Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452731 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4965 on: October 11, 2022, 04:12:54 pm »

Assuming I saw the bloodlaser shoot past, fly to the other side of the island (while staying underneath it) and peek up to take stock and inspect the blueflame temple in more detail. Hopefully they will be too distracted by the bonem to notice me!

Do all of the frolicking painbois here have the blue flame eyes? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: October 15, 2022, 01:56:12 am »

Portal!

But no, I still have wings and can fly, so this falling shouldn't be that much of an issue for me.  Just hang on to the chain, spread my wings out, and focus!

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4967 on: October 15, 2022, 05:23:08 pm »

"Hahahaha!  You really expect that to kill me?  Idiot!  I already died!  And soon, you will too!  And then you'll be my pet ghost!  Fuck Derp, Bonem!"

Onwards!  Nothing will stop our advance!  And try to overpower the nature of these pleasure gardens--make them more brutal, lethal, and painful.  Surround the lazy pain elementals with traps and attacks, reminding them that they should be screaming in pain while eternally impaled on perpetually exploding bone spikes!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4968 on: November 05, 2022, 11:15:25 pm »

Conjure a pile of lock-on rocket launchers and shoot down the enemy screamingbeams.

Also, enhance the Doom.

Spoiler: kora sheet (click to show/hide)

[6]
Rocket launchers begin raining from the sky directly above you. At first glance this is perfect. After one bounces off the top of your head and more keep falling, you begin to see a problem. Even if this wasn't a rather concussive experiance, it makes aiming quite difficult. Not to mention dangerous, considering a rocket might immediately strike a falling launcher.

fire a shot at the Blue flame and another at the fleshy red wall with the hope of creating a passage between the two.

DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE PORTAL! Let a teammate send a camera drone through first.

Try to perform the portal shenanigans again. If I succeed, my teammates should be able to follow me through

((Sorry for taking so long, you posted on Canadian Thanksgiving))

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[2]
Maybe hand the gun to someone with better aim, deadeye.

"Maybe an elevator is to complex, probably need to try something easier."
Imagine a car into existence!
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
[1][4]
Good news: You summon a car! Bad news, its a pt Cruiser. Worse news, its 50 feet straight up and now falling towards you. You immediately dodge out of the way and scramble away like a weird lizard as the vehicle smashes into the flesh behind you. The impact sends a ripple out through the tissue and flips you several feet. You land feet first into a giant skin pore and get wedged up to your waist.

Portal!

But no, I still have wings and can fly, so this falling shouldn't be that much of an issue for me. Just hang on to the chain, spread my wings out, and focus!

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
[2] NO PORTAL
[6] FLIGHT YES. VERY YES
You rip up off that slope of flesh with the iron maiden like a fleshy rocket. In fact, you fly so fast and so quickly that by the time you open your eyes against the wind you're actually hanging above the blue flame temple. How the heck....

Assuming I saw the bloodlaser shoot past, fly to the other side of the island (while staying underneath it) and peek up to take stock and inspect the blueflame temple in more detail. Hopefully they will be too distracted by the bonem to notice me!

Do all of the frolicking painbois here have the blue flame eyes? 

As your less subtle teammate engages in a reality bending duel of wills with the megasadist on his floating pleasure gardens in the pain dimension -still a bit hard to believe that's an accurate sentence- you scamper round to the other side and peek up over the edge.

The Temple is in the style of the Parthenon, a rectangle of huge pillars holding up a stout triangular roof.  There are no inner walls, just a wide open court that you can only glance through the thin spaces between the huge pillars. You see a marble floor, what might be a bath, more plants in giant planters, and most importantly a throne. The throne is enormous, the sort of thing a brass idol of Zeus should be seated on. Instead, a familiar man is sitting on it. He's something like 10 meters tall now, dressed in the fashion of one of those old gods with a toga and golden crown of laurels, but he is unmistakably Mr. Friend. His head is wreathed in blue fire that flows up  and onto the ceiling like water pouring into a bowl. The flames build and then pour out  between the pillars, flowing across the roof and reforming into a giant pyre at its apex.

Every elemental here, from the rather beautiful women fawning around the great throne in the temple to the butchered adonises in the garden, is blazing with that same fire. Some from just their eyes while others are little more than living torches.

"Hahahaha!  You really expect that to kill me?  Idiot!  I already died!  And soon, you will too!  And then you'll be my pet ghost!  Fuck Derp, Bonem!"

Onwards!  Nothing will stop our advance!  And try to overpower the nature of these pleasure gardens--make them more brutal, lethal, and painful.  Surround the lazy pain elementals with traps and attacks, reminding them that they should be screaming in pain while eternally impaled on perpetually exploding bone spikes!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)

[11]
Another shot of the screaming blood laser begins to congeal in mid air above the gardens, seemingly without a source.  Considering this most people would probably have fled or taken cover, at the very least. But Wilfred drove onward. He had been beyond the veil of death. He had commanded the specters of alien beings that had been dead for countless millennia . He had struggled through blood and self born madness beneath the earth.  He was very much insane but beneath that gibbering mass of chaos was a white hot core of unbending steel. And in this place where Will and conviction are more solid than flesh or stone his unrelenting desire was a weapon unto itself. His lips curled into a twisted snarl and he pointed one finger out towards the building laser and the temple beyond it. 

"FUCK YOU!"

His scream rolled out like the shockwave of a bomb, a rippling wall of force which scoured the gardens, tearing trees, burning grass, and splintering stone.  Several elementals are caught in that blast of concentrated loathing and burst like bloody bubbles, leaving nothing but a bloody vapor. The blood laser clots and scabs, solidifying before crumbling into a powder of gore.  But before that incendiary insult can reach the temple, it slams into something unseen and the lambent wave shatters in a spray of multi-color starbursts. The flame pouring from the temple suddenly erupts to several times its original height, the entire roof of the temple vanishing beneath the blowtorch torrent of flame.  It seems Mr. Friend is giving this his full attention now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: November 05, 2022, 11:25:33 pm »

Jump down to the sundered garden and start gathering up launchers in one place. This is gonna be good.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: November 06, 2022, 03:28:39 am »

"God damn it."
Have my robot friends help me get out of the hole, then go investigate what's left of the car.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: November 06, 2022, 11:22:14 am »

Try to engage the biorhythm tracker on Friendly to keep track of where he is (hopefully it being only an outline will prevent any mindcontrol, if that is even still relevant).

Then inform teammates of what's going on here over the radio.

Finally, while he is distracted, start sneaking closer. Stop before reaching the edge of where I think the invisible forcefield would be on this side and toss like a single rock or bullet through it to see if it gets stopped. Also try not to be exactly 180° away from Wil and Friendly so I don't get hit by overshooting hatebeams. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 11:34:41 am by Radio Controlled »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: November 06, 2022, 11:52:07 am »

Give up on portal shenanigans and take the long way instead. By that, I mean fly over there using jumpsuit rocket packs. Leave a portal behind so any teammates can eventually follow maybe?

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: November 06, 2022, 04:46:51 pm »

Bob and the Bats drift over to the palace and eat it.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: November 10, 2022, 02:55:03 pm »

Continue sticking to Yagyu's back like the barnacle boy that I am. Keep my optical camo on, as it has been up until now.

Briefly stick my had up over Yagyu's shoulder and have a look at mister friend and his immediate surroundings with my sensor suite, cycling through the various modes. Just to see if I see anything special/noteworthy that way.
Keep my negotiation enhancer on, just in case Mister Friend speaks. Might be useful to know if/when he's lying.

If I can after the previous, use the OMNI-scient Network observer and do a search for what we're seeing here. Meaning the current state of Mister Friend and specifically the sort of shield he has going on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4975 on: November 13, 2022, 07:30:49 pm »

Jump down to the sundered garden and start gathering up launchers in one place. This is gonna be good.

[1]
You leap from the Bonem onto the now rather charred grass and a falling rocket launcher cracks you in the back of the head as you do. You sprawl face first, relatively uninjured but unconscious.

"God damn it."
Have my robot friends help me get out of the hole, then go investigate what's left of the car.
After you get pulled free with a resounding *THUNK* you go inspect the remains of the PTV cruiser. As you'd expect for a car dropped from a great height, it doesn't look great. It isn't as bad as if it landed on concrete but you're pretty sure cars should have 4 wheels and that the engine is supposed to be inside them.

Give up on portal shenanigans and take the long way instead. By that, I mean fly over there using jumpsuit rocket packs. Leave a portal behind so any teammates can eventually follow maybe?

[3]
You fly up towards the fun. It seems a long way away.

Bob and the Bats drift over to the palace and eat it.

[8] Bob opens his mouth and eats the floating island. All of it. At once. Turns out it wasn't giant, it was actually really tiny and close to him.

Continue sticking to Yagyu's back like the barnacle boy that I am. Keep my optical camo on, as it has been up until now.

Briefly stick my had up over Yagyu's shoulder and have a look at mister friend and his immediate surroundings with my sensor suite, cycling through the various modes. Just to see if I see anything special/noteworthy that way.
Keep my negotiation enhancer on, just in case Mister Friend speaks. Might be useful to know if/when he's lying.

If I can after the previous, use the OMNI-scient Network observer and do a search for what we're seeing here. Meaning the current state of Mister Friend and specifically the sort of shield he has going on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2]

Your eyes see all sorts of interesting things. Tons of them really. A whole bunch of information is just laid out in front of you. But you understand fucking none of it. And the damn omni-net won't connect!  Son of a gun!

Try to engage the biorhythm tracker on Friendly to keep track of where he is (hopefully it being only an outline will prevent any mindcontrol, if that is even still relevant).

Then inform teammates of what's going on here over the radio.

Finally, while he is distracted, start sneaking closer. Stop before reaching the edge of where I think the invisible forcefield would be on this side and toss like a single rock or bullet through it to see if it gets stopped. Also try not to be exactly 180° away from Wil and Friendly so I don't get hit by overshooting hatebeams. 

Tracker active

Teammates informed

[10]You slither across the garden, doing so well you actually make it all the way to the edge of the inner gardens around the temple; well inside the invisible field you saw block the conflagration before. You feel no ill effects of passing through it, nor even notice as you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: November 14, 2022, 12:44:58 am »

Bob now waits to be let out of the pain dimension with his cargo/snack. Or for more food. Either way. Or both. Preferably Both. Bob now waits to be lead out of the pain dimension by offers of more food.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: November 14, 2022, 01:27:33 am »

I'm not unconscious, the universe just forgot about me for a second. Now give me my rockets.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: November 14, 2022, 02:55:58 am »

"Well that sucks, I'm not really good at this whole summoning shit stuff."
See if there was anything interesting inside the car, then see if my robot friends can imagine some way to get us up to that island.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: November 14, 2022, 05:59:55 pm »

Use the Ammunition Transmutation forge to turn some of these carbine mags into a big tranq dart that nicely fits into the ferromagnetic accelerator, filled with strong anesthetics. If a big tranq dart isn't possible, make some big flashbangs instead (still for the ferro accelero). Hell, do both if possible in a turn.

While that is chugging along, help Edward Barnacle Boy with his summoning wizardry.   

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:59:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334