Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451907 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: And stay out!
« Reply #2475 on: August 06, 2020, 10:38:32 am »

Using crocodemon, human or teeth elemental bits (whichever feel most appropriate), try you make myself capable of echolocation either through an extra appendage or by modifying my existing bodyparts.

If the echolocation doesn't work, try to modify myself an extra eye that can see in thermal vision and check if that works.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[6,2][Human down to d8]

There is a rather strange squishing noise which causes everyone to look back at Richter, who had standing around behind the group apparently deep in thought. He looks much the same as normal, although his head is one giant human ear now...which is sort of strange.

"Uh...so whats that..." Yagyu begins to ask. He's cut off when a giant human tongue shoots out of the earhole like a pink fleshy party horn.

"PPPPPFFFTTTT", says Richter, wetly.  He then turns his head and does it again. Then again. After making a full 360, he nods his...ear...and points forward down the hall with clear authority.

Oh god damn it my hacked guardbot is still back there!  See if it can be reached with a text message or voice call or something, so it can be told to come here.  Failing that, see if it's possible to tap into the previous sector's intercom system.  Failing that, beg Pathos to go fetch it for me.

And continue to bitch about Derp, and being horribly nauseated.

"Oh god damn it, this day just keep getting worse!  Just when I thought I'd found a new toy, and bullets, that maybe all this shit had been worth something, no!  No, life just has to sweep that out!  Fucking Derp, this is the worst mission, this is the worst day!  Is it even day still?  Feels like I've been trapped in this hellhole for months!  Ugh!  Hey, Pathos, spiderbuddy, think you could do a favor for me?  I hacked that guardbot from before to follow my commands, but didn't actually go grab it.  I'm gonna try and get it to come here, but if I can't figure out a way, think you could fetch it for me?  I'll let you ride on my shoulders while I ride on it."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
[9]
Wilfred scrambles back to the previous sector, reaches his hand between the legs of the shover and pusher robots and flails blindingly against the wall until he finds a connection port. He then whips out-

"Wait, I don't have a computing cube." he says, suddenly looking down at his entirely empty hands in confusion.

Larry checks the darkness for any hoodoo voodoo shenanigans. If he does find any he'll attempt to use his human talent springing from natural human training (not forbidden knowledge gained via eating the brains of the Nine Hell Sages) to dispel the darkness.

[4]
Larry licks the wall. He smacks his lips a few times. He then drags his front teeth down the wall with a hideous screeching, grinding noise that makes everyone around him (In particular Richter) cringe back instinctively.  Larry rolls the fine powder of whatever it is on the wall around in his mouth for a moment.

"Floral notes. Nutty. Hint of citrus and industrial bonding agent...carbon nanotube finish. Circa 2087 if I had to guess.  Light absorbent paint of some variety, fellow humans. Feel free to sample it yourself but I'd give it only a 7 of 10. Not bad but uninspired really."

Follow along and shoot things if things need shooting.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Tala is nice. Tala is a continuous source of snacks. Nudge Tala into the darkness, in the direction of prospective snacks.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
"This is not your average, everyday darkness. This is...  ADVANCED darkness."
Follow along with everyone else, and be ready to kill things that need killing.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Use my scanner to look for any hostiles, move forward with the nudging
"All right, so if these walls refuse to reflect light, we can just put stuff on them that does reflect just fine. Luckily, our unfortunate comrade Anya had some glowspray paint with her."

Do all of the rounds have all of the warnings on them? Aka does it seem that whatever they do, they all do the same thing(s)?

Use the environmental scanner, search for a wavelength or vision mode where the walls do reflect, and then have it displayed on the screen to make it easier to walk around. Or perhaps some sort of echolocation could be done using the scanner? If this idea requires some software wizardry to get it going, be sure to ask help from a teammate.

Also, how much paint is left in that glowspray paint canister? If it seems like it's a lot, then while walking spray a line on the floor or wall to make it easy for teammates to navigate (since the spray on the wall should reflect just fine, and glows on its own to boot). If it's just a bit, then just make markings here and there (eg. on corners and junctions) to still help with navigating.

Should this strategy work, carefully start looking for either the control room for this sector or the door to the next sector. Try to draw a simple map while we are looking around to help with navigating (and with finding our way back later on).   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu checks all the rounds for his experimental prototype gun. They all appear identical.

[6] Yagyu checks several different wavelengths and modes on his scanner and decides, finally, to stick with thermal. The wiring and machines in the walls throw off heat, so he at least has a vague Idea where they all are, within 6 or so inches at least.

He checks the spraypaint  with a shake. Hmmm. He thinks its maybe [use die d6] full.  He sprays some on a wall, just to check it works and indeed, there is now a big whitish green spot hovering in what appears to be open darkness.

[4]
Yagyu continues ahead, spraying a line of paint in front of him in short dashes,  just enough to navigate by without being wasteful. Finding...anything like this isn't exactly easy; he can tell where doorways are, but what those rooms contain and if that door is even open or closed he's not really sure. He's groping for a sign next to one door, hoping to give it a quick spray and be able to read it, when he hears something. He looks around. There's a heat signature down the hall; roughly triangular in shape and about the size of a small child. He switches vision modes and shines a light down at it but sees nothing. He switches back to thermal and there's nothing there now.

Hmm.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2476 on: August 06, 2020, 11:58:30 am »

Accept dead fish from Yagyu. sigh ... do not fire experimental gun into the murderball this round.

There is really only one thing to do n a situation like this: Fire Magic Experimental Missile at the darkness. Unless someone gives me snacks.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 12:52:56 pm by Ozarck »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 06, 2020, 02:03:57 pm »

Ah, one of those invisible and slightly more handsome variant of humans, like that decapited girl who watches people sleep back in the site. They're called khosts or something? Either way, Larry will do the normal thing and use dark magic to find the kid and make that phost go from that hallway to the shadow realm.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:20:11 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 07, 2020, 06:21:01 am »

Stay with the group, try no to do anything that will make me more likely to die than anyone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2479 on: August 07, 2020, 12:35:06 pm »

Go towards where the triangle thing was and continue looking for it with the scanner
Give Yagyu some fish, give Bob some fish

Anyone else curious what that was?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:18:28 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 07, 2020, 08:35:35 pm »

Try flicking through my cyber bodies alternate vision modes to see if there’s one where I could see in here.

If something non-friendly appears, fill it with lead.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 07, 2020, 09:41:58 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

H O L Y  R N G S U S  T H O S E  T R A N Q S  H I T  L I K E  A  M A C  T R U C K

He woke up in the coolers for fresh, still-intact corpses.
Why was he here?
How long was he here?
Why did he still have all his equipment attached to him?
None of that mattered, as the world's most D U M M Y T H I C C tranquilizers wore out of his system, and he was awake again.
Kick. Scream. Yell.
"REDSHIRT AIN'T DEAD YET, THANKS FOR KEEPING ME IN ONE PIECE FOR WHEN I RESPAWNED, I DIDN'T RESPAWN, SOMEONE LET ME OUT PLEASE!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:05:48 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 08, 2020, 09:12:47 am »

Report what I just saw to the rest of the team. Be sure to stick close to Richter, hopefully between his echolocation and my thermal scanning we can get a decent view of our surroundings.

Also, can you confirm if Yagyu is keeping up with that map?

Either way, keep looking for that exit and/or control room, making markings to help the rest navigate.

Oh, and be nowhere near people shooting experimental guns for no reason please. If not possible, give dead fish to prevent the firing because I'd rather not be killed again for the sake of lolrandom, thank you very much.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:17:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 09, 2020, 02:26:33 pm »

"Pffftrbl."

Work together with Yagyu to navigate this place. Keep an eye/ear out for possible hostiles, and let my teamamtes know should I spot something

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2484 on: August 10, 2020, 11:22:03 am »

Ah, one of those invisible and slightly more handsome variant of humans, like that decapited girl who watches people sleep back in the site. They're called khosts or something? Either way, Larry will do the normal thing and use dark magic to find the kid and make that phost go from that hallway to the shadow realm.

[2]

"What was that incantation again? Uh....Oh right.  Go on! Git! No one wants ya around here, so how about you make like a tree and fucking get out! Shoo!"

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

H O L Y  R N G S U S  T H O S E  T R A N Q S  H I T  L I K E  A  M A C  T R U C K

He woke up in the coolers for fresh, still-intact corpses.
Why was he here?
How long was he here?
Why did he still have all his equipment attached to him?
None of that mattered, as the world's most D U M M Y T H I C C tranquilizers wore out of his system, and he was awake again.
Kick. Scream. Yell.
"REDSHIRT AIN'T DEAD YET, THANKS FOR KEEPING ME IN ONE PIECE FOR WHEN I RESPAWNED, I DIDN'T RESPAWN, SOMEONE LET ME OUT PLEASE!

Redshirt reemerges from somewhere in the depths of hammer space and tumbles out next to the rest of the team. They give him a questioning glace for a moment but all things considered he isn't that weird so they quickly lose interest.

Try flicking through my cyber bodies alternate vision modes to see if there’s one where I could see in here.

If something non-friendly appears, fill it with lead.

Ji checks for alternative vision modes. Infrared thermal vision works to a degree. Not perfect, but functional. Shows the vague location of the walls at least.

Accept dead fish from Yagyu. sigh ... do not fire experimental gun into the murderball this round.

There is really only one thing to do n a situation like this: Fire Magic Experimental Missile at the darkness. Unless someone gives me snacks.

Bob eats a fish in a strangely dejected fashion, as though a small child being bribed to be good but who REALLY wanted to cause trouble. Really Wanted to.

A Lot.

Report what I just saw to the rest of the team. Be sure to stick close to Richter, hopefully between his echolocation and my thermal scanning we can get a decent view of our surroundings.

Also, can you confirm if Yagyu is keeping up with that map?

Either way, keep looking for that exit and/or control room, making markings to help the rest navigate.

Oh, and be nowhere near people shooting experimental guns for no reason please. If not possible, give dead fish to prevent the firing because I'd rather not be killed again for the sake of lolrandom, thank you very much.

((Not sure what you mean by "keeping up with the map". The map you have posted is just the old one and you didn't tell me where you think you are, so I have no idea if you're keeping up))
"Pffftrbl."
Work together with Yagyu to navigate this place. Keep an eye/ear out for possible hostiles, and let my teamamtes know should I spot something

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[4][1]

Yagyu scans the area carefully for a few seconds before Richter leaps onto his back and tackles him to the ground.

"ppppfffft!" he says, pointing towards a featureless patch of darkness.  Yagyu scans it but sees and discovers nothing but a wall. He's about to ask Richter what he's talking about when Richter 'shouts' "PFFFFT!" and gestures frantically at another section of darkness. Yagyu checks again and finds only Tara there, poking at a wall.  Richter grabs his head and twists it to look at another place, this time with a shout of "PFFFT PFFFT PFFFFFFFFFFT!"

Yagyu sighs his robo-sigh and focuses the scanner out towards what he fully assumes will again be nothing. But this time there is something there. Its about two feet tall, plump, and shows up beneath normal light. It looks like a human head with an exaggeratedly large nose, massive eyes, and triangular general shape. It has no mouth that can be seen, but two stubby legs and a sort of pelvis-chin. It looks at Yagyu for a moment and then spins around and darts away with surprising speed, vanishing beyond even the sight of the thermal cameras.

Go towards where the triangle thing was and continue looking for it with the scanner
Give Yagyu some fish, give Bob some fish

Anyone else curious what that was?
[2]
As Tara walks forward, she suddenly hears Yagyu make a noise. Something like "Glrk!" and spins around to see what happened. As she does something brushes against her leg and skitters away.

Stay with the group, try no to do anything that will make me more likely to die than anyone else.
Burt Burt points into the darkness at the place where the little...thing was standing a moment ago.

"What was that?  WHAT WAS THAT? I don't like this.  I'm gonna get fucking killed I can tell. It keeps happening!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2485 on: August 10, 2020, 12:25:09 pm »

Run after the head on legs! Chase it blindly into the darkness!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2486 on: August 10, 2020, 10:22:31 pm »

Politely ask the robots preventing entrance to the previous sector if they could carry a message for Wilfred, or perhaps give him access to the intercoms, or something of that nature.  If they refuse, give serious thought to how well armed and armored they are; could he win if he just opened fire on them?

If no, lean against the nearest wall and mope, whining about Derp, and buggy robots, and how shit life is.

Also, shoot any mutated flesh monster things that wander into sight, and aren't teammates.  I doubt any will appear, since Wilfred is still right at the entrance to the previous sector, but still.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2487 on: August 11, 2020, 03:13:13 am »

"I'm gonna kill that weird thing before it even gets a chance to try to kill me!"
Have my gun at the ready to kill anything that isn't a member of my group, and stay with the group as wondering off might end poorly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 11, 2020, 03:19:01 am »

((Not sure what you mean by "keeping up with the map". The map you have posted is just the old one and you didn't tell me where you think you are, so I have no idea if you're keeping up))
2 turns ago I mentioned having Yagyu draw a map to help with not getting lost in this place and to find our way back later on easier. Just wondering if that is actually happening since you didn't confirm it. That said, would you like me to update the map in that link to help you keep track of where we are?

Those things seem nonhostile for now so as long as they just take peeks at us and aren't threatening me or a teammate, leave them be, otherwise goop 'em.

Either way, stick close to Richter and keep looking for that exit and/or control room, making markings to help the rest navigate.

"Pffftrbl to you too my friend, pffftrbl to you too."

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:48:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 11, 2020, 03:37:17 am »

Larry blinked with his 14 eyes as he saw the thing. It was...it was..

"KaWAi dEsU~

Using an eldritch kabbalah gu shinto hermetic chant Larry attempts to call all the little buggers in the vicinity towards him. He MUST have them!

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 334