Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 448554 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2625 on: September 24, 2020, 05:56:00 pm »

well, since there’s nothing better to do, I’ll keep an eye out for trouble.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 24, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »

Edward steps on some plants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 25, 2020, 04:19:43 am »

"There are to many damn plants in this damned sector!"
Go find a fire extinguisher to protect myself from the inevitable fire that's going to start, also see if there is some kind of first aid kit around here some where.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 26, 2020, 08:48:50 pm »

"Maybe the demonic possession was because of the slipped disc! Your chakras are all misaligned, man! Letting in bad vibes!"

EEED ponders this quandary for a bit, then decides to do some helping, as the only person vaguely resembling a janitor on the team at present.

Use my Arc Scraper to clear debris and stubborn plants off the door out of here. Unless someone smarter than me tells me I could cause an explosion or something by doing so, in which case I shall simply switch to my automop, which is probably rated to handle plants. Maybe.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2629 on: September 28, 2020, 10:39:27 am »

Pool. Bob.
Spoiler: Oh Buoy (click to show/hide)
Bob bobs and Bobs.

Edward steps on some plants.

Edward steps on some plants. They react in the way plants normally do when stepped on: the get squashed to some degree.

"YOU ARE WEAK, PLANTS! WEAK! I AM THE DOMINANT LIFE FORM! I HAVE THUMBS! WHAT DO YOU HAVE?! WHAT DO YOU HAVE?!"

"There are to many damn plants in this damned sector!"
Go find a fire extinguisher to protect myself from the inevitable fire that's going to start, also see if there is some kind of first aid kit around here some where.
[3]
Burt, using his common sense ( a very rare super power)  goes off to find a med kit and fire extinguisher. He finds a fire extinguisher but  the tank has been ruptured by the plants and the goo within has sprayed out already.

"This is one in a long series of bad signs."

well, since there’s nothing better to do, I’ll keep an eye out for trouble.

Ji lays on the ground.

"Life is what you make it. My life is hollow boredom." she announces to the ceiling.

"Maybe the demonic possession was because of the slipped disc! Your chakras are all misaligned, man! Letting in bad vibes!"

EEED ponders this quandary for a bit, then decides to do some helping, as the only person vaguely resembling a janitor on the team at present.

Use my Arc Scraper to clear debris and stubborn plants off the door out of here. Unless someone smarter than me tells me I could cause an explosion or something by doing so, in which case I shall simply switch to my automop, which is probably rated to handle plants. Maybe.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
EEED uses his arc scraper to burn away the plants on the door, leaving it sparkling new.

Take a look at those bags, is it the right type of fertilizer to create an explosive with? If yes, anything in this sector that could be used for the fuel part? And anything that could be repurposed/tinkered into a detonator?

Slice open the door to the next sector if necessary, but be careful not to disturb or torch any of the strange plants.
EDIT: and maybe tell that new guy not to use his high powered cleaning apparatus on the door and maybe turn the plants against us!

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu looks at the fertilizer. [2] Hmmm He's not really sure if its the explodey kind.

Check the computers to find out where they stored all their super weed! Also look at what else they were experimenting with here, I guess.

Oh, also, what's the stat/skill for turning all that nitrogen into bombs? Mechanic? Explosive? Knowledge? Assuming it's possible to do so, of course.

I am a man spider of simple pleasures: all I need is drugs and high explosives.

[9] Pathos wanders over to the lab computers and checks them. A lot of them are down; the plants have grown inside them and there's fungi eating through their circuits. He does manage to find one thats still functional and check it over.  Sadly he can find nothing about weed - he lacks the physical structures to do anything with it even if he had it anyways - but he does find out that the plants they were experimenting with here were designed, rather obviously, to use inorganic substances as their "food" instead of the normal soil and such. He finds two possible "profit paths" one  being the use of these plants in disposal of trash and the other being military applications. The files warn about exposing "Organically impaired research associates" to any plant matter, but specifically to the fungal variety due to its ability to "Deposit spores within their electronic systems and effectively devour their 'brains'".

"Demonic possession? Man, for a souless product made by some Omnitech ripoff you sure are a funny guy. Me? Possesed? Is it because of the eyes because that's like, really really racist of you good sir." Larry says before literally slipping through EEED's fingers like pizza dough escaping from their natural predator, the Italian. He also noticed there' another door. Neat.

Punch door with mind ghost magic man again. Maybe Larry should a taken a course in door breaking instead of plane eating in normal human college since he's so good at it.

[10]

Larry uses his big white friend to punch the door to the next section open. He perhaps uses a bit too much force because the door doesn't simply open, it tears completely free of its housing and skips down the hall like a stone, bouncing around the corner and continuing on. A few seconds later the sector suddenly drops into darkness before reilluminating with red emergency lights

"Warning. Subject breach. Warning. Subject Breach" Plays over the Pa system.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2630 on: September 28, 2020, 11:04:13 am »

((*Haebi planet flashbacks*))

"The mushrooms want to eat my brains! Aaaaa! I told you we should had burned them all!"

Tell me friend computer, how can I tell if I have been infected and how do I cleanse myself from this foul infection? Is it heat? Cold? Poison? Do they have any weed killer lying around? If so, acquire said weed killer.

Also, move on to the next session, because I sure as hell am not staying here longer than I have to.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 28, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »

Evil plants? That sounds gnarly. Good thing Larry is 555% human and organic and 111% mysterious colors unlike any seen on Earth. Anyway into the next sector!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 28, 2020, 02:46:39 pm »

Move into the next sector quickly before the spores catch me oh god.

Not too far though, keep some distance from whatever 'subject' just escaped. Get into cover and wait a bit in case it comes to us, goop it to the floor if it does.

EDIT: if there is time/opportunity, help people with crafting/devising their sensory deprivation measures. The late Bob had a sensory deprivation suit in his inventory, could I give that to one of them? I also have 2 sets of text-to-speech earbuds to hand out, and some blindfolds and earplugs and whatnot.

"We are entering sector D lads, and our target was last sighted in sector B, the one after this. So stay sharp and check your sensory deprivation measures, we could run into him at any moment now. I'm not sure if the current warning is for him or something else, but whatever it is, I doubt it's here to bring us cupcakes and lemonade."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:13:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 28, 2020, 11:52:36 pm »

I have been wearing the germ suit, right? In any case, I'll put it on if I’m not already wearing it, and get into the next sector. Have my tranquilizer syringe ready to inject the target of I see him
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:44:19 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 29, 2020, 04:10:11 am »

"Damn plants wanting me to burn to death and die."
Head on over to the next sector with the rest of the group and be sure to grab interesting loot on the way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 29, 2020, 10:47:09 am »

"Sensory deprivation measures? Should I be worried that I don't have any?"

Should I?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 29, 2020, 11:32:01 am »

"Sensory deprivation measures? Should I be worried that I don't have any?"

Should I?

"Yes, absolutely. Our target can mind control people if they perceive him, be it by sight, sound, smell, touch, anything. If you do not have appropriate countermeasures, you are liable to become a threat to everyone here."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 29, 2020, 01:26:58 pm »

"Okay. Hmm.... do you know if it works through screens?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 29, 2020, 02:28:34 pm »

"Okay. Hmm.... do you know if it works through screens?"

"Yes it does, but since static images are safe, as long as the framerate of the video is low enough it should be safe. Also things like motion tracking data are safe. Most robopeople have reduced our refresh rate and have a speech to text to speech plugin thanks to our benevolent computer wizards. Some of the fleshies have a sensory deprivation suit designed to handle our target. The others... just make due I suppose."

((Note: while you joined a bit later into the mission, I think IC'ly your character was there during the mission briefing, which you can find here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8073381#msg8073381

It has some info on the extent of our target's capabilities and limitations, and some of the questions we asked after that shed further light. So have a look if you feel like it!

Also note that pw has asked us to include a list of how our senses are dampened or not in our charsheet. For Yagyu for example it looks like this:
Sight: reduced refresh rate
Smell: no smell
Hearing: text to speech
Taste: no taste (hah!)
Touch: no touch beyond what's needed to stay upright I suppose

For the new players it might be good to add this to your sheet if you haven't already. That way our glorious calcium overlord knows who to fuck with all the better~))

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:18:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:49 pm »

Get into cover, try and click on a flashlight if I have one, but don't shine it around.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 334