Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452594 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2430 on: July 20, 2020, 09:28:20 am »

Use the control room to search for the nearest medical facility that might have supplies for treating the whole sick-because-of-neurotoxins thing.

And you know what, while here, try hacking that highly lethal robot that almost everyone successfully bypassed without injury.  Set it to "obey Wil, kill anyone he says should be killed, and go where he says it should go" mode.  I'm certain nothing bad will happen from this attempt.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2431 on: July 20, 2020, 09:50:30 am »

"Hey, Ji! Want to replace those hideous organic parts with superior mechanical ones?"

Is there any sort of control room for these robots? Or maybe the tools that would open their ports so I can plug in? If yes, plug in, make sure they're safe to operate then activate one of them under my control. If they don't have the necessary software to shoot and be useful as semi-autonomus units, then see if I can activate one in remote control mode and ride around on it. Spider wants a mount!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2432 on: July 20, 2020, 01:03:26 pm »

if it is a storage room, there must be boxes. Locate a box and crawl inside to nap. Also, locate a liquid dispenser in case my skin is getting all dry and scaly.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 21, 2020, 04:32:36 am »

"Thank you for saving me, and who is Mrs. Hurmblebuck?"
Follow the group and if I see anything that could contain loot go loot them.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: July 21, 2020, 07:52:51 am »

Down the hall, near where the sector exit should be, Yagyu and Bob find a large storage room with the door open and the lights on. Within it are about a dozen more of those minigun robots, along with a half dozen military-grade cyborg bodies hanging on wall mounts. None appear to be active at the moment, luckily.

Keep looking for the actual exit. If it is on the other side of the storage room we found, then don't go in yet, instead look for the control room for these things so we can be sure they are deactivated.

Also, for that turret we gooped earlier, does it seem like I could safely scrape of the goop from the bottom so that we can detach it from the floor if needed and reprogram it? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:13:07 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 21, 2020, 03:01:50 pm »

Kenneth starts to hum the Free Robotic Systems National Anthem while he helps Yagyu look for the actual exit. Kenneth will need to practice his singing skills if he wants the robots to keep him alive for intertreinment porpuses.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: July 21, 2020, 03:09:05 pm »

[/quote]”You’re welcome. I’m guessing Mrs. Humblebuck is the person whose numbers you mentioned.”
Code: (Senses) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Walk past the robots

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 21, 2020, 03:17:02 pm »

Could some of these robots be salvaged and used to upgrade my body?

In any case, run back to the room with the turret (Target Range and Ammunition Storage), and search that room, since I don't think anyone ever actually did that.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2438 on: July 23, 2020, 10:11:26 am »

Use the control room to search for the nearest medical facility that might have supplies for treating the whole sick-because-of-neurotoxins thing.

And you know what, while here, try hacking that highly lethal robot that almost everyone successfully bypassed without injury.  Set it to "obey Wil, kill anyone he says should be killed, and go where he says it should go" mode.  I'm certain nothing bad will happen from this attempt.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
[1][9]
Wilfred preemptively deletes the sector map from the control system's memory, before anyone can use it against him. That successfully done, he turns to the problem of the patrolling robot. Turns out that resetting its FOF parameters and vocal command systems is quite easy. Now all he has to do is go grab the bot and lead him back to the team.

if it is a storage room, there must be boxes. Locate a box and crawl inside to nap. Also, locate a liquid dispenser in case my skin is getting all dry and scaly.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
[2]
Bob fails to find a box, so curls up in the space between a wall and the rear of one of the tracked robots.

"Hey, Ji! Want to replace those hideous organic parts with superior mechanical ones?"

Is there any sort of control room for these robots? Or maybe the tools that would open their ports so I can plug in? If yes, plug in, make sure they're safe to operate then activate one of them under my control. If they don't have the necessary software to shoot and be useful as semi-autonomus units, then see if I can activate one in remote control mode and ride around on it. Spider wants a mount!

[1] The tanky robots all have their control panels tightly shut and there are no triangular bolt wrenches here to use to open them. Further more, there's no control room. Further more, they seem completely unprogrammed. He's not sure how he knows that...but he does. The universe looks down upon his spider desires and whispers "Fug off".

Could some of these robots be salvaged and used to upgrade my body?

In any case, run back to the room with the turret (Target Range and Ammunition Storage), and search that room, since I don't think anyone ever actually did that.

It is Ji's belief that placing herself in one of these bodies would be a direct upgrade and may be easier than trying to awkwardly graft bits onto herself in a hap hazard fashion.

[6] Ji returns to  the target range and ammo storage area. The target range is pretty uninteresting, in terms of loot. Unless she wants some paper targets and ear protectors.  The ammo storage however appears to be a wonderland of of ammunition though. Racks and racks of crates filled with magazines and ammo boxes and the like. She can see it all through the window in the door but...the door is locked.

Down the hall, near where the sector exit should be, Yagyu and Bob find a large storage room with the door open and the lights on. Within it are about a dozen more of those minigun robots, along with a half dozen military-grade cyborg bodies hanging on wall mounts. None appear to be active at the moment, luckily.

Keep looking for the actual exit. If it is on the other side of the storage room we found, then don't go in yet, instead look for the control room for these things so we can be sure they are deactivated.

Also, for that turret we gooped earlier, does it seem like I could safely scrape of the goop from the bottom so that we can detach it from the floor if needed and reprogram it? 

Yagyu considers the safety of breaking that turret free and reprogramming it. He considers that it would be much safer than it used to be...but still not 100% without issue. The turret MIGHT be able to swing 360 degrees around. He might scrape off too much goo and weaken the hold enough that it can break free. It might have self destruct anti-tampering  systems. The world may never know unless he tries it.

[/quote]
Kenneth starts to hum the Free Robotic Systems National Anthem while he helps Yagyu look for the actual exit. Kenneth will need to practice his singing skills if he wants the robots to keep him alive for intertreinment porpuses.
”You’re welcome. I’m guessing Mrs. Humblebuck is the person whose numbers you mentioned.”
Code: (Senses) [Select]
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Walk past the robots
[/quote]
The now reduced murderball rolls forth, humming as it does, in search of the level exit. It finds it fairly quickly and there seems to only be two problems. Those two problems are two of those endoskeleton android bodies, now active, hanging around by the door with very large guns. The murder ball sees them from round a corner and decides that going over to investigate with cocksure abandon might be a poor idea. They appear to be guarding the door and have...little in the way of chill. 

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 23, 2020, 10:22:36 am »

See if anybody wants to help me hack myself into one of the robots (I don’t know if you meant the gunbots, or the androids, but whichever seems more feasible for me.)
Edit- let everyone know about the ammo room

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:33:22 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 23, 2020, 10:26:43 am »

If Ji lets Yagyu know about the ammo storage room, then head over there and first check the locked door for things like additional defenses or tampering countermeasures. Also try to peek inside to look for other possible defenses inside like more turrets and such.
If none are found, slice open that door! Use a toolkit charge if possible/relevant.

If not informed, then instead look for the control room so that we can disable those guards (don't do it yet, just check to see if it can be done). Also see if there are controls for disabling the bots and robot bodies in that storage room.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:33:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2441 on: July 23, 2020, 01:04:22 pm »

Help transfer Ji to one of those fancy bodies. If the mind transfer is successful, also transfer those huge shock absorbers from her old body to the new one, as long as it won't throw her balance off too much.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 23, 2020, 05:53:56 pm »

Kenneth will use hand signals to convey his plan to the gang. It goes like this: Kenneth throws the oxygen tank at the robots, Kenneth and the others shoot it, Kenneth gets a promotion for being smart, Kenneth wins forever, Kenneth is the new CEO.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 24, 2020, 03:05:17 am »

Aid in Kenneth's plan, try not to die during it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 24, 2020, 10:03:30 am »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]