Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451974 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Animal Cruelty
« Reply #645 on: April 23, 2019, 11:18:40 am »

Keep watch from the torn open door. If something hostile comes out of the room the others went in, shoot it.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:28 pm »

Edd freezes for second, then tries to keep the grabbed arm very still while keeping his incinerator at the ready.

"Ooooooohkaaaaay. Nice whateverisgrabbingmywrist. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not Dangerous. I'm just gonna slowly pull my arm out of this drawer in a second. Please don't start eating me."

Step 1: Slowly, carefully, nonthreateningly start pulling my arm out of the drawer
Step 2: Once I get visual on what it is that grabbed my arm, try to identify it

Step X, which overrides all other steps: If the thing suddenly starts attacking my arm or other parts, attempt to get it off.
Step X-2: If no amount fo flailing, slamming against hard surfaces or other cajoling manages to get the attacking thing off, attempt to suck it up with my incinerator backpack nozzle

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #647 on: April 24, 2019, 07:14:43 am »

"Here, kitty kitty kitty. Puss puss puss. cat cat cat. puss puss."

Toss some random shinies toward the catthing. Maybe aim at the wall a short distance from it's head.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #648 on: April 24, 2019, 07:02:49 pm »

Dial myself, crank the volume of my communicator to full and use the feedback screech to scare the cat away.

If I can't do that, just... Do what I can and hope things work out, I guess.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #649 on: April 25, 2019, 02:22:33 pm »

File a complaint against the mystery man for assaulting a medic in the middle of a medical operation, then head towards Lab 2.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Considering the paperwork nightmare that is required to file a complaint about assault with home goods, Heather just writes "ASSHOLE" on a sticky note and slaps it onto the Mystery Man's forehead.  She then heads back and makes it to lab 2.

"That guy."  Point at twitchy.  "Reggie going to live, doc?"

Offload the ape and then proceed back to the mission area.  Pick up as many wayward players as possible on the way back.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
The doctors say they will do their best.

Spuds leaves the ape for the doctors before heading back to the mission area, dragging the mystery man with him.

Rezel quietly giggles when Spuds points at him, his eyes flicking from side to side frantically in search of an escape.  When he finds none, he immediately sets to making excuses "At least I didn't kill him!  If he didn't want to get shot he shouldn't have been a giant screaming ape ripping open big metal doors in a lab that's full of corpses and monsters and literally Hell!  When security comes, you stand back and put your hands up, you don't come charging at us while yelling!  Especially not if you're a giant monkey!"

Make a bunch of excuses, then hastily follow Spuds back out before anyone can poke any holes in said excuses.  Firmly ignore Spuds if he's the one to poke the holes.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel makes several expressive gestures, shouts something about the reasonably of homicide, then runs away from the dirty looks of the doctors. He follows Spuds back to the labs.

Edd freezes for second, then tries to keep the grabbed arm very still while keeping his incinerator at the ready.

"Ooooooohkaaaaay. Nice whateverisgrabbingmywrist. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not Dangerous. I'm just gonna slowly pull my arm out of this drawer in a second. Please don't start eating me."

Step 1: Slowly, carefully, nonthreateningly start pulling my arm out of the drawer
Step 2: Once I get visual on what it is that grabbed my arm, try to identify it

Step X, which overrides all other steps: If the thing suddenly starts attacking my arm or other parts, attempt to get it off.
Step X-2: If no amount fo flailing, slamming against hard surfaces or other cajoling manages to get the attacking thing off, attempt to suck it up with my incinerator backpack nozzle

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

You slowly withdraw your arm and find...a prosthetic limb holding your wrist.

Well...that's not too bad.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

She is obviously possessed let an occult guy  deal with this while keeping away.
Wait we don't have Occult guys? Let security shoot her then.

"She's probably filled with alien or demon babies, best put her down."
Shoot the woman in the head everything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I really do wish there was something I could do, but this is above my pay grade.”
Circle around and make sure nothing nasty is hiding somewhere else in the room. If anything seems hostile, liberate its insides from its outside via machine gun.
Hold Benny's gun to keep him from firing, because I'm totally with that group.
Also observe the room with my metal eyes and occult expertise.

Clem points angrily back towards the main room, which contains a perfectly functional decontamination machine that they may as well use to kill the crazy woman, rather than shoot her and probably let something dreadful out in the process.
"M̨͈̬͈̺̭̘̝m̘͉̩͎̳͕̝̀p͡h̟͔̪̼!̷͓͉͇̯͕̠̪"

Keep watch from the torn open door. If something hostile comes out of the room the others went in, shoot it.

Steve hangs back and Lance moves in, circling around the room and keeping an eye open for any sort of dangerous or odd things. He finds one about halfway around the room; it looks almost like a glass orb thats been smashed. It has a very organic look to it, like natural volcanic glass or something along those lines. The ground near it is scorched as well.

Benny immediately raises his gun to put a decisive end to the lady but Clem, now half the...whatever...it used to be, slaps the gun up and makes a strange, impatient noise at Benny. [8] Clem stares at the lady for several seconds. Clem then suddenly scrabbles forward on its robotic legs, clearly not quite use to them yet, and then points at the broken ball that Lance found. Clem points first to the ball then to the lady before attempting to make what looks like a scary pac-man shadow puppets. This is followed by hand gestures for handcuffs and what is either a goo sprayer or a flame thrower. Clem finishes by pointing at the gun Benny is clearly itching to use and making a cross with its arms and shaking its head no.

Spoiler: JENGO (click to show/hide)

Uh... Bullets no working... Uh... Scramble over there and grab it by the tail-thing that links it to the printer! If it has a greater reaction to that, start ripping it up and shooting it and stuff. If it doesn't seem to care, use it to try to pull the thing off Pathos so he can get away.

"Geddouttadere!!!" 
[2]
Jengo scrambles off the ground and runs forward, grabbing the cat thing by the trailing spinal cord and trying to yank it backwards off of Pathos. The creature definately notices his efforts but it has surprising strength for a half formed abomination and drags Jengo along behind it. He leans against the pull but his boots slide along the ground with a very unpleasant squeaking noise.

"Here, kitty kitty kitty. Puss puss puss. cat cat cat. puss puss."

Toss some random shinies toward the catthing. Maybe aim at the wall a short distance from it's head.

[11]
Jon search around for a moment before finding what looks like a jar of glitter in one of the undamaged cabinets. The label says "Thermal insulation particulate" but whatever, its sparkly.
[3]
He unscrews the top and tosses it over the cat thing and into the far wall. As the bottle flies it disgorges a massive cloud of glittering fragments so small and light that they seem to practically hang in mid air like food coloring in water, drifting in slow patterns. The stuff completely coats the cat thing and rears back, gnashing its mishappen mouth  at the stuff in apparent confusion.

Dial myself, crank the volume of my communicator to full and use the feedback screech to scare the cat away.

If I can't do that, just... Do what I can and hope things work out, I guess.

[2][3]
Pathos isn't fast enough (Mentally or physically apparently) to take advantage of Jon's distraction and his attempt to scare the creature off doesn't even seem to register. Mostly because the communicator just gives a busy signal when he calls himself.

Return to the lab we were investigating.

If I come across the misprinted cat situation, try to glue it to the floor with sticky goop. If it's still on top of a teammate, try to carefully goop just the cat then (sticking its limbs together).

If not, then sticky any hostiles in that room, or just scan the corpses of what remains (don't getg close though if not 100% sure it is down and out).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[1]
Yagyu runs into the room, sees the situation, immediately fumbles with his sprayer and proceeds to fire a big glob directly onto his feet. He pitches forward with a swear as his feet are immediately glued to the ground, but only gets so far as an extreme "Smooth Criminal" lean before he rebounds backwards and ends up on his back with his feet still firmly stuck to the ground.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

200 for a new pair of feet? Screw that noise.

Try to haggle down the price to 175, and if I don't succeed, ask if there are any cheaper alternatives I can buy.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #651 on: April 25, 2019, 08:53:34 pm »

Lightly poke the crystal ball with the null-rod. If it doesn't react badly to movement, use the rod to scrape what's left of it into a containment pod.

Clem makes a 🤔 face, trying to think of a safe way to resolve the situation. Reviewing the available assets... ah, heck with it.

Motion to Benny, Lance, and Jack, mime a baton, and point at the poor losing-it civvie. Hopefully they'll get the message and work together.

Edit: Okay, only one of these idiots are going in, that means I'm going to back the fuck up out of the room because a single mook approaching an anomaly alone does NOT have a good ending.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:13:40 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2019, 09:07:53 pm »

"Come on, Puss. Here, Puss Puss. Let's get you to medical, little buddy. They fixed Clem, they can fix you, alright? If this place weren't such a shambles, we could probably get you fitted with some nice prosthetics here instead, but the doctors will take good care of you. Come on, Puss, here, Puss Puss."

Wave my mop around a bit to get the Cat's attention. Try to lead it toward the exit and off to medical, If I can somehow get it through the airlock.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:50:46 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 26, 2019, 02:18:49 am »

Try to glue the cat to the floor with sticky goop, again. If it's still on top of a teammate, try to carefully goop just the cat then (sticking its limbs together).

Then try to extricate myself from the goop. Does this knock-off come with a bottle of dissolving agent like the OG product, or is it inferior in that regard as well? If so, just try to wiggle out of it, maybe with help from a teammate.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:24:24 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #654 on: April 26, 2019, 05:26:58 am »

"You know, instead of trying to overpower Cheshyre you could just pour that bottle of alcohol I tossed earlier on it."

Consider how long until this bloody cat bleeds out enough to become weaker and more manageable. It's been shot and missing half its body, it's bound to start feeling the effects of it eventually.

Anyway, like that motivational picture used to say: hang in there and keep trying to survive/run away.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 26, 2019, 06:07:52 am »

"So I'm not allowed to shoot her but I'm allowed to hit her with a stick, okay whatever you say."
Smack the woman with my baton until she's unconscious.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 26, 2019, 09:04:21 am »

Spoiler: JENGO (click to show/hide)

Plant my feet, grit my teeth, and let out a hearty War Yell! Wrangle this rascal! Maybe shoot him a bit too if I can manage.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #657 on: April 26, 2019, 01:49:20 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Thing came from glass sphere and possessed her Got it.
Keep staying back also stop any idiot that tries to drag her to the decontamination machine, pretty sure you have to go through the turrets to access it and we don't know if the woman has an FoF thingy.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 26, 2019, 02:09:17 pm »

Guard this door like it has never been guarded before.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 26, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »

(Mystery man is syv's character, Rezel.)

(Also, decontamination machine is out of order.)

Go to the person calling for help, and help subdue the posessed woman.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:53:17 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 334