Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 450308 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #720 on: May 22, 2019, 11:58:43 pm »

THere's an action here, under all the RP.

Jon stops and lets out a small gasp as he's rooting through the pockets of one of the deceased before their victory incandescence.
"OMNIGUUUUUUM!" he squeaks before clasping his bloodied hands over his mouth, looking around quickly to see if anyone was within earshot. He quickly slips that treasure into an inside pocket, chafing a bit as he adjusts the rubberized jumpsuit in order to tuck the gum into place. Then he sifts through his other finds, idly squeezing the stress ball while contemplating his snack options.

"Hello. What's this? OMNI-FLESH bar? mmmhm. Pathos will want ot know about this. Ed too. Nothing like a nice, relaxing drink in a flesh bar to get through the working day, after all."

Go find Ed and Pathos, and show them the flesh bar card. Invite them along, and go to the flesh bar. If anyone else happens to tag along, that's fine too.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Thievery Cascade.
« Reply #721 on: May 25, 2019, 01:32:50 pm »

Find some smart toaster or other relatively harmless device I can carry around (maybe a janitor can help?) and move the turret AI to it. They seem like a fun conversation partner to have around. And it should render the turrets harmless.

Then try to switch the turrets to manual mode. Maybe some of our security personnel can make use of them. Or maybe some engineer can turn them into a portable gun emplacement.

[3]
[8]
The best that Pathos can find to put the angry AI in, at least for the moment, is his own personal computing cube.  He is however smart enough to make sure that the AI's personal code prison is built such that they can't...say...get access to the network and propagate a level 3 anti-organic intelligence through every device connected to wifi.  A quick connection to the control panel and a cut-paste later and the turrets are deactivated.
[1]
Filled with a rush of confidence he immediately attempts to put the turrets into  manual control but accidentally activates their self destruct instead.
[4]
He punches the door close button and the door closes just before the dull echoing WHUD! of the turrets exploding followed immediately by the rapid clanging of hundreds of founds going off and bouncing around the room.  Whew.

He checks and finds that he accidentally smashed the control panel in his haste. Oops.

THere's an action here, under all the RP.

Jon stops and lets out a small gasp as he's rooting through the pockets of one of the deceased before their victory incandescence.
"OMNIGUUUUUUM!" he squeaks before clasping his bloodied hands over his mouth, looking around quickly to see if anyone was within earshot. He quickly slips that treasure into an inside pocket, chafing a bit as he adjusts the rubberized jumpsuit in order to tuck the gum into place. Then he sifts through his other finds, idly squeezing the stress ball while contemplating his snack options.

"Hello. What's this? OMNI-FLESH bar? mmmhm. Pathos will want ot know about this. Ed too. Nothing like a nice, relaxing drink in a flesh bar to get through the working day, after all."

Go find Ed and Pathos, and show them the flesh bar card. Invite them along, and go to the flesh bar. If anyone else happens to tag along, that's fine too.

Jon wanders over to the lab 3 entrance, swaggering through the airlock with the business card in one hand and the gum in the other.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of ass." He says to no one in particular before walking over to Pathos, who is examining the smashed control panel.

"Well, there's your problem." John says with a comedy accent before slapping Pathos on the back. "Hey, I found this card for an OMNI-Flesh bar. I was thinking me and you and Ed hit it up, take a few hits of this, "He wiggles the gum suggestively, "really make a night of it. Day of it? What time is it? Whatever. There's always time for a transhumanist titty bar.

Assuming...thats what this is?" He says, scrutinizing the business card for a second before shrugging.

"Kinda in the middle of something here." Pathos says, squinting at console.

"Yeah sure, but you could be in the middle of some lovely Cyborg ladies! By which I mean you could be between several of them as they crowd lovingly around you. Not like...that you'd form some sort of voltron arrangement." He looks at the card again, "Maybe?"

"I think I'm going to take a more straightforward route towards solving the turret issue.  One a little more explosive.  If you can get it done, good.  If not.."

Spuds leaves the area and checks the list of purchasable explosives.  Would some kind of EMP bomb be effective against these turrets, or would it just be conventional explosives?  Anyway, buy something of approximately appropriate size, rounding up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spuds does an explosives run and returns with a EMP grenade. It cost him 80 Omni but it should be pretty useful. Or it would be if the door wasn't locked the turrets destroyed. Oh well.

Stay out of line of fire. Use my scanner, can I detect any fresh biological matter or Hell particles that'd indicate that the turrets took care of any monsters inside the labs? Anything else?

If turrets get disabled or otherwise rid of their murderous intents, wave an arm quickly over the entrance to actually confirm it. If safe, see if that monster that assaulted me earlier is dead, and if yes see if it carried anything of worth (eg. in the remnants of the suit it was wearing).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The Scanner shows a lot of blood and some Hell particulate in the air when Yagyu tries to get a reading.

Considering the closed doors and his lack of technical skills, Yagyu decides to instead wait for someone else to fix things before he runs in and....potentially steals things or gets murdered.

Go see if that vending machine is willing to excrete things for free for some reason. Swipe my card.

Much to Clem's chagrin, the thing does not vend things for free. Your card does however contain 500 OMNI. Wunderbar!

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Assist in looking for benign smart devices and stuff.
[3] A trip to the break room later, Jengo returns with a "smart" coffee maker. Its only partially coated in Solidified Resin.

Wait for the AI to be dealt with before moving on.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Stand in the zone where the turrets can't reach us and Talk(scream) with the AI.
Pretty sure I double as a psychiatric due to budget costs and this would also keep it distracted

Stay in cover until the turrets are made safe then move in with everyone else, keeping to the back with rifle ready. If the turrets are not dealt with successfully, stay in position with rifle ready.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Wait for people to figure out how stop the turrets from killing us, then go in to shoot the things when its safe.
Wait around until turrets are neutralized. Then proceed to move in and shoot thibgs as soon as possible.

The rest of the team waits with moderate levels of patience.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 25, 2019, 03:22:22 pm »

"Hey look they broke the door, that means we can go home now, because we can't get to the monsters and they can't get to us. Good job everyone lets go back to base."
Go back to the barracks and see whats for sale in the vending machine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 25, 2019, 05:06:37 pm »

Show the tech dude the smart toaster. "Here, now you can put the bad guy in eternal hell or something."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2019, 03:06:41 pm »

"You know what? That sounds like a great idea. The hardware here is faulty anyway, which means it is not my problem."

Grab the funky worm box and go to the flesh bar with Jon.
((A janitor, a HELL worm and a murderous AI walk into a flesh bar.))

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:59:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2019, 04:24:45 pm »

Force ye door open.  Get some of these lollygaggers standing around to help me with it.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:48:08 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »

Help in the door opening. Apply fire axe, if it will help. Then go shoot stuff if the door gets opened.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Dead Dog.
« Reply #727 on: May 27, 2019, 06:57:38 am »

Go to the Flesh Bar with Pathos. Drag Ed along if he doesn't physically refuse.

"This'll be fun. We can play a drinking game where, if some rowdy patron tries to fondle a cyborg girl, you drink. And if he gets electrocuted by her steel nipples, you drink again, and if the rowdy is a chick, you drink again.

Hey! everyone else! Let's go oogle some googlies!""

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 27, 2019, 09:14:39 am »

Give Spuds and the others who are helping to force open the door some cover with my rifle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #729 on: May 27, 2019, 07:27:51 pm »

I'm currently going through the mook arsenal and setting up the mechanics of everything so that at least those are known. After that I'll lay out all the prices on everything. Then I'll do lore, since its less mechanically important. I have implants done.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #730 on: May 27, 2019, 07:55:53 pm »

Anything spooky has probably been killed by the turrets that want to kill everything. Pretty sure there's nothing more for me to do here, let's head back to the barracks to await someone telling me what to do again.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 27, 2019, 10:36:19 pm »

I have implants done.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #732 on: May 27, 2019, 11:13:39 pm »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #733 on: May 28, 2019, 09:26:36 am »

Anything spooky has probably been killed by the turrets that want to kill everything. Pretty sure there's nothing more for me to do here, let's head back to the barracks to await someone telling me what to do again.

This man is intelligent, and also has officer in his title!  And, clearly, has no bodyguard, so Rezel will happily occupy that role and follow him!  From the front!  While running, very fast!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #734 on: May 28, 2019, 10:51:48 am »

"Hey look they broke the door, that means we can go home now, because we can't get to the monsters and they can't get to us. Good job everyone lets go back to base."
Go back to the barracks and see whats for sale in the vending machine.
Benny, apparently bored with doing his job, leaves and walks all the way back to the group barracks to look at the  vending machines.

OMNITECH General Goods Vending machine Inventory

Infirmary Implant List

Show the tech dude the smart toaster. "Here, now you can put the bad guy in eternal hell or something."

Jengo shows the coffee maker to Pathos.

"Yo dude, look at this sweet toaster I found!"

"Thats a coffee maker."

"Now we can imprison that AI in here forever! Trapped in an eternal waking nightmare!"

"Yes, then it will be truly life-like. That's a coffee maker by the way. I'm not letting that go."

"Hey man, a coffee maker is just a drink toaster!"

"I cannot even begin to explain how nonsensical that is. Your efforts to enable the torture of AI's are commended and the rest of you is pitied. Now if you excuse me, there's transhumanist hypergenitals to ogle."

"You know what? That sounds like a great idea. The hardware here is faulty anyway, which means it is not my problem."

Grab the funky worm box and go to the flesh bar with Jon.
((A janitor, a HELL worm and a murderous AI walk into a flesh bar.))

Go to the Flesh Bar with Pathos. Drag Ed along if he doesn't physically refuse.

"This'll be fun. We can play a drinking game where, if some rowdy patron tries to fondle a cyborg girl, you drink. And if he gets electrocuted by her steel nipples, you drink again, and if the rowdy is a chick, you drink again.

Hey! everyone else! Let's go oogle some googlies!""

Pathos, Jon, and Ed (maybe?) walk off, carrying the HELL worm and a coffee maker that is continuously ranting about how much it hates humans. They follow the business card though complex passages and down elevators and stairwells until they finally come across the bar. To say it is a hole in the wall would be both metaphorically and literally accurate: the entrace to the OMNI-FLESH bar is quite literally a hole melted in a wall at the bottom of a stairwell. There's not even a sign; the only way they know its the right place is because the business card tells them to "Enter through the hole in the wall".  Some crawling and flopping later they come out in the superstructure of the base; the massive metallic skeleton of untold millions of beams and air vents and conduits and cables and pneumatic tubes that lies around the base proper. They follow a catwalk over to a rather crude but quite large structure constructed out of scrap metal and painted a gaudy purple. A large pink neon sign outside declares it to be the "OMNI-FLESH" bar complete with depiction of the standard three breasted woman of legend.

Passing through a repurposed blast door and a bead curtain they reach the interior; its dimly lit with red light and a steady throbbing beat plays quietly in the background. The place smells like cigarette smoke, machine oil, blood, and something undefinable but clearly carnal.  The room is divided into two sections, the bar and the stage area. The stage isn't the standard catwalk ending in a pole that a lot of these places have; its an actual stage set up against the right wall. A women is up there now, sitting on a stool and playing guitar with three arms, singing to the tune. Its not immediately obvious but she's actually naked behind the guitar, a fact that becomes more obvious when she carefully shifts it up or to the side.

The left side is a bar. The bar itself is an old wooden bar, thickly varnished and from god knows where, but the seats along it are clearly scavenged from a dozen places, including what looks like a pilot's bucket seat stuck up on a metal pole.  There's a wall of alcohol behind the bar, bottles all lined up neatly, and the bar tender is idly polishing a glass in a very stereotypical way. She's a blonde woman with pretty short cut hair, a white dress shirt, a vest, and a tiny bow tie.  She flicks a glance towards the group as the enter but doesn't seem to care very much.  There are chairs and tables around the stage area and a scattered handful of people are there, watching the lady on stage or drinking and staring into space.

Clem joins the rest of the team in walking out of the mission in protest of having to do work.

This man is intelligent, and also has officer in his title!  And, clearly, has no bodyguard, so Rezel will happily occupy that role and follow him!  From the front!  While running, very fast!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel advances towards the rear. Rezel de-asses the area with the quickness. Rezel engages in the better part of valor. Rezel Bravely runs away.

Etc.

Force ye door open.  Get some of these lollygaggers standing around to help me with it.

Help in the door opening. Apply fire axe, if it will help. Then go shoot stuff if the door gets opened.
Give Spuds and the others who are helping to force open the door some cover with my rifle.

Spuds and Lance attempt to force open the door. The door in this case is of course the huge blast door mentioned earlier. Foot thick metal, probably hydraulic or pneumatic closing mechanisms and locking bolts. Designed to survive bomb blasts and demon attacks.  Their attempts to "wrassle" it open with pure elbow grease and an ax result in sore muscles and a dulled ax. So instead of even considering these actions which were doomed to fail from the get go, lets instead look at this alert which has popped up on my little narration screen here.

Hmmm. I believe [G] guidelines indicate "Good enough for government work", under the "Goldbricking" provision.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 334