Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451540 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #945 on: June 24, 2019, 08:25:59 pm »

"They're probably just all at the titty bar, if their staffs are all agitated. Best to leave them be for a bit.

Anyway, if We're going on this Transpenitentiary Rewind Acquittal Process thing, we must be the Progressive Reprobate Agitation Terminal Squad. Somebody stitch us up some logos and emblems."

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Void where Prohibited
« Reply #946 on: June 25, 2019, 07:57:45 am »

I'd like to join in if that's okay. It seems like this game is taking players freely, so I went ahead and wrote up a sheet and turn. I've read through a couple games here and there, (including this one and DIG) but never felt I had the time before this summer. I thought this looked like a good game to get started with, so here I am. Tips and suggestions are welcome.

One question: The first post indicates in one location that the base life die is d2, but under the default character sheet is d4. I'm assuming d4 in my sheet, but I don't know. I'd like clarification so I can correct it if needed.

I'd like to appear in the barracks, and follow Reginald's instructions to travel to terrabase sigma. (assuming with the team)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 25, 2019, 08:12:02 am »

"Are we gonna be given space suits for this mission or are we gonna die if something goes wrong?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:35 am »

"Are we gonna be given space suits for this mission or are we gonna die if something goes wrong?"
"What? Asking for freebies? Buy your own space suit, cheapskate."

I'd like to join in if that's okay. It seems like this game is taking players freely, so I went ahead and wrote up a sheet and turn. I've read through a couple games here and there, (including this one and DIG) but never felt I had the time before this summer. I thought this looked like a good game to get started with, so here I am. Tips and suggestions are welcome.

One question: The first post indicates in one location that the base life die is d2, but under the default character sheet is d4. I'm assuming d4 in my sheet, but I don't know. I'd like clarification so I can correct it if needed.
((Welcome to the mayehm. Please visit Jon I. Tor for your gambling needs. He will be instrumental in your victory incandescence.))

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:08 am »

((Welcome to the mayehm. Please visit Jon I. Tor for your gambling needs. He will be instrumental in your victory incandescence.))

((Thanks! Although after some unfortunate prior experience with student loans, Tom decided that gambling when you don't have any money is probably a bad idea.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 25, 2019, 09:49:08 am »

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)
Lucy finds a place to dispose of the asbestos safely, then heads to the barracks to ask “How will we get to where we need to be without a map?”

Hotfire90

« Reply #951 on: June 25, 2019, 10:29:17 am »

((It's within my budget actually, I had 1250 OMNI, the purchases cost me 950 which left me with 300. Also the antibio razor now has a d6 strength requirement to use, does the concealed implant version also have that requirement? If it does, would it be fine if I switched my fate levelup to strength?))

"Do you expect the station to blow up the moment we arrive? You shouldn't worry about not having a space suit, there are far more ways for you to die that aren't prevented with one."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 25, 2019, 12:47:55 pm »

Be wherever I need to be to progress to the next stage.

Do I think KitKat has a chance of being remotely useful in a fight? Or is she not designed for such things?

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 25, 2019, 02:26:56 pm »

Uh.  In light of the massive armory change, I'mma gonna just... unbuy all the stuff I just bought, if that's okay?  And instead, buy an armored spacesuit, if that's not considered metagaming... otherwise, a cognition copier, because that's totally what I'd do if I didn't know a space mission was next.

Also, going back to my original levelup, putting the stat point into will rather than str.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #954 on: June 25, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »

Moving most recent level from guns to speech, if you don't mind. Haven't rolled either yet.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:37:00 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:21 pm »

"Tell me, magic triple-8 ball, is this going to be a case of demonic possession of the entire staff, resulting in the termination of the entire facility, again?"

Ask the above question to the magic 888-ball.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:52:02 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 25, 2019, 04:04:16 pm »

Aww crap, store all different now and don't have much time to look through it. Is spare goop tank still 30?

Either way, buy: cognition copier (400), toolkit (200), 2 nutrient paste (2x1), ear plugs (5), goop tank (?)

You could up the attack die by merging two, effectively spraying more.
Cool. How much for a goop thrower then?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 25, 2019, 07:08:40 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Go where I must go to be ready for next mission. Shake hands say hello to new bosses.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 25, 2019, 10:14:21 pm »

"Well, I guess I better get ready for space! Hey Edd, if you're gonna ask the magic ball about the upcoming mission, you may as well place a bet on it. That's a 10 credit buy in for what type of mission it will be, another ten credits for scale of disaster, and a final ten credits for number of team deaths."

Strip naked right there in the meeting and put on my disposable space suit. then attempt to put on my rubberized jumpsuit over top of it, unless usch is clearly impossible, in which case, tie my rubberized jumpsuit around my waist.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #959 on: June 26, 2019, 09:02:10 am »

Could I buy a replacement helmet for my disposable spacesuit?
Could I wear my disposable spacesuit under my Riot Armour?
If yes to both, then do that.

Yes, I am a real cheapskate.

Can I use a Thermite Cutting Charge as a melee weapon? Will I roll explosives for it?

I'll also buy 2 foam grenades, 2 cutting charges and an OMNI-scient Network observer.

"I'll bet 10 OMNI on pirates, 10 OMNI on complete station destruction and 10 OMNI on 3 deaths."

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 334