Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451171 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Mission Improbable
« Reply #2400 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:05 am »

The prototype isn't determined by desire, it simply is. Restore its true form and you will become the king! Or you'll have a new weapon. You know. One of the other.

Well, let's try that then! Use a toolkit charge if it would help.

Yagyu attempts to cobble the carbine together using mostly chewing gum and determination...it doesn't really work. For better or worse the chewing gum refuses to stick to the metal so he ends up with gunparts and gum instead of a "chewing gun".

Since it seems to have failed without any rolls involved, is this your way of telling me I have to use a toolkit charge to even be allowed an attempt? If yes, try again, using a toolkit charge. If no, what would I need to find/do then? Do I need some of that glue that Richter found?

Am I allowed another attempt? If yes, use a toolkit charge on it. If not, is there a way to earn a retry (eg. by finding some more parts somewhere else)?

"If one of you could find/make/offer some grenades/explosives/rockets I could make it worth your time/effort/while."

"I have some mining explosives. Can I ask what you would need it for before I hand it over though?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[1 2]
[6]
The carbine comes together without the use of a toolkit charge, but the prototype resists completion even with the use of a charge. Yagyu begins to see why it is here, unfinished. It is a devilish thing, a riddle for the ages. Also He can't find a hex wrench!

Yagyu walks up to Pathos, puts one hand on a spidershoulder, leans in closer, and replies:

"Then go explode things, spiderfriend. By Jove, explode them good."

Pathos can have one (1) mining explosive. 1! Not 2! Not 3! Not 0! But 1.

"Oh! And remember how you said you'd make it worth my while? I anxiously yet dreadfully await to find out what that means!"

Yagyu hands the pyromaniac robot spider a single mining  explosive. For a moment the phrase "If you give a mouse a cookie" echoes in his mind. He's not sure why.

Well that's one thing down on Kenneth's list, it's time for Kenneth to look for more shinies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2]
Kenneth, much to the relief of his teammates, finds absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. No treasure, no horrible demons.
Nothing at all
Nothing at all
Nothing at all

Go back and 3d print something to cheer Wilfred up. I know! A comically oversized black tophat! Power it with conventional energy systems instead of nuclear ones for now.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
[2]
Bob hits the printer with his tail while imagining a traditional, diesel powered top hat. Nothing special, maybe just a 6 cylinder. However the 3d printer apparently does not respond to his delicate touch in the same way nuclear power cells do and remains stubbornly inactive.

Ignore everything around me and push the button.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Code: (Sensory Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Tara heads back to the lasers and
Throws some dead fish at them to see if anything’s done to the fish

Hmmm, could a chihuahua sized creature fit between the beams? Also, can I tell just by looking whether or not these might just be the “cut your ass into pieces” lasers?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[1v6]
Burt presses the button. Unfortunately, roughly 15 seconds before he does so, Tara attempts a fish based investigation of the lasers. As soon as she touches one of them, they all go out in an instant and a distant beeping begins. The source of the beeping is unknown to everyone for the moment.

Likely this will change in time.

Find a way to sneak up to the gooped deployable autoturret (maybe through the vents) and then either turn it off or make it consider us friendly, preferably the second one. Then hand it over to Yagyu in exchange for his beautiful boombooms.

The turret is, as it turns out, completely encased in foam, so working on it is currently a bit difficult for Pathos. Carrying it is also difficult as he is a tiny robot spider and not a big strong human with their big veiny throbbing...arms. Also its pretty firmly stuck to the floor like discarded ballistic chewing gum. Hmph.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 09, 2020, 09:01:35 am »

"Do any of you hear a beeping all of a sudden?"

Was there any ammo for the carbine as well, by any chance? Either way, take the various parts of the prototype thingie, perhaps we can try again later.

Go collect the inventory of the guy who got shot up by the turret before, no reason to let it go to waste I suppose.

Does everyone hear that beeping? If yes, carefully go and investigate.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:40:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 09, 2020, 10:20:50 am »

Get back to the team ASAP and tell them about the lasers and the fish. If there's time before imminent horrors emerge, do a cursory search of the room with the turret in it.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2403 on: July 09, 2020, 11:54:52 am »

It won't give me a hat
It won't give me a cat
it won't give me a cat
that is a hat
this machine now go splat
Engage in fisticuffs with the useless 3d printer.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 09, 2020, 02:09:26 pm »

STUPID EMPTY ROOM! Kenneth unloads his primal rage towards the printer alongside Bob. That will teach it to not give Kenneth money for nothing, stupid non-sentient object.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 10, 2020, 06:47:49 am »

"Damn thing didn't do shit, must be broken."
Go find the rest of the group, and push the button again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2406 on: July 11, 2020, 05:17:45 am »

[insert joker hospital gif here]

Go fix the beeping. Unless the beeping is caused by another autoturret. In that case let someone else fix the beeping.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 12, 2020, 05:00:12 pm »

Stick around Yagyu. Unless he goes to investigate, than follow but from a safe distance
Try to use my human bits to make a separate hand that I can control, like Thing from the Addams family. If succesful, try it out and see how easy or hard it is to control from a distance.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Killjoys~
« Reply #2408 on: July 12, 2020, 07:46:35 pm »

Walk where the lasers used to be, try to find a door to the next sector or a new room
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:16:18 am by Naturegirl1999 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2409 on: July 13, 2020, 08:55:54 am »

Go stumble towards this sector's control room, while muttering about violence against Derp.  Try not to step in front of any turrets or lasers.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2410 on: July 13, 2020, 10:33:39 am »

STUPID EMPTY ROOM! Kenneth unloads his primal rage towards the printer alongside Bob. That will teach it to not give Kenneth money for nothing, stupid non-sentient object.

It won't give me a hat
It won't give me a cat
it won't give me a cat
that is a hat
this machine now go splat
Engage in fisticuffs with the useless 3d printer.

[6,7]
Bob and Kenneth both violently assault the 3d printer. This results in a broken 3d printer to the surprise of no one.

"Do any of you hear a beeping all of a sudden?"

Was there any ammo for the carbine as well, by any chance? Either way, take the various parts of the prototype thingie, perhaps we can try again later.

Go collect the inventory of the guy who got shot up by the turret before, no reason to let it go to waste I suppose.

Does everyone hear that beeping? If yes, carefully go and investigate.

Yagyu, disappointed with a lack of ammo for his new gun, collects corpse stuff and prototype parts before joining the team in exploring the mysterious beeping.

Go stumble towards this sector's control room, while muttering about violence against Derp.  Try not to step in front of any turrets or lasers.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
[4]
Wilfred meanders about, stumbling through the halls and somehow ends up at the control room for the sector. Its locked, as you'd expect, but he somehow made it there without running into further resistance. He's not even sure how he got there. It seems to have been some kind of fugue state. Hmmm.

Stick around Yagyu. Unless he goes to investigate, than follow but from a safe distance
Try to use my human bits to make a separate hand that I can control, like Thing from the Addams family. If succesful, try it out and see how easy or hard it is to control from a distance.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[5]
Richter finds he can in fact create a "thing". He can't send it off on its own, so he has to run a "cord" of nerves behind it in order to keep control of it. He sticks an eye on one of its fingers so he can see through it.

Get back to the team ASAP and tell them about the lasers and the fish. If there's time before imminent horrors emerge, do a cursory search of the room with the turret in it.
[insert joker hospital gif here]

Go fix the beeping. Unless the beeping is caused by another autoturret. In that case let someone else fix the beeping.

Walk where the lasers used to be, try to find a door to the next sector or a new room

The murder ball, lead by Tara due to circumstance, rolls past the former laser grid on the way to the sector exit. As they roll along, the beeping gets louder until the source of it rolls around a corner about 35 (10 meters) away. The first thing that rolls out is a pair of armored treads, followed by some kind of rough skeleton of steel and pistons topped with an oversized camera head at the top of a stubby neck. And on either side of the steel frame torso are a pair of mounted miniguns.  Somewhere from in the armored torso a speaker announces

"HALT. IDENTIFICATION PLEASE"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2411 on: July 13, 2020, 10:42:07 am »

((Oh cool. A T-1))

Attempt to provide identification.

Should things go south, use spider speed to jump onto the robot's head so that it won't be able to shoot me. Then either plug into it and hack into it to gain control over it/disable it or, if it's not possible to hack it, use mechanics skill to cut whatever looks important to blind/disable it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Killjoys~
« Reply #2412 on: July 13, 2020, 10:54:46 am »

”Tara. OMNITECH employee.”Provide further identification as needed

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 13, 2020, 02:29:43 pm »

Get out of the way until negotiations conclude.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 13, 2020, 04:27:43 pm »

[Headcrab noises]
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 334