Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442018 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2019, 08:21:07 am »

"I certainly did not! The precise thing I was betting on was having exactly 4 Malian deaths (including repeated deaths via reincarnation, time paradox or other such nonsense). Though if you can get another participant to join us, we could set up some sort of betting pool where we can all make minimum death bets and split the pool appropriately when we win."
"Open up an illicit gambling operation, you say? Milk our more aggressive associates for their death funds? Sounds fantastic."

Leveling strength and implants. Purchasing disposable space suit (100 OF) and grapple hook (300 OF).

Steal a crate (or better, a spool!) to set up as a gambling table. Start taking bets on the death toll for next mission:
One betting pool for team deaths, buy in is 10 OmniFunds
One betting pool for type of disaster/ mission. buy in is 5 Omnifunds.
One betting pool for scale of disaster, by order of magnitude. Buy in is 5 Omnifunds.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2019, 08:24:37 am »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
+1 Will! +1 Implants!

Redshirt looked at the list of things to buy and considered his options. "Eh," he said, "I'll take those Bionic Eyes."
And thus he went through painful, dangerous procedures to get a slightly longer life span.
Redshirt has purchased the Bionic Eyes for 500! Sheet update after confirmation.

After doing so, reply to the Note.
"4 - The number of lights above my designated dormitory's bed. I always wake up like its a fresh new day."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:14:04 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2019, 10:45:37 am »

Buy nothing.  Upgrade Str and Melee.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:12 am »

Purchase Bionic Eyes.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2019, 11:06:49 am »

Buy nothing, Fate and Mechanics were leveled up.

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2019, 01:05:14 pm »

+1 explosives, +1 fate
Received 750
Gave 5 Omni to Oz due to bet.
Purchased communicator for 150 Omni.
Purchased spacesuit for 100 Omni.

Inquire about the possibility of obtaining duct tape and/or rope and/or handcuffs.

I'm assuming I can use the communicator while wearing my spacesuit, right?

Try dialing 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 to test my newly purchased communicator.

Hotfire90

« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2019, 01:49:08 pm »

Level up Fate and Medical.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:24 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Hm, well, if there's a chance we'll need to maneuver through any sort of vertical or gravity-less environment....might as well be preparedish. Not like there's much better to purchase right now, anyway.
Purchase grapple (-300). Levelled Mechanics and Fate.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2019, 03:34:02 pm »

Level up: Speed and Speech

Purchase: Universal Communicator (150)
Disposable Spacesuit (100)
Omni-eye (50)
Omni-health insurance policy (200)
Total: 500

"Well I'm sure all this junk will come in handy."

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2019, 05:15:32 pm »

Upgraded guns d4->d6.
Upgraded Knowledge d4->d6.

Use the contract notebook to fill in the required paperwork to request upgrades for the incinerator, to enhance its long-range flame/heat based cleaning capabilities.
Also check the contract notebook if there's any clauses to what Sanitation Officers are allowed/required/forbidden to do with deceased employees and their possesions. Should none exist, draft some that allow Sanitation officers to 'use their own judgement'.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:20:25 pm by Pancaek »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2019, 06:36:48 pm »

Level up Fate and Technology!

Spoiler: Jane-Anne Warren (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2019, 12:04:13 pm »

Level up guns to d10!
Endurance to d6!
Buy an insurance policy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lance buys an insurance policy and gets a nice laminated card to prove it.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Buy Reactive Skin: 600 Omni (Replaces normal skin with layer of reactive, ablative skin. D6 life.) and Omni-eye: 50 Omni (A cheap camera designed to wirelessly connect to any universal communicator or Personal Computing Cube.)

Upgrading fate to d6 and implants to d6

Reactive skin, as Steve learns after he wakes up from the procedure, replaces one's normal skin with hundreds of quarter sized hexagonal sections, giving him a sort of "Scaly" appearance, though the flesh appears to be normal human skin.  Each section has an incredibly minute warning label apparently made out of natrual, but off color, skin. Like a bunch of freckles got together to form a cease and desist declaration.  The Omni-eye is a camera, just as it says on the box. it comes in a small metal box with padding, almost like the kind of box you'd get a ring in.  The camera itself is spherical, but with little self adhesive pads studded across it to allow it to be stuck to a surface.

Increase Endurance to d6 and Guns to d8.
Buy a Universal communicator, 3 generic rifle magazines, and a Omni-eye.
The universal communicator is a compact thing, a small screen, an even smaller camera, and a keypad so tiny that you'd probably have to be prenatal to use it comfortably. It comes with a log in for the network and a unique address so that people who know that address can contact you. A lot like a phone number, but alphanumeric and about 2 or 3 times longer than it needs to be.

Paperwork filled out and pay received, Qualt feels satisfied enough to leave their desk and visit the company store.

Reply to accounting: れるれるれるれるれる
Perform a quick check on the contents of my desk.

levelup: Speed and Mechanics.

Purchase: phoenix down external defib

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
Qualt, who apparently has some kind of memory disorder, again tries to check a desk he doesn't have.

He responds to the accounting department as well but the response gets bounced back as apparently connecting to someplace that doesn't exist.

The external defib is...well a defib. Sticky pads on wires running from a central unit that is basically a white box with a little monitor on one side. It offers instructions about how to defib and if its working or not. Should be pretty easy to use.

"I certainly did not! The precise thing I was betting on was having exactly 4 Malian deaths (including repeated deaths via reincarnation, time paradox or other such nonsense). Though if you can get another participant to join us, we could set up some sort of betting pool where we can all make minimum death bets and split the pool appropriately when we win."
"Open up an illicit gambling operation, you say? Milk our more aggressive associates for their death funds? Sounds fantastic."

Leveling strength and implants. Purchasing disposable space suit (100 OF) and grapple hook (300 OF).

Steal a crate (or better, a spool!) to set up as a gambling table. Start taking bets on the death toll for next mission:
One betting pool for team deaths, buy in is 10 OmniFunds
One betting pool for type of disaster/ mission. buy in is 5 Omnifunds.
One betting pool for scale of disaster, by order of magnitude. Buy in is 5 Omnifunds.

[10]
Jon drags the crate of fuses from the teleporter room into the barracks and sets it up  in one corner. He then immediately starts shouting like a carnival barker,  trying to induce people to bet with him.

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
+1 Will! +1 Implants!

Redshirt looked at the list of things to buy and considered his options. "Eh," he said, "I'll take those Bionic Eyes."
And thus he went through painful, dangerous procedures to get a slightly longer life span.
Redshirt has purchased the Bionic Eyes for 500! Sheet update after confirmation.

After doing so, reply to the Note.
"4 - The number of lights above my designated dormitory's bed. I always wake up like its a fresh new day."

The bionic eyes actually turn out to be a bigger package than expected. Not just eyes but also eyelids and the bone orbitals being replaced with mechanical alternatives; effectively  the entire area of the eyes is scooped out and made robotic. The flesh around the eyes is replaced by something synthetic as well, which looks sort of like human skin but slightly off color and a bit too rubbery. It almost looks like he's wearing some sort of special effects appliance in the rough shape of an eyemask for sleeping. The eyes themselves are reasonable approximations of human ones, though clearly the "Whites" are solid plastic shells and the iris is something like a camera aperture  painted to match his old eye color. They make very quiet buzzing and clicking noises as he look around or focuses on anything.  The switch to go through the different modes is apparently a sort of button/directional switch so that he can press it down and then push in different directions to toggle different modes.

Buy nothing, Fate and Mechanics were leveled up.

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
Ok.

+1 explosives, +1 fate
Received 750
Gave 5 Omni to Oz due to bet.
Purchased communicator for 150 Omni.
Purchased spacesuit for 100 Omni.

Inquire about the possibility of obtaining duct tape and/or rope and/or handcuffs.

I'm assuming I can use the communicator while wearing my spacesuit, right?

Try dialing 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 to test my newly purchased communicator.

Inquire to whom?

Yes.

It gives you an error. Apparently the "numbers" for other communicators are 32 "digits" and alphanumeric.

Level up Fate and Medical.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Alright.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Hm, well, if there's a chance we'll need to maneuver through any sort of vertical or gravity-less environment....might as well be preparedish. Not like there's much better to purchase right now, anyway.
Purchase grapple (-300). Levelled Mechanics and Fate.
Alright.

Level up: Speed and Speech

Purchase: Universal Communicator (150)
Disposable Spacesuit (100)
Omni-eye (50)
Omni-health insurance policy (200)
Total: 500

"Well I'm sure all this junk will come in handy."

Okie Dokie.

Level up Fate and Technology!

Spoiler: Jane-Anne Warren (click to show/hide)
Alright.

Upgraded guns d4->d6.
Upgraded Knowledge d4->d6.

Use the contract notebook to fill in the required paperwork to request upgrades for the incinerator, to enhance its long-range flame/heat based cleaning capabilities.
Also check the contract notebook if there's any clauses to what Sanitation Officers are allowed/required/forbidden to do with deceased employees and their possesions. Should none exist, draft some that allow Sanitation officers to 'use their own judgement'.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
[3]
Eddrick spends several minutes hen pecking at the contract notebook, but can't figure out how to get to what he wants. The auto mode works well enough but this manual mode is a goddamn cluttered nightmare.  He eventually resorts to shaking it and screaming. It, in reply, starts drafting assault and battery paperwork against him.

So, we all ready for our next outing or did you want to do anything more with your time?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2019, 12:20:44 pm »

Bet 10 Omni on 4 team deaths next incident.

Then ready to go!

EDIT: Do we have any superiors here? Or are we just following orders from a speaker?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:13:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2019, 12:30:13 pm »

Buy a communicator with my last 150 Omni. Good to go then.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2019, 12:30:36 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Do some streches to test new skin then go to the next work.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 334