Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 449541 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4125 on: September 17, 2021, 05:17:43 am »

Just generally be a vague threat, and await snacks.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 17, 2021, 09:45:33 am »

"Looting things is always a mission important task!"
The two side turrets point up and then down again, in the EdPC's version of a shrug
"Sure, whatever you say my guy."

If the team wants to, drive them over to the bizaar. But park the EdPC in a spot just close enough that I can provide fire support with the main cannon, no closer. They can shlep the rest of the way on foot.

In any case, use my sattelite uplink with OMNITECH to send a message to command:

Quote from: Message from EdPC to Omnitech command
Dear Command,

How are you doing today?

We are making progress on our mission despite some significant setbacks. Currently en route to ad hoc supply procurement.
Question: Our de facto team lead Yagyu d'Aubigny recently became a casualty. He did have a cognition copier, so I assume his thinking bits have been uploaded to one of your servers or something. I currently have a humanoid robot (designation: Pushbot) inside the APC with us. Is there any way to have Yagyu remote control this robot or something? I fear the sudden lack of structure and leadership will negatively impact the mission.

Hope to hear from you soon,
The EdPC (Edward Paganini Scrum)

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:42:49 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4127 on: September 19, 2021, 06:38:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth uses the EDPC computer to search the dark web for magic-infusion rituals.
[1]
What is the dark web? Also, Ed bans you from using his console because you start entering in words that will get him put on several watch lists.

"It's looting and murdering for fun and profit, ol' Eddy boy!  We have thick metal armor plates, they have a school building!  And really, why should we be so interested in keeping them happy?  We're inevitably gonna have to drive into the center of this mess, and at that point it won't matter how many friends we have in the yellow zone.  But the amount of anomaly hunter artifacts we have might!"

Wilfred notices Baldwin trying to get in the Silverfish.  "...Hey!  Be fucking careful with that thing, don't go launching an attack on your own!  Scouting is a great idea, but getting swatted out of the sky like the world's derpiest mosquito is just a waste of new company property.  I won't be rescuing your ghost!  Anyways, anyone want to help me sift through this data while he goes and plays Icarus?"

Well, that USB has quite a lot of info.  Recruit anyone who wants to help search the hard drive for useful data.  Immediately useful information would be anything that could help us shut the place down; external power sources, whether it would need a living human subject, location of the computer banks that actually hold the full simulation of a human brain, stuff like that.  But if there's anything else interesting, take note.

...Also, try to contact command and ask if this data would count as mission success, combined with the ghost interview information and those brain slice disks Yagyu found, and anything else mission-relevant that I forgot.  IIRC they just wanted to understand the anomaly at the core of this disaster, not necessarily halt or influence it.  Maybe we acually don't have to stick our dicks in the heart of the storm?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
Wilfred makes a quick copy and uploads it to the OMNISCENT network before  starting to look through it himself.
[2]
He skims the image archive but...well its hard to pick out images that are more important than others. He feels like he's close to understanding a pattern, but just can't grasp it.

Look at Wilfred's leg and see what needs to be done to fix it, and what I need to reattach his arm.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
[8]
Burt expends his laptop, flashlight, phone, cable, 2 packs of gum, and one fire extinguisher, but he manages to perfectly reattach Wilfred's arm and fix his leg.

The two side turrets point up and then down again, in the EdPC's version of a shrug
"Sure, whatever you say my guy."

If the team wants to, drive them over to the bizaar. But park the EdPC in a spot just close enough that I can provide fire support with the main cannon, no closer. They can shlep the rest of the way on foot.

In any case, use my sattelite uplink with OMNITECH to send a message to command:

Quote from: Message from EdPC to Omnitech command
Dear Command,

How are you doing today?

We are making progress on our mission despite some significant setbacks. Currently en route to ad hoc supply procurement.
Question: Our de facto team lead Yagyu d'Aubigny recently became a casualty. He did have a cognition copier, so I assume his thinking bits have been uploaded to one of your servers or something. I currently have a humanoid robot (designation: Pushbot) inside the APC with us. Is there any way to have Yagyu remote control this robot or something? I fear the sudden lack of structure and leadership will negatively impact the mission.

Hope to hear from you soon,
The EdPC (Edward Paganini Scrum)

EdPC drives in near the Bizarre, about two blocks away and somewhat hidden by the abandoned buildings to the north of the school.

As per this raid on the Bizarre, how we handling it? You wanna drive straight up to the gate? Wanna drive straight THROUGH the gate? Park a while off and move in on foot? Whats the plan, guys.

The team will probably want to drive to the gate and see what's going on there first. What if some of the more unstable artifacts breached containment and are now running amok inside the compound causing chaos? It's best to look before you leap in situations like these. Right now we don't know what's happening.

I personally will take the Silverfish to the Bizarre and survey the situation from the sky using my Military binoculars I bought oh so long ago. Try to recall where that Million Megabuck flesh gun of darkness was stored. Any teammates can feel free to hop on.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Alright so, you remember where the gun was, it was roughly near the center of the courtyard down there. However, the bizarre is apparently on high alert. The gates are closed, there are search lights scanning the areas nearby, guards up on the roof tops, and what looks like large trucks and vans loading merch. There are a lot more men with weapons milling about, apparently merchs or prospectors hired recently to act as guards. It looks like they're gearing up for a mass exodus.

Just generally be a vague threat, and await snacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0vlxb5j9w

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 20, 2021, 03:30:38 am »

"Well hopefully that'll hold for a while, anyway what's the plan here?"
Stand by for the plan.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:12:40 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 21, 2021, 09:30:26 am »

Akanorth continues to search for magic infusion rituals.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 21, 2021, 10:50:22 am »

"Hey, nice job, Burt!  I was half expecting you to try and remove the other arm or something.  Too bad you had to use so much stuff up on me.  You can have that rocket launcher from my pack, as payment.  As for the plan, we wait for the Derpy cultist to report.  If the Bizarre is too hot, we head up north and try to find the other scientist.  While looking at the stuff on this hard drive to see if it has data that could cut our trip short.  If the Bizarre isn't too hot, we rock and roll until it is done!"

I guess... continue sifting through the hard drive's data?  Let Burt help, if he wants.  EdPC too.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 21, 2021, 01:32:27 pm »

Suddenly, a transmission appears on the radio.

"Yeah, so about that. It seems like the bizarre is basically untouched so far. They're loading everything into trucks and vans. Presumably to evacuate. There are guards everywhere.

They don't look any tougher than a typical Smiles convoy, but I'm almost certain there's some sort of death ray hidden amongst the artifacts. Unless you want to lure Mr. Bones to this place and interrupt their wild ride, I think we'll have to call this a wash..."

Baldwin returns to his group and climbs back inside the safety of the EDPC.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:19 pm »

"Not gonna lie, gents, but it looks like we're a little outnumbered here."

Hold fast for now, hidden by the abandoned buildings. Keep scanning for threats.

Also help Wilfred with that hard drive if he want me to, but don't let the hard drive make a direct connection to the EdPC's systems. Keep it isolated/sandboxed, we don't know what's on there.

On Discord you mentioned that command answered that Yagyu can remote control Pusbot, so let's get that done.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:47:49 am by Pancaek »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 21, 2021, 08:57:35 pm »

”We’re not brigands in any case. If we want some potentially easy pickings, we could head to the smiles HQ and loot the leftovers maybe. I’m not sure of the state Wil left it in, but they’ve probably at least got some nice hardware that could be commandeered”
Make certain all the turrets are ready to go in lieu of anything particularly useful to do
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 21, 2021, 10:38:36 pm »

Since Tara seems to be suffering from space dementia, send my spiderbot to find roboports to interface with. steal whatever data I find and store it. Also, steal whatever snacks I find. Snacks take priority over data. Bring snacks back to the main body.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:35 am »

"Too bad you had to use so much stuff up on me.  You can have that rocket launcher from my pack, as payment."
"I don't even remember what I was planing to use that stuff for anyway so at least it got some use, and thank you for the rocket launcher."

”We’re not brigands in any case. If we want some potentially easy pickings, we could head to the smiles HQ and loot the leftovers maybe. I’m not sure of the state Wil left it in, but they’ve probably at least got some nice hardware that could be commandeered”
"That sounds like good idea, we might even get lucky and find some of the info we came here looking for, unless the giant skeleton destroyed it all."

Man one of the turrets and be ready for potential attack.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 22, 2021, 08:44:31 am »

Sooo, according the Ed, I'm getting shunted into pushbot now, is that correct?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 22, 2021, 11:43:02 am »

"Heading to the Smiles base isn't the worst idea, but I'm sure there will be some stragglers--and looters--hanging around.  And they had ordnance heavy enough to damage EdPC, not to mention being in the yellow zone.  Fuck Derp, I was mostly interested in the Bizarre because it's a great place to find artifacts that stalkers... er, zone prospectors or whatever use.  Null rod effects, sensors, you know, stuff that'd make a trip into the red zone less likely to be lethal.  EdPC is in charge of where we drive, but I recommend we skirt through the green and head north, to the scientist that's supposed to be up there.  Unless we get a better lead from this hard drive."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 22, 2021, 01:08:40 pm »

"Well there's still that old note I found, 'PLYMOUTH and OUTERDRIVE'. It is in the orange zone apparently, but it's closer to us than the northern scientist. I stole it from a seasoned artifact hunter; there's definitely something valuable there. I think that's reason enough to check it out. Maybe that place will finally satisfy our lust for artifacts."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:15:03 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4139 on: September 22, 2021, 02:58:22 pm »

Akanorth continues to search for magic infusion rituals.
[3]
This one involves several 'Magical' herbs and a large crystal.  It comes from "WickedWiccanRituals.net"

You continue to scroll.

"Hey, nice job, Burt!  I was half expecting you to try and remove the other arm or something.  Too bad you had to use so much stuff up on me.  You can have that rocket launcher from my pack, as payment.  As for the plan, we wait for the Derpy cultist to report.  If the Bizarre is too hot, we head up north and try to find the other scientist.  While looking at the stuff on this hard drive to see if it has data that could cut our trip short.  If the Bizarre isn't too hot, we rock and roll until it is done!"

I guess... continue sifting through the hard drive's data?  Let Burt help, if he wants.  EdPC too.

[3]

After looking through the images, listening to several hundred audio logs, and examining the plans, you think you have an answer. Or at least part of one. The plans detail a machine that would have taken up the bulk of that institute's shiny highrise tower and pulled enough power to black out the city if fully activated.  Its use, as far as you can tell, was very simple: To bring "mental images" into existence. The user envisions a car, a car appears. A classic example of simple idea, mind-blowingly complex execution. It seems that they didn't intend to use a human subject for the actual work though: instead they were making brain scan duplicates due to their more stable and reversible nature.  The actual mechanics of materializing the object seem to have gone through several iterations, from matter conversion to 3d printing. The final choice seems to have been some kind of energy to matter materializer which pulls energy from..."The vibrational energy of near divergent realities".  Your understanding of this sort of stuff is rudimentary, but you've been around enough gateways to know that the reason other realities are different from this one is due to some sort of difference in "Frequencies", like how light is visible or not depending on its frequency. This machine seemed to literally draw energy by leaching it off the "Vibration" creating those frequencies.  This nightmare tornado could either be that creation process going haywire...or maybe realities "interweaving" as their energies are made temporarily identical to this one.

Suddenly, a transmission appears on the radio.

"Yeah, so about that. It seems like the bizarre is basically untouched so far. They're loading everything into trucks and vans. Presumably to evacuate. There are guards everywhere.

They don't look any tougher than a typical Smiles convoy, but I'm almost certain there's some sort of death ray hidden amongst the artifacts. Unless you want to lure Mr. Bones to this place and interrupt their wild ride, I think we'll have to call this a wash..."

Baldwin returns to his group and climbs back inside the safety of the EDPC.

You land atop the EdPC and scramble inside its iron womb.

Make certain all the turrets are ready to go in lieu of anything particularly useful to do
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
You do a quick check on the turrets. They seem functional, in spite of the banging around they received.

"Too bad you had to use so much stuff up on me.  You can have that rocket launcher from my pack, as payment."
"I don't even remember what I was planing to use that stuff for anyway so at least it got some use, and thank you for the rocket launcher."

"That sounds like good idea, we might even get lucky and find some of the info we came here looking for, unless the giant skeleton destroyed it all."

Man one of the turrets and be ready for potential attack.
Turrets manned. How manly.

Sooo, according the Ed, I'm getting shunted into pushbot now, is that correct?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"Not gonna lie, gents, but it looks like we're a little outnumbered here."

Hold fast for now, hidden by the abandoned buildings. Keep scanning for threats.

Also help Wilfred with that hard drive if he want me to, but don't let the hard drive make a direct connection to the EdPC's systems. Keep it isolated/sandboxed, we don't know what's on there.

On Discord you mentioned that command answered that Yagyu can remote control Pusbot, so let's get that done.

Pushbot, under Ed's control, hooks itself up to the EdPC's computer (The EdPC) and command beams the mind of Yagyu down into his significantly less expensive new body.

Since Tara seems to be suffering from space dementia, send my spiderbot to find roboports to interface with. steal whatever data I find and store it. Also, steal whatever snacks I find. Snacks take priority over data. Bring snacks back to the main body.

[6]
Bob sends his spider out with...not the most specific instructions. After about 10 minutes of waiting, the giant mech which has been patiently sitting behind the farmhouse suddenly stiffens and then trudges off towards the trees. The people of the farm house watch in astonishment as it wanders off and then returns, carrying several hundred apples and being ridden upon by the spider bot.  They don't say anything...they just kind of stare. 
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 334