Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441956 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4980 on: November 14, 2022, 06:40:03 pm »

Focus real hard and imagine myself holding a tranquilizer rifle loaded with tranq rounds strong enough to put a particularely large elephant to sleep. Just, like, super strong.
Do this in an attempt to will such a thing into existence.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: November 15, 2022, 07:53:28 pm »

Help Bob imagine a portal.  Grab a rocket launcher, on general principles.  Don't go through the portal myself.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: November 15, 2022, 11:23:54 pm »

Since my destination has just been eaten by a gator, go back to the ground and send a radio message to my teammates and ask them if they're okay. Then try to see if I can convert my Portal gun portal into a portal back into the real world. TEST it with a drone, not my own person!

"Uhh, I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but I think the gator just ate the floating island and possibly Mr Friend. Can anyone who was on the island confirm if they're inside the digestive track of an alligator. Anyone!?"

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:58:14 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: November 16, 2022, 04:19:06 am »

"Wait the gator ate the island, damn it I should have been paying more attention to the sky guess I'll just keep going as I was."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4984 on: November 17, 2022, 10:54:07 am »

Be evasive/defensive while ranting to Derp.  An immediate attack isn't needed; rant and build up into a foaming, all consuming rage.

"See this, Derp?!"  Wilfred shouts, holding his arms out wide, the bone golem below him mimicking the motion.  "See ME?"

"I have changed so much since I first heard of you!  I've died, over and over again!  I've shifted forms!  I've become a god!  But there has been one thing I have held at my core since I was told of your existence, Derp!"

Wilfred clenches both of his fists together, his cat ears folding back and his sharp teeth gnashing.  He visibly vibrates with rage as he screams.  "Pain!  YOUR pain!  I know what you are, a monstrous concept, a virus, a filthy infection!  But you know what I am?  I am hatred incarnate!  Every fiber of my being is dedicated to your pain and suffering!  You will scream and writhe!  I brought you here--ME!--so that you would suffer the entirety of the torment this world is made from!"

Reach out to the pain dimension.  Every part of it.  Every mind and sensation in this horrible place.  Send a signal, a single clear and pure emotion:

"FUCK YOU, DERP!  WRITHE AND DIE IN ABSOLUTE AGONY!"

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: November 22, 2022, 04:04:34 am »

"...Well honestly shouldn't of expected much else. Wait where di- Agh not again!"

Grab my incompetent mind lawyer who is also a bear for some reason and catch up with the current reality where everyone else is at. Also while im at it eat some metaphysical saltine crackers to calm my nerves.

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4986 on: November 27, 2022, 02:15:12 pm »

I'm not unconscious, the universe just forgot about me for a second. Now give me my rockets.
[6]
You go from laying on the ground to standing with a rocket launcher in both hands, screaming a battle cry. There's no standing up, no recovering. You are on the ground one moment, the next you are screaming bloody murder while dual wielding rocket launchers. If anyone had been watching you, it would probably be very disconcerting. But luckily not even the universe was keeping tabs on you, so its fine.

Bob now waits to be let out of the pain dimension with his cargo/snack. Or for more food. Either way. Or both. Preferably Both. Bob now waits to be lead out of the pain dimension by offers of more food.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)
Bob Bobs about, waiting for more food. Might be a minute until more food comes. Unless he makes food.

"Well that sucks, I'm not really good at this whole summoning shit stuff."
See if there was anything interesting inside the car, then see if my robot friends can imagine some way to get us up to that island.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
[4]
You dig through the wreckage of the car and find...a jetpack?! Damn! That's interesting!

(Can robots imagine?)

Since my destination has just been eaten by a gator, go back to the ground and send a radio message to my teammates and ask them if they're okay. Then try to see if I can convert my Portal gun portal into a portal back into the real world. TEST it with a drone, not my own person!

"Uhh, I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but I think the gator just ate the floating island and possibly Mr Friend. Can anyone who was on the island confirm if they're inside the digestive track of an alligator. Anyone!?"

The island Bob ate isn't the one with all the fighting. [6] The one you're in fact at right now! Right next to Wilfred!

"...Well honestly shouldn't of expected much else. Wait where di- Agh not again!"

Grab my incompetent mind lawyer who is also a bear for some reason and catch up with the current reality where everyone else is at. Also while im at it eat some metaphysical saltine crackers to calm my nerves.

[4]
You appear next to wilfred. How did you get here? Whats going on? Who knows! You eat crackers as wilfred rants. Wow, this garden is pretty nice; except for the parts that are on fire.

Help Bob imagine a portal.  Grab a rocket launcher, on general principles.  Don't go through the portal myself.

[3]
Uh...well I don't think bob is actually imagining anything. If he is, he's not doing it well since no portal appears. But we'll assume you do land down next to Wilfred and pick up one of those rocket launchers. You know, just because.

Use the Ammunition Transmutation forge to turn some of these carbine mags into a big tranq dart that nicely fits into the ferromagnetic accelerator, filled with strong anesthetics. If a big tranq dart isn't possible, make some big flashbangs instead (still for the ferro accelero). Hell, do both if possible in a turn.

While that is chugging along, help Edward Barnacle Boy with his summoning wizardry.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[8]
You create 4 big tranq rounds and 2 flashbangs.  This eats all the carbine rounds.

Focus real hard and imagine myself holding a tranquilizer rifle loaded with tranq rounds strong enough to put a particularely large elephant to sleep. Just, like, super strong.
Do this in an attempt to will such a thing into existence.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[3][5]
You get your rifle, materializing it out of thin air, and a few rounds for it, but not a lot. [D4 magazine of rounds]

Be evasive/defensive while ranting to Derp.  An immediate attack isn't needed; rant and build up into a foaming, all consuming rage.

"See this, Derp?!"  Wilfred shouts, holding his arms out wide, the bone golem below him mimicking the motion.  "See ME?"

"I have changed so much since I first heard of you!  I've died, over and over again!  I've shifted forms!  I've become a god!  But there has been one thing I have held at my core since I was told of your existence, Derp!"

Wilfred clenches both of his fists together, his cat ears folding back and his sharp teeth gnashing.  He visibly vibrates with rage as he screams.  "Pain!  YOUR pain!  I know what you are, a monstrous concept, a virus, a filthy infection!  But you know what I am?  I am hatred incarnate!  Every fiber of my being is dedicated to your pain and suffering!  You will scream and writhe!  I brought you here--ME!--so that you would suffer the entirety of the torment this world is made from!"

Reach out to the pain dimension.  Every part of it.  Every mind and sensation in this horrible place.  Send a signal, a single clear and pure emotion:

"FUCK YOU, DERP!  WRITHE AND DIE IN ABSOLUTE AGONY!"

[9v4]
This garden is the heart of derp's power, the citadel of his will within the pain dimension. It is his stronghold and the point where his influence is strongest. However, paradoxically, it is also his most vulnerable spot.  Out there in the larger world, any island won would be pruning a single branch on a great tree or one head from a hydra. But here, to challenge him here, is to strike at the root. Wilfred throws his will against Derp's and the two invisible behemoths clash above the garden, unseen waves of mental force which throw impossible rainbow starbursts and shimmering oil spill explosions that warp the world like a magnet on a cathode ray tube. Derp's blue flame doesn't falter here, in fact it grows stronger, larger, more powerful, but out among the scattered islands the blazing blue pinprick stars that filled the red void begin to wink out. His influence on the outer world is beaten back, torn from the minds of the pain elementals in increasing numbers.

In the grounds of the garden pain elementals suddenly bound across smoldering grass towards Wilfred. Their heads are torches of blue flame, their bodies perfect alabaster clad in tunics, togas, or nothing at all. These Olympians carry enormous gilded implements of torture and death; serrated blades, thorny whips, spiked cudgels, mancatchers, impaling spikes, and flaying knives.  A few of these slayers a burst apart or violently torn by the shockwaves and explosions of the mental battle, but the rest continue towards Wilfred heedlessly, intent on tearing him to pieces.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: November 27, 2022, 03:38:52 pm »

Operation "you snooze you lose" is a-go!
Primary fire: flashbang, aim so it explodes just in front of his face for maximum debilitation.
Secondary fire (with autonomous targeting system): tranq rounds.

Also, just as a reminder:

Quote from:  discord
14:54]Radio Controlled: Since we've had 2 rounds of Friendo being in combat (sorta?), are the weakness analysis protocols at lvl 2?
[14:54]Radio Controlled: Like, he's been fighting us with bloodlasers and forcefields and whatnot but not really moving much so dunno if it counts.
[14:55]Mr.Bones: Hmmm
[14:56]Mr.Bones: I'd roll tech or something for that. Because of how mutable this world is

So in case the tech roll is successful, the protocols should now be at lvl3, meaning all of the following would apply:
1. Increase damage dealt by 1 die level, 2. Gain advantage on to-hit, 3. Gain advantage on Damage roll as well.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 03:42:01 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: November 27, 2022, 04:54:50 pm »

Set rocket launchers to burst fire mode and start shooting guys in their glowing blue weakpoints for massive damage!

Spoiler: kora sheet (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: November 28, 2022, 04:44:53 am »

(Can robots imagine?)
(I'm not sure I was hoping you'd tell me.)

"Would you look at that."
Examine the jetpack and see if I can figure out if this thing can carry me and my robot friends up to that island, if it doesn't seem like it can try shooting the island with my harpoon.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: November 28, 2022, 12:56:27 pm »

Why wasn't the Island Bob AteTM the same one where the fighting all is?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: November 28, 2022, 07:33:56 pm »

Wait a minute, why am I next to Wilfred all of a sudden? Could Mr Friend have brought us here? Better prepare myself in case of a trap.

Put on blindfold and instead try to imagine the garden island I'm currently on. Shoot Fragile darkness at where I imagine the pain elementals to be. Let's see how much my mental image lines up with the real deal.

"We've got to be careful guys. Mr Friend might be preparing to make his next move"

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 02:52:28 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: November 29, 2022, 01:35:46 pm »

Seems I need help in making a portal.

Fly away and find some non-controlled pain elementals who can help me make a portal.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: November 29, 2022, 06:01:40 pm »

"You know..." Munches on a cracker "Mmm.. I think I may of gotten a bit over my head here quiet frankly I completely lost track of what is going on." Munches on yet another cracker "Anyway... Im just... gonna play some music and watch the fireworks good luck guys!"
Mentally summon a fitting theme song for the climax and enjoy the show.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4994 on: December 02, 2022, 02:38:38 am »

"Come on, Derp!  Do you really think those fucking idiots will be able to do anything to me?!"

Wilfred throws his arms out wide, laughing as he scowls at the blue flame.  "I've killed gods!  I've consumed gods!  I've died many times, and it's never stopped me!  Even YOU already killed me, and now I'm pissed off!  Death is my bitch, and wounds don't mean a damn thing here, Derp!  Here, we're just ideas and beliefs!"

His mirth fades away as he returns to angry ranting, bringing both his hands in to point at his temples.  His cat ears fold back, as he grimaces, showing off his fangs.  "You hear me?  I'm just pure willpower here, and there's only one thing in my head!  Pain!  YOUR pain, Derp!  It feels like the last three fucking years I've been thinking about you!  Three years of visualizing your torture, waiting to finally destroy your ugly little... fuckiness!  Argh!"

His fists clench his hair, pulling at it, starting to yank it out, as he rants, his rage continuing to build.  "I'm finally here, and then you send THESE idiots!  It won't do anything, coward!  Come out and actually face me, Derp!  Witness me!  See what I AM!  I am agony!  Ten thousand visions of your eternal suffering!  And I am here for YOU!  Come out, come take your pain, and scream for this entire world to enjoy!"

Okay, no more playing defensive.  Or even calling out for assistance any more.  Too angry for that now.   Just attack.  Attack attack attack.  Get Derp to come out properly, and just lay into him.  Ignore everything else, allies, the pain elementals, the island, none of that matters.

Hurt Derp.

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334