Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452700 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2445 on: July 24, 2020, 10:21:33 pm »

Wait for the commotion. then wait for the commotion to die down a bit. then waddle toward the remnants of the commotion, in case any bits need picked up and put back together with a toothy grin.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2446 on: July 27, 2020, 06:38:43 am »

Try to remotely hack open the ammunition storage room, unless whats-his-face has already managed to get in.  Better to hack it open than waste a toolkit charge.  If told about the cyborgs guarding the exit, try to hack them offline too; we wouldn't want to needlessly destroy company property, would we?

Complain over the team comms about how terrible Derp is for poisoning Wil, and also how terrible everyone else on the team is for not trying to help with the neurotoxins that are increasingly fucking with Wil's mind.  Openly debate over whether the fantasies about figuring out who the team's assigned medic is, and then siccing the entire sector's security systems on them, are caused by the deadly neurotoxins making Wil unusually violent, or just a justified and completely reasonable act of revenge.  Ask for input from the other team members, and also suggestions on who the actual medic is.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2447 on: July 27, 2020, 09:53:03 am »

Stick with Yagyu as he goes to check out the ammo storage and/or control room. Keep an eye for any danger.
Also keep an eye out for shiny loot. But don't touch anything if it looks dangerous. No picking up live grenades this time around.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2448 on: July 27, 2020, 02:10:28 pm »

See if anybody wants to help me hack myself into one of the robots (I don’t know if you meant the gunbots, or the androids, but whichever seems more feasible for me.)
Edit- let everyone know about the ammo room

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Help transfer Ji to one of those fancy bodies. If the mind transfer is successful, also transfer those huge shock absorbers from her old body to the new one, as long as it won't throw her balance off too much.

[6]
Pathos stuffs Ji's brain or electronic soul or whatever thinky goo ji is still made of into the robot body.

New Ji stats
Speed to d4
Strength to d10
Endurance to d12
Dex to d8
life to d10

Try to remotely hack open the ammunition storage room, unless whats-his-face has already managed to get in.  Better to hack it open than waste a toolkit charge.  If told about the cyborgs guarding the exit, try to hack them offline too; we wouldn't want to needlessly destroy company property, would we?

Complain over the team comms about how terrible Derp is for poisoning Wil, and also how terrible everyone else on the team is for not trying to help with the neurotoxins that are increasingly fucking with Wil's mind.  Openly debate over whether the fantasies about figuring out who the team's assigned medic is, and then siccing the entire sector's security systems on them, are caused by the deadly neurotoxins making Wil unusually violent, or just a justified and completely reasonable act of revenge.  Ask for input from the other team members, and also suggestions on who the actual medic is.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
[8]
Wilfred unlocks the door for his comrades. Via computer magic.
[2]
The whole "turning off the robot" part doesn't go so well. It doesn't go poorly but Wilfred is presented with  "Robots_on: 1" option and simply cannot figure it out.

If Ji lets Yagyu know about the ammo storage room, then head over there and first check the locked door for things like additional defenses or tampering countermeasures. Also try to peek inside to look for other possible defenses inside like more turrets and such.
If none are found, slice open that door! Use a toolkit charge if possible/relevant.

If not informed, then instead look for the control room so that we can disable those guards (don't do it yet, just check to see if it can be done). Also see if there are controls for disabling the bots and robot bodies in that storage room.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Stick with Yagyu as he goes to check out the ammo storage and/or control room. Keep an eye for any danger.
Also keep an eye out for shiny loot. But don't touch anything if it looks dangerous. No picking up live grenades this time around.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[5]
After Wilfred unlocks the door, Richter and Yagyu tip to in, searching carefully for any kind of traps. There's a claymore mine sitting just inside the room but to their surprise it seems either unarmed or broken, as the light is on but it doesn't detonate.

A search through the ammo depot reveals that a great deal of the ammo is listed as "experimental" and appears to be designed for experimental discharge using a purpose built rifle they have bolted to the ground in the target range. It is basically just a bolt action steel brick clearly designed to survive mishaps. However, there is some ammo in here that works for standard weapons; rifles, pistols, etc.

(Restore any magazines you have that use "bullets" to full)

Kenneth will use hand signals to convey his plan to the gang. It goes like this: Kenneth throws the oxygen tank at the robots, Kenneth and the others shoot it, Kenneth gets a promotion for being smart, Kenneth wins forever, Kenneth is the new CEO.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aid in Kenneth's plan, try not to die during it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Shoot foam at the robots’ guns, hopefully jamming them
[5][4][7v8]
Kenneth hurls an oxygen canister down the hall at the robots. He isn't strong enough to get it all the way there in a throw, but the canister lands perfectly and rolls the rest of the way in a few seconds. As soon as its at their feet, Burt opens fire on it. His gun is pretty piss weak but it does the job and a moment later the entire hall vanishes in massive fireball.  After a few seconds, once the hall stops ringing and the light of the flames has dimmed a bit, Kenneth sticks his head back out to see if his plan was as staggeringly effective as he assumes it will be.
[1][1v6]
The good news is that when the round that catches him flat in the nose and blows a billiard ball sized hole through his head it does so instantly and gives him no time to realize his plan was a complete failure.

Burt Burt looks at the newly made corpse and is honestly surprised it isn't him.

[3]
Tara attempts to spray foam down the hall but as soon as she gets the gun's nozzle out of behind the corner it gets smacked with incoming fire and slapped out of her hand. Its hose prevents her from losing it entirely, but she does have to frantically drag it back in as rounds continue to skip and ricochet down the hall.

There is a dull, heavy, rhythmic thump of metal feet approaching.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2449 on: July 27, 2020, 02:33:49 pm »

"It's alive! It's alive! ... For a certain definition of 'alive' anyway."

Offer my can of glow spray paint to anyone suicidal enough to lay an ambush to the Giant robot and use the spray paint to blind it. Be sure to stay away from it though, I don't want to get shot.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 27, 2020, 03:30:53 pm »

Go try and negotiate with my mechanical brethren. If they don’t stand down after seeing that I am one of them, open fire with my rifle. If they do stand down, try to get them to let my teammates pass. If they won’t do that, use their trust of me to stab them in the back.
Spoiler:  JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: July 27, 2020, 04:08:48 pm »

((WELL THAT WAS A BUST. Here's a new person who's definitely not a demon.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: July 27, 2020, 04:26:53 pm »

Someone please strap that experimental bolt action steel brick to Bob's back. Please. I'm begging you. also, load me up with the ammo. I wanna be able to move at a decent waddle, but not to run. Like, seriously, a lot of ammo please. Also, Bob will assist in removing the brick gun from it's current mount and installing it onto Bob's self.

EDIT; R.I.P. Kenneth. You were badass to the core, apparently. Thanks for the overloading nuclear device!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:35:44 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 28, 2020, 04:31:15 am »

Send a message to our teammates that they can come and get ammo here. Also thank Wil for his help hacking the door!
Take that claymore if it seems like it could be moved without setting it off. If I'm unsure just leave it alone.

Remove that experimental gun and attach it to the alligator as he requests. Be sure to get him a nice variety of experimental ammo as well!

Oh, and is any of this ammo suitable for that experimental gun I found the parts for earlier? If yes take some.

If I can get to the control room where Wil is without running into or near the angry brobots, go there and help him to try and disable the angry security bots.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:44:26 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: July 28, 2020, 05:34:20 am »

"Oh fuck someone died and it wasn't me, this is the best thing that could happen to me."
Run away and into the ammo room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2455 on: July 29, 2020, 02:21:29 pm »

((I just feel like commenting that, when fleeing from trigger happy cyborgs armed with heavy automatic weapons, perhaps it would be wiser to not deliberately run into a dead end filled with experimental and likely unstable ordnance.))

Try shutting down the cyborgs again, maybe "Robots_on: 1" is a bool and just needs to be set to 0.  Or maybe just sending them a rm -rf * command will work.  Try adding a sudo, too.

If the cyborgs are successfully disabled, go find the subverted secubot from earlier, hop on its back, and order it to carry Wilfred to the ammo room.  This noble steed will carry him to bullets, and glory!  And bullets.

Oh, and continue whining about Derp the entire time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: July 29, 2020, 02:37:50 pm »

Someone please strap that experimental bolt action steel brick to Bob's back. Please. I'm begging you. also, load me up with the ammo. I wanna be able to move at a decent waddle, but not to run. Like, seriously, a lot of ammo please. Also, Bob will assist in removing the brick gun from it's current mount and installing it onto Bob's self.
Try helping put this onto Bob

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2457 on: July 30, 2020, 10:21:32 am »

((WELL THAT WAS A BUST. Here's a new person who's definitely not a demon.))

Larry wanders onto the scene, over near where some other idiot just got his head blown off.

EDIT; R.I.P. Kenneth. You were badass to the core, apparently. Thanks for the overloading nuclear device!

Try helping put this onto Bob
Send a message to our teammates that they can come and get ammo here. Also thank Wil for his help hacking the door!
Take that claymore if it seems like it could be moved without setting it off. If I'm unsure just leave it alone.

Remove that experimental gun and attach it to the alligator as he requests. Be sure to get him a nice variety of experimental ammo as well!

Oh, and is any of this ammo suitable for that experimental gun I found the parts for earlier? If yes take some.

If I can get to the control room where Wil is without running into or near the angry brobots, go there and help him to try and disable the angry security bots.

[9,10][2][3]
The surgery to make Bob into a mobile reptilian gun platform is successful. It mostly uses a boat load of crazy glue to permanently affix it to his back. Luckily he's strong enough to handle the thing's rather debilitating weight, and even handle a fair amount of ammo being strapped to his back like a ballistic pack mule. How exactly he's going to choose ammo and reload a single shot experimental ammo test bed is a mystery. Tail maybe? Hmm.

Meanwhile Yagyu gathers the claymore for his personal collection and searches the ammo storage for some rounds that fit his experimental weapon. He finds a small box of rounds, exactly 10 of them, clearly here for testing. Ammo in hand, he heads off and meets up with Wil.

((I just feel like commenting that, when fleeing from trigger happy cyborgs armed with heavy automatic weapons, perhaps it would be wiser to not deliberately run into a dead end filled with experimental and likely unstable ordnance.))

Try shutting down the cyborgs again, maybe "Robots_on: 1" is a bool and just needs to be set to 0.  Or maybe just sending them a rm -rf * command will work.  Try adding a sudo, too.

If the cyborgs are successfully disabled, go find the subverted secubot from earlier, hop on its back, and order it to carry Wilfred to the ammo room.  This noble steed will carry him to bullets, and glory!  And bullets.

Oh, and continue whining about Derp the entire time.

[10]
Wil tries something and the computer spits back a series of beeps.

"The good news is that the robots are now no longer hostile," He says, nodding enthusiastically for some reason. "The bad news is now they believe it is their duty to help us get out of this section."

"That doesn't sound bad?" Yagyu says, trying to read over Wil's shoulder as computer code rapidly streams by on the screen.

"I think they might be a bit...well...single minded about it."

As he finishes this sentence one of the endoskeleton robots puts a metal fist through the control room door and announces, in a prerecorded female voice, "The white zone is for immediate departure." And then begins prying the door open.

"Oh fuck someone died and it wasn't me, this is the best thing that could happen to me."
Burt runs to the ammo room and hides behind a crate.

Go try and negotiate with my mechanical brethren. If they don’t stand down after seeing that I am one of them, open fire with my rifle. If they do stand down, try to get them to let my teammates pass. If they won’t do that, use their trust of me to stab them in the back.
Spoiler:  JiBot (click to show/hide)
"It's alive! It's alive! ... For a certain definition of 'alive' anyway."

Offer my can of glow spray paint to anyone suicidal enough to lay an ambush to the Giant robot and use the spray paint to blind it. Be sure to stay away from it though, I don't want to get shot.

The Endoskeleton androids suddenly comes barreling around the corner, their weapons now strapped to their backs, and scoop up Pathos like a housecat. They then get Ji under the arms and drag both of them to the sector exit, dropping them off before jogging off in search of more people to escort.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: And stay out!
« Reply #2458 on: July 30, 2020, 12:17:07 pm »

"Y-YeS, nOW WE hAAve aN ARmY! -I mean, hows the whether my fellow chaps? Pretty bloody good eh?"

Larry searches the dead man and the room for valuables like weapons, armor, his soul, or even better. One of those things people keep telling he needs called empathy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:21:45 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 30, 2020, 03:05:04 pm »

Waddle along with the enthusiastic endoskeletons to the sector exit. Contemplate some kind of exoskeletal reinforcement to make carrying the gun lighter. Then, immediately forget that idea and wonder where the dead fish are. Bob demands snacks!
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 334