Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 448657 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4515 on: January 16, 2022, 02:41:04 pm »

"zzzzzz....no eyeman nooooo...zzzzzzz"

Continue to sleep until someone wakes me up or I fall out of my chair whichever comes first x2

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56:58 pm »

I probably should make sure its clear on the OP.  I think what I meant when I said that was that you lose any you hand CURRENTLY. Ie if you had a rifle and died, the rifle would go away until start of the next mission. Since starting items refresh at the start of missions.
Does that mean we can get reimbursed for any class-specific starting gear we needlessly bought back after destruction? For example, I just rebought a goop thrower cause mine went kablooie in that shack, but I should apparently get one for free?

Give this place and those guys a scan (keep some distance from our painbois though). Either before or after al the shooting and exploding, mind.

Also scan that oily black substance that is leaking out of the door. Should the painbois retaliate to the people attacking them, see if I can pick up something that helps us figure out how they are doing the things they do (aka is it occult, psychic powers, whatever).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:06:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 16, 2022, 05:49:54 pm »

Give Alec painkillers and drag him out of the line of fire.

"You guys should work for us.  We have some real experts in the infliction of pain."

Also give the gimps some parting words.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 06:10:17 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 17, 2022, 02:39:10 am »

Does that mean we can get reimbursed for any class-specific starting gear we needlessly bought back after destruction? For example, I just rebought a goop thrower cause mine went kablooie in that shack, but I should apparently get one for free?
(You could do what I did when I found out we get new stuff for free, and keep both.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 17, 2022, 05:27:27 am »

(You could do what I did when I found out we get new stuff for free, and keep both.)

((I don't really need multiple, and moreover in the past I already bought back a bunch of starting gear only to have it all explode on me AGAIN so it was a waste regardless.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 17, 2022, 01:18:52 pm »

Ed lightly slaps the scanner a few times with a tentacle
"This thing is on the fritz. Bet you they sold me a refurbished model as if it were a new one."

Give the room and the door a scan with my fancy eyes, go over it with various vision modes and see if I notice anything interesting or useful. Be sure to keep my Negotiation enhancer switched on, in case these pain elementals start lying.

Also use the omniscient scanner again, this time searching for "travelers in sensation". See what that term is about.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4521 on: January 20, 2022, 10:20:35 pm »

I probably should make sure its clear on the OP.  I think what I meant when I said that was that you lose any you hand CURRENTLY. Ie if you had a rifle and died, the rifle would go away until start of the next mission. Since starting items refresh at the start of missions.

Give this place and those guys a scan (keep some distance from our painbois though). Either before or after al the shooting and exploding, mind.

Also scan that oily black substance that is leaking out of the door. Should the painbois retaliate to the people attacking them, see if I can pick up something that helps us figure out how they are doing the things they do (aka is it occult, psychic powers, whatever).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
(If you have proof, then yes)

[8]
Hmmm. Appears that the black goo is the pain dimension leaking into this universe. Oh and these pain elementals are directly connected to their dimension and death is impossible outside of it. It actually says that right here. "Death is impossible."  That's not even something you knew it could search for....

Eet mOar CHikN
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Bob looks at what's going on, nods slightly, and then eats another chicken.

"What a bunch of kinky weirdos, as much as I'd like to kill them it seems you guys have this covered so I'm gonna go see if there aren't any others out wondering the halls."
Have the robots follow me while I search the surrounding hallways for any other gimps that might have left the room, also see if the mags from my OMNITECH sidearm will fit in those regular handguns I have.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
[2]
You wander away from the chaos and search for more gimps!  You find Zero (0) more gimps!

"zzzzzz....no eyeman nooooo...zzzzzzz"

Continue to sleep until someone wakes me up or I fall out of my chair whichever comes first x2

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
[4]
You wake up! You wipe drool from your face and look around. Huh...where did everyone go? And whats up with that alarm?

("Why do bad things happen to good people?" - Peter Griffin)

"AGHMOTHEROFGODFUCKINGAGHHHHHHHHHHMAKEITSTOP!" Al screams, fleeing the room.

Desperately use whatever I can to stop the pain, first try to patch-up the wound with the med kit then inject myself with the stimulant.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
[6]
You wrap your hand around your arm and slowly squish all the peeled meat back onto the muscle. Once thats done you dump a bunch of liquid stiches from the med kit all over the vaguely arm like mass of meat and then bandage the entire thing very tightly. With any luck, it will all...just grow back together and sort itself out. Yep. Should be fine. You inject yourself with a stimulant as you try to convince yourself what you're saying is true.

Ed lightly slaps the scanner a few times with a tentacle
"This thing is on the fritz. Bet you they sold me a refurbished model as if it were a new one."

Give the room and the door a scan with my fancy eyes, go over it with various vision modes and see if I notice anything interesting or useful. Be sure to keep my Negotiation enhancer switched on, in case these pain elementals start lying.

Also use the omniscient scanner again, this time searching for "travelers in sensation". See what that term is about.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[3] You squint into the chaos but can't see a whole lot regardless of the vision mode.
[1]The scanner displays the letter "I"

Give Alec painkillers and drag him out of the line of fire.

"You guys should work for us.  We have some real experts in the infliction of pain."

Also give the gimps some parting words.

You grab Alec and shove a pain killer in his mouth while he wraps his arm. You drag him out of the room.

"Nahhhh... We're here to party, motherfuckers!"
Kora swings her RPG towards the gimps.
"D'ye... ye savages even know what this is?! It'll blow yer goblets right up yes it willll!"

Blow the gimps up if it seems like a good idea at the time. Otherwise just rant and insult their primitive tastes. Booze and explosives are way more fun than sex torture.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[12]
Light them up with the auto-cannon. Don’t release the trigger until they’re all red mist.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[2][2]
Ji sprays down the entire room with auto-cannon fire until the gun rapidly clicks empty. The smoke clears slightly to reveal that she has completely missed them with every single shot. The wall behind them is completely potmarked with shots, but the Pain Elementals themselves are untouched.

"Come on! How does that even happen!" She shouts, gesturing wildly at the comical turn of events.  Her exasperation is cut short as Kora shoves Ji back out of the room.

"I have no intention of hanging around with you sub-humans. Please excuse me!" Kora shouts as she hurls a frag grenade into the midst of the Pain elementals.  That done she steps out of the room with everyone else and slams the door shut.

Walk over and shut the door.  After the explosives go off.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
You attempt to push pass Kora but she refuses to let you past, even after the resulting explosion from her grenade.

"No. Explosion must be given time to assimilate. Do not startle."

From inside the room you hear, "Ambitious effort but unfortunately random."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4522 on: January 20, 2022, 10:36:58 pm »

Ahem.  Wilfred is in a hardsuit that grants d10 strength.  Kora is an overweight woman with d4 strength.  Politely pick her up and set her off to the side.

Then walk over and shut the door to the pain dimension.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4523 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:41 pm »

Allow zombie Chicken #3 to clean Bob's teeth.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 20, 2022, 11:36:00 pm »

Stay back a good distance from the door (perhaps around a corner), then wait for Wilfred to declare the coast to be clear.

Once that's done, go inside. If the pain elementals have been rendered into goop, fill as many containment pods with their chunky salsa as I can and start emptying them into the pain portal as if I was bailing out a leaking boat.

If any are intact, avoid the risk of offending them via goop scoop and just repeat what I tried last turn. (i.e persuade them to let me show off my pain powers, merge them into one being with fleshwarping, and banish the amalgam in one swift blow)

"We are all interested in bloodshed, but not all of us are as experienced at inflicting it. If you allow my clumsy colleagues the courtesy go first, then I will show you the experience of a master!" Baldwin pulls his glove like a mad scientist about to conduct business.

Once everyone else on my team has their go, use Fleshwarping to merge all the pain elementals together into one being.

"Have you ever had the intimate experience of sharing your pain with another? I hear there is no other like it."

Once merged, carve runes of banishment directly onto their flesh using my occult knife. Don't send the mass back to the pain dimension of course, but to a different H.E.L.L.

If the merging fails, just try to turn on the pain receptors for one gimp and then carve a Rune of Pain if they aren't satisfied with that.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 21, 2022, 02:43:21 am »

Reload the auto-cannon and follow Wil into the room. Reengage the PE’s, this time with a bit more patience.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 21, 2022, 05:00:22 am »

"Baldwin, let me do the talking, okay?  Lets try to get them away from the door before experimenting."

After the fire and gunshots or whatever, go help Baldwin negotiate.  Try to get at least one of them to move away from the door.  Baldwin has some kinda exotic pain powers, so let him experiment, I'm just trying to make a path for door-closing attempts.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:23:04 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 21, 2022, 05:31:33 am »

"There don't seem to be any more gimps, I think we got em all in that room so I guess we've got it contained for now."
Get back the group and check the consents of every trash can and vending machine I find along the way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4528 on: January 21, 2022, 09:25:02 pm »

More grenade, more party. Keep cover behind Wilfred.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4529 on: January 22, 2022, 09:33:51 pm »

Allow zombie Chicken #3 to clean Bob's teeth.

Zombie chicken 3 does its best to clean your teeth. It has no real gripping surfaces though so its more just smearing raw chicken grease around your mouth. Which is also good honestly.

"There don't seem to be any more gimps, I think we got em all in that room so I guess we've got it contained for now."
Get back the group and check the consents of every trash can and vending machine I find along the way.
[1]
You look for trash cans, vending machines, and the rest of the security team. You find none of these. The only thing you find is yourself, in a deep stairwell, next to a skeleton wearing a security uniform. With no visible way out.

More grenade, more party. Keep cover behind Wilfred.

Ahem.  Wilfred is in a hardsuit that grants d10 strength.  Kora is an overweight woman with d4 strength.  Politely pick her up and set her off to the side.

Then walk over and shut the door to the pain dimension.

[1v6]
Reload the auto-cannon and follow Wil into the room. Reengage the PE’s, this time with a bit more patience.

Stay back a good distance from the door (perhaps around a corner), then wait for Wilfred to declare the coast to be clear.

Once that's done, go inside. If the pain elementals have been rendered into goop, fill as many containment pods with their chunky salsa as I can and start emptying them into the pain portal as if I was bailing out a leaking boat.

If any are intact, avoid the risk of offending them via goop scoop and just repeat what I tried last turn. (i.e persuade them to let me show off my pain powers, merge them into one being with fleshwarping, and banish the amalgam in one swift blow)

"We are all interested in bloodshed, but not all of us are as experienced at inflicting it. If you allow my clumsy colleagues the courtesy go first, then I will show you the experience of a master!" Baldwin pulls his glove like a mad scientist about to conduct business.

Once everyone else on my team has their go, use Fleshwarping to merge all the pain elementals together into one being.

"Have you ever had the intimate experience of sharing your pain with another? I hear there is no other like it."

Once merged, carve runes of banishment directly onto their flesh using my occult knife. Don't send the mass back to the pain dimension of course, but to a different H.E.L.L.

If the merging fails, just try to turn on the pain receptors for one gimp and then carve a Rune of Pain if they aren't satisfied with that.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)

Kora attempts to add more grenades to the party but is snatched up by the collar of her uniform and hauled off to the side by Wilfred. Wilfred then carefully opens the door to the room  and steps back.
Ji, with the way now cleared, ducks into the room and opens fire again. This time she fairly neatly sweeps the room with a wide "8" shaped pattern, reducing the strange gimps into giblets. A moment later however, several gimps, including many of the ones from before, step out of the pain dimension. They seem no worse for wear and are right back in the same condition they were in before.

"Death is a waste of good suffering." Says one with most of the flesh peeled away from the bones of his face. He points at Ji.
[1]
Ji's Elbows and Knees dislocate and twist in the opposite direction from normal. She clatters to the ground with a screech and flails weakly.
[11]
Kora, still dangling, hurls another grenade into the room and Wilfred drags Ji out and closes the door. A few moments later another *WUD* of a muffled explosion echoes from inside.
[5]
Wilfred reopens the door and Baldwin runs around the corner and pokes his head in. The Pain elementals are all standing there, some with new bleeding holes or scorched skin, apparently unbothered.

"We've felt this pain before." One says, apparently as a complaint.

Baldwin claps his hands and several of the gimps slide together. They press against each other and finally into one another, half merging with a sound like marmalade being forced through a cheese grater.  The resulting mass of gimp-flesh claps with several hands.

"Artful!" One head says.

"Unique!" Another gurgles.

"UGGHHHGUUBBBUGGGHUGHH" says one as it vomits up....intestine?

Then the mass points at least 7 fingers at Baldwin.
[3]
Baldwin's flesh wriggles in an odd fashion but...nothing really happens. Huh.

"Baldwin, let me do the talking, okay?  Lets try to get them away from the door before experimenting."

After the fire and gunshots or whatever, go help Baldwin negotiate.  Try to get at least one of them to move away from the door.  Baldwin has some kinda exotic pain powers, so let him experiment, I'm just trying to make a path for door-closing attempts.

Summer steps past Wilfred, over Ji, and ducks Kora's flailing limbs to get into the room. Baldwin is still on his feet and not...bleeding out the anus or whatever, so things seem to be going well.
[4]
She gestures to get the attention of one of the pain elementals, who is dragging a cavaletto squarciapalle out of the door to the pain dimension.
"Excuse me, um, do you mind moving that to the side? We just want to keep the path unobstructed."
The pain Elemental, who is missing the entire top half of his head from about the mid point of the nose up, "looks" at the horse and then back to Summer.

"Ah yes. Of course, pardon me." He says and slides the wooden torture device to the side of the room. "Is this...?"

"Yes that's fine, thank you very much."

"Would you...?" He gestures to Summer and then to the torture device.

"Oh no, thank you." she says, "Not my thing."

He nods, understandingly.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 334