Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442043 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2865 on: November 28, 2020, 10:01:58 am »

Sam will put on the gas mask and get to making a war crime grenade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[12]
Oh good.

"... You know what, that could have gone worse than it did, all in all."

Wait a bit longer until everyone seems out of it, while we wait throw fish and pudding at Bob to keep him pacified. Then give my lethal weapons to Pathos (or another not-fully-insane teammate) but keep the goop thrower, go inside and start gooping people inside to the floor. DO NOT goop the face, just the feet and maybe the hands if possible. Start from the doorway and work my way to the end of the room slowly and carefully. I'm willing to use a lot of goop for this, I have 3 full tanks in total. Make sure not to get within striking/lunging distance of anyone that hasn't been gooped yet.

Should that work, grab the sleeping gas canister and shut it off so we don't overdose them, and hope that someone will help me turn on the ventilation again. Oh, and drag Edboy outta there.

"So he has them drink his blood or something? I hope it's his blood and not something... weirder."

"I honestly don't know. Maybe he had parts of himself inserted into these people or something."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu walks into the room and expends an entire goo canister very carefully cocooning every person in there, minus the head of course. That done, he wanders over to EEED and shuts the sleeping gas off before dragging him back out into the hall.

"Everything went better then expected! Nothing could possibly ruin this!"

Ed stands next to Burt and does what he does best, which is nothing.

"How does Yagyu even carry all that stuff anyway?"
Ed tries really hard to figure out how Yagyu actually carries his stuff. Does he have some internal storage space in his robot body? An cart painted with invisibility paint? Some sort of magitech bag of holding? Someone trying to carry an entire squads worth of stuff should at least have more than d4 strength!

"Hey Tara, good job weakening the door. Now try the cart ram!"

Burt advises Ed that its best not to think about such things.

"I mean, thats nothing. Did you know that sometimes people just vanish? Not even like...die or get eaten just vanish into thin air. Most people don't notice but I saw it once. Guy had been quiet for like an hour and then...poof. Faded from existence. This place ain't right."

Sleep and dream happy chiropractic dreams. Maybe engage in communion with the god I made up five minutes ago. Or have the delusion of doing so due to the gas, either way.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
[4]
EEED, upon being dragged outside, suddenly sits up. He leaps groggily to his feet and claps.

"I HAVE SPOKEN TO GOD AND HIS NAME IS ED!"

"Since I'm not currently needed I'm gonna loot the place!"
Search around everywhere except the room full of knocked out people for any kind of loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[1] Oh good.

Guard Yagyu incase anyone tries anything. And help get Eeed outa there.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)

Ji watches EEED spasm with religious joy.  She watches this with a mixture of boredom and bemusement while leaning against a wall.

"It is getting increasingly difficult to be surprised by any of this."

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Give hammer back to Ed, then ram laundry basket into Sector A door
[2]
Tara rams the cart into reenforced titanium alloy airlock style door that has, previously, been welded shut. Despite the damage she did earlier, ramming a 10lb cart into the door with the full weight of her 110 lbs behind it fails to batter it down. Or do anything really.

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--bring the guns to me, Pathos.  I won't shoot you, and I have the body to carry an armory with me.  We hacker robots need to stick together, you know!  Also, I'm obviously the safest person to leave guns with, I'm least likely to get controlled.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Continue chanting "Fuck Derp" incessantly.  And don't shoot Pathos if he comes into Wilfred's closet.
Wilfred continues to have a breakdown. An armed breakdown.

As Ji and Yagyu watch EEED bounce around, praising his new god, Sam walks down the hall and joins up with them right outside the surgical suite. She's wearing a gas mask and appears somewhat...agitated.

"So." she starts, immediately upon walking up to them, " The good news first. I have successfully created a chemical weapon which I believe will be highly effective. Initial...accidental testing has proved it to be reliable against humans and likely against anyone else with similar biology." As she continues Burt Burt stumbles down the hall, bleeding from the eyes and grasping at his chest, coughing uncontrollably. He collapses a few feet behind Sam and she quickly steps to the side to block their view of him. A thick green cloud can be seen rolling slowly down the hall towards them all.

"Now, the bad news...is it might not be fully contained."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #2866 on: November 28, 2020, 10:13:57 am »

"Suggestion: Organics should evacuate to sector A. I will attempt to vent the gas. Or direct it to the previous section."

Try to reactivate ventilation to remove both the poison and the sleeping gas so that we can prevent further damage to organics. Then move on with the rest.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:28:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 28, 2020, 10:15:26 am »

"Why. Why do any of those things you guys are doing? We are so close to finishing this damn assignment. I'm starting to see where Wil is coming from."

Yagyu leans on Ji for a moment while rubbing his robotic temples. It did not do much of course, but this mimicry of his former fleshy coping mechanism still calmed his digital frustration a bit.

"Welp, either we neutralize/inhibit that gas somehow, suck it away through the vents, or just evacuate the fleshies and close that door while we wait for the gas to dissipate."

"Suggestion: Organics should evacuate to sector A. I will attempt to vent the gas. Or direct it to the previous section."

"Sounds like a plan, spiderman. Need my help rigging anything up?

I'd suggest just venting it away if you can, if you put it into the previous sector it might just trouble us again on the way back."

Close the door to the surgical suite so all the people we just spent so much effort in securing don't fucking die. Then retrieve gear.

Then if the venting plan needs any mechanical work done, then do it, using a toolkit charge. Make sure not to strike a flame/create a spark near that gas in case it is flammable (unless the scanner indicates it's unlikely to be the case).

If not, help with Bob removal by luring him away with fishy snacks.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:29:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 28, 2020, 10:29:02 am »

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm an unstable genius! It was just supposed to be some harmless mustard gas, not a virus bomb, oh why must I exceed in everything I do! But fiiiiiiiiiine, just so you can't say I'm irresponsible I'll fix up BB over there."

Un-warcrime Burt's lungs, use a medikit to do so.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:33:23 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: November 28, 2020, 10:40:44 am »

Ed pops off his sensory deprivation helmet, pops on his disposable space suit helmet, and resumes leaning against the exact same wall.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 28, 2020, 10:47:29 am »

Run to the room with the gas and see if I can’t close the door. Afterwards, grab Burt and carry him to a safe place where a medic could get to him.

EDIT- Also try to save Bob

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:59:56 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 28, 2020, 08:25:01 pm »

((someone's gonna have to prod Bob away from the green gas, assuming anyone wants the voracious and mildly destructive living fossil to survive. He's not sapient enough to understand that green smoke cloud means danger.))

Bob.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 29, 2020, 01:01:33 am »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp.  You guys should just let the poison spread everywhere.  Yeah, it'll kill off all the fleshies, but that includes Derp, and best of all this was genuinely an accident!  Nobody loses their pay!  Except the organic members of the team.  But let's face it, they were all gonna die anyway.  We're all gonna die if we don't figure something out.  And killing Derp is certainly figuring something out!  Assuming he's even still here.  I could totally see him having just left through the superstructure hours ago, with this prerecorded message and all the mooks just being a distraction.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 29, 2020, 05:09:27 am »

Lay on the floor and hope medicine can remove the warcrimes from my lungs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 29, 2020, 09:46:48 am »

"Oh shit, pushbot, our plan to become invisible by standing still just fell apart!"

Stay away from the gas. Evacuate to sector A like Ji said if necessary.
Make sure Pushbot is with me at all times, and ask him if he has any suggestions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 30, 2020, 02:48:19 pm »

EEED, fresh-faced from his communion with the god ED (GED, for short) gazes upon the latest warcrime of his teammates without fear.

"The solution here is evident, my friends! Firstly, pray to ED for fortune. Then, behold as I engineer a counter-agent to this noxious cloud!"

Use my dubious medical knowledge to discern and concoct a mixture that would render this gas harmless!

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 30, 2020, 03:07:56 pm »

((People keep going on about warcrimes, but I don't think it counts, we're not actually at war with anyone! And even if we were I don't actually think Geneva covers gassing your own side.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: November 30, 2020, 03:36:41 pm »

((People keep going on about warcrimes, but I don't think it counts, we're not actually at war with anyone! And even if we were I don't actually think Geneva covers gassing your own side.))
((We're in the F U T U R E, so Geneva 2 probably came out and covers some new grounds))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 01, 2020, 02:37:17 pm »

Run to Sector A if possible, if Sector A is still closed, head to Sector D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2879 on: December 03, 2020, 10:09:03 am »

Try to reactivate ventilation to remove both the poison and the sleeping gas so that we can prevent further damage to organics. Then move on with the rest.

[8]
Pathos turns on the ventilation system and cranks it to high. The green cloud becomes less distinct and then vanishes entirely. Well that was easy.

"Why. Why do any of those things you guys are doing? We are so close to finishing this damn assignment. I'm starting to see where Wil is coming from."

Yagyu leans on Ji for a moment while rubbing his robotic temples. It did not do much of course, but this mimicry of his former fleshy coping mechanism still calmed his digital frustration a bit.

"Welp, either we neutralize/inhibit that gas somehow, suck it away through the vents, or just evacuate the fleshies and close that door while we wait for the gas to dissipate."

"Sounds like a plan, spiderman. Need my help rigging anything up?

I'd suggest just venting it away if you can, if you put it into the previous sector it might just trouble us again on the way back."

Close the door to the surgical suite so all the people we just spent so much effort in securing don't fucking die. Then retrieve gear.

Then if the venting plan needs any mechanical work done, then do it, using a toolkit charge. Make sure not to strike a flame/create a spark near that gas in case it is flammable (unless the scanner indicates it's unlikely to be the case).

If not, help with Bob removal by luring him away with fishy snacks.

Yagyu closes the door to the surgical suite as the message from within begins to repeat itself. He retrieves his stuff and [3] Fireman carries Bob away with him.

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm an unstable genius! It was just supposed to be some harmless mustard gas, not a virus bomb, oh why must I exceed in everything I do! But fiiiiiiiiiine, just so you can't say I'm irresponsible I'll fix up BB over there."

Un-warcrime Burt's lungs, use a medikit to do so.
Lay on the floor and hope medicine can remove the warcrimes from my lungs.
[10]
Sam handles the mundane work of filtering the chlorine gas out of Burt's system and pumping him full of coagulants and pain killers to stop the bleeding and the whining.  He sits up, still coughing, but luckily too sedated and relatively healed to care much.

"My vision is blurry and my lungs hurt but I'm ok with this." Burt says, stumbling to his feet and hacking up a small piece of bloody phlegm.

"Yeah...there's no antidote to chemical burns to the lungs. Just gotta get over it on your own." Sam explains as Yagyu gives her a look. Or attempts too, robot and all.

Ed pops off his sensory deprivation helmet, pops on his disposable space suit helmet, and resumes leaning against the exact same wall.

Ed switches helmets. Then, when he sees the gas is no longer an issue, switches back. He spends the next several minutes making "Move it along" gestures at the team while also miming looking at his watch.

Run to the room with the gas and see if I can’t close the door. Afterwards, grab Burt and carry him to a safe place where a medic could get to him.

EDIT- Also try to save Bob

Ji, a bit late for everything, runs around between all the various activities happening, asking if she can help and immediately darting away before anyone can say anything. Luckily no one seems to need her help this time so her frantic bopping about isn't that big of a deal.

"Oh shit, pushbot, our plan to become invisible by standing still just fell apart!"

Stay away from the gas. Evacuate to sector A like Ji said if necessary.
Make sure Pushbot is with me at all times, and ask him if he has any suggestions.

Edward climbs onto the pushbot's shoulders and has it carry him to the door to sector A. He asks it what its advice for the current situation is, and it recommends pushing.

"Honestly, I should have seen that coming."

EEED, fresh-faced from his communion with the god ED (GED, for short) gazes upon the latest warcrime of his teammates without fear.

"The solution here is evident, my friends! Firstly, pray to ED for fortune. Then, behold as I engineer a counter-agent to this noxious cloud!"

Use my dubious medical knowledge to discern and concoct a mixture that would render this gas harmless!

[2][2]
Ed is suddenly struck by a tremendous forgetfulness and spends the next several minutes staring at the ceiling, trying and failing to remember what he was doing and why he came in here.

"It was....I had to...Uh...If...hmm"

Run to Sector A if possible, if Sector A is still closed, head to Sector D

Tara finds herself at the door to Sector A. 

And then suddenly, somehow, EVERYONE on the team finds themselves at the door to sector A with her!  Its like the narrator was looking ahead at the next zany 10 pages of this stuff and simply decided to skip to the part where they do a relevant thing! Yeah like 10 whole pages of wacky stunts before they all got here, can you believe that? I'm pretty sure I saw Ed get married to a marmoset on page 6 but whatever, we're moving on.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 334