Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442064 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4320 on: November 25, 2021, 04:39:49 am »

"You guys do whatever I'm just gonna be over here trying to make a friend with a ghost."
Grab one of the deer ghosts and try to tame it to be my friend.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: November 25, 2021, 07:28:20 am »

((I'd like to point out that I have actively attempted to use Bob's d4 occult in interesting situations over the course of two missions and have yet to roll as badly as Baldwin has, consistently, throughout this mission with his d8. My only regret is that I never got into a hilariously awkward bit of trouble with my occult tentacle. Baldwin is living the dream, I tell ya.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: November 25, 2021, 06:07:09 pm »

"How about you start taking responsibility for your actions! If you want your teammates to have your back when the going gets tough, they have to know you are reliable as well!

Promise me you'll fix your mess, and I'll try, try, to get Bob not to Bob for a moment."

Baldwin is a bit too preoccupied to carry on any complex negotiations

"Sure, I'll try to erase the sigils again! Whatever you say just get me out of here!"

((Old action edited))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4323 on: November 27, 2021, 08:20:15 pm »

Continue deathrolling the threat.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Get out of the deathroll. Since it's unlikely I'll be able to out-strength Bob, I'll try to use minor fleshwarping powers if no one else stops him. Attempt to use my magic to retract my head into my body like a turtle and then escape his grasp!

If anyone actually helped save me from Bob, then work on removing the sigils. Otherwise, leave the EDPC and hide somewhere safe. Climbing on top of the vehicle might be a good option

"I'm not going back in there until that gator is restrained and under control! If you want to remove the sigils so badly, then do it yourself! You just need to erase them."
((Assume this line is only spoken if Rob escapes on his own and exits the EDPC))

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Swim to the back door and open it to let out the wave of spoopy woodland critters.

Try to distract Bob for a bit to stop the deathroll, perhaps find a tasty ectoplasmic fish! Or find some broken bit of machinery for him to tail-slap into repair. 

"Bob, please stop deathrolling the occult idiot for just a moment, he has to clean up his mess first."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu just barely manages to distract Bob away from Baldwin with a handful of scurrying ghost mice. Bob eats all the ghost mice and then begins pac-man-ing his way around the EdPC, devouring ghosts. How does he devour ghosts? Thats a good question that will probably be answered at another time.

[5]
Baldwin, no longer being eaten alive, swims to the bottom of the EdPC and scrapes off the sigils.  This doesn't cause the existing ghosts to vanish, but it does seem to stop more from showing up.

"You guys do whatever I'm just gonna be over here trying to make a friend with a ghost."
Grab one of the deer ghosts and try to tame it to be my friend.
[2] Attempts to grab, persuade, negotiate, or entice the ghost deer result in failure. The ghost deer scamper through the walls of the EdPC and assumedly off into the woods or maybe to deer heaven. Wherever it is dead deer go.

If any of the ghost critters get aggressive, see how effective the anti-bio razor is against their semi-corporeal forms. If nothing else happens, see if I can trap a small ghost creature in one of Aka’s containment pods.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[3]
Ji, using the containment pod like a bucket, scoops up about a dozen ghostly critters. Mostly mice, but there's a vole in there too. And a Rabbit. Big squirming bucket of rodent ghosts. Which is incidentally the name of the band she played drums in  during high school.

The EdPC catches a ping from the Evac shuttle. Only a minute or two now.

Wilfred begins cackling maniacally from his undead cockpit, directing the motions of his monstrous mecha by gesticulating chaotically while he laughs and screams.

"COME ON, SAM!  IF YOU WANTED TO JUMP MY BONES SO BAD YOU COULD'VE JUST ASKED, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO EAT DETROIT!  AND NOW WE'RE ON TV TOO!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN, SAM!   GAHAHAHAHA!  OH, I DON'T CARE--GIMME A KISS, YOU RAVAGING BEAST!"

So you're saying the mecha's head is free?  Bend forward and bite SAM's face off, or whatever passes for a face on that monstrosity.  Then try to free an arm, and repeatedly punch the thing in its chest and neck!  Beat it into the ground!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[3v6]
[1v4]
SAM pulls her feet up under The Deadnaught's chest and kicks upwards. Wilfred and the Deadnaught go flying into the air in a slow arc away from SAM, eventually crashing down in an abandoned and burning residential neighborhood. As the Deadnaught struggles to coalesce itself and stand up, SAM's mouth opens wide again and a blue glow gathers in her throat. After a few seconds of gathering power the light erupts from her mouth as a concentrated beam. It sweeps vertically, slicing directly across the Deadnaught's body and several miles of city, leaving a blue glowing gash behind it. That glow intensifies to white and then the gash  explodes. The cut and following explosion blows large chunks of ectoplasmic material off the Deadnaught and almost severs its right arm.  SAM begins gathering more energy for a second volley.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: November 27, 2021, 08:52:38 pm »

((Who would have thought that nuking a kaiju would just make it angry and more powerful and specifically give it the ability to shoot a radiation death beam?))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: November 28, 2021, 02:56:22 am »

(A little piece of me thinks we should do something about Samzilla but the rest of me doesn't care and thinks the problem will sort itself out in the end.)

"Damn it ghosts I demand friendship!"
Try to make friends with any of the ghosts inside the EDPC.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: November 28, 2021, 05:56:02 am »

"Ok, now everybody sit still, don't cause trouble and just chill for a second."
Yagyu said, looking at Baldwin the whole time and not breaking eye contact.

Then, after a short pauze, he adds:
"We'll be out of here soon, and then this whole nightmare is officially someone else's problem."

Open the back door of the EdPC for a sec to let out all the ghosts. Then close it again.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:58:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4327 on: November 28, 2021, 06:07:16 am »

Bob grins.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: November 28, 2021, 08:19:03 am »

Baldwin obeys Yagyu's orders very stricly and sits incredibly still, in contrast to his usual sass. He is visibly uncomfortable though, and makes several glances at Bob. Eventually he decides to speak up.

"I understand your intentions Captain, but as a human being who survived an assault from a colleague, I am respectfully requesting permission to go outside for some much needed air and distance."

After a long time receiving the silent treatment from Yagyu, Baldwin decides to distract himself from the scary gator by examining the golden mushroom again. Surely it must have grown by now! A past Baldwin would have cringed at the thought of having forgotten to sell it at the bizarre (and giving Ji her fair share), but this version doesn't for some reason.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:03:55 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: November 30, 2021, 06:43:24 am »

"Oh come on SAM, you almost took our arm off!  That's so sad, you didn't even manage to remove it fully!  Let me show you what a REAL dismemberment looks like!"

Make the Deadnaught reach up to its laughing skull head, rip it off, and throw the damn thing at SAM!  Wilfred riding along, using his ghost magic to empower the skull and strengthen its mouth into a colossal beartrap.  All to give the Deadnaught's headless body a chance to get back up and dropkick SAM back down.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: God Warrior Ascends
« Reply #4330 on: November 30, 2021, 05:41:29 pm »

"Just a reminder to my dearest passengers, EdPC Rideshares™ has a "some men left behind" policy. Unlike the "no man left behind" policy of some of our competitors, EdPC rideshares reserves the right to leave behind anyone not present in the vicinity of the EdPC when an emergency extraction happens. EdPC Rideshares™ is not liable for anything that happens to you before or during your ride with us, nor are we liable for anything that happens to you if you miss the extraction moment. We thank you for understanding. For questions and feedback, please contact our Customer Service representative Yagyu d'Aubigny"

Keep keeping an eye on our perimeter.

If our extraction arrives next turn, do what it takes to get ourselves extracted

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4331 on: November 30, 2021, 06:23:01 pm »

(A little piece of me thinks we should do something about Samzilla but the rest of me doesn't care and thinks the problem will sort itself out in the end.)

"Damn it ghosts I demand friendship!"
Try to make friends with any of the ghosts inside the EDPC.
[3]
Most of the critters have already wandered, but you manage to make friends with a ephemeral fox. It looks like a hazy skeleton covered in blueish fog in the rough shape of a fox. When it barks it seems to be from far away and echo for a very long time.

"Ok, now everybody sit still, don't cause trouble and just chill for a second."
Yagyu said, looking at Baldwin the whole time and not breaking eye contact.

Then, after a short pauze, he adds:
"We'll be out of here soon, and then this whole nightmare is officially someone else's problem."

Open the back door of the EdPC for a sec to let out all the ghosts. Then close it again.

You open the door of the EdPC and start trying to shoo ghosts out. Most have already wandered through the walls but your attempts to scatter some of the more skittish ones. The spectral tortoises aren't budging though.

Bob grins.

BOB

Baldwin obeys Yagyu's orders very stricly and sits incredibly still, in contrast to his usual sass. He is visibly uncomfortable though, and makes several glances at Bob. Eventually he decides to speak up.

"I understand your intentions Captain, but as a human being who survived an assault from a colleague, I am respectfully requesting permission to go outside for some much needed air and distance."

After a long time receiving the silent treatment from Yagyu, Baldwin decides to distract himself from the scary gator by examining the golden mushroom again. Surely it must have grown by now! A past Baldwin would have cringed at the thought of having forgotten to sell it at the bizarre (and giving Ji her fair share), but this version doesn't for some reason.

The mushroom does appear to have grown. Not a lot, but a bit. The bottom of the inside of the container is filled with a thin film of golden mycelium.

"Just a reminder to my dearest passengers, EdPC Rideshares™ has a "some men left behind" policy. Unlike the "no man left behind" policy of some of our competitors, EdPC rideshares reserves the right to leave behind anyone not present in the vicinity of the EdPC when an emergency extraction happens. EdPC Rideshares™ is not liable for anything that happens to you before or during your ride with us, nor are we liable for anything that happens to you if you miss the extraction moment. We thank you for understanding. For questions and feedback, please contact our Customer Service representative Yagyu d'Aubigny"

Keep keeping an eye on our perimeter.

If our extraction arrives next turn, do what it takes to get ourselves extracted

When the extraction shuttle comes it does so much more quietly than anyone expected. Admittedly the sound of colossal kaiju battle in the distance and the screaming of fleeing civilians does help hide it a bit.  it seems to either be reflective or mimicking the colors of the sky, its kind of hard to tell, and has a shape something like a fat boomerang though exact proportions and shapes are difficult to tell. It glides in over the EdPC and stops in place, hovering for a long moment before rotating on its axis to face the opposite way, away from the disaster zone.  Then it lowers towards the ground. The grass and trees wobble as though in a downdraft but slower than it seems like they should, as though underwater. The metal of the EdPC rings and hums with odd resonance as the ship gets closer until the entire vehicle is warbling like a songbird. Something then grabs hold, yanking the EdPC up a foot all at once and clanging it solidly against the bottom of the ship. Magnetic maybe?

A voice comes in over the EdPC's internal speaker system.

"Ready to depart?"

It sounds human, not the flat tinny voice of a robot.

"Oh come on SAM, you almost took our arm off!  That's so sad, you didn't even manage to remove it fully!  Let me show you what a REAL dismemberment looks like!"

Make the Deadnaught reach up to its laughing skull head, rip it off, and throw the damn thing at SAM!  Wilfred riding along, using his ghost magic to empower the skull and strengthen its mouth into a colossal beartrap.  All to give the Deadnaught's headless body a chance to get back up and dropkick SAM back down.

[4v3]
The Deadnaught grabs its head with its good arm and throws it directly at SAM. Being a gestalt entity instead of a solid thing, the head comes off easily and flies like a snowball leaving a trail of ghosts and corpses in its wake. As it flies it morphs from a skull into something more akin to a carnivorous pac-man, a vague ball split nearly in half by a giant mouth of biting teeth.  SAM gets an arm up to block herself and the skull gnashes down on it like a bear trap.  The impact partially spins SAM to the side, throwing her off balance.  The rest of the deadnaught manages to coalesce and get to its feet as SAM releases the second beam mid fall.  The blast lances out south and tears through several blocks, exploding a wide canyon of red hot radioactive concrete

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: December 01, 2021, 05:05:40 am »

"I'm happy to be going back to base and finally leaving the horrid shit fest that is Detroit behind."
Play with my ghost fox while we return to base.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: December 01, 2021, 07:34:03 am »

Ask if they have a second shuttle ready to extract for if, nay, when Wil is done kicking undead ass and needs to get extracted as well.

If yes, let's just go. If not, maybe just fly off a bit to make sure we're out of the dangerous area, but then we can wait for Wil? 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:57:12 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: December 01, 2021, 04:24:15 pm »

"Yes please, my savior angel with the buttery smooth voice. Unfurl your wings and carry me away from this, frankly, fucked up place."

Extraction get

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 334