Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 448532 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2019, 01:16:41 pm »

Jon glances at Pathos, the chuckle still leaking out of his mouth.
"a slash-list alert, Pathos! Bet there'll be overtime today! Looks like you're gonna win this death pool."

Perhaps you missed the part where Jon was supposed to physically assault his teammate for their bets? No matter, the game is afoot. Which is where Jon will not be. Grab a trolley, shuttle, scooter, or other mobility device and putter along toward the biological hazard. Be sure to grab a spare set of sanitation gear - we probably have them in a janitorial closet in our janitorial 'office' - in case the monkey arrives while we're out. (p.s. I am fully aware that Orangutans are apes rather than monkeys)

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[12]
Jon searches for a nice cart or trolley for him to ride into the cleaning battle on. He finds one in a nearby supply closet but also finds out something else: the supply closet locks from the outside and there's no way to open it from the inside now that the door is closed.

"Who designed this?" He looks around and finds a small steel plate on the bottom of the door that says 'MANUFACTURED BY MONTRESOR INDUSTRIES'. 

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MONTRESOR!"

Be sure to be wearing disposable Space suit.

Then very slowly walk after the others.

Along the way, search the local network to find someone working in that lab, preferably someone in charge. Try to call them with my communicator and ask what's going on and what kind of help they need.

[6]
Pathos does a quick search over the network and finds a lead scientist with the rather odd name of "Bill Pelican" that has a listed communicator number.  He gives it a call and after a few seconds the video feed kicks on and shows a smiling man. He's an older man, maybe mid 40's, with balding black hair and an extremely thin and gaunt appearance. He has large circular glasses, nearly closed eyes, and is smiling as though he just remembered something funny.  His face is lit by the glow of the communicator and he seems to be in an otherwise dark room.

"Hello." He says, voice slightly singsong, "Are you the security team coming to our aid?"

Pathos replies in the affirmative and the man nods as though it were the most obvious and correct thing in the world.

"Ah well. I can't tell you for sure whats going on but the events originated in the third sublab where they were testing the new biosymbiotes. If I had to guess they had another bio-feedback event. Frightfully common, but it must have gotten quite out of hand.  I'm currently hold up in a closet in the first sublab. I'd appreciate a rescue, when you have the time."

"free hammer..."
Add the hammer to my inventory. Examine hammer for any hidden special features. What's it's melee attack die?

Put on my full body space condom AKA  disposable spacesuit.

Edit: Oh yeah and follow the crowd. Try to stay at the least conspicuous and least likely to be targeted or noticed spot. Not front, not back, not directly in the middle. Somewhere near the middle-rear of the swarm of idiots.

((The hammer is d4 damage. It has no special features.))

Scan for pathogens.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
As Yagyu follows the group, he holds up his environmental scanner and has it automatically search for things.  As they near the lab it starts registering higher than normal particulate levels of blood and other bodily fluids along with "Exotic proteins" but nothing it recognizes as pathogenic.

EVERYONE ELSE AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE ABOVE

The security team makes its way from the barracks towards the labs in question. They turn out to be a while away, down several levels and west maybe a half mile. At first everything seems orderly and generally fine, but as they get closer to the lab, things start to fall apart. People are running in the opposite direction and they have to squeeze through the escaping crowds.  Some of the escaping people are injured, though none badly enough to have to stop and help them. Its only when they reach the halls directly outside the lab that things get quite bad.  The lab itself is a secure lab, one of the many self contained pods structures that are completely encased save for a single airlock entrance and various utility lines for electricity, water, etc. The airlock in is closed and the lights around it are flashing a bright warning red. A digital display above the door shows the Lab number -I03- and then a warning about Biological contamination and hazardous lifeforms.  The airlock is shut and its readout marks it as "SEALED", ie won't open to anyone but security or properly vetted normal personnel.  There's a good deal of garbage laying around near the door, some smears of blood from people with probably light injuries, and a body. The body is that of a man, injured but not immediately fatally so. No doubt he was injured somewhere in the labs and made it here before collapsing. His white labcoat has a spreading red stain and hole in the back; a puncture wound.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2019, 01:27:45 pm »

"Your call is very important to us. Please hold."

Mute my mic (or hold my finger over the mic if it lacks a mute function).

Direct teammates to the Head scientist. He's the one writing out review, which means he's the one paying us. Rescuing, killing or taking him hostage should be our first priority. He might also be able to give us information, but really, who cares about that?

What do I know about these biofeedback events?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:29:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:02 pm »

Check whether the body is still alive, give him medical treatment if he is. Try to determine what caused the puncture wound.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2019, 02:32:55 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Continue thinking nonhazardous thoughts. Roll knowledge of what kinds of biohazards this lab was developing. Move up with Heather, keep the man covered and prepare to spray him to the floor in case he shows a suddenly desire to chew Heather's face off or starts growing extra appendages or fangs or whatever.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2019, 02:58:50 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Go to help Heather with the healing.

Also check his pockets for a map, keycar or minicomputer with a map. I feel like we don't want to be completely lost inside there.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »

Biofeedback?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »

"What a mess. Science sure is a filthy thing."

Approach the corpse. Let the medic check if its alive. If it is, let them have it. If it isn't, nick whatever stuff he's got on him, them stuff him straight into the incinerator.
Also clean the area around the door of blood and garbage using the automap and laser squeegee as necessary.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2019, 04:14:22 pm »

”Jeez, looks like the party’s already started!”
Point rifle at the guy and don’t un-point it until he’s either proven alive, or disposed of. If he does anything agressive, shoot him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2019, 08:42:03 pm »

”Jeez, looks like the party’s already started!”
Point rifle at the guy and don’t un-point it until he’s either proven alive, or disposed of. If he does anything agressive, shoot him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This guy has the right idea.  Follow his lead. Preferably from behind him, so that if the corpse explodes into demons he'll get hit first.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »

"It's definitely gonna be zombies."

Hang back. No reason to risk myself when other people can risk themselves.

I guess I'll see if I can set my omni-eye to dark spooky grainy found footage mode and start filming the zombiepocalypse.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2019, 11:20:49 pm »

"It's definitely gonna be zombies."

"Unless it's chestbursters."  "How about on a you techie guys go look at the alerts to see what's up?  And the rest of ya, stand back."

Shoot the body in the head.  Yes, even though the medics want to save the person.  They can take samples and find out after things are secure.  Then re-aim to the back area around the puncture wound and unload a full burst as soon as the medics back away.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:27:55 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2019, 05:51:12 am »

Look through the garbage that's on the ground near the door, and grab anything that's interesting or valuable.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2019, 08:50:00 am »

"Dammit, Eddie is gonna get all the good gibbets!"

I have two choices: One stupid and the other suicidal. Imma do both.

Get on the trolley, back up as far as I can in the supply closet and rev the engine. point my incinerator nozzle at the door and crank it to max, then charge!

"Fuck you Montresor!"

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:08:00 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »

I was gonna try and scan the bloke before people could touch him, but since some are apparently about to go trigger happy, instead try to urge people out of the 'splash zone' of blood and bits of person while the shooting is going on. Stay well away from the line of fire either way. Once coast is clear and he didn't turn into zombies or something, scan for pathogens, and scan his tissue as well to see if anything is off.

If I can't do this for some reason, go search for the lab where the science guy is held up. Don't open his door just yet though.

((Also: pw told me I got 100 schekels for doing that name+fate stat thing a while back. Lup, in case you didn't see the message on discord: if you want some of that due to basically doing the same work, just say so and you have it. Seems only fair.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2019, 09:43:34 am »

Fork over 20 O-bux and get my teeth fixed.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 334