Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451263 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2370 on: July 02, 2020, 10:28:50 am »

Try to repair/reassamble that carbine if I can.

Then see how we would go about assembling that prototype you mentioned. Should we just try to build it, and then you decide what (if anything) it does, or should we tell you whatflavor of deathtube we are aiming for?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:01:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 02, 2020, 02:41:48 pm »

Well that was a waste of time, time for Kenneth to look for another nuclar power cell then, this time one that's not overloading
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 02, 2020, 03:45:51 pm »

Be alive
Spoiler: Gabe toots (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2373 on: July 02, 2020, 04:38:12 pm »

Contented Alligator noisesTM. Contemplate powering  a 3d printed cat with malfunctioning thermonulear devices. And wearing it as a hat.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 03, 2020, 01:01:29 am »

Check ahead for threats
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 03, 2020, 04:13:45 am »

"Someone oughtta go back and collect some of that... bad shitty fuck-air.  Bring it along... ugh, bring it along and make Derp breath it.  God, fuck this, fuck Derp, he should suffer, not me... I killed a god, I got cool necromancy powers out of it, why the fucking-fuck do I gotta... fucking... bastard..."

Sit in a corner and groan about life sucking and how everything is Derp's fault and he deserves to die.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 03, 2020, 07:07:44 am »

"Thank god, I guess I'll live to die in some horrible way later."
Go to the work shop and dig trough a scrap pile and the trash for any loot I can find.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Killjoys~
« Reply #2377 on: July 03, 2020, 10:30:05 am »

Code: (Sensory Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Search for a door to the next section

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 05, 2020, 05:17:16 pm »

Stick with yagyu while he repairs the thing. Maybe look around for anything interesting to loot/inspect but don't wander out of range from Yagyu.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2379 on: July 05, 2020, 06:33:30 pm »

"If one of you could find/make/offer some grenades/explosives/rockets I could make it worth your time/effort/while."

Check recent logs to see if anything that we should worry about was checked-out/is missing. Might help us be more careful if we know we should be on the lookout for e.g. motion-triggered mines.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2380 on: July 06, 2020, 07:07:32 am »

Try to repair/reassamble that carbine if I can.

Then see how we would go about assembling that prototype you mentioned. Should we just try to build it, and then you decide what (if anything) it does, or should we tell you whatflavor of deathtube we are aiming for?

Yagyu attempts to cobble the carbine together using mostly chewing gum and determination...it doesn't really work. For better or worse the chewing gum refuses to stick to the metal so he ends up with gunparts and gum instead of a "chewing gun".

The prototype isn't determined by desire, it simply is. Restore its true form and you will become the king! Or you'll have a new weapon. You know. One of the other.

Well that was a waste of time, time for Kenneth to look for another nuclar power cell then, this time one that's not overloading
[3]
Kenneth finds an overloading nuclear power cell. Neat!

Be alive
Spoiler: Gabe toots (click to show/hide)
Yes. Gabe is alive. Medically speaking at least. Not sure about socially.

Contented Alligator noisesTM. Contemplate powering  a 3d printed cat with malfunctioning thermonulear devices. And wearing it as a hat.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
[3] Bob thinks that a nuclear powered cat would be feasible, if overkill. He also thinks there might be a specific UN law against that very thing after the tokyo incident, but those worry warts never let anyone have any fun.

"Someone oughtta go back and collect some of that... bad shitty fuck-air.  Bring it along... ugh, bring it along and make Derp breath it.  God, fuck this, fuck Derp, he should suffer, not me... I killed a god, I got cool necromancy powers out of it, why the fucking-fuck do I gotta... fucking... bastard..."

Sit in a corner and groan about life sucking and how everything is Derp's fault and he deserves to die.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
Wilfred wedges himself in the corner of the machine shop and grumbles half heartedly about his desire to murder their target in a variety of ways. He looks a little green and unwell, but doesn't seem to be dying or anything.

"Thank god, I guess I'll live to die in some horrible way later."
Go to the work shop and dig trough a scrap pile and the trash for any loot I can find.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt discovers a mysterious remote control. Its basically nothing more than a black metal box with an antenna and a comically large red button. Its not labeled as to what it does or where it connects to.

Stick with yagyu while he repairs the thing. Maybe look around for anything interesting to loot/inspect but don't wander out of range from Yagyu.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[5]
Richter discovers a small bottle of OMNI "Universal Glue".  Its a bright red bottle with a thin tip designed to be squeezed to dispense single drops of the fluid within. It says "BONDS ANYTHING TO ANYTHING ELSE, INSTANTLY!" on the side, along with about 10,000 words of warning in a font that seems like it might just be legible to protozoa, if they squint.

"If one of you could find/make/offer some grenades/explosives/rockets I could make it worth your time/effort/while."

Check recent logs to see if anything that we should worry about was checked-out/is missing. Might help us be more careful if we know we should be on the lookout for e.g. motion-triggered mines.

Pathos searches about for a list of objects that have been "signed out" of the room but finds nothing of the sort. He does find about 2 dozen passive aggressive sticky notes that form a back and forth argument about misplaced tools though.

Code: (Sensory Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Search for a door to the next section
Check ahead for threats
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

Ji and Tara head down the hall a bit and find...something very theatrical. Maybe halfway down this hall towards the next section they find what can only be described as a movie style laser security grid. Its a length of hall maybe 30 feet long that is absolutely packed with visible red laser trip wires in a dense and complex pattern. The sort of thing a lithe super robber would be gymnastic'ing through while tense music played. As per the consequences to tripping one of the lasers...thats not immediately obvious. There are no land mines or similar items glued to the walls, the lasers come from small metal nubs and don't appear to be connected to anything at all, even each other.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Mission Improbable
« Reply #2381 on: July 06, 2020, 09:48:02 am »

The prototype isn't determined by desire, it simply is. Restore its true form and you will become the king! Or you'll have a new weapon. You know. One of the other.

Well, let's try that then! Use a toolkit charge if it would help.

Yagyu attempts to cobble the carbine together using mostly chewing gum and determination...it doesn't really work. For better or worse the chewing gum refuses to stick to the metal so he ends up with gunparts and gum instead of a "chewing gun".

Since it seems to have failed without any rolls involved, is this your way of telling me I have to use a toolkit charge to even be allowed an attempt? If yes, try again, using a toolkit charge. If no, what would I need to find/do then? Do I need some of that glue that Richter found?

Am I allowed another attempt? If yes, use a toolkit charge on it. If not, is there a way to earn a retry (eg. by finding some more parts somewhere else)?

"I have some mining explosives. Can I ask what you would need it for before I hand it over though?"

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:22:52 am by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2382 on: July 06, 2020, 12:18:02 pm »

Pathos gives Yagyu as much of a deadpan look as is possible for a mechanical spider before raising his manipulator arms in the imitation of a shrug.
"Exploding things, of course!" he states like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 06, 2020, 12:55:40 pm »

Returning the deadpan, Yagyu responds:
"Are you planning to explode me, my stuff, our teammates or our objective?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2384 on: July 06, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »

"I assure you that I am not planning to do so, at least not right now. Though that would be an interesting idea. I could install explosives in all of them and then send them running towards the enemy. That would be fun. Kind of a waste of good meatshields though. Hmm. Maybe just the ones that keep dying."
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 334