Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441857 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Thievery Cascade.
« Reply #705 on: May 14, 2019, 02:35:03 pm »

((Hey everyone, make sure you have an FoF marker before trying to enter lab 3))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:37 am »

((Hey, someone remind me, didn’t the behavior of the turrets of lab 3 get changed due to someone’s roll? Or am I misremembering?

EDIT: this might be what I'm remembering.))
Ed jogs off all the way to lab one, waves to the man who is on the floor muttering something about "Nail guns", and plugs in from there.
[1]
Uh....well the turrets aren't under Ed's control. Whose control they're under is hard to say because Ed can't access them any more. Every time he tries the limited AI of the guns just quotes Harlen Ellison at him.

Make sure that FoF identifier is on, and that I'm not in the turret line of fire when the doors open just in case (if we indeed move on this turn).

Other than that, goop baddies always.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:35:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 16, 2019, 08:47:34 am »

Rezel will also make sure he is also not in the line of fire, even if that requires being in an adjacent room listening carefully for the screams to stop.

Edit:Rezel will scream and flail when Spuds tries to grab him, but if he can't get free he'll just try to curl up very small while crying.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 16, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »

As I'm the one with the black keycard, (as per Steve's order to give it to me,) open the door, grab Rezel, and carry him between me and the turrets as I enter.  He has a FoF thingy, and should start pulling his weight, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #709 on: May 21, 2019, 11:27:30 am »

Go clear out the corpses and corpse bits from the rooms. Diligently exaggerate the amount of time and effort this takes. Loot all items of interest off the corpses before incinerating them and mopping up their blood. File the items by category: snack, valuable, curiosity, blackmail.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[11]
John burns up a large number of corpses and corpse sections and corpse fragments and corpse paraphernalia. He finds a variety of things including
Snacks:
"Chewy" bar
OMNI-Munch bar
OMNIGUM

Valuable:
Gold ring
Silver Necklace
OMNI currency card

Curiosity:
Stress ball
Small bag of what look like mouse bones
business card for something called "OMNI-FLESH Bar"

Blackmail:
Nothing.

((Heh. I love it!))

Have a look at the vending machine options.

Then combine that plastic bottle of alcohol I dropped on the floor earlier with some glass beaker or something and a piece of cloth to make a firebomb.

The vending machine options are labeled but have no listed price.

Code: [Select]
Bionic grapple arm
Taser Grip
Deadman bomb
Personal Shield generator
Monofilament wires and anti-cut limb coating
Lie Detector
Voice manipulator
Danger Sensor
Injector Fangs
Concealed Antibio razor
Wide band motion sensor
Brain backup
[2]
Attempts to create a firebomb are foiled by a twist off cap and Pathos' apparent lack of knowledge that its "Lefty Loosey" not "Righty Open right away"

As I'm the one with the black keycard, (as per Steve's order to give it to me,) open the door, grab Rezel, and carry him between me and the turrets as I enter.  He has a FoF thingy, and should start pulling his weight, right?

Rezel will also make sure he is also not in the line of fire, even if that requires being in an adjacent room listening carefully for the screams to stop.

Edit:Rezel will scream and flail when Spuds tries to grab him, but if he can't get free he'll just try to curl up very small while crying.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
((Hey, someone remind me, didn’t the behavior of the turrets of lab 3 get changed due to someone’s roll? Or am I misremembering?

EDIT: this might be what I'm remembering.))
Ed jogs off all the way to lab one, waves to the man who is on the floor muttering something about "Nail guns", and plugs in from there.
[1]
Uh....well the turrets aren't under Ed's control. Whose control they're under is hard to say because Ed can't access them any more. Every time he tries the limited AI of the guns just quotes Harlen Ellison at him.

Make sure that FoF identifier is on, and that I'm not in the turret line of fire when the doors open just in case (if we indeed move on this turn).

Other than that, goop baddies always.

Spasm out a bit from the shocking before getting back up. Then go join the others at Lab 3, making sure to stay in the back with my rifle ready. Oh, and get a FoF marker and turn it on..

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Enter Lab 3.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Give the black keycard to whoever idiot that wants to open doors then go to the back of the group that is planning to go to the unexplored parts of lab 3.

[/quote]
Go meetup with everyone else at lab 3 and shoot the things that need to be shot.
Enter lab 3 and shoot anything ugly.
The doors to lab 3 are reopened. The corridor looks much the same as before, corpses and blood and the dull humming of the concealed turrets. However that dull humming is occasionally interupted by a synthesized voice grumbling and muttering about how much it hates living things.  On a hunch Spuds grabs Rezel by the collar and shoves him out into the room before immediately jerking him back out. Despite Rezel's FOF marker the turrets spray a short burst of rounds into the air that Rezel momentarily occupied.

"HATE HATE HATE HATE"

"Well, seems someone switched the turrets to 'Generalized Murder' mode." Spuds says as Rezel bites at his fingers. "Gonna need to fix that before we try to get though there."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #710 on: May 21, 2019, 12:02:03 pm »

Find some smart toaster or other relatively harmless device I can carry around (maybe a janitor can help?) and move the turret AI to it. They seem like a fun conversation partner to have around. And it should render the turrets harmless.

Then try to switch the turrets to manual mode. Maybe some of our security personnel can make use of them. Or maybe some engineer can turn them into a portable gun emplacement.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 21, 2019, 02:22:13 pm »

"I think I'm going to take a more straightforward route towards solving the turret issue.  One a little more explosive.  If you can get it done, good.  If not.."

Spuds leaves the area and checks the list of purchasable explosives.  Would some kind of EMP bomb be effective against these turrets, or would it just be conventional explosives?  Anyway, buy something of approximately appropriate size, rounding up.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 21, 2019, 03:53:25 pm »

Stay out of line of fire. Use my scanner, can I detect any fresh biological matter or Hell particles that'd indicate that the turrets took care of any monsters inside the labs? Anything else?

If turrets get disabled or otherwise rid of their murderous intents, wave an arm quickly over the entrance to actually confirm it. If safe, see if that monster that assaulted me earlier is dead, and if yes see if it carried anything of worth (eg. in the remnants of the suit it was wearing).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:50 pm »

Wait around until turrets are neutralized. Then proceed to move in and shoot thibgs as soon as possible.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #714 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:36 pm »

Go see if that vending machine is willing to excrete things for free for some reason. Swipe my card.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 22, 2019, 06:42:19 am »

Wait for people to figure out how stop the turrets from killing us, then go in to shoot the things when its safe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 22, 2019, 07:35:10 am »

Stay in cover until the turrets are made safe then move in with everyone else, keeping to the back with rifle ready. If the turrets are not dealt with successfully, stay in position with rifle ready.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 22, 2019, 09:20:52 am »

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Assist in looking for benign smart devices and stuff.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #718 on: May 22, 2019, 02:25:59 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Stand in the zone where the turrets can't reach us and Talk(scream) with the AI.
Pretty sure I double as a psychiatric due to budget costs and this would also keep it distracted
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:31:28 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #719 on: May 22, 2019, 03:22:39 pm »

Wait for the AI to be dealt with before moving on.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 334