Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451730 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 03:48:54 pm »

Sit on the metal crate and wait for the next teleportation.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2019, 03:50:22 pm »

Stand off to the side of Dave, keeping the 'foam gun' at the ready (try not to stand in anyone's line of fire, and if possible keep my back towards the room's exit). If the mouse attacks him or otherwise poses a threat, immediately try to stick it to the floor (preferably without hitting Dave or any other teammate/ally!)

If possible, ask the good doctor a list of the creatures they are planning to send through, as well as if they know about any variance in the position of teleported subjects in addition to the time variance we just witnessed. Also ask them to delay the sending of the next sample until this one is well and fully processed. 

"Ok then Harry, if you grab it, I'll keep the foam ready in case it gets any funny ideas.

Oh, and by the way fellas, apparently that fancy timer they have is more a suggestion than an actual countdown, so be ready for possible unexpected teleportation events."

Spoiler: Jion Maupin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:10:55 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2019, 03:55:10 pm »

"I'm just going to let Dave the medic get the mouse and give it to the scientists. If it turns out to be radioactive, arcane, or dangerous in any other way, foam first and ask questions after nobody's in danger of death or dismemberment."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2019, 04:03:00 pm »

"Works for me. We probably want to use our scanners to do a quick genetic and general biochemistry check before we hand it over and let them start the next transmission though, in case there are any delayed effects. You know how to do that using the scanner?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2019, 04:03:14 pm »

Use my OMNITECH Contract Notebook's Omnilawayer Suite to make up the papers for the inevitable `Excessive Use of Force on Potential Future Samples of Omnitech`. Lawsuit.
Also a waiver for disassociating Omnitech and it's PR employees from any backlash caused by `Un-associated Companies' Products & Promised Samples.`

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:07:29 pm by TricMagic »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2019, 04:10:35 pm »

"Guess we'll alternate.  I'll pull the next one."

Remain ready.  Keep looking at the teleporter while the mates pick up the mouse.. there might be more on the way already.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:27:49 pm by Devastator »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2019, 04:11:20 pm »

((But all of this is taking place between two OMNITECH installations from the sound of it, thus the "future OMNITECH" stuff is wrong? And there's no need to prepare to sue us for being prepared for unpredictable mutations and whatnot caused by an unstable teleportation system? And that if we do need to use force you'll probably need the lawyer to summon up copies of our signed Security Team responsibility waivers, i.e. the things we signed saying that we don't blame OMNITECH for the terrible situations into which they will [and have] unapologetically throw[n] us.

Not that I necessarily disagree with having a convenient piece of administrative bullet-bait on our team, but really, none of those documents are helpful in the slightest. Maybe ask the autolawyer to provide us with a form detailing EXACTLY how we may be harmed during the teleportation sequence, so that we know how to avoid being harmed during the inevitable teleportation mishap?))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:43:10 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2019, 04:32:23 pm »

Clem shrugs and pushes past anyone trying to contain the specimen using improper procedure such as "bare hands".

What risk factors are associated with data loss in transferral of living organisms?

Once the tube is open, contain the sample using an OMNITECH® Universal Containment Pod. If an employee manages to rush to the tube before me and grasp the specimen without any protection or containment, clasp the OMNITECH® Universal Containment Pod down on the sample while it remains in the employee's hands, and subsequently strike the employee in the head with my OMNITECH® Null-Rod.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »

((In what universe is "not waiting for the professionals to scan the potentially-dangerous rodent" a good idea? And why is the occult guy getting involved anyway, if there's issues with teleportation it probably won't be occult-related...not yet anyway. This will probably be a perfectly safe rodent to convince us that teleportation's fine before we get hit with a mutated polar bear or something next time.

Anyway, at the very least WAIT for the scanner guys to do their job before rushing the stupid mouse, and CERTAINLY don't do anything as suicidally insane as striking the guy holding the mouse.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:43:03 pm by Madman198237 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2019, 04:41:21 pm »

((I get that people may or may not be making bad decisions here, but let's all stay calm. ER wasn't called 'idiots in space' for nothing. In fact, being idiots was what made it fun. Also, please put OOC between double brackets. Makes it easier to differentiate between ooc and general rp stuff))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2019, 04:42:49 pm »

((I assumed we were going to stick with the convention of "bold text is actions, colored text is speech" and thus everything else is OOC in some way. But fair enough.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2019, 04:59:34 pm »

((For reference, that's cause It will also backdate the relevant sections as not acting in the employ of Omnitech, hence the legal talk.. Also, it's not a divination machine, just a auto-filer.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2019, 05:09:16 pm »

((In what universe is "not waiting for the professionals to scan the potentially-dangerous rodent" a good idea? And why is the occult guy getting involved anyway, if there's issues with teleportation it probably won't be occult-related...not yet anyway. This will probably be a perfectly safe rodent to convince us that teleportation's fine before we get hit with a mutated polar bear or something next time.

Anyway, at the very least WAIT for the scanner guys to do their job before rushing the stupid mouse, and CERTAINLY don't do anything as suicidally insane as striking the guy holding the mouse.))

((You clearly did not read my action.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »

"Ooh, brownies! Gimme one, eh?"

Assist Pathos in brownie consumption. Root through refrigerator for additional snacks. Incinerate anything unappetizing.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2019, 05:17:25 pm »

"Hm? Sure, sure."

While absent-mindedly munching on one of the 'free' muffins, try to remotely connect to any recording devices or other sensors in the lab.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:48:48 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 334