Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452090 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: An increasingly large pile of viscera
« Reply #525 on: March 19, 2019, 06:58:27 pm »

Edward browses for some spooky, tension-building music on his computing cube.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2019, 04:18:19 pm »

Salute the good doctor. He's an inspiration to us all. Then close the door.

Go back to lab 1 and check that organo-printer. Is it OK? Could I use it to make a grenade or other explosive? Medicine or replacement limbs? DRUGS? How about a living creature that gives birth to grenades with enough food?

Pathos salutes the good Doctor Pelican and then heads back to lab 1 after shutting the door. He doesn't relock it though, since such a thing could be a real pain.

Back in lab one he checks out the organo-printer. [7] Hmmm it seems designed to print out only organic matter, primarily carbon and water based by the look of it. Grenades and explosives are basically out of the question, but replacement limbs and drugs, those are much more viable. As per making a creature...maybe...but that would probably require months of RnD with biologists, geneticists, biochemists, etc. Can't just type in "Bunny what poop c4" and expect it to work.

He knows, he tried.

Edward browses for some spooky, tension-building music on his computing cube.

[2]
Unfortunately the best Edward can find is a soundfile of someone playing the x-files theme on a kazoo.

Find a corner to mope in and dissociate over the lack of coffee, see if I can get the OMNITECH Memory Eradicator to erase memories of the previous hour
"N-no snacks...no coffee...ruined hair...wh-what god would let this happen. Who would forsake me this fate...stuck with these lunatics."
[1]
Murphy, apparently quite distressed by his lack of coffee, fumbles out his memory eradicator, placing it on his head and hitting the button with reckless disregard for his own safety. After a moment, some buzzing, and the smell of burnt hair he stands up and looks around.

"Excuse me...whoever you are. Can you please tell me...where this is. And what I'm  doing here. And who I am. And what I am?"

This is what he intends to say. What actually comes out is of course incomprehensible hooting and grunting, thoughts focused through a mildly fried speech center.

Spoiler: Punished Jengo (click to show/hide)

That was a trip. Can I ever trust again? I'm gonna look for something like a cart or trolley or sturdy sticks to hobble around on. If I can manage that, hobble to the rest of the group. Better than ducking out or being left alone, hopefully.
[1]
Jengo hobbles over to what looks like a good solid piece of metal pipe he can use for a crutch. This metal pipe is, as it turns out, a conduit. This conduit is, as it turns out, attached to the frayed electrical cable. And, as it turns out, the conduit itself is also electrified.
[5v2]
Jengo gets shocked straight off his feet and collapses into a pile with a scream of "JEZAHGAGUAH!"

He is uninjured but the sudden electrical stimulation has left him rather unenthusiastic about getting back up.

((Clem does not have an insurance card, I don't believe, but Rezel would be willing to give his card to Clem in hopes of negotiating for repayment after Clem is repaired.  At this time, though, Rezel isn't around to do this.))

Well, better check out that maintenance shaft then!  Be very careful, slow and cautious, shooting anything that moves and/or nobody will miss.  If it turns out to be clear, go idle around near the entrance to lab 2, waiting for a person with relevant credentials to open the door; no need to go find one of them, though.  No rush, and they should know when they're needed anyway.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Hey Rezel. Narrator here. Are you a technician or a janitor? No? Do you have a keycard for the door? No? Well then it ain't gonna open. Least not as is. Go get the card from Benny. Its the blue one.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Reload my rifle and scavenge around the area where the the Scissor Head first appeared for FoF markers and/or any extra loot.
[4]
Kerberos walks back into the area where the scissor head was first spotted and starts kicking bodies around, searching for something good. Under the 13th body he does in fact find something pretty good. Its a spider-crustatean thing the size of a basket ball that has quietly been squatting in a corpse's chest cavity, eating innards. Of course, when Kerberos kicks the body it becomes rather agitated.

[2v2][1v4]
The creature leaps straight up onto Kerberos' face and proceeds to sink its three hypodermic like fangs into his neck  several times before leaping back and skittering a few feet away, out of easy swiping range.
[3v7]

Kerberos staggers for a second and then stiffens, falling over like a felled tree, alive but paralyzed.

Since we seem to be doing lab 3 next, check that I have the IFF program and activate it.  Also, use the disinfectant gear to clean myself, the turrets might be activating based on that.

Spuds finds it hard to activate a program on a communicator he doesn't have.

By "The disinfectant gear" do you mean the decontamination chamber that someone has stuck an "Out of order" sign on?

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

"Without insurance" isn't "Actually dead," he supposed, as he waited with like 73 other insurance-less mooks for an actual repair. He then used the strange 4th wall awareness he had when he was on death's door to moan, through walls and across lots of space, "Hey, Pathos, swab some of my blood and print me some fresh guts, eh?"
So you can get fixed without paying, but that puts you in debt and basically puts your money in a negative state you have to refill before you start actually earning again. Or someone, (Like sy) can give you their card to use. I'd be ok with him giving it to you so long as SOMEONE tells him you were hurt in character.

"Well, this is convenient. Do you think that guy we rescued as the right keycard? But first, lets see if I can get it open. Can you help me get the keycard panel open?"

With the help of Jon, try to open the keycard panel and try to rewire it to open the door.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
"Locked, eh"
Stuff one mini donut in my mouth, squirt an equal volume of cream cheese in there as well, then knock politely on the Lab 2 door and holler "Sanitation!" in my best bored housekeeping voice. If i get a response form inside lab 2, act accordingly. Otherwise just go back and continue detoxing lab 1. Only worried about cleaning up the biological contaminants. And only the ones that have escaped their intended enclosures.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
"I picked up a red keycard earlier, maybe that'll help. I never know why they use colours instead of just printing the name of the lab it opens. I always get the colours mixed up."

Follow Jon into lab 2, use my red keycard if that helps.
If we can't get in, light up a OMNITECH cigarette and help him further clean lab 1.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
Jon, with a mouthful of frosting slurring his words, yells "SANITATION!" at the door  and then pounds on it a few times. Nothing happens.  Bored, he wanders back into lab 1 and starts incinerating random bits of medical debris. Mostly limbs.

[3] Jack gets the keycard reader open and tries to hack it to let anyone through. He can't manage that, but he does manage to change what keycard is accepted. Since Ed has a red card on him, Jack sets the card for red. Ed scans the card and the door beeps, opening up.  This place is seemingly much nicer. It looks a lot like lab 1 but...well...mostly clean. There's some stuff on the floor and signs of panic but no blood or corpses. No people either though...

Grab one of those FoF markers and make sure it's on, then retrieve Roald's corpse and loot him clean.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
((I'm going to ASSUME someone hands one of those over since everyone seems to just be saying "I get one of these" without actually coordinating it with the people who have them. ))

Heather drag's Roald's corpse out and strips it clean (Add whatever he had to your inventory.)

Turn the FoF program back on and make sure its on, then while keepind my gun at the ready go and search the bodies at the entrance of lab 3 for anything good especially a red keycard.
[3]
Benny turns the FoF program on and proceeds to start rifling the pockets of the corpses in the turret room.

He discovers 2 more FoF transponders, a red keycard, a blue keycard, and pack of gum.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Give Clem back his Stuff (OMNITECH® Universal Containment Pod x 5 and OMNITECH® Null-Rod) Then go back to the laboratory.
Check if I have an FoF On before going near to any turret

[1]
Steve has neither a communicator or an FoF transponder so...he goes near no turrets.

I suspect Lab 3 will turn out to be the most lethal. Therefore I suggest we wait until everyone is ready, and move in as a complete team, instead of gunning about first come, first serve style as soon as the doors open.

I’m a bit confused as to how the FoF marker works (not that that’s out of character, mind you). I want to try to make sure I have done what I need to do to not get gunned down by OMNI turrets.
In the meantime, go help Rezel sweep the maintinence shaft. Shoot what needs shooting. If that turns out uneventful, and someone opens/enters Lab 2, follow them in after I’m done with maintenance, again shooting what needs to be shot.

There are two versions of the FoF marker right now. One is a physical marker that you can carry on you. The second is  a program that can be loaded up on a communicator and activated. Judging by your inventory you have neither. You also don't have the keycard needed to open that door, nor are you a tech or a janitor.

Can I (or rather, the sticky goop) help with the wounded?

If yes, do that.

If no, grab Roald's stuff and then drag the corpse out of the hallway. Then start lightly exploring lab 3, but don't stray too far yet, just check out the main hallway and such and scan to see if there's anything uncouth in the air (like more scissorheads! or swearwords!) or noteworthy things in the hall (like scary clawmarks on the walls or something).

"Hey Benny, could you cover me here while I scan? If there's any more of 'em out there I'd like to know, though with these turrets spraying hot lead love everywhere I kind of doubt it. Still, can't be too sure!"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Yagyu opens the far door of the Lab 3 antechamber and looks out into the first room of lab 3.  This room is t-shaped, with the widest part near the door. Around along the walls are small changing cubicles with what appear to be hazmat suits or something like them inside. Outside the room Yagyu can see at least three of those specimen tanks, however his attention is instead focused squarely on the thing in the center of the T shaped room.

The thing was human once, that much is clear. The hazmat suit it is wearing is mostly torn up and seems to have done the person little good. Something that looks like a cross between a maggot and an eel made entirely of exposed muscular tissue and the size of a large dog has burrowed straight into the person's side is is currently visibly squatting in their chest cavity and abdomen, only its back visible through the torn open skin. About a dozen tendrils, each thick as a human arm and 10 or so feet long, extend from the back. Some curve right back around and have wormed their way into the depths of the body, their path visible through hideously distended and bruised skin. One at least has burrowed up through the person's neck and pushed their skull open from the inside, the tip of it wriggling around like demonic cock's comb. The remaining tendrils have intertwined and basically replaced the person's left arm with a throbbing, writhing mass of raw flesh.

The thing, whatever it is, seems to notice Yagyu almost immediately, though the body's limp and twitching head makes no movement to face him. The giant tendril arm jerks backwards at an angle impossible for a human and there is an audible pop as the shoulder dislocates. And then the tendrils are extending towards Yagyu in an amazingly elastic way, stretching double or even triple their length.
[3v4][1v4]

The tendrils slam into Yagyu like a raw meat tsunami and instantly wrap around him before they retract like a rubber band. In the space of a second he is whipped forwards  towards the creature, bouncing off the floor,  and then hurled back towards the lab 3 airlock. He skids the roof, hits the upper part of the  first doorway and then cartwheels into the decontamination chamber, bouncing off the clear wall with a crunch and landing in a heap.  The maggot man thing lets out a sound like the yowl of a big cat and then bounds forward in a way that completely disregards the natural kinetics of the human body it is inhabiting, bones loudly snapping as it does so.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2019, 04:43:01 pm »

"HEY! ANYBODY WANT ME TO MAKE YOU SOME REPLACEMENT LIMBS? MEDICINE? DRUGS? A CAT? ANYTHING ORGANIC?"
Otherwise I'm just going to have some fun with this thing.

Hotfire90

« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2019, 04:45:56 pm »

Locate one of the security guards and proceed to follow them very closely.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #529 on: March 21, 2019, 04:49:49 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

check the paralized if the spider-thing is still nearby try to scare it via shooting at it from distance
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:17:53 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 21, 2019, 05:00:16 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Remain so utterly still so that the weird, bugcat-thing is unable to perceive me, and is forced to scuttle away to a new source of food.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:15 pm »

Grunt, hoot, and hollar till someone notices and tells me what to do
Spoiler: Who am I?! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:52:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2019, 06:11:45 pm »

“Benny, you think I could get one of the FoF things? And maybe I could have your spare blue keycard?”
If Benny agrees to let me have an FoF and a blue keycard, turn on the FoF and pocket the keycard. Then go shoot that spider thing what bit Kerberos. If I can’t help Kerberos due to lack of IC knowledge, then proceed through maintenance, assuming Benny gives me the blue keycard. Bring whoever want to tag along.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:28 pm »

"I'll go in first to make sure it's clear."

Raise my rifle then enter Lab 2, keeping an eye out for possible hostiles. If clear, loot the place after letting the others know it's clear.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2019, 06:59:22 pm »

If Kerberos is visible from the maintenance entrance, Rezel will shoot at the thing that hurt him.  From maximum distance, without getting closer.  Once it's dead, or seems dead, or Rezel can't tell, he will try and find something metal and elevated to stand on.

Otherwise, shout at Pathos to make a cat, preferably with a tuxedo fur pattern.  Then Rezel will follow the others into lab 2/the maintenance passage, covering them from behind.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2019, 08:02:27 pm »

Edward ducks as Yagyu crash lands near him, then he shivers as he hears the strange cat-like yowl of the maggot man over his terrible kazoo music.

Ed puts down his camera, then uses his computing cube to gently remind the autoturrets that whatever the hell that thing is doesn't have a FoF marker.
Then he closes the door, then he runs the hell away.

"Help! Lab 3! Need guns and doctors!" Ed yells over the comm network.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:46 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)

He watched as the line of no-insurance fools dwindled. Around 37 left, he asked the person keeping the line in check, "Hey, how much is it gonna cost for new guts?"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:06:35 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2019, 09:00:20 pm »

"Oh! Make a cat, would ya, Pathos! Could you make it six limbed and Sapient though?"
Continue decontamination. If I encounter the crab thing that attacked Kerberos, attempt to distract it with some viscera. Make a game of catch out of it. This is assuming I finish decontaminating Lab 1, or was close enough to the front of Lab 1 to see what was going on in the antechamber.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2019, 12:45:12 am »

"Hmm. Even for a man as intelligent as I am such large scale genetic alterations can't be easily completed in a couple of minutes. But they're not impossible either. How does 20 credits for a normal cat sound? And 50 if I manage to make it sentient?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2019, 02:17:16 am »

"HEURGHEN?! BLURGHEBAH!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 334