Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 450273 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: Animal Cruelty
« Reply #660 on: April 26, 2019, 07:19:11 pm »

(Mystery man is actually Spazyak's character)

Follow one of the groups, shoot things that need to be shot, heal things that need to be healed.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 26, 2019, 08:35:09 pm »

(Well, I wasn't blaming Spaz's character for it.  I was blaming syv's character, the one who did it right next to me.)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 26, 2019, 11:57:56 pm »

Since subduing the target seems to be the current goal, and I traded my baton for an axe, I’ll let my fellow security guard handle this. I will, however, be on standby to fill things with high velocity lead in case of hostilities.
Go hand-to-hand if the first guy has difficulty subueing the target. Unless “difficulty” involves body horror or eldritch nastiness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:49:03 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2019, 02:35:55 pm »

"Huh, this seems allright. Guess I won't have to stick my hand into my incinerator after all."

Check the prostethic grabbing my arm. Is there anything special about it? Any writing or something?
Anyway, gently try and get it to let go of me. If succesful, into my inventory it goes.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2019, 02:45:34 pm »

Wander off in look of shinies
Spoiler: Her Hegh (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 29, 2019, 02:34:43 am »

Stick with Spuds, specifically behind Spuds.  Shoot any dangerous things seen, which aren't likely to cause even more danger upon being shot, like Spuds.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:00 pm »

(bump)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 06, 2019, 09:07:04 pm »

(Be patient, PW is dealing with finals IIRC)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 07, 2019, 11:05:03 am »

(he said to bump the games that need updated on the discord.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 07, 2019, 11:10:55 am »

(Oh, my bad)
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #670 on: May 07, 2019, 12:03:44 pm »

I RETURN FROM THE DARK DEPTHS OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS TO ONCE AGAIN HARASS A NAMELESS NARRATOR!

Oh and I'm officially retconning the security members to all start with a pair of handcuffs because it seems reasonable.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

200 for a new pair of feet? Screw that noise.

Try to haggle down the price to 175, and if I don't succeed, ask if there are any cheaper alternatives I can buy.
They offer a 160 Omni model that doesn't have any toes. Just like...solid feet. They'll work alright but they might be less dexterous in certain situations.

"Huh, this seems allright. Guess I won't have to stick my hand into my incinerator after all."

Check the prostethic grabbing my arm. Is there anything special about it? Any writing or something?
Anyway, gently try and get it to let go of me. If succesful, into my inventory it goes.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
There's writing or anything on it but there are what appear to be several small dome cameras studded along the length of the thing in strategic places like the palm and the elbow. Edd pulls on it and it doesn't let go. "Please let go of me" he says in mild annoyance, still pulling and to his surprise it does. Huh. He sticks it in his bag.

Wander off in look of shinies
Spoiler: Her Hegh (click to show/hide)
????? Wanders off down the hall away from the infirmary, in spite of protests from the staff. He finds a blown open supply closest and starts building a nest out of Brillo pads.

Lightly poke the crystal ball with the null-rod. If it doesn't react badly to movement, use the rod to scrape what's left of it into a containment pod.

Clem makes a 🤔 face, trying to think of a safe way to resolve the situation. Reviewing the available assets... ah, heck with it.

Motion to Benny, Lance, and Jack, mime a baton, and point at the poor losing-it civvie. Hopefully they'll get the message and work together.

Edit: Okay, only one of these idiots are going in, that means I'm going to back the fuck up out of the room because a single mook approaching an anomaly alone does NOT have a good ending.

"So I'm not allowed to shoot her but I'm allowed to hit her with a stick, okay whatever you say."
Smack the woman with my baton until she's unconscious.
Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Thing came from glass sphere and possessed her Got it.
Keep staying back also stop any idiot that tries to drag her to the decontamination machine, pretty sure you have to go through the turrets to access it and we don't know if the woman has an FoF thingy.

(Mystery man is syv's character, Rezel.)

(Also, decontamination machine is out of order.)

Go to the person calling for help, and help subdue the posessed woman.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
Since subduing the target seems to be the current goal, and I traded my baton for an axe, I’ll let my fellow security guard handle this. I will, however, be on standby to fill things with high velocity lead in case of hostilities.
Go hand-to-hand if the first guy has difficulty subueing the target. Unless “difficulty” involves body horror or eldritch nastiness.
Stick with Spuds, specifically behind Spuds.  Shoot any dangerous things seen, which aren't likely to cause even more danger upon being shot, like Spuds.

Guard this door like it has never been guarded before.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Clem pokes at the remains of the crystal ball and then, once it has been assertained that the remains won't explode or complain, Clem sweeps them into a containment pod.  That done, Clem points to the growing cluster of security men and them mimes beating down the woman. As they move in, Clem scampers out of the room, holding the containment pod to its chest.
[5][4]
After a few seconds of thudding Clem pokes its head back into the room and sees the cluster of security men dragging the unconcious and handcuffed woman up onto her feet. Huh, that went better than expected. Now then....It would be best to get her to a containment chamber outside the lab before things progressed.

"Come on, Puss. Here, Puss Puss. Let's get you to medical, little buddy. They fixed Clem, they can fix you, alright? If this place weren't such a shambles, we could probably get you fitted with some nice prosthetics here instead, but the doctors will take good care of you. Come on, Puss, here, Puss Puss."

Wave my mop around a bit to get the Cat's attention. Try to lead it toward the exit and off to medical, If I can somehow get it through the airlock.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4]
Jon wanders over and starts waving his mop around near the Cat thing's head. While  it doesn't induce some sort of hypnotic trance it does seem to distract the creature for the moment.

Try to glue the cat to the floor with sticky goop, again. If it's still on top of a teammate, try to carefully goop just the cat then (sticking its limbs together).

Then try to extricate myself from the goop. Does this knock-off come with a bottle of dissolving agent like the OG product, or is it inferior in that regard as well? If so, just try to wiggle out of it, maybe with help from a teammate.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[2] [2] Use die down by 1 level to d6.
Yagyu fires a spurt of goo onto the ceiling and then attempts to extract his feet. There is no included disolving goo but the end of the gun has a little chisel tip to break the stuff. [2] He hacks at the solid lump around his feet, knocking off a few pieces but not getting far.

"You know, instead of trying to overpower Cheshyre you could just pour that bottle of alcohol I tossed earlier on it."

Consider how long until this bloody cat bleeds out enough to become weaker and more manageable. It's been shot and missing half its body, it's bound to start feeling the effects of it eventually.

Anyway, like that motivational picture used to say: hang in there and keep trying to survive/run away.

[4]
Pathos considers the cat thing and the nature of its existance. It probably won't live long as is but its also made out of 50% fabric so maybe attempting to judge it by the standards of your average creature is a mistake. It will probably survive long enough to bite his face off at least.  Fire would probably work quite well on it.

Spoiler: JENGO (click to show/hide)

Plant my feet, grit my teeth, and let out a hearty War Yell! Wrangle this rascal! Maybe shoot him a bit too if I can manage.
[1]
Jengo plants his feet, twists his ankle, and goes down with a shout. Not a shout of pain, more a shout of utter annoyance at the comedy of errors his life has become.
[6]
Luckily he isn't injured by his fumble, in fact it makes him stronger through sheer anger if anything.

(Mystery man is actually Spazyak's character)

Follow one of the groups, shoot things that need to be shot, heal things that need to be healed.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
[5][4][4]
Heather walks into the room with the ongoing cat-astrophy and calmly considers the situation.  After a moment's consideration she walks over to the distracted cat and proceeds to shoot it square in the head several times. The creature collapses with a sound like a punctured bagpipe deflating.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 07, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »

Spoiler: JENGO (click to show/hide)

Clutch at my ankle and curse god. Then thank god for not killing me yet.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:28:45 pm by SamSpeeds »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #672 on: May 07, 2019, 05:20:41 pm »

Pathos got up, shrugged and adjusted his disposable spacesuit.
"What a shame. It was a good cat. What a rotten way to die."
He wiped the blood on his hand on the cleaner part of the cat's fabric before returning his attention to the machine.

Make sure the printer has stopped printing. See if it can still print stuff, perhaps with the help of a bit of cleanup from my janitor friend. Try to print some compound that will dissolve the goop, if that's possible.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:25:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 07, 2019, 07:54:21 pm »

Haul the current threat, possessed woman, out of the area and into containment.

"Okay, what else is left?"

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:41:40 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 07, 2019, 11:37:25 pm »

((Yay, Dubs isn't dead!  It was just a temporary case of school!))

Stick with Spuds, but also handcuff the woman's feet if they weren't already handcuffed.  Just in case.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 334