Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449058 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2640 on: September 29, 2020, 06:15:40 pm »

"Fear not, my metallic friends! You won't be eaten by anything if you simply state that you do not give permission to be eaten, and contact your nearest human preservation attendant to file a notice. As far as mind control, I was not granted a mind at my conception so I should be unaffected, but the same advice would apply for that situation as well."

Proceed with the group into the next area. Accept sensory deprivation measures (tts earbuds etc) if someone insists that I take precautions, so as to foster better team integration. Otherwise, just consult my brain knowledge to determine if metal-eating brain fungus is a thing I can fix with the janitorial equipment I have on hand. Always pays to be helpful!

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: September 29, 2020, 09:22:42 pm »

"Thanks buddy. Now I'll be a bit less likely to be mind controlled."

Improvise some sensory depravation measures.

Rig up some sort of camera visor thing from my personal computing cube, omni-eye, and/or broken universal communicator. Program it to a low refresh rate.

Also y'know prepare a blindfold from some torn off strips of my jumpsuit, and see if anyone has some spare earplugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:24:53 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: September 30, 2020, 03:12:37 am »

"No worries. In fact I might have some stuff from some of our unfortunately fallen teammates that you might be able to use, lemme check."
((action edited))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: September 30, 2020, 04:07:32 am »

"OH GOD I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THAT STUFF, I"M SO SCREWED!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: September 30, 2020, 04:13:11 am »

"Calm the fuck down trooper, let's just see what we can get you. I have some spare stuff, and we have plenty of toolkit materials left so we can jury rig something up."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: September 30, 2020, 08:03:53 am »

"Oh yeah...    I'm an engineer I could engineer stuff to prevent my death...   I forgot all about it."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: September 30, 2020, 11:07:20 am »

"Do you think this sensory deprivation suit I found a while back will be enough protection? You know, the suits we found in that airlock-ish place, next to the corpse? Or was it multiple corpses, I can't remember. Thinking about corpses makes me hungry."

Make sure my sensory deprivation suit is on and locked down before we head forward. How much protection against mister friend's shenanigans does this thing give again?

Stick with Yagyu for now

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 01, 2020, 05:27:49 am »

"Oh yeah...    I'm an engineer I could engineer stuff to prevent my death...   I forgot all about it."
"Ah, a fellow tinkerer! Great, we'll whip something up in no time."

"Do you think this sensory deprivation suit I found a while back will be enough protection? You know, the suits we found in that airlock-ish place, next to the corpse? Or was it multiple corpses, I can't remember. Thinking about corpses makes me hungry."

"As long as the suit isn't compromised, yeah, it should do fine."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2648 on: October 01, 2020, 12:25:46 pm »

((*Haebi planet flashbacks*))

"The mushrooms want to eat my brains! Aaaaa! I told you we should had burned them all!"

Tell me friend computer, how can I tell if I have been infected and how do I cleanse myself from this foul infection? Is it heat? Cold? Poison? Do they have any weed killer lying around? If so, acquire said weed killer.

Also, move on to the next session, because I sure as hell am not staying here longer than I have to.

[9] The easiest way to tell if there has been infection is to physically look at the hardware involved and see if anything is growing on it. Assuming that's not possible- and indeed opening the machine up is a good way of exposing it to potential spores- the reports state that the most common initial signs are random failures of components as the fungi damages silicon and metal components. It is possible for a sudden total failure if the growth is in a vital section, but likely there will be progressive increased failures followed by a singular full, irreversible crash.  In theory careful application of fungicide or extreme cold are the best methods, but once infection has begun it is quite hard to extricate the fungi without damaging the hardware as the spores are microscopic and often hard to find until they begin to grow.

There are containers of fungicide around, so Pathos grabs one. He's not quite sure how to potentially apply it to his own brain though.

"Thanks buddy. Now I'll be a bit less likely to be mind controlled."

Improvise some sensory depravation measures.

Rig up some sort of camera visor thing from my personal computing cube, omni-eye, and/or broken universal communicator. Program it to a low refresh rate.

Also y'know prepare a blindfold from some torn off strips of my jumpsuit, and see if anyone has some spare earplugs.

Edward gets handed the sensory deprivation suit of the now missing alligator and puts it on. It smells like fish and grumpiness but it will work.

Make sure my sensory deprivation suit is on and locked down before we head forward. How much protection against mister friend's shenanigans does this thing give again?

Stick with Yagyu for now

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
Richter double checks his suit. It should provide full protection so long as its on and powered. Though he's rather restricted while it is on; can't exactly shapeshift in a confined suit. Then again...he wonders if the symbiote would protect him from being mind controlled. It wouldn't like people taking its host after all.

"Fear not, my metallic friends! You won't be eaten by anything if you simply state that you do not give permission to be eaten, and contact your nearest human preservation attendant to file a notice. As far as mind control, I was not granted a mind at my conception so I should be unaffected, but the same advice would apply for that situation as well."

Proceed with the group into the next area. Accept sensory deprivation measures (tts earbuds etc) if someone insists that I take precautions, so as to foster better team integration. Otherwise, just consult my brain knowledge to determine if metal-eating brain fungus is a thing I can fix with the janitorial equipment I have on hand. Always pays to be helpful!

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
EEED gets himself some communication earplugs and an eyemask. He then considers if he can be of help with plants. His arc scraper and incinerator should be great at getting rid of them...though it might be dangerous to use them on teammates. They do tend to whine about such things.

Evil plants? That sounds gnarly. Good thing Larry is 555% human and organic and 111% mysterious colors unlike any seen on Earth. Anyway into the next sector!

I have been wearing the germ suit, right? In any case, I'll put it on if I’m not already wearing it, and get into the next sector. Have my tranquilizer syringe ready to inject the target of I see him
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
((sure))
"Damn plants wanting me to burn to death and die."
Head on over to the next sector with the rest of the group and be sure to grab interesting loot on the way.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Get into cover, try and click on a flashlight if I have one, but don't shine it around.

The Murderball, not wanting to remain in the land of angry plants that can potentially eat all their competent(ish) members, rolls on into the next sector.  They follow the path that the airlock door did, moving from one big ass dent in the wall to another until they find the lab door it tore straight through.  They move inside and find 6 of those general cloning/bio-experimentation tubes. They're all broken and the door has lodged itself in the main computer at the back of the room.  To get there it had to smash through one of the tubes and there are remnants of the occupant within splattered all over the place.  It doesn't look human. In fact it looks reptilian. And big. Really big. There's the remains of a hand on the floor and the claws on it are a foot long each and curved like sickles. The other tubes appear to have been smashed from the inside out, and there are wet footsteps moving from them and out the door into the hall and off into the sector. 

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 01, 2020, 02:22:23 pm »

Does the sensory deprivation suit interfere with my disposable space suit?
Does it provide any physical or environmental protection?
Examine sensory deprivation suit for hidden features.

(By the way, can I get any sort of level up or payment for the mission that I went catatonic half way through?)

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: October 01, 2020, 03:22:48 pm »

Retroactively obtain one of those fungicide canisters while passing through the last sector.

Shoot anything which is alive and which isn't a team member within this sector.  Order the robot to also shoot any such thing.  Head straight towards the sector control room.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Sensory deprivation suit internal video screen, currently set to full speed.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And sensory deprivation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under a sensory deprivation  suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing a sensory deprivation  suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And sensory deprivation suit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 01, 2020, 07:31:12 pm »

Edward gets handed the sensory deprivation suit of the now missing alligator and puts it on. It smells like fish and grumpiness but it will work.

Pretty sure Radio was giving Edward te OTHER Bob's sensory suit, since Radio is carrying a full armory and mausoleum of deceased teammates and their gear on him.

Bob, who is not missing - he's right where the team left him - never had a sensory deprivation suit that I am aware of.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: October 02, 2020, 02:49:54 am »

Can we say Yagyu also picked up a fungicide container while on the way out?

Scan the lizard corpse remains with the scanner. Try to find something that will let us use the scanner to get some early warning that another big lizardboy is near (maybe smell/pheromones we could detect?)

Check around this lab if there's anything useful or valuable to grab.

Finally, check the computers for more info on these crocoboyos (more computer adept peeps get preference for this of course).

Pretty sure Radio was giving Edward te OTHER Bob's sensory suit, since Radio is carrying a full armory and mausoleum of deceased teammates and their gear on him.
Bob, who is not missing - he's right where the team left him - never had a sensory deprivation suit that I am aware of.
Biggo lizardo is correct! PW, if you feel I have too much crap in my inventory at any point, lemme know and I'll drop things (or find a handcart of sorts).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 02, 2020, 12:26:49 pm »

Use my engineer powers and some security cameras, computer bits, and tool kit charges to make a helmet like the sensory deprivation suit.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 02, 2020, 12:40:33 pm »

Woah! Look at all those gnarly biological weapons, it reminds Larry of home but with less meatmoss and emptiness.  Since there's so much biostuff Larry will engage in the ole' loot and scoop, maybe there's something of value lying around.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 334