Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451067 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #3330 on: February 28, 2021, 04:15:52 pm »

Level Up:
Speech d8 -> d10 -> d12
Fate d4 -> d6
Will d6 -> d8

Buy OMNI Man-Zapper (100) with 10 charges (30), Blue Smoke Nootropic Cigar (100), OMNITECH Reactive Personal Shield Generator (500), OMNITECH Threat Analyzer (250)
Total of 980 Omni out of 1000 Mission pay.

Mission stuff - see if the Canadian military bases have open lines of communication or it has to be an in-person chat. Additionally, see if there are any publicly available maps on the livestreams of who controls what hex.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3331 on: February 28, 2021, 04:30:28 pm »

"Hey Pathos, wanna look up where the Orange zone supply drops are? Whether we try to steal them or avoid them, it's for the best to know where they are."
Anya will don her balaclava and immediately put on and start up the "Omni-fun" Visor to see what games are on it.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Detroit has a beach
« Reply #3332 on: February 28, 2021, 04:40:29 pm »

If not, half normal price plus d6, no more than starting price
1) They are 100 omni and I rolled a 3 on the d6, so that'd be 53 omni then? Does the die you roll depend on how expensive the item is, or what else do you mean with 'd6'?

2) How much spare ammo do the auditor weapons come with?

Autonomous targeting system: Allows for a second weapon to be fired as a secondary attack even after firing the standard single attack. Weapon must be held in the other hand and uses suit parameters instead of user skill.
3) What do you mean by 'suit parameters'? What does it roll then?

For the mission:
4) Edited map with grids coordinates and points of interest. What do you think of it, is it clear for you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5) If yes, Where on the map is the 'Neo-Detroit Institute of Human Advancement'? Is it the middle of the red zone?

6) What do the locals value most, aka what could we use to trade with them? Food, medicine, ammo?

7) What are our ROE? 

(Got more questions but don't wanna overwhelm.)

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3333 on: February 28, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »

Try to set up a program to help us find the scientists. The program should examine video footage of people and look for outward signifiers of scientific aptitude such as glasses, poor physique, pocket protectors, labcoats, frizzy white hair, proximity to scientific equipment, etc.

When it sees a scientist, it will sound an audiable alarm and highlight said scientist. This should help us reliably identify the scientists that we are looking for.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:59:08 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 28, 2021, 07:39:01 pm »

((there should be bases on 75 south and 96 West as well. Probably more realistically than the ones on 75 north (leads to Flint, and who cares about Flint?) and 94 North (The Thumb? Really? May as well force the altered to move there rather than keep them out. Also, those directions aren't great for military resupply while 96 and 75 have much better access for that kind of thing. Well, assuming the various world changing events didn't change anything particularly important.))

I do have a question or two about this mission. Bob doesn't, but I do.

Also

PW! YOU'VE GONE AND PUT THE ENTIRE TEAM AT THE MERCY OF A 'PILOT' AGAIN! HASN'T ER, DIG, AND MOOK TAUGHT YOU ANYTHING YET?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: February 28, 2021, 08:20:41 pm »

"Questions! Firstly, have there been any observations of coherent religious beliefs popping up among the inhabitants of either the yellow or orange zones? If so, what are their details and/or objects of worship? And their names, especially their names. Secondly, what can we expect as far as how HELL-infused objects will react with the various sorts of reality distortions? Thirdly, what could be summarized as the average mental state of an inhabitant of the yellow zone? Is there any commonality to how the reality distortion affects people there, or is it mostly patternless? Fourthly, have any incidences of thought forms such as, er, the one involving gambling that we encountered recently been observed as manifesting in any of the zones with any degree of frequency?

And fifthly, have you heard the Sacred Name of our Lord and Savior ED? If not, there's a lot to be gained from just a quick overview of the Sacred Precepts...

EEEDD continues on a ramble about the benefits of ED-dom to anybody in blathering distance for the next 30 minutes.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3336 on: February 28, 2021, 08:44:20 pm »

"Our first destination should be Ann Arbor. We could get information there. We could even hire a tour guide. If we're lucky we might even find official exclusion zone T-shirts! I'm sure Bob would love to have one of those."

1. Could I drive the APC if our AI driver is incapacitated? Do I fit in the driver's seat?
2. Could I inject a demon into a car and have it drive around? Or would it need to be a self driving car?
3. Any advice/info about identifying anomalies/safe paths? Would it be useful to hire a local tour guide? Are there even safe paths or are the anomalies constantly moving and changing?
4. If we find and capture an interesting human or animal, can we bring them back or would that break quarantine and get the army shooting at us? If we find one of those scientists, could we give them to OMNITECH or do they need to stay in the zone?
5. Any particularly successful gangs/warlords we should know about/watch out for? Anyone we could potentially negotiate with for information? Perhaps in exchange for taking care of some other gang for them?
6. What's the situation on Ann Arbor? Under military control? Some militia keeping the peace? Some warlord ruling the place? An uneasy peace between gangs? Warzone?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:48:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: March 01, 2021, 12:20:55 am »

Baldwin looks at the map for a moment and then takes a puff from his pipe. A ring of smoke comes out whose radius is constantly expanding and contracting, while the colors slowly oscillate from purple, to yellow, to green.

"Yep, looks like a long drive... Is there any reason why we're starting from the edge of the circle and creeping inwards? It seems like it'd be easier to just airdrop us out of the sky right above our objective and go full operation market garden on that shit. It's not like the interference goes infinitely upwards. Those weapons companies were able to figure out how to drop supplies into the zone after all."

"Also, how's sailing in the anomaly? It seems like the Detroit river could be a useful way of getting us out of there once we find what we're looking for."

Baldwin also makes a request to see some live footage of the TV violence in the orange zone. His goal is to get a better feel for how the reality warping shenanigans in the anomaly manifest. Does his occult training give him any deeper understanding of what's going on? Maybe other reality warping incidents were covered as case-studies in his classes.

Spoiler: Rob (click to show/hide)

((Can I give myself a few miscellaneous items? You can already see the smoking pipe, but I also want to give myself one of these things and some pencil and paper to fill it.))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:30:22 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: March 01, 2021, 03:05:15 am »

((By the way, if you want you can still claim up to 3 things from the pile 'o dead people.Especially the demon thingie might be interesting for an occult boy.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: March 01, 2021, 03:11:52 am »

((By the way, if you want you can still claim up to 3 things from the pile 'o dead people.Especially the demon thingie might be interesting for an occult boy.))
((someone else already asked for that thingie. They've got dibs. Dangerous dibs, but still.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: March 01, 2021, 03:24:11 am »

((someone else already asked for that thingie. They've got dibs. Dangerous dibs, but still.))

((Ah yeah, the fleshy boy, but he already got some goodies he wanted, plus I'm still rather apprehensive of mixing the bio fleshhorror with the demonic fleshhorror. But if nobody wants it and he still does we can chance it I suppose.))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 03:33:02 am by Radio Controlled »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: March 01, 2021, 06:28:26 am »

Is there any thing like those artifact things they used to pull out of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone to be looted in Detroit?
Also why is it still called Neo Detroit if it's gone back to being the massive shit hole that it was?
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: March 01, 2021, 08:17:22 am »

While we're in this lift, do a systems check of my new body. See how it is in regards to:
HP and defence
Weapons
Mobility
Communications
Extras?

If we can start heading out this turn and nobody objects, wait until all my teammates are inside of me and head out to Ann Arbor

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:19:03 am by Pancaek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: March 01, 2021, 10:00:33 am »

I’ll take the hell symbiote, unless EEEDD wants it. Everyone seems to be jacked as hell, so I don’t think I’ll be able to survive unless I jack myself up too.

EDIT: Actually, I’ll take the Fancy AirPods as well
Spoiler: Rob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:04:41 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3344 on: March 01, 2021, 12:15:49 pm »

Uggggghhhh I do not feel like reading through all this right now.  Tech to d12 (I'm gonna swap it back to guns...), melee to d8.  No stats upgraded because robotic body.  Give Ji their waifubot, ask if Wil can use either the waifu body or the cyborg body (it's not like they can use both).  If neither's available, accept the 300.

Pay off loan of 303 OMNI.  1147 left.  See if I can take out a loan of 853; I've asked for 540 before, and paid off two debts on time, so my credit score might be good enough?  If not, just ask for 453.  1600 or 2000 left.  Buy a hardsuit, -1600.  And a brain scanny thingy for 400 if I got the big loan.  Body depends on whether Ji pays me 300 or loans a body.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 334