Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452722 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2019, 06:39:24 am »

Quick loot the bodies before the janitors burn them, and keep my rifle at the ready in case the bodies aren't dead.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2019, 08:43:37 am »

I could back up and try again, only this time while swinging my grapple hook.
I could rummage through the supply closet for a crowbar. Hmm, crowbars are a little too "Protagonist-y." Seems like the kind of thing a guy in a power suit might use to beat down flying buzzsaw bots or something.

or, I could reach through the gap and open the door from the outside. Let's do that. If that fails, let's do options a and b instead: as in, find crowbar, swing grapple hook, and crash into the door with a trolley. Be sure to yell Tally Hooooooooooooo~~~! Either way.

Try to stay just behind the janitors, to give them covering fire.
Quick loot the bodies before the janitors burn them, and keep my rifle at the ready in case the bodies aren't dead.
I like how the janitors are now viewed as both the most effective, and the most destructive, part of the crew.

"I'm not locked inside this closet with all these supplies. All these supplies are locked inside this closet with me!"

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2019, 03:59:03 pm »

Stay behind the security guards, watch out for anything that requires shooting or medicine.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2019, 05:21:52 pm »

Step inside the lab and peer around. Stay close to one of the walls in case the guys behind start firing.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2019, 11:25:04 am »

Sigh, such a waste.

Ok then, since the last guy is basically just ash now, try to scan the newest batch of corpses to see if they are contaminated with something. Also scan environment of course.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2019, 04:23:22 pm »

Hang back and let the combat people enter first, then follow them and start cleaning up the mess that was described last turn. If I run across valuable or interesting looking items, on corpses or otherwise, grab them.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:29:46 pm by Pancaek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2019, 06:00:03 pm »

Swing by a staff bathroom of some kind and admire my newly repaired smile in the mirror. Not that I ever really smile, but, y'know.
Gussy up a bit, then proceed to the general area of the team and their shenanigans, assuming I can find them. Don't get close, though. Dead bodies and biohazards? Ew.

Just, fiddle around with attaching the omni-eye to my communicator and getting it set up.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2019, 06:43:19 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Stay at the lab door, ensuring that nothing dangerous gets out. If need be, use Rifle at long range for suppression.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2019, 01:59:56 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Send a copy of the map to whoever has a computing cube in the team.
If the riots guys try to advance, point them towards lab 1 there is a man to rescue.

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Editec action.
Steve does a quick data transfer to Pathos via tapping his cube against Pathos', copying the map onto the other man's cube. He does the same to anyone else who has a cube as well.

"Hah! See? That's why you don't-" Pathos started to say as he turned towards Jon, only to find that he was not there.
"Hm." he grunted and shrugged. Who knew where the man was? Slacking off somewhere, no doubt. Oh well. He could always gloat later.

Inform Mr. Scientist we're coming to get him, but there's a lot of dead bodies around and my more brutish teammates are armed and twitchy. He should keep quiet and hidden until we contact him. No strange noises, no sudden movements, nothing that could make him look like a target to my teammates or whatever is stalking these halls.

"Ah yes." The man says, still apparently unperturbed, "I know the type. Real paranoid bunch ready to gun down their own shadows at the slightest provocation? Say no more. I shall be as silent as the corpse of an angry wife." He does a little 'zipped lips' motion to emphasize this.

Keep filming. Get all the gory details on camera. Seems this horror movie might end up being a splatter film.

"We should probably go to lab 3. Cause of the whole "Don't go here!" Note."

Edward keeps dashing about, trying to get the best coverage he can of all the events unfolding  currently.  He asks a few people to say things like "Lets split up!" or "Its probably nothing!" before suggesting that they run headlong into the facility in complete disregard for their own safety. Preferably while yelling. He then asks Mildred, Heather, and any other lady he can find if they would be willing to go topless.

"It will be artful, nothing crass" he says, "This is a classy production."

[5]
Benny does a quick round of robbing the dead and gets an armful of goodies. The most important of which are the following: A blue keycard, A green keycard, some sort of little sphere of metal with a blinking red LED embedded in it, another personal computing cube, 2 wedding rings, 3 calculator watches, several packs of gum, several packs of cigarettes, a business card to someplace called "The Blue Smoke Lounge", and a single pocket sized volume of Garfield cartoons.

I could back up and try again, only this time while swinging my grapple hook.
I could rummage through the supply closet for a crowbar. Hmm, crowbars are a little too "Protagonist-y." Seems like the kind of thing a guy in a power suit might use to beat down flying buzzsaw bots or something.

or, I could reach through the gap and open the door from the outside. Let's do that. If that fails, let's do options a and b instead: as in, find crowbar, swing grapple hook, and crash into the door with a trolley. Be sure to yell Tally Hooooooooooooo~~~! Either way.

Try to stay just behind the janitors, to give them covering fire.
I like how the janitors are now viewed as both the most effective, and the most destructive, part of the crew.

"I'm not locked inside this closet with all these supplies. All these supplies are locked inside this closet with me!"

[4] It takes some stretching and awkward wiggling but Jon manages to get his arm out enough to open the door. He props it open with his mop before dragging the trolley out and then shouting "TALLY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~!".

Its a bit weird because he shouts it while just standing still and then continues to just stand there awkwardly for several seconds afterwards. Him shouting and unpronounceable character at the end there is also sort of disconcerting. 

Sigh, such a waste.

Ok then, since the last guy is basically just ash now, try to scan the newest batch of corpses to see if they are contaminated with something. Also scan environment of course.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu waves his scanner around some more.  The environmental scan picks up traces of various organic substances in the air, vast majority of which are natural and probably account for the overwhelming smell of blood, guts, and death hanging around like a turd in the punch bowl. Of course there are trace amounts of unknown organic elements and what the scanner describes as "Possible extradimensional, transuranic elements".  Its all in very small quantities though.

Swing by a staff bathroom of some kind and admire my newly repaired smile in the mirror. Not that I ever really smile, but, y'know.
Gussy up a bit, then proceed to the general area of the team and their shenanigans, assuming I can find them. Don't get close, though. Dead bodies and biohazards? Ew.

Just, fiddle around with attaching the omni-eye to my communicator and getting it set up.

Mildred wanders in, smiling exaggeratedly at everyone and jerking her eyebrows around like a vaudeville actor with a facial tic. When no one complements her on her newly unbusted mouth, she deflates a bit and starts working on getting her omni-eye set up. The set up turns out to be pretty easy and straight forward, so much so that even someone without any real technical knowledge can do it.

That's quite some carnage. Are we looking at a purely mundane biohorror killing spree or something more fucky?
Advance, scan the room for abnormalities using Bionic Eyes. Prepare to dodge.

[6] Clem concludes that this is definitely some level of occult fuckery. Maybe not a high level, there's no pentagrams or greater circles or Latin swear words written in entrails or anything like that, but this sort of abject murder is rarely the predilection of anything purely organic. You'd expect a normal critter to kill a few people at most, maybe find it munching on an intern. This thing kills because it wants to, so unless one of the lab boys snapped and started purging the thots chances are that this is something from somewhere mean. Clem cycles its eyes a few times. Xray doesn't show anything, heat shows only that these things happened recently as the bodies are still nearly body temp, motion tracking is killed by all the teammates running around, Threat adviser helpfully points out the pile of dead bodies as potentially hazardous, and so on. Not a lot of info.

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

Thank you, disembodied narrator! I'd shake your hand but someone would think I'm waving at them. Awkward.

Money? Bonus money? I like money. Head for that locked up guy! Rifle up, ready to shoot tentacle spike zombies or whatever is running around.

Jenga...django...Jengo! Immediately runs off straight into the labs with nary a thought given to personal safety or accidentally calling down an angry demon on his friends. Perhaps luckily he doesn't get very far. He runs down the small diagonal hallway and then into a large and quite oddly shaped room. The room has two levels, one upper level and one lower one, though its only lower by maybe 5 or 6 feet.  The upper level snakes around to the left to a large square section, the center of which contains some sort of complex machine that sort of resembles the teleporter from before. There's another rise up to a third level that runs around the edge of half of the square room and connects to a door on the far side. That door looks very very sturdy, the sort of thing you'd expect to see on a nuclear blast shelter.  The lower section of the room leads to another door, though this one just looks like an airlock.

There are more bodies here, in various states of completeness between "Mostly whole" and "Giblets", and plenty of blood. There are also what look like distorted human footprints in blood and the signs of something sharp rending gashes and cuts into the metal. There's a torso impaled against one wall with a section of handrail ripped from the platform leading to the blast door. There are clear labels on the walls for "LAB 1-2" and "LAB 3", the first pointing towards the airlock, and the second towards the blast door.

Hang back and let the combat people enter first, then follow them and start cleaning up the mess that was described last turn. If I run across valuable or interesting looking items, on corpses or otherwise, grab them.

Edd waits for the combat guys to roll in but besides one or two that walk maybe a few feet into the room, and one that sprints off away from the rest of the group, everyone just cowers behind him.  He looks back at the heavily armed mass of cowards and sighs before getting to work. Seeing as Benny has already scrapped up all the goods from the corpses, Edd just starts cleaning. Bodies are incinerated, blood is mopped, and security men are made to feel safe enough to go do their dang jobs.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Or we can just murder everyone, I guess. THINK OF YOUR BONUS CHECKS, PEOPLE. More company assets saved = more likelihood of bonus money.

Move up behind the expendables up front, keep an eye on the ceiling and the walls. Other people will be busy watching up ahead, I imagine. Stop shortly inside, cover the janitors as they dispose of the bodies so we can seal the doors again. CHECK ENVIRONMENTAL SCANNER [ah why did I forget to do that]

Or we can just murder everyone, I guess. THINK OF YOUR BONUS CHECKS, PEOPLE. More company assets saved = more likelihood of bonus money.

Move up behind the expendables up front, keep an eye on the ceiling and the walls. Other people will be busy watching up ahead, I imagine.

Follow along behind this guy, watching behind the group for enemies.  Yes, I know, the lab is sealed and all the monsters are inside, but we already saw weird anime bullshit infect an ape, maybe the monsters are going to teleport behind us!

Don't proceed past the corpses until the janitors dispose of them.  If the corpses get up and attempt to kill and/or eat our janitors, shoot them.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
"Okay, listen up.  We need to clear that entry room so we can get these doors shut again.  I don't want whatever-the-fuck this is getting loose on the facility."

"So get cleaning, get firing positions set up, and get out of the doorway!"

Follow my own orders.  Try to stay just behind the janitors, to give them covering fire.  Shoot any body that is both mostly intact and displaying a puncture wound.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
”Looks like you janitors have your work cut out for you”
Stand just inside the door and be ready to double-tap anything as the janitors get to work. Also watch the door and make sure nothing that isn’t security comes in or out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stay behind the security guards, watch out for anything that requires shooting or medicine.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Step inside the lab and peer around. Stay close to one of the walls in case the guys behind start firing.
Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Stay at the lab door, ensuring that nothing dangerous gets out. If need be, use Rifle at long range for suppression.
The rest of the security team bravely...edges its way into the first room past the outer door and proceeds to shuffle about in that first room, looking around, repeatedly scanning, and twitchy pointing their rifles at shadows and phantom sounds.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2019, 02:08:39 pm »

Close and seal/lock/whatever we can do to the doors as soon as the entire security team has passed them. Then move down the hallway, foam gun at the ready.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2019, 02:18:02 pm »

Nobody lives forever, move up to where that one guy went and inspect the two passage ways. I’m guessing the non-blast door is going to be the more practical route for the moment. If more of my comrades find their braver, then advance in whatever way the group decides is best.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2019, 02:21:15 pm »

"Hey Benny, not cool man. The Janitor Union's code specifically states we clean up for you guys and provide smartass remarks for no extra charge, in exchange for getting a share of the dead people's trinkets. Tell you what though, I'll trade you this delicious candy bar for that weird metal stress ball you picked up. It's 50% less calories, so it's delicious and good for you!"

Sigh and follow the guy who ran wildly into the labs, loot the corpses that are there. Also look in the mess for anything interesting. Then start the grind of cleaning up all the corpses, giblets and other garbage in the room and along the way I took to get here. Leave the actual investigating to other people, I've got stuff to clean up.

Trade: Trade my half eaten candy bar for Benny's (King Zultan) metal sphere thing.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:29:59 pm by Pancaek »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2019, 02:54:41 pm »

"Alright, gang, let's split up and look for clues!" I joke to myself, chuckling lightly and kicking some bodies to see if they explode/drop useful items. But that kind of silly clean up work is for those of lesser heart - check out those doors! Any evidence either has been tampered with/used by a blood soaked demon? Try desperately to resist the temptation to take the door that will take me closer to the trapped scientist. Must... Not... Open... Yet!

Sometimes the cowering masses need a Pioneer rushing bravely, blindly ahead to inspire them to move. And that man is...

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2019, 03:25:38 pm »

A smug, extremely self satisfied look on his face and having properly declared his tally ho, Jon rides the trolley to the lab, not stopping until he finds corpses to incinerate, trash to incinerate, loot to be acquired, tipped over barrels to right, crates to stack, and bets to wager. Also, since apparently I need to chain actions in order to catch up to the oh so fast moving security cowards team: Once arrived, do these things. Once these things are done, proceed through airllock and repeat these things. once these things are done, head to the break room and steal anything not nailed down. Also, "These things" refers to the above mentioned incinerating, incinerating, acquiring, righting, stacking, and wagering of corpses, trash, loot, barrels, crates, and bets.

Also, where's my monkey?

Show me the monkey!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2019, 04:19:15 pm »

Proceed into that first room, checking for monsters behind any blind corners.  Jump down to the lower level if there's nothing, and immediately check under the upper level walkway if there's space under it.  If no monsters are found, proceed to the airlock and start looking at its controls.  Don't touch anything, just look if there's anything which is clearly an "Open" button, or a "Show camera feed of all the monsters on the other side" button.

If any monsters are seen at any time, shoot them.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 334