Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441869 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Mission Improbable
« Reply #2415 on: July 13, 2020, 04:57:32 pm »

Kenneth tries to find his ID so the big robot man doesn't turn Kenneth into swiss cheese. Kenneth hates swiss cheese.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2416 on: July 13, 2020, 08:04:24 pm »

Waddle along to where teh noise is. Gurgle a greeting to the Securibot, then waddle along beyond, to the next sector.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: July 14, 2020, 04:37:05 am »

"Oh fuck, there's a killer robot."
Show my ID, also PUSH THE BUTTON SOME MORE.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 14, 2020, 09:47:29 am »

Do we each need to identify ourselves individually?

If yes: identify myself as Yagyu d'Aubigny, Hazardous Materials Reclamation Crew and repairman.
If no: let others do the talking for now, try to shimmy over to some cover while they do so (if possible to do subtly).

Should things go fubar, focus on getting into cover.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:49:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2419 on: July 16, 2020, 12:58:32 am »

The door into the control room is locked?  Well unlock it then.  Hacking powers to the max!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 16, 2020, 09:59:39 am »

Stick with Yagyu. Identify myself if asked, otherwise stay silent. Just try not to stick out, I guess. Be ready to scram to cover if things come to shooting.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2421 on: July 16, 2020, 10:34:06 am »

The door into the control room is locked?  Well unlock it then.  Hacking powers to the max!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
[10]
Wilfred opens the door. He opens the door so hard the electric motors driving it overload from the strain of trying to open the door past 100% open and destroy themselves. And then catch fire.  Which isn't a big deal, since they're in the substructure of the walls...but its a thing. He meanders in, grabs a desk chair, spins it around and sits at the console with the chair backwards, like some sort of hip 90's character. This greatly impedes him using the console...but its fine. Whatever.

((Oh cool. A T-1))

Attempt to provide identification.

Should things go south, use spider speed to jump onto the robot's head so that it won't be able to shoot me. Then either plug into it and hack into it to gain control over it/disable it or, if it's not possible to hack it, use mechanics skill to cut whatever looks important to blind/disable it.

[4]
Pathos wirelessly beams his ID number to the robot. The robot beeps and rumbles "ACKNOWLEDGED"

Code: (Sensory Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
”Tara. OMNITECH employee.”Provide further identification as needed
[4] Tara tells the robot her ID number, struggling a bit to remember all 256 digits but manages. The robot accepts the response with an "Acknowledged".

Kenneth tries to find his ID so the big robot man doesn't turn Kenneth into swiss cheese. Kenneth hates swiss cheese.

[4] Kenneth, despite having no face anymore, digs out his laminated ID card and flicks it at the robot. The card bounces off the robot's exoskeleton with a dull clink and then flutters to the ground. After a few seconds the robot, surprisingly responds with "Acknowledged" instead of high speed lead.

Waddle along to where teh noise is. Gurgle a greeting to the Securibot, then waddle along beyond, to the next sector.

[3]
Bob waddles up to the robot, grumbles at it in a reptilian fashion, and then squeezes past it in the tight hall. The robot, to its credit, simply says "Good morning, Professor". before letting Bob pass.

"Oh fuck, there's a killer robot."
Show my ID, also PUSH THE BUTTON SOME MORE.
[3][3]
Burt Burt presents a phone sex hotline number as his id and a packet of matches has his ID card. The Robot reads these as "Inconclusive" and trains one minigun on his head. It tells him to wait there while his case is reviewed. He continues to press the button the whole time.

Do we each need to identify ourselves individually?

If yes: identify myself as Yagyu d'Aubigny, Hazardous Materials Reclamation Crew and repairman.
If no: let others do the talking for now, try to shimmy over to some cover while they do so (if possible to do subtly).

Should things go fubar, focus on getting into cover.

[5]
Yagyu rattles off his ID number and the robot "Acknowledges" it near instantly. Easy.

Stick with Yagyu. Identify myself if asked, otherwise stay silent. Just try not to stick out, I guess. Be ready to scram to cover if things come to shooting.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[4]
Richter raps his entire ID number to the tune of "Gangster Paradise". The robot accepts this but is quick to add that such things are not required. Not for his security level at least.

Get out of the way until negotiations conclude.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"IDENTIFICATION" the robot says, training its other minigun at Ji's head. This time the demand isn't as polite.

"ACKNOWLEDGED ID HOLDERS ARE FREE TO MOVE ABOUT THE SECTOR." The robot announces, far too loudly. "CASE #4975-2309476230, for employee name : Ohio Blue Tip Strike on Pack Matches 30 count, has been decided. Identification inadequate."
[2][3v6]
Burt Burt looks away from the button long enough to say "Huh?" before the robot proceeds to place about half a dozen rounds into his person. Luckily for him most seem to only graze or otherwise cause painful but non-serious injuries. He does, however, take one straight through the left lung and drops to the ground, suffocating and bleeding out.

And still pressing the button.

"Warning Shot administered. Identification, please."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:43:07 am by piecewise »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2422 on: July 16, 2020, 02:50:53 pm »

Go ahead and show my ID now.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 16, 2020, 02:51:51 pm »

Well sucks to be Bob Bob. Kenneth tries to apply the Heimlich maneuver on Burt Bob Burt Bob to save his life, that's what you usually do when someone gets shot in the lung right?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2424 on: July 16, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »

Walk behind the big robot friend. Then jump onto it and find a place where I can plug in so I can have surprise robot buttsex take control of it and use it to carry me around.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: July 17, 2020, 04:42:52 am »

"Oh shit I've been shot, and this stupid button does nothing!"
Throw anything I have that might be considered ID at the robot, and keep pushing the button hopping it does something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Killjoys~
« Reply #2426 on: July 17, 2020, 07:40:24 am »

I need a med kit
Attempt to fix Burt’s lung and stop his bleeding

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2427 on: July 17, 2020, 02:34:29 pm »

Bob waddles forward, until he meets a person or object of interest, at which point he will stop and gurgle at the object or person of interest.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: July 19, 2020, 05:30:10 am »

Does it seem at all likely that administering first aid to the bloke who hasn't identified himself yet would be cause for offense to the robot?

If not, use some goop to stem the worst f the bleeding for Burt. Be sure to stand out of the line of fire at all times in case the brobot remains angry.

Either way, after that move on and search for the exit of this sector to the next one.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2429 on: July 20, 2020, 09:21:06 am »

Go ahead and show my ID now.
[4] Ji digs a laminated card out of her bag and shows it to the robot. The robot makes an initial objection that it does not resemble the current holder, but then after doing a records check decides it is acceptable.

Walk behind the big robot friend. Then jump onto it and find a place where I can plug in so I can have surprise robot buttsex take control of it and use it to carry me around.

[2]
Pathos crawls up onto the robot's back and skitters about, looking for a proper port to plug into. He finds one, but it is solidly sealed shut with 4 ...triangle bolts?

"Oh shit I've been shot, and this stupid button does nothing!"
Throw anything I have that might be considered ID at the robot, and keep pushing the button hopping it does something.
[1][6]
Burt Burt cannot remember his ID number. He's misplaced his id. His button does nothing. So he just starts gurgling a list of numbers at the bot for a solid 3 and a half minutes. At the end of this string of digits the robot pauses, beeps, and then announces "GREETINGS MRS.HURMBLEBUCK". The minigun lowers and the bot immediately rumbles away down the hall.

I need a med kit
Attempt to fix Burt’s lung and stop his bleeding
[5]
Tara plugs up and re-inflates the punctured lung. This is becoming rather old hat for her.

Well sucks to be Bob Bob. Kenneth tries to apply the Heimlich maneuver on Burt Bob Burt Bob to save his life, that's what you usually do when someone gets shot in the lung right?

Kenneth attempts to roll in and provide some much needed medical malpractice, but Tara shoos him a way with a flurry of slaps and shouts of "GIT! GIT!"

Does it seem at all likely that administering first aid to the bloke who hasn't identified himself yet would be cause for offense to the robot?

If not, use some goop to stem the worst f the bleeding for Burt. Be sure to stand out of the line of fire at all times in case the brobot remains angry.

Either way, after that move on and search for the exit of this sector to the next one.

Bob waddles forward, until he meets a person or object of interest, at which point he will stop and gurgle at the object or person of interest.

Down the hall, near where the sector exit should be, Yagyu and Bob find a large storage room with the door open and the lights on. Within it are about a dozen more of those minigun robots, along with a half dozen military-grade cyborg bodies hanging on wall mounts. None appear to be active at the moment, luckily.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 334