Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452254 times)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: An increasingly large pile of viscera
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2019, 12:34:04 am »

Spoiler: Dragon Ball J (click to show/hide)

How am I feeling? See if I can stand. Don't push things!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2019, 01:57:54 pm »

"Even the dekstops here are a mess. Come on people, make a decent folder structure."

Go through the random files, is there anything interesting here? If I don't find anything through searching, just open a random file and hope for the best.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 05, 2019, 11:53:46 am »

"Just letting ya know, but the turrets in lab 3 might be a little tiny bit compromised. They keep quoting Harlan Ellison to me." Ed comms over the comm network.

Edward cowers down in a corner and tries to edit his camcorder footage to make himself appear more competent and heroic, or at least less incompetent and cowardly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 06, 2019, 08:58:49 am »

Assess my mental and physical faculties. If I am decently combat ready, go help goop up the incoming monster, but be sure to not be on the frontlines, get behind one of the unharmed and armored people.

Also, did I get nothing from my looting attempt two turns ago?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2019, 03:21:57 pm »

"Oh, that's not good."

Raise my rifle and back away to the door into Lab 2, ready to close it if needed. If something hostile comes through the door, blast it with the rifle.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Jack carefully backs all the way up to the main door to lab 2. He then places his hand on the close button to the door before shouting some encouragement to the rest of the group. Its a bit underwhelming considering his position, peeking around the doorframe with his gun bobbing around as he semi-blind aims in the rough direction of the Admin door.

Go see whats going on in lab 2 if anything hostile appears shoot it, other wise loot some dead people.
Benny wanders straight into lab 2 and does a salute to everyone he sees. He then kicks over a desk..or at least tries to and finds it bolted to the floor. Hopping on one foot now, he takes cover behind the still upright desk and aims at the admin door.

Help prevent friendly incineration if it’s still needed. Afterwards/otherwise, run to lab 2 and help them with whatever comes through the admin door.
“You are officers of OMNItech. No matter what comes through those doors, you will stand your ground!”
Help prevent friendly incineration if it’s still needed. Afterwards/otherwise, run to lab 2 and help them with whatever comes through the admin door.
“You are officers of OMNItech. No matter what comes through those doors, you will stand your ground!”

Go over to the admin door area, and take cover behind this man, gun trained on the admin door.  Fill it with lead the moment it opens, and if after a couple seconds of that whatever was in there is still standing or otherwise intimidating, flee immediately.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Lance and Rezel come traipsing into lab 2 just in time to steal some glory...I mean aid their fellow teammates in the challenge ahead. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Well, this isn't exactly HMRC work either, but sadly you don't get hazard pay without being exposed to hazards. Stand off to the other side of the doorway from Rezel and his human shield, and prepare to foam up the entire doorway as soon as it opens.

Oh, and before the door is opened give Rezel a nudge and tell him not to fire unless whatever is knocking bursts out of the foam. If it's human, they'll be stuck in goo and probably fine. If it's not, then we need to shoot it and it'll be impeded by the foam.

Harry takes up position opposite to Lance and Rezel...no not standing IN the doorway, off to the side a bit. Thank you. 

"Hey, various trigger happy man-monkeys, can you do me a favor and not immediately open fire on whatever comes out of there? I'm gonna shoot my sticky white goo all over it first and you'll really interrupt my rhythm if you butt in and start busting loads all over it. Nothing against you guys or anything, I'm just not into that kind thing. Much love. "

Take a stimulant.  Then, turn on my Omni-light, as bright as it goes, and put it down facing the door from some distance.  Then stand to the side of the door, fifteen or so feet away from the direct line of fire.  Wait for the thing to break the door down, and then shoot it in the back of the head after it clears the doorway.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
Spuds takes a stimulant, screams, hits his helmet with his baton, screams again, and then bounces up and down a few times. That done he goes and sets his light down with a good view of the door and then waits. After a few minutes the upper half of the door screeches and bends outward under the weight of a particularly good blow  and the creature within starts to come out. 

Its an ape, an Orangutan by the look of it, albeit with silvery white hair instead of orange and roughly twice the size.  Its two long limbs extend out, grasp the upper part of the bent out doorway and start pulling itself out. As it does, everyone notices the rather obvious mechanical implants studded through it, including some sort of brain interface crown and strength enhancing exoframe. It sticks its head out and lets out an oddly muted screech which is mostly drowned out by a robotic voice with a thick British English accent that seems to be coming from the crown.

"BY JOVE! WHAT HO!  I SAY! ITS A RIGHT FRIGHT IN THERE! MRS MARY HAS GONE OFF HER ROCKER! SHE'S UTTERLY MAD I SAY!"

He gets this far before he gets a face full of sticky goo.

"I've never done this to a monkey before!"  Harry says, voice distressingly husky.

"Ape, actually." Spuds says, "Also why?"

"I consider it a challenge. They said I couldn't do it..."

"Who? Who ever said you couldn't do this."

"They called me mad!"

"I'm inclined to agree."

"BUT WHO IS MAD NOW?! I'VE SUCCESSFULLY CREAMED THIS MONKEY IN FRONT OF ALL THESE WITNESSES!"

"Magical.  Moving on."

"Hey, stop disposing of teammates before I've verified whether they're dead or not."

Rescue Kerberos from getting disposed of. Verify whether he's dead or not and then administer appropriate treatment.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
"Hey, stop disposing of teammates before I've verified whether they're dead or not."
"I already poked him. Pretty sure he's dead. lookit 'im, just lying there all corpsy and all."
((And once again an attempt to perform a barely-justified teamkilling in MOOK is thwarted...))

Continue disposing of Kerberos until/unless Kerberos is rescued from my hands. After that, incinerate other corpses in the anteroom area.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Heather slaps John away with various scolds of "Get!" and "No, bad janitor!" and "Shoo! SHOO!" before pulling Kerberos -now lacking feet- from the incinerator.

John scampers away and sulks in a corner, idly tossing corpse chunks into the incincerator with loud and obvious sighs.

Fix me or don't, I don't particularly care either way.

-500 Omni

Clem gets...itself a nice new...entire lower body! Luckily it has a built in incinerator to handle waste disposal. Better than the first iteration of the entire lower body prostetic that had a big cholostomy bag trailing behind it.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Search for a FoF identifier maybe my companions left something unlooted around.
Hmm.
[4]
Steve gets the FoF program running on his computing cube. It should work fine for work as an FoF transponder however he's not entirely sure HOW he got it to work so if he tries to use the cube for any other function, it will stop the program.

Wander out with the bag of shinies and check out what the noise is
Spoiler: Wha!? (click to show/hide)

??? wanders into a room with some kind of human standing over another kind of human, but this last kind of human seems to have no feet. How inefficent for a human. Maybe ??? can replace that human's lack of feet with door knobs.

"Hah! I can't believe the people who designed this template are such idiots. You don't print a living creature while it's conscious. That probably causes unbearable pain or something similar."

Has printing finished? Why the hell is it making noises if the printing isn't finished? If it's not too late, add some anesthetic to the creature being printed so that it becomes unconscious.

Otherwise... I dunno. See if there's any window I can check to see what misshapen monstrosity I've created and then... Call for a janitor to dispose of it, I guess?

Pathos walks over to the printer and knocks on the opaque glass outer wall.

"Hey, you done in there?"

A massive paw, apparently made of about 80% flesh and 20% fabric, smashes out through the glass and clamps itself down onto Pathos' face.

*Muffled* "Well, we always knew this was gonna happen sooner or later" Pathos says before being yanked forwards.
[3]
He manages to get his hands, and feet, out to either side and brace himself against the window and the machine itself, preventing him from being yanked into the steaming, still running, organic printer.

How am I feeling? See if I can stand. Don't push things!
"Can I stand?" Jengo wonders to himself.

He then looks over and sees a giant hand grab pathos by the head and try to drag the tech into a running organic printer. He blinks.

"Yeah, I think I can stand."

He immediately starts scrambling for the exit.

"Even the dekstops here are a mess. Come on people, make a decent folder structure."

Go through the random files, is there anything interesting here? If I don't find anything through searching, just open a random file and hope for the best.

[4]
Edd runs through files quickly, reading and looking over everything he can. Lots of technical stuff about prostetics, lots of stuff about ordering, animal subjects, brainwave interpretation, Graft vs host work arounds, several unopened ethics committee emails, and a handful of poorly scanned garfield comic strips.  Most interestingly is an apparent prototype prostetic vending machine in the admin section.  Edd attempts to copy all this into the USB memory stick but accidently deletes it instead. Then erases the backup, then empties the recycle bin.  And formats the hard drive.

And spills mountain dew onto the keyboard.

"Just letting ya know, but the turrets in lab 3 might be a little tiny bit compromised. They keep quoting Harlan Ellison to me." Ed comms over the comm network.

Edward cowers down in a corner and tries to edit his camcorder footage to make himself appear more competent and heroic, or at least less incompetent and cowardly.

[1]
Ed accidently dubs a combination of his own girly screams and a bunch of audio clips explaining his personal and sexual inadequacies over the video.

Assess my mental and physical faculties. If I am decently combat ready, go help goop up the incoming monster, but be sure to not be on the frontlines, get behind one of the unharmed and armored people.

Also, did I get nothing from my looting attempt two turns ago?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu does a quick self assessement. His mind appears to be fine...a little fuzzy on all this morphine but probably pretty puppies are warm and nice...fine. The leg is gonna slow him down but he assumes he can just stand and shoot and make a mad hobble if he has to.  He gets up and hobbles over to lab 2, though he only gets there in time to hear that last bit about shooting goo on a monkey.

"HEY! I TOLD HIM HE COULDN'T DO THAT!"

[3]
You got a pack of gum, a wallet with an omni-card and some children's photos, and a condom that seems to have been punctured by a bullet.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ape escape?
« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2019, 03:27:42 pm »

"Uh, hello? Are you friendly?"

Speak to the ape, but keep my gun aimed for now.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:44:16 am by Tavik Toth »

Hotfire90

« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2019, 06:18:34 pm »

Check for vital signs, if he's alive, disinfect and bandage what remains of his feet and then transport him to the infirmary.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2019, 06:36:43 pm »

Oh son of a... I guess I have to try to save you, huh? I'm going to keep my distance still but shoot at the big hand and NOT Pathos do not shoot Pathos shoot the hand instead. Run, buddy! If something starts to come OUT of the thing, though... Run like hell! But keep shooting it also.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2019, 08:23:11 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Piecewise I just want you to know that I hate you so much right now.

"None of that talking was me, it's all the disembodied narrator's fault."

Harry shakes his head to readjust his brain and deletes the last few seconds of awkward from memory. Then prepares to hit the primate with more FOAM if necessary.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #594 on: April 08, 2019, 05:43:35 am »

Wander off to find Pathos and see how my kitty printing request is coming along. If I witness the current struggle, saunter over and spray some cream cheese into the printer for the kittything. If that doesn't calm it down, poke it idly with my automop.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #595 on: April 08, 2019, 06:06:24 am »

"Nothing to worry about. This is basic cat behavior. When you knock on the side of a box they always strike the offender with their paw. I just didn't expect this box to be so weak."

The solution to this problem is obvious. Remove my spacesuit's helmet. Let the cat have it. Better than it having my head.

Preferably do so before an overzealous teammate shoots me in the head or shoves me in an incinerator.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:09:27 am by Parisbre56 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #596 on: April 08, 2019, 11:02:59 am »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Go with the guys pass the turrets is not like I have something to do here.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 08, 2019, 12:02:56 pm »

(I’m going to assume Benny’s offer is still on the table and add the FoF market to my inventory)
Stand by, confused, but ready to respond to any threat that makes itself evident.

”Are orarangutans a thing around here?”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 08, 2019, 08:42:40 pm »

Scream like a small girl and fill the orangutan with bullets.  Run away if it doesn't stop moving.

"Not agaaaaain!"

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 09, 2019, 03:27:28 pm »

Well, shit. Does it the terminal boot at all anymore? If not, incinerate all the hardware to hide my mountain dew soaked fuckup.
Then find another computer I can access to check out the contents of the USB stick in my inventory that I picked up earlier.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 334