Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452873 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4290 on: November 10, 2021, 07:16:18 am »

Fly to the opposite direction of the way SAM is looking, and continue to call up ghosts.  Reach beyond even the local death, and try to draw on something beyond, something stronger.  I don't care what, I just want to take SAM down.  Direct all the ghosts to attack SAM's legs, and knees--bring her to the ground, and drag her below.  Bury her, and all the bodies that she took control of.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: God Warrior Ascends
« Reply #4291 on: November 10, 2021, 12:23:34 pm »

((Quick question (I’m making another charsheet) does the “Concealed Antibio razor implant still have the strength requirement?))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:33:05 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 11, 2021, 08:43:52 pm »

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' towards that military base, and the sweet sweet "not here" that lies beyond it

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: (S)ubsume (A)ll (M)eat
« Reply #4293 on: November 12, 2021, 06:24:24 pm »

((Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.))

Baldwin had popped open the ceiling hatch to watch the spectacle with his binoculars. Though the people inside the EDPC could only see his legs standing on a ladder, Baldwin's cheers and cries for Wilfred to 'Ghost her like a childhood friend on prom night' made his mood pretty clear.

And then there was silence...

After a pause that was uncomfortably long, Baldwin crawled down the ladder and began drawing funny shapes on the floor.

Continue my work on warding the EDPC against SAM magics from last time.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4294 on: November 17, 2021, 07:32:39 pm »

Smug.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Is it to late to get sent to a different planet to avoid the next few months where Sam eats the planet?"
Sit and wait until I'm needed.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Burt watches the kaiju "Battle" and shrugs. He puts his feet up. He's pretty sure he should be terrified but at this point he's pretty much just numb.

If I can contact the military base, warn them we're coming in with the intent of moving out of the exclusion zone and getting out of here.

Either way, keep sending visuals of what's happening up to command.

Should trouble try to catch up to us, use the main cannon to either blast it to pieces, or use a shrieker shell to distract it, whichever seems most appropriate.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
You radio the military base and tell them of your plans to leave. Through heavy static the response you get is, in military jargon, the equivalent of "No shit, so are we".

You radio headquarters and receive an automated message about how there are currently no OMNITECH teams in the disaster zone and how there haven't been for several years. They then leave a set of "Hypothetical" pickup coordinates for any teams that "Theoretically could be in the area but clearly are not."

Ok.
((Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.))

Baldwin had popped open the ceiling hatch to watch the spectacle with his binoculars. Though the people inside the EDPC could only see his legs standing on a ladder, Baldwin's cheers and cries for Wilfred to 'Ghost her like a childhood friend on prom night' made his mood pretty clear.

And then there was silence...

After a pause that was uncomfortably long, Baldwin crawled down the ladder and began drawing funny shapes on the floor.

Continue my work on warding the EDPC against SAM magics from last time.

[3]
You scribble some symbols on the EdPC. They seem...to have some meaning. Very subtle, but you feel a significance to them. Not sure what but...something.

Fly to the opposite direction of the way SAM is looking, and continue to call up ghosts.  Reach beyond even the local death, and try to draw on something beyond, something stronger.  I don't care what, I just want to take SAM down.  Direct all the ghosts to attack SAM's legs, and knees--bring her to the ground, and drag her below.  Bury her, and all the bodies that she took control of.

[6][5v6]
You reach further back and deeper down. Into the stone. Into deep time. Into oil and shale, limestone and fossil, bedrock, and the life so ancient and alien that it has no name. Black sludge and pulverized stone churns up out of the burnt city, rolling and flowing up the same way as the ghosts. But instead of flying into the sucking maw of the thing that was once Sam, it slams into her face like a sledge hammer.  She staggers back, blood and flesh flying and bones burning with green blue fire. The oozing remnants of billion of years of dead things clumps and grows. The shape it takes in the end is hard to describe. A ball like body, four legs, many grasping arms, bone, flesh, screaming faces, slithering fossils, gestalt skeletal forms, claws made from thousands of biting mouths. Atop it, a burning beacon of unlife, pulling in ever more death. It skuttles forward, almost crab like, and slams into the SAM, hands and claws thrashing as SAM backpedals.

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' towards that military base, and the sweet sweet "not here" that lies beyond it

The Red sky emanating from Sam is still expanding, through it seems to have slowed down as it went further from her. By the time you leave Ann Arbor you're beyond its range and it seems to be slow to catch up. However, as you grow near the military base you find a different problem: People.  Its clear that a large portion of Ann Arbor fled from the previous giant monster the team created up towards the military cordon. And its clear the military barred the base and began holding off the mob of fleeing civilians by just about any means. What lies ahead on the road is a sea of humans, with scattered islands of tanks and APCs abandoned in their midst. They're attempting to climb the walls in spite of the continuous fire from the automated turrets.  There are no soldiers visible on the walls however, and it looks as though the actual base itself is operating automatically.  You're still a few hundred feet from mile and a half long mosh pit leading to the base, but there are trees on either side of the road. Getting around this horde would require circling far to the side, and even then you can see clusters of people setting off into the woods and out into the fields beyond, looking for other places to breach the fence. 

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: November 17, 2021, 09:30:15 pm »

Baldwin looks at the wall, then he looks at the roof, then he looks at the people, and finally he looks deep into his heart to see how much of it has managed to shrivel up.

"So... Wilfred took the Silverfish, and I used my only explosive...

Baldwin puts his pipe in mouth, but doesn't light it. He just grinds his teeth on it while an internal debate goes on in his head.

"Well... I can think of one way out of here but it requires war-crimes and some luck. You guys game?"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:31:52 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 17, 2021, 10:15:12 pm »

((too bad Bob left his riot suit in the Chevrolet. This would be the hilariously ideal moment for it.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: November 18, 2021, 05:07:02 am »

"I'm just gonna say that at this point plowing down a bunch of people with a machine gun sounds like the least evil thing caused by us being here at this point so I say we go for it."
Man one of the turrets and shoot things that try to attack us.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 03:41:08 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 18, 2021, 11:30:36 am »

You radio headquarters and receive an automated message about how there are currently no OMNITECH teams in the disaster zone and how there haven't been for several years. They then leave a set of "Hypothetical" pickup coordinates for any teams that "Theoretically could be in the area but clearly are not."

Wait, so do these coordinates point to places inside or outside the military perimeter?

If it's inside, where are the nearest points?

If it's outside, could we avoid this mass of people by driving toward the perimeter wall and using the EdPC main cannon to blast a hole in the wall? 

"Perimeter wall, auto cannons, mine field, and automata. Mostly drones launched from 'Nests' scattered along the length. Almost everything is automated, we're mostly here just to keep an eye on it and catch anything that wanders past."
Will these things target us as well?
"Yep. But they're all clearly demarcated. You'll have to run into them on purpose. And if you need to, we can come by and let you through, though we need some forewarning and time to get over there. Also we can't open a wall."

In case the pickup point is outside, see if the military guys can disable the defenses for a small patch of wall for us to get through.

((If not, perhaps EdPC can hack into it to disable the defenses for a bit.))

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:33:30 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: November 19, 2021, 06:12:51 am »

More!  MORE!  This place, this city, is a nexus of alternate realities, drawn closer by the institute leeching energy off of their adjacent frequencies!  There's a thousand thousand more dead worlds out there, closer than they'll ever be again!  Reach into those worlds, seize their massacres and disasters, and drag them home--summon the angry dead of all possible Detroits, and use them as a screaming body to envelop and kill SAM!  Make her feel the violent death of everyone who could have ever died here!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: November 20, 2021, 10:48:35 pm »

Try to us emy electronics suite to find us a way through the base and to the pickup point (assuming it's outside of the anomolous zone perimeter). Hack the base's defences if need be, or blow a hole in the wall a bit away from the largest mass of people, whatever seems like it'd be the path of least resistance.

If the OMNITECH pickup point is inside the anomolous zone, then turn around and head towards it instead

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: November 21, 2021, 02:16:38 am »

((Just realized that I forgot to post an action.))

Baldwin looks at the wall, then he looks at the roof, then he looks at the people, and finally he looks deep into his heart to see how much of it has managed to shrivel up.

Baldwin puts his pipe in mouth, but doesn't light it. He just grinds his teeth on it while an internal debate goes on in his head.

"Well... I can think of one way out of here but it requires war-crimes and some luck. You guys game?"
"I'm just gonna say that at this point plowing down a bunch of people with a machine gun sounds like the least evil thing caused by us being here at this point so I say we go for it."

"Well, if you really are curious, my plan took inspiration from the old H.E.L.L highways on mars. The basic principle was that you could build a portal to another dimension, then enter that dimension and build a portal back to your home dimension in a slightly different location. When you popped back home, you would be in a different location than you started in allowing you to for example, bypass a mountain without digging a tunnel for example. The project was scrapped after demons breached the reinforced tunnels and started to spill out in our own dimension, but the idea should still work with safer dimensions. H.E.L.L was only chosen because it was 2/3rds the size of our own dimension and travel through it was thus 1.5 times faster. Hence H.E.L.L. Highway.

"You'd have to harvest lot of bodies to build two portals large enough for the EDPC to fit through though, everyone will have to be committed to make such a thing work. That's why I asked, otherwise I would have built it myself."

Continue reinforcing the EDPC against SAM magics unless something changes my mind. I managed to reconstitute myself after all, surely this knowledge will teach me how to make countermeasures!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4302 on: November 21, 2021, 07:42:47 pm »

You man one of the turrets and hope you won't have to use it to mow down hundreds or possibly thousands of fleeing civilians.

You are hoping that right?

Right?

((Just realized that I forgot to post an action.))

"Well, if you really are curious, my plan took inspiration from the old H.E.L.L highways on mars. The basic principle was that you could build a portal to another dimension, then enter that dimension and build a portal back to your home dimension in a slightly different location. When you popped back home, you would be in a different location than you started in allowing you to for example, bypass a mountain without digging a tunnel for example. The project was scrapped after demons breached the reinforced tunnels and started to spill out in our own dimension, but the idea should still work with safer dimensions. H.E.L.L was only chosen because it was 2/3rds the size of our own dimension and travel through it was thus 1.5 times faster. Hence H.E.L.L. Highway.

"You'd have to harvest lot of bodies to build two portals large enough for the EDPC to fit through though, everyone will have to be committed to make such a thing work. That's why I asked, otherwise I would have built it myself."

Continue reinforcing the EDPC against SAM magics unless something changes my mind. I managed to reconstitute myself after all, surely this knowledge will teach me how to make countermeasures!

[1]
These sigils seem to be...enhancing the occult forces. There are ghostly dustmites rising out of every fabric surface in this place. 

"I think we may have traded one horrible occult death for another horrible occult death!" You say, double checking the runes and swatting away swarm of phantom gnats."

Wait, so do these coordinates point to places inside or outside the military perimeter?

If it's inside, where are the nearest points?

If it's outside, could we avoid this mass of people by driving toward the perimeter wall and using the EdPC main cannon to blast a hole in the wall? 

"Perimeter wall, auto cannons, mine field, and automata. Mostly drones launched from 'Nests' scattered along the length. Almost everything is automated, we're mostly here just to keep an eye on it and catch anything that wanders past."
Will these things target us as well?
"Yep. But they're all clearly demarcated. You'll have to run into them on purpose. And if you need to, we can come by and let you through, though we need some forewarning and time to get over there. Also we can't open a wall."

In case the pickup point is outside, see if the military guys can disable the defenses for a small patch of wall for us to get through.

((If not, perhaps EdPC can hack into it to disable the defenses for a bit.))

You check the coordinates....they're just outside the perimeter. But they're not near the military base, they're a few miles south.  You relay this info to the EdPC who immediately turns south and starts weaving through the trees. [3]

You call the Military guys back and, through some high speed begging, manage to get them to turn off the defenses in a very specific section of wall near the evac point. Apparently the wall out there is still big and concrete but nowhere near as thick. They don't specifically say to bash it down or anything, but they don't say not to either.

Try to us emy electronics suite to find us a way through the base and to the pickup point (assuming it's outside of the anomolous zone perimeter). Hack the base's defences if need be, or blow a hole in the wall a bit away from the largest mass of people, whatever seems like it'd be the path of least resistance.

If the OMNITECH pickup point is inside the anomolous zone, then turn around and head towards it instead

[12]
The EdPC clears the trees near the main road and tears off across former farm fields. Civilians dive out of the way as it rips through the brush, smashes small hills, and generally steam rolls in a nearly straight line towards the distant wall. As it nears that wall it makes a slight turn, so as to be hurtling in nose first and flat  at the wall. The EdPC does not slow down. If anything it somehow gets faster. [6] It punches through the concrete wall like a bowling ball through drywall and just keeps going as its inhabitants bounce about inside. At about a quarter mile from the pickup point it slams on the brakes and proceeds to skid the remaining quarter mile until it stops almost exactly on the coordinates.

It then blows its horn rapidly and revs its engine.

More!  MORE!  This place, this city, is a nexus of alternate realities, drawn closer by the institute leeching energy off of their adjacent frequencies!  There's a thousand thousand more dead worlds out there, closer than they'll ever be again!  Reach into those worlds, seize their massacres and disasters, and drag them home--summon the angry dead of all possible Detroits, and use them as a screaming body to envelop and kill SAM!  Make her feel the violent death of everyone who could have ever died here!

[8]
Your grand arcane powers were gifted by an ancient alien weapon, a soul trap designed to duplicate the dead and raise them anew. It doesn't exist in every timeline, its grasp doesn't extend everywhere.

But it goes far enough.

They pour fourth from every parallel world you can touch, every pseudo-existent reality. The ghosts of people never born, the ghosts of people still alive, the ghosts of times that never came to be. [2v6]
The unfathomable mass of dead swells larger and sweeps SAM off her feet. It knocks that ascendant being to the ground and begins ruthlessly pummeling it on the ground. Geysers of burning souls erupt from the earth, the clouds begin to twist into skeletal faces, and the air itself moans with the weight of the dead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: November 22, 2021, 04:09:53 am »

"Guess there was no need to man turret after all and that's great, I didn't want to shoot people anyway.....     well maybe just a few of them.
Go back to my seat and wait for extraction.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: November 22, 2021, 10:32:23 am »

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We apologize for the rough stretch of turbulence we've gone through, but we are happy to announce that we have arrived at our destination. You may now unfasten your seatbelts, vomiting inside is prohibited. The weather outside is an occult warmth with a chance of gunfire.
Going outside is not prohibited, though discouraged. In case you do head outside, please do not stray too far so you don't miss the pick up. Thank you for driving EdPC rideshares. EdPC, getting you to your destination in record time, fuck anyone who gets in the way!"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:56:41 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 334