Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452132 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2490 on: August 11, 2020, 11:15:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Go in the direction the one that brushed past me went

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2491 on: August 11, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »

Use my infrared vision to help navigate. If that little shit shows up again, shoot it.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2492 on: August 13, 2020, 03:12:45 pm »

Larry blinked with his 14 eyes as he saw the thing. It was...it was..

"KaWAi dEsU~

Using an eldritch kabbalah gu shinto hermetic chant Larry attempts to call all the little buggers in the vicinity towards him. He MUST have them!

[4]
Larry does...something. He makes a lot of noises, thats for sure. Lot of gesticulating. Gesturing. Rhythmic writhing, etc.

Go in the direction the one that brushed past me went
Run after the head on legs! Chase it blindly into the darkness!
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Tara and Bob immediately take off into the darkness, leaving the rest of the group behind. They basically just sprint blindly down a hall for a long while, until they get tired and slow to a jog, then stop, gasping for breath. No sign of the little Fella, no sign of anything really.  They slap the air around them and find the walls of the hallway, but it seems like they've spread out a lot. This hall is now at least 25 feet wide. The walls and ground feel odd too; not the normal smooth metal but something...rougher. Like hewn stone.  Its also damper and smells more wet and stagnant.

Politely ask the robots preventing entrance to the previous sector if they could carry a message for Wilfred, or perhaps give him access to the intercoms, or something of that nature.  If they refuse, give serious thought to how well armed and armored they are; could he win if he just opened fire on them?

If no, lean against the nearest wall and mope, whining about Derp, and buggy robots, and how shit life is.

Also, shoot any mutated flesh monster things that wander into sight, and aren't teammates.  I doubt any will appear, since Wilfred is still right at the entrance to the previous sector, but still.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
Wil asks the robots if they can pass on a message to his friendly battle bot. They consider this for a moment, tapping their metal chins with their metal fingers.  One then places a boot on Wil's face and slowly shoves him back into the dark sector before sealing the door.

Wilfred, already on the ground, lays face down and makes a long groaning noise while kicking and punching the floor in abject powerless frustration.

"I'm gonna kill that weird thing before it even gets a chance to try to kill me!"
Have my gun at the ready to kill anything that isn't a member of my group, and stay with the group as wondering off might end poorly.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
((Not sure what you mean by "keeping up with the map". The map you have posted is just the old one and you didn't tell me where you think you are, so I have no idea if you're keeping up))
2 turns ago I mentioned having Yagyu draw a map to help with not getting lost in this place and to find our way back later on easier. Just wondering if that is actually happening since you didn't confirm it. That said, would you like me to update the map in that link to help you keep track of where we are?

Those things seem nonhostile for now so as long as they just take peeks at us and aren't threatening me or a teammate, leave them be, otherwise goop 'em.

Either way, stick close to Richter and keep looking for that exit and/or control room, making markings to help the rest navigate.

"Pffftrbl to you too my friend, pffftrbl to you too."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Use my infrared vision to help navigate. If that little shit shows up again, shoot it.
((Ah, ok sorry. Tunnel vision on MY map, not your in game one. But keeping a little thing saying what sector you guys are in might help people.))
[4]
After Tara and Bob spring off into the distance, Yagyu, Ji, Burt and Larry (still dancing) head off after them at a much slower pace. Yagyu is still searching for a control room, spraying walls occasionally and looking for name plates. He keeps his map going, marking down their path. And immediately notices something odd. He has a rough Idea how big these sectors should be, and a rough idea how far they've traveled. And these two figures don't match up. They should have wandered outside the sector by now, if his math is right. He's also not felt or seen an intersection in these walls for a long time...and these walls are widening...and the heat signatures he's seeing are looking less like conduits and wires and more...organic. He sprays another wall and the metal is still there but its pitted and uneven, as though poured over a bumpy surface or maybe heavily aged.  As he examines this, something comes down the hall. A laugh. A laugh that isn't right.

"AAAAhahhA! Aaah-....Hahaa! AAahhaahhhh"

Its cadence is all wrong, like a laugh track thats been strangely scrambled and cut. It sounds organic, not like a recording, but also not like real laughter. Like someone who has never laughed attempting to mimic it. The laugh devolves into something else.

"Aahhhhh aaaaahhhhhh  aaaaaahhhhh  haaaaaa"

A pale human hand, with fingers 3 or 4 feet long and a palm big enough to enclose a full grown man, gently extends from the darkness and lays itself lightly on the ground in front of  the group. There is an arm attached to it, twisting off into the darkness beyond anyone -even yagyu's- sight.

"AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh"

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:34:58 pm by piecewise »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Kenneth found an overloading nuclear power cell
« Reply #2493 on: August 13, 2020, 03:54:34 pm »

Shoot the walls.  At an angle, when no teammates are down range.  Partially, this is just to release some anger, partially out of curiousity for what will happen.

Then go walking further into the sector.  Do a right hand search pattern; hold a hand along the right wall and follow it exclusively, ignoring the meandering marks left by Yagyu.  Take bullets out of a magazine, and put one down at every corner/door.  And enter any doors found.

Continue loudly complaining about Derp, sickness, and jackass robots over the team intercoms.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 13, 2020, 06:55:21 pm »

Larry knowns what this is! It's one of those...one of those...pale thingies.

Larry tries to identify what the thing in front of them is, he's pretty sure one of them was his bunkmate in human college where no souls are used as appetizers for the prom.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: And stay out!
« Reply #2495 on: August 13, 2020, 08:13:06 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

"Alright, someone explain what's going on here real fast, I dont have time to trawl through the last few months of updates figure it all out myself."
Attempt to glean a TL;DR from the immediate area of "what the QUIZNAK are we doing here?"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2496 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:23 pm »

Wet, stagnant, and natural are homely feelings. Continue on, looking for a more watery and glumpy sort of place. Stay near Tara in case she gets worried that she hasn't fed anyone enough snacks lately, but only if she doesn't turn around and had back toward the cold metal place where people don't want you firing randomly into the absolute, unnatural blackness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 14, 2020, 04:01:53 am »

"What the fuck is even going on in this place?"
Shoot the shit out of the weird hand, and stay whit the group if they start running.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:13 am »

I won’t initiate anything, but I will back up my squadmates if things get hairy.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2499 on: August 14, 2020, 09:15:58 am »

Follow Bob.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 16, 2020, 07:33:08 am »

((Ah, ok sorry. Tunnel vision on MY map, not your in game one. But keeping a little thing saying what sector you guys are in might help people.))
((I'll try to look into it later on.

EDIT: if I understand correctly we are currently in sector J. Sector L was the previous one, with the angry brobots. Too lazy to go back further right now, but will add these two to my spoiler beneath the map link.))

Back away slowly, don't fire first but if it acts hostile or dangerous then goop it. See if I can make a quick scan to maybe help us figure out what this is (eg. do I see any HELL particles?).

If we can disengage safely, try to follow the markings back to the entrance. See if I can figure out at what point the screwyness starts.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:31:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2501 on: August 17, 2020, 12:08:49 pm »

Shoot the walls.  At an angle, when no teammates are down range.  Partially, this is just to release some anger, partially out of curiousity for what will happen.

Then go walking further into the sector.  Do a right hand search pattern; hold a hand along the right wall and follow it exclusively, ignoring the meandering marks left by Yagyu.  Take bullets out of a magazine, and put one down at every corner/door.  And enter any doors found.

Continue loudly complaining about Derp, sickness, and jackass robots over the team intercoms.

Wilfred shoots the wall and then checks on the damage it did. There's a small dent an metal is visible beneath; a sort of scrape of shiny steel seemingly hanging in mid air.

He moves forward, hugging the right wall, and entering any room he can find. Well, any with doors that will open for him. [4] He continues like this for maybe 5 minutes and then hits something. He feels blindly at it and discovers it to be a sector airlock. Huh, he found a way out. Or he went in a circle...but he's pretty sure he didn't do that and checks around for bullet markers as proof. No, seems not.

No sign of the others though...

Larry tries to identify what the thing in front of them is, he's pretty sure one of them was his bunkmate in human college where no souls are used as appetizers for the prom.

[6]
"Oh look, a softboned mega-anthropoid. What's it doing here? They usually hang out in one of the cognition born realities. Wait, are these sneaky something or others inducing a pocket of non-conformal reality through the use of targeted sensory depravation? How clever!"

"THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN!" Burt shouts at Larry, still gesturing wildly at the giant.

"Oh uh..how would you understand it...oh! This is a nightmare, but you're awake and its also real. You see, normally the cognitive form of the collective human mind produces a sort of psuedo reality-"

"HOW THE FUCK DO WE GET OUT OF HERE?!"

"Interrupting is very rude. But we simply have to get somewhere that has proper visual stimuli again."

"Get out of the dark?" Yagyu asks

"Yes...though judging from the surroundings I think we might be beyond the bounds of the place we were once in."

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

"Alright, someone explain what's going on here real fast, I dont have time to trawl through the last few months of updates figure it all out myself."
Attempt to glean a TL;DR from the immediate area of "what the QUIZNAK are we doing here?"
[2]
Redshirt examines the area.  Giant hand coming to get them while unseen creature has way too much "fun". Infinite darkness. Impossible space.  Teammate talking about theoretical metaphysics.

"I am in Hell. I have woke up in literal hell. Good. This is fine."

"What the fuck is even going on in this place?"
Shoot the shit out of the weird hand, and stay whit the group if they start running.
[2]
Burt Burt, clearly feeling a bit nervous about the whole situation, decides to alleviate some of this fear via firing wildly at the giant hand. For better or worse he misses entirely, shots going wide and hitting walls instead of flesh.
I won’t initiate anything, but I will back up my squadmates if things get hairy.
Ji Grabs her deadeyed teammate and drags him back, following Yagyu.

((I'll try to look into it later on.

EDIT: if I understand correctly we are currently in sector J. Sector L was the previous one, with the angry brobots. Too lazy to go back further right now, but will add these two to my spoiler beneath the map link.))

Back away slowly, don't fire first but if it acts hostile or dangerous then goop it. See if I can make a quick scan to maybe help us figure out what this is (eg. do I see any HELL particles?).

If we can disengage safely, try to follow the markings back to the entrance. See if I can figure out at what point the screwyness starts.

[5]
Yagyu reads the scanner as the team backs up.  No hell particles...strange lack of almost any particulate. The scanner is picking up a lot of oddities in terms of this place. For one the places is basically entirely sterile; no microbes at all. Air is an oddly perfect mix for human consumption.  Can't get a read on depth. GPS entirely offline.

[1]
He finds a mark and start following the successive marks back, one at a time.  The strange noises of what Larry called a "Mega-Anthropoid" stay with them; becoming dull and distant but never going away.  The marks, formerly simple "X" s begin to distort. At first their shapes become odd, but then they begin to take on other shapes entirely, until they're following a trail of glow in the dark headless rats towards some unknown place. His map has failed entirely and its clear that the world around them isn't following normal spatial laws.

Follow Bob.
Wet, stagnant, and natural are homely feelings. Continue on, looking for a more watery and glumpy sort of place. Stay near Tara in case she gets worried that she hasn't fed anyone enough snacks lately, but only if she doesn't turn around and had back toward the cold metal place where people don't want you firing randomly into the absolute, unnatural blackness.
Bob, feeling quite at home, continues on. He eventually comes across something that would be quite disconcerting to most people. A giant, pale, cave fish. It must be 30 feet long and as thick as a man is tall. Its laying on wet stone, gasping  and wriggling with no sign of water substantial enough for it anywhere.  Bob, however, looks at the scene and simply thinks "Big snack!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2502 on: August 17, 2020, 02:16:34 pm »

BIG SNACK
Eat Big Snack.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 17, 2020, 02:25:37 pm »

"Don't worry my fellow co-workers. To escape this we only need to use our skills in lucid dreaming to escape into the real world, reality is often easier to manipulate than putty in the parts. Through it's not really the "real" world since we ourselves are softboned mega-anthropoids living in our own little cognitive born reality, in a certain way that is."

Larry attempts to use his lucid dreaming skills to make himself a way out, all the while ignoring his softboned friends. After all only one of them needs to get out, so what if a few co-workers get stuck in a 3 googolplex long loop of death, torture, rebirth and nightmares?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 17, 2020, 04:23:09 pm »

Elen had a mental purgant with her. Does it seem like this would be enough to counteract the effects of whatever this is? If yes, does one person getting out mean the others get to escape as well (or at least have an easier time) because that person can act as their anchor back to normal reality?

If yes, take it and just concentrate on getting back to normal reality. Then try to snap the others out of it as well.

If not, Using both the glowspray and the high visibility flares try to help us get 'proper visual stimuli ' again (aka spray a bunch of paint on the nearby walls and floor and light some flares to make light to bounce off of them).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 334