Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451022 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2019, 06:04:27 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Go to Benny hand him the red keycard and inform him that he is now the official door opener and thus should go in front of the group.

Then go  towards lab1 (hopefully with the rest of the group) to rescue that guy.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2019, 07:21:07 pm »

Oh well. Select a relatively brave looking OMNITECH security guard and attach myself to them in a discretionary tactical occult materials and information advising role. Analyze the things they encounter and provide advisement by pointing at the important things.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:27:26 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2019, 06:51:47 am »

"If you wanted the weird ball thing all you had to do is ask, also if anyone wants a universal communicator I go a spare, I also got some cigarettes, gum, and two calculator watches if anyone wants them."

Take the red keycard and except the job of door opener, then go with the group to Lab 1 while keeping my gun ready to shoot any monsters that might be found on the way. Also give away the mentioned items if anyone wants them.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2019, 07:31:08 am »

Pathos gives the scientist a thumbs up before returning to his thoughts.

Hmm... Since the airlocks are probably locked and there were dead bodies in the entrance, then that must mean that either the monster is still here or there's an alternate escape route. Is it safe to assume the monster is approximately human sized based on available evidence? If yes, then where could it be hiding and/or how could it have left the room (assuming no invisibility, teleportation, demonic portals or other weirdness)? Is this one of those places with stupidly large yet quiet vents? If I come up with any good ideas, be sure to yell them at the meatshields.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:38:45 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:52 am »

Just keep filming. Get good footage of the janitors incinerating. Maybe arrange some of the gore into spoooooky messages and symbols then get that on camera.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hotfire90

« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2019, 02:26:42 pm »

Keep trailing behind the security guards.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2019, 03:28:53 pm »

"If you wanted the weird ball thing all you had to do is ask, also if anyone wants a universal communicator I go a spare, I also got some cigarettes, gum, and two calculator watches if anyone wants them."
"The Janitor's Union thanks you for your contribution. As promised, the candy bar. Oh and as a token of my appreciation, if you ever need something, ah, inconvenient disposed of, I'll let you use my incinerator."

((Swapped the half eaten candy bar with Benny for his metal ball thing. Edited it in my action))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:02 pm »

Permiter check the decon area, preferably not alone, to make sure the doors are sealed and there's nobody present except the corpses and our guys.

Remind the looters that they need to get their loot decontaminated, as we're in a biohazard zone.  If they turn into ratlings tomorrow because they were too lazy to get scanned, not my fault.

In that vein check for functional decontamination supplies or equipment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2019, 09:48:43 pm »

Select a relatively brave looking OMNITECH security guard and attach myself to them in a discretionary tactical occult materials and information advising role.

Me! Me! Pick me! Me!!!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

That Gas-Mask wearing Egghead seems to be itching to go out and makes some money. Drag Clem by their jumpsuit and investigate the room past this current mess.

"Come on nerd, we got money to make."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:02:26 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2019, 12:21:11 am »

ATTENTION: UNARMORED LIFE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO D2 FOR BALANCE PURPOSES. PLEASE REFLECT THIS ON YOUR SHEETS
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:49:42 am by piecewise »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2019, 12:34:08 am »

((Going to ptw. Also is this stilla ccepting characters?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2019, 06:15:25 am »

Keep scanning, see if signal of exotic/weird crap gets stronger in a certain direction. Never stray far from teammates though.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2019, 06:29:48 pm »

A smug, extremely self satisfied look on his face and having properly declared his tally ho, Jon rides the trolley to the lab, not stopping until he finds corpses to incinerate, trash to incinerate, loot to be acquired, tipped over barrels to right, crates to stack, and bets to wager. Also, since apparently I need to chain actions in order to catch up to the oh so fast moving security cowards team: Once arrived, do these things. Once these things are done, proceed through airllock and repeat these things. once these things are done, head to the break room and steal anything not nailed down. Also, "These things" refers to the above mentioned incinerating, incinerating, acquiring, righting, stacking, and wagering of corpses, trash, loot, barrels, crates, and bets.

Also, where's my monkey?

Show me the monkey!

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

If the monkey comes, it will at least take till the next mission.

Jon flies down the halls with reckless abandon on his trolley until he reaches the rest of the team. He passes through the airlock and immediately begins mopping up blood in the entrance room.  Someone else already handled much of it so he ends up heading into the same room as the courageous if not terribly forward thinking Jengo. There's plenty of corpses and blood around so he sets to work cleaning from the entrance way, shoveling bodies and guts into the incinerator.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Close and seal/lock/whatever we can do to the doors as soon as the entire security team has passed them. Then move down the hallway, foam gun at the ready.
[4]
Harry walks over to the inside facing control screen for the door and sets it back into lockdown mode using his credentials.

Nobody lives forever, move up to where that one guy went and inspect the two passage ways. I’m guessing the non-blast door is going to be the more practical route for the moment. If more of my comrades find their braver, then advance in whatever way the group decides is best.
Lance walks into the room with the two doors and carefully examines both of them. They're both keycard locked, the big door with a red keycard and the other with a blue keycard. He can tell by the color of an indicator lock just above the keycard scanner.

"Hey Benny, not cool man. The Janitor Union's code specifically states we clean up for you guys and provide smartass remarks for no extra charge, in exchange for getting a share of the dead people's trinkets. Tell you what though, I'll trade you this delicious candy bar for that weird metal stress ball you picked up. It's 50% less calories, so it's delicious and good for you!"

Sigh and follow the guy who ran wildly into the labs, loot the corpses that are there. Also look in the mess for anything interesting. Then start the grind of cleaning up all the corpses, giblets and other garbage in the room and along the way I took to get here. Leave the actual investigating to other people, I've got stuff to clean up.

Trade: Trade my half eaten candy bar for Benny's (King Zultan) metal sphere thing.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
Edd follows the group, hot on Jon's heels and, after trading some stolen goods with Benny, starts rapidly frisking the dead before Jon cooks them. Most of these bodies are in significantly worse shape than the others, so finding goodies is rather difficult and messy.  He manages to get two more of those little metal balls, another red keycard, OMNITECH personal music player and wireless earbuds, pack of gum, 6 condoms, and a piece of paper with what looks like a user name and password on it.

"Alright, gang, let's split up and look for clues!" I joke to myself, chuckling lightly and kicking some bodies to see if they explode/drop useful items. But that kind of silly clean up work is for those of lesser heart - check out those doors! Any evidence either has been tampered with/used by a blood soaked demon? Try desperately to resist the temptation to take the door that will take me closer to the trapped scientist. Must... Not... Open... Yet!

Sometimes the cowering masses need a Pioneer rushing bravely, blindly ahead to inspire them to move. And that man is...

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)
Jengo checks the doors. Besides the keycard slots that were previously mentioned he finds evidence of something having passed through the big one. There are a set of 4 deep scratches along the inside of one of the sliding blast doors, as though something with big claws grasped the doorway as it moved through. There are also the distorted human footprints and smears of blood. However the second door also betrays violence having happened beyond it. There's blood seemingly leading INTO it instead of the in and out pattern of the blast doors. Something dragged a bloody thing in and then didn't come out.

Proceed into that first room, checking for monsters behind any blind corners.  Jump down to the lower level if there's nothing, and immediately check under the upper level walkway if there's space under it.  If no monsters are found, proceed to the airlock and start looking at its controls.  Don't touch anything, just look if there's anything which is clearly an "Open" button, or a "Show camera feed of all the monsters on the other side" button.

If any monsters are seen at any time, shoot them.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel carefully searches the room, muttering to himself about checking those corners, staying frosty, and bug hunts. After he has convinced himself that there are no horrible demons waiting in the shadows to introduce the concept of lethal sodomy to himself and his squad, he moves to the door controls.
[3]
After a quick check he finds no option for a camera into the next room with either. They seem to have very basic door functions including opening, staying open, closing, staying closed, and beheading unfortunate idiots who wander into them. That last one isn't a mode technically, rather just a side effect of the fact that these doors apparently have no safety pressure sensors to stop the door from closing if something gets caught in it.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Go to Benny hand him the red keycard and inform him that he is now the official door opener and thus should go in front of the group.

Then go  towards lab1 (hopefully with the rest of the group) to rescue that guy.

Steve hands the Red Keycard to Benny and tells him to lead the way. With responsibility thus delegated, Steve falls in line behind Benny.

Oh well. Select a relatively brave looking OMNITECH security guard and attach myself to them in a discretionary tactical occult materials and information advising role. Analyze the things they encounter and provide advisement by pointing at the important things.

Clem is next to join the conga line behind Benny.

Take the red keycard and except the job of door opener, then go with the group to Lab 1 while keeping my gun ready to shoot any monsters that might be found on the way. Also give away the mentioned items if anyone wants them.
Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

That Gas-Mask wearing Egghead seems to be itching to go out and makes some money. Drag Clem by their jumpsuit and investigate the room past this current mess.

"Come on nerd, we got money to make."
Keep trailing behind the security guards.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Just keep filming. Get good footage of the janitors incinerating. Maybe arrange some of the gore into spoooooky messages and symbols then get that on camera.

Benny takes the red keycard and then walks over to the less imposing door. He shuffles keycards till he gets the right one and slots it in. The door beeps once and then opens with a hiss.  Benny, Clem, Steve, and everyone else who wants to head onward with him pile into the airlock and wait for it to cycle before moving on to the next room.

The room beyond the airlock is quite large and open, with its central feature being a slightly raised octagonal platform. It seems like it was once a generalized open office space, the remnants of desks, computers, paper work, and other similar materials are scattered all over the place. Desks have been flipped or smashed, computers similarly shattered, paperwork strewn about in bloody clumps and piles. There are bodies here too, though not many, and the reason for that becomes immediately obvious. There is a creature on the platform, lupine or feline in general outline but otherwise unrecognizable. Its hunched over a body and is taking massive bites out of it with a face that looks like a triangular beartrap. Its entire body is covered in black scales with raised sharp edges, like a coat of jagged obsidian knives,  and a pair of long triple jointed arms extend from the mass of flesh that could be called its shoulders. These arms end in pincers that look like ant mandibles and a similar growth forms the end of the creature's segmented tail. It seems to have no eyes, just a head shaped like a sphere that splits into three as it carves chunks from the corpse.

The security team gets maybe a half second to examine it before it notices them. It doesn't hesitate or seem to try and gauge them or their intent. In a single fluid motion it spins to face them and leaps.
[5]
Benny, who is the first in and only one with a really good unobstructed line of sight on the beast, snaps his rifle up in time to get a shot off.
[4][1v4][1][5v5]
His snap shot is on target but the round ricochets off the creature's scaled flesh with a burst of sparks and it crashes down on top of him an instant later. The strange triangular jaws snap down on his chestplate several times, the creature twisting its head and biting rapidly at different angles, trying to find a weakness in the armor.  As it attacks Benny, it lashes out wildly with its pincer limbs, whipping them towards the other members of the security team.
[2][1v5]
One pincer finds Clem. The pincer opens, grabs Clem by the chest, and pinches closed. It doesn't snip Clem in half, but it gets maybe 2/3rds of the way, cutting like a hydraulic press through the entire right side, middle, and part of the left, severing the spine and aorta, puncturing both lungs, and then flinging the body back against the wall.  Dark red arterial spray coats the floor and ceiling.

Pathos gives the scientist a thumbs up before returning to his thoughts.

Hmm... Since the airlocks are probably locked and there were dead bodies in the entrance, then that must mean that either the monster is still here or there's an alternate escape route. Is it safe to assume the monster is approximately human sized based on available evidence? If yes, then where could it be hiding and/or how could it have left the room (assuming no invisibility, teleportation, demonic portals or other weirdness)? Is this one of those places with stupidly large yet quiet vents? If I come up with any good ideas, be sure to yell them at the meatshields.

Pathos considers the evidence. The foot prints he can see here indicate that this creature is...probably a little bigger than human but not hugely so. As per how its getting around....thats a good question. It could have followed people out as they opened the doors and then went back in the labs before the doors automatically closed. Alternatively, it might have a keycard and the intelligence to use it.

He checks for vents but there are none. At least none larger then maybe 4-5 inches.

Keep scanning, see if signal of exotic/weird crap gets stronger in a certain direction. Never stray far from teammates though.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The scanner isn't reading any sort of preference for the direction of the odd materials. They seem to be on or near bodies but nothing besides that.

((Going to ptw. Also is this stilla ccepting characters?))
((Yeah, for now))

Permiter check the decon area, preferably not alone, to make sure the doors are sealed and there's nobody present except the corpses and our guys.

Remind the looters that they need to get their loot decontaminated, as we're in a biohazard zone.  If they turn into ratlings tomorrow because they were too lazy to get scanned, not my fault.

In that vein check for functional decontamination supplies or equipment.

Because half the team has run off into the first and second labs and broken the seal on that door Spuds instead searches for decon equipment. He quickly identifies the large machine near the Lab 3 Door as some sort of scanning and decon system.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Bad Dog.
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2019, 06:41:12 pm »

Check the spheres and that big machine. Any idea what they do?

EDIT: By big machine I mean this:

The upper level snakes around to the left to a large square section, the center of which contains some sort of complex machine that sort of resembles the teleporter from before.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:43:39 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 334