Bob slaps the overloading nuclear power cell out of Kenneth's hands and onto the floor. He then carefully lines up his tail and gives the power cell a single hard whack.  Almost immediately the cell begins to cool, the worrying high pitched whine it had been making now dulling into silence.  Bob turns round and examines the cell before nodding sagaciously.  He then swallows the cell in a single bite and waddles out of the room.

Everyone else kind of just stares at the doorway, flabbergasted.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 334