Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452430 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2019, 05:28:17 am »

"Oh god, Dog lasers they burn!"
Crawl out into the hall way and let the medic heal me.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2019, 08:57:15 am »

Qualt leaps into action, completely ignoring the vaporized remains.

Tell me, Qualt asks, where does it hurt?

Fix javascript:void(0) Benny.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2019, 11:55:46 am »

"Hmm. I'd argue things are only somewhat wrong and not horribly wrong. They can always get worse. I bet the next specimens are already on their way." Pathos argued, trying to weasel his way out of paying.
"I don't know, looks like all the eggheads are scurrying for cover like mice when the cat is about. Or the laser barfing dog, for that matter. We could ask that one scientist, though - the one who had the nuts to stand in the teleport room. He seems reasonable.
((I am tempted to edit into my action an attempt to get that scientist's attention by yelling through the dog barf hole at him. Nervous little lazerpuke dogs like it whe npeople are yelling unexpectedly, right?))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2019, 05:56:20 pm »

The laughter died on Roald's lips as he watched the situation unfold. It took several moments for the shock to wear off before he leapt into action.
Crouch down to Stiles' level and shake him by the shoulders until he responds. "Stiles. Is there any way for us to shut off the energy flow from this end of the transporter?"
If the answer is yes, do it! Otherwise, or if there is no coherent response, drag him to his feet and push him to call the other end and tell them to stop sending stuff through.
[/quote]
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2019, 06:52:14 pm »

...interest

tentatively. Don't wanna accidentally end up not participating due to business or getting distracted, but also wanna observe amusing antics. So will watch for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2019, 07:02:46 pm »

"Hmm. I'd argue things are only somewhat wrong and not horribly wrong. They can always get worse. I bet the next specimens are already on their way." Pathos argued, trying to weasel his way out of paying.
"I don't know, looks like all the eggheads are scurrying for cover like mice when the cat is about. Or the laser barfing dog, for that matter. We could ask that one scientist, though - the one who had the nuts to stand in the teleport room. He seems reasonable.
((I am tempted to edit into my action an attempt to get that scientist's attention by yelling through the dog barf hole at him. Nervous little lazerpuke dogs like it whe npeople are yelling unexpectedly, right?))
"Considering he is the cause of all this, I don't know how much we can count on what he says. But I have to admit his position does give his opinion a bit more weight."
((Well, if you don't then I will!))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2019, 07:17:14 am »

Stay behind the Crate of Cover, but keep watching the dog, ready to dodge if when it sprays more plasma.  Also, keep an eye on the tekeporter, and be very very ready to shoot whatever comes out if it so much as looks over here.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2019, 01:16:52 pm »

"Huh."

Do the sensible thing and remotely transmit the command to shut down the energy channel.
Then continue nonchalantly munching on crepes.

If Stiles is still alive, ask him who he thinks won my bet with Oz. I bet things would go horribly wrong on the next experiment while Oz bet it would go horribly wrong in this experiment. Oz says he won because of the dog incident. But I argue that things aren't horribly wrong, they are only somewhat wrong. I'm sure the next experiment will be much worse!

[10][1]
Pathos opens up a new menu and digs through data until he finds the control system that the teleporter is using. Its quite easy to see the error, its flashing bright red, so he tries to force quit the connection. But that doesn't work. The thing throws an error, saying there is some sort of mechanical issue.

Prod people with my gun to clear a nice, clean route between the dog and its crate.  Don't say anything, don't want to attract the dog's attention.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
Spuds opens the dog's crate and then starts clearing people out of the way, trying to form a nice clear path between the dog and the crate. However, many people seem to be walking towards the dog which makes clearing them away without also walking towards the dog and attracting its attention quite difficult. Spuds opts to instead wait for those people to move on their own, either under their own power or via dog laser.

Edward joins the party? Maybe he crawls out from under the break room sink.
"Huh? Did I just hear something?"
Edward runs into the room, apparently having slept through the earlier alarm and everyone leaving.  He leans down, resting his hands on his knees and gasping for air.

"What I miss? Anything important?  Whats with the dog? And the hole in the wall? And that crispy guy?"

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

"That's a new one...

Can we just foam it and use the foam kind of like a crate that he can't bark in until somebody can muzzle him?"

Nevermind, everyone's insisting on touching the dog. Just stay away from where it's pointing its mouth, warn everyone if my scanner indicates another "high energy event".
Harry hangs back and keeps his scanner pointed at the dog, waiting for the opportunity to tell everyone to duck.

Put some food from the former fridge (hopefully the guys who took some out will lend me some) inside the cage so that the dog will go in voluntarily. Maybe calm it down with some food first, but don't go near it, just throw it from a distance. Or give it to the guy who is going in to pet it. Either way, once food is placed/given stand weeeeell back, and urge the npc's to stand back as well. Don't wanna make the dog feel cornered.

If at any moment my scanner indicates another high energy event, get out of the dog's line of sight and duck 'n cover!

Spoiler: Jion Maupin (click to show/hide)
Jion runs into the breakroom and grabs what remains of the meatloaf from Jon.  Thus armed, Jion returns to the teleporter room and dumps half the meatloaf into the dog carrier and hands the other half to Mildred, who seems intent on going to pet the dog.  With everything set up, he hightails it back into a corner and points his scanner at the dog with the other hand attempting to cover his face.

"Aww, poor widdle guy," Mildred coos, her foul mood, broken teeth and general mystique forgotten as her soul overflows with concern for this adorable-yet-volatile critter.
She frowns worriedly, standing up from her spot in the corner.

"His throat chakra must be so blocked. It's obvious. C'mere you little scamp."

Get up and cautiously approach the pupper, ready to dive to the side if it so much as looks at me.
Attempt to scoop him/her up for some calming, cleansing pats
(pets?) and cuddles whilst continuing to coo reassuringly at the little cutie.
Be sure to keep its head and mouth pointed away from me, just in case my attempts at dispelling the pup's obvious spiritual anguish are somehow ineffective.

Then plonk 'em down in front of the open cage once they're calm. Try and keep the business end pointed away from my colleagues in the process, too, without relinquishing control over its head movements to the point that it might be able to direct a borkblast at me. Priorities.

Edit:
If anyone fetches me a treat to give the dog, I will jam it onto the edge of my Null-Rod and carefully hold it at arm's length, keeping it out at a diagonal between myself and the dog - as in, out to one side, so that if it opens its mouth sooner than expected any potential blasts will be directed that way instead of straight at me.
Try and gesture my colleagues to shuffle to the other side of the room if possible, too.

If nothing goes wrong thus far, shake the treat/meat/whatever off the rod onto the floor, then crouch behind the dog as it starts to eat to calm it down with pats and soothing noises.
It's a pet, so hopefully it isn't too protective of its food... Pick it up once it's done eating and take it to the cage, as described.

[5]
Mildred slowly approaches the dog with a lump of cold meatloaf balanced at the end of a null-rod. She moves very slowly with small and smooth motions so that when the dog eventually does notice her, it doesn't bark. It backs into a corner and growls at first, which unleashes a torrent of arcing electricity and spurts of plasma, but that light display startles it more than it scares Mildred. Cornered, it begins to whine and attempt to keep backing up, at least until Mildred has carefully placed the meatloaf in front of it and then remained still and non-threatening for several seconds.  The dog cautiously advances, one nervous step at a time, and gives the meatloaf an exploratory lick. When it decides that the loaf is indeed good food and isn't poison or a trap, it immediately begins eating with gusto, forgetting all about the other issues of the day.

Mildred smoothly scoops both the dog and its food up into her arms and carries them both over to the carrier, petting the dog the whole way. She places them both down outside the carrier and then scoots the food bit by bit into the box. The dog follows and settles down inside the carrier.

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

Right, Prep all the paperwork for Accidental Workplace Related Death Due to Lack of Caution, and get that done.. Also see about his Will to determine Dave's next of kin.
Read about "Destiny and Fate Clauses" in my Omnilawyer suite as well, afterward.

Lisa finds the proper paperwork for the current situation and prints it out, appending a digital version of Dave's signature where applicable. She has him sign off on his acceptance of death, the acceptance of using his future wages to pay for damages done to the facility as a result of his lack of caution, and a cleaning bill for the smudge that he left behind.  Dave has no will so she writes one up and dates it...5 minutes ago, leaving all his pay to OMNITECH, care of Lisa Aethair.  That done and stored, she checks over the fate and destiny section and finds that basically anything can be put under there. Turns out that shooting an under-performing employee counts as an act of god if done during a hailstorm. Hmmm.

Apply first aid to Benny's burns.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
[2]
Heather combat crawls over to Benny, who is crawling away at the same time. She keeps whispering for him to stop and let her do first aid but he must be delirious because he just keeps crawling away.  The two form a sort of crawling train straight out into the hallway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »

Ed walks up to Lisa Aethair, looking at the carnage around them.

"Hey, dear colleague, I see you're already jumping on the paperwork for this person's death. Good initiative, don't forget to make them in triplicate. Anyway, do you want to split up who gets to do the paperwork for which coworkers? Just so's you have less people to look after and less workload in the future, you know."

Walk up to this dog, assertively but non-threatingly, and say the following in a calm, commanding tone: "Stop! Sit! I am Edward F. Slant esquire, legal representative of OMNITECH. You are currently not being a good boy, damaging OMNITECH property like that. I'm going to have to have you sign these papers and then return to your cage immediatly. Compliance means you will once again regain the status of being a good boy, and will lead to anywhere between 5 and 20 bellyrubs." If the dogs complies, have him sign (paw print?) the paperwork for causing the death of an OMNITECH employee, damaging OMNITECH property, and disrupting an OMNITECH experiment. Then lead to him to his cage or whatever containment unit it's supposed to be in.

If it barkbeams at me, jump out of the way.

[1][1][3v17]
Edward walks into the teleporter room with a gallant stride and up to the dog cage, with a large contract held out at arms length.

"NOW SEE HERE YOU MUTT!" he shouts at the cage," I AM EDWARD F. SLANT ESQUIRE, LAWYER EXTRAORDINAIRE AND I NEED YOU TO SIGN THIS WAIVER ENSURING THAT WE CAN SUE THE EVER LOVING FUR OFF YOU AFTER THIS IS DONE!"

As he finishes, Edward slams the paperwork down on the cage. A moment later the paperwork, the top of the cage, Edwards right arm, head, and a large portion of torso are all reduced to atomized ash, along with a long tunnel of stone directly above and behind them.  The dog scampers about for a few moments but then seems to be distracted by the meatloaf and again starts eating.

"Looks like we'll need to fix that edge case."
Open up the control panel and cross some wires to make it so the energy stream automatically stops once the tube opens.

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
[5]
Patrick crawls over to the teleporter and starts poking around at it until he finds a panel hidden among the mess. Through the panel he discovers that the actual problem is a physical switch that is stuck. He checks and finds that the switch is overhead, somewhere above the ceiling in the hidden mechanics.  There's an access panel into the ceiling but its in the observation room.

"Huh. I won. There was still pizza in that fridge. And they sent us a dog. A yapper. You owe me five OMNIFUNDS, Pathos."

Jon turns fro mthe hole in the wall and squeaks across the breakroom to the fridge.

Hand Jion (Radio a glob of meatloaf and Reconstituted Nutrient paste. Incinerate the remains of the coffee pot, once it is cooled enough to handle - preferably with tongs or something rather than my rubberized gloves. Check out the hole in the wall behind the fridge - where does that lead?

"Anyone in there? did y'all just get hit by a giant laser beam? Any dismemberment, evisceration, or massive bloodloss? Got any fires or smudges?"

Edit:
After much debate with Pathos, Jon decides to bring in a second opinion, and shouts through the gaping hole:
"HEY! Science Guy! Would you consider things to have gone horribly wrong at this point, or only a little wrong?"

Jon gives his food to Jion, who is a lot like Jon but slightly misspelled, and then heads over to the countertop. He sets the incinerator down next to the counter top and uses a mysterious spatula (Why is there a spatula here? There's no stove.) to slide the remains of the coffee machine into the incinerator before dropping the spatula in after it. He dusts off his hands  and then walks over to the hole in the wall just in time to see Ed get killed.

"I mean..." He says over his shoulder to Pathos," Its only two deaths right? Horribly wrong has to be like five at least."

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Apologize for being late, if she wants inject Mildred with a stimulant so she has better chance of surviving in case the dog explodes

For the moment Steve just hangs back.

wait and watch, make snarky comment if aplicable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3] Lance tries to figure out something pithy to say in regard to Edward's death, but the best he can come up with is "Dog days of summer are rather spicy, ain't they Ed old boy?"

Oh, good.
Exactly what flavor of fucked is this dog? Is this some sort of technical malfunction or something else?

Stand where I am and observe the dog. I'm just as likely to be killed where I'm standing as anywhere else, so there's no need to move.

Also, keep an eye on the teleporter. More packages should still be on the way. Next one is an ape.

Clem thinks this is likely a technical problem more than anything. It doesn't seem occult in nature.

It watches as the dog get bundled into the cage and then as the cage and Edward are made structurally compromised.

"Oh god, Dog lasers they burn!"
Crawl out into the hall way and let the medic heal me.
Qualt leaps into action, completely ignoring the vaporized remains.

Tell me, Qualt asks, where does it hurt?

Fix javascript:void(0) Benny.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
[9]
Qualt follows Benny out into the hallway and kneels down next to the man, pulling off his armor and applying antiburn ointment and bandages where needed. He finishes it off with a nice shot of morphine that sends Benny into a happy daze.

The laughter died on Roald's lips as he watched the situation unfold. It took several moments for the shock to wear off before he leapt into action.
Crouch down to Stiles' level and shake him by the shoulders until he responds. "Stiles. Is there any way for us to shut off the energy flow from this end of the transporter?"
If the answer is yes, do it! Otherwise, or if there is no coherent response, drag him to his feet and push him to call the other end and tell them to stop sending stuff through.
[/quote]
Roald crouch walks over to Stiles and shakes him until the scientist focuses on him. He asks about the way to stop this and Stiles tells him that there's a panel in the roof of the observation room on the right which will let him get to the stuck switch. Getting this out of the guy takes a while though, so Roald doesn't have the time this turn to actually go fix it.

Stay behind the Crate of Cover, but keep watching the dog, ready to dodge if when it sprays more plasma.  Also, keep an eye on the tekeporter, and be very very ready to shoot whatever comes out if it so much as looks over here.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Rezel hangs around behind the crate, head resting atop it, peeking out at the dog.  Occasionally he'll look over at the teleporter to make sure nothing else is crawling out.

The teleporter hisses and the tube slides down into place again. The clock sets to
05:04:29

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2019, 01:20:52 pm »

Those of you with a lot of extra stuff in your character sheets, like item descriptions or stuff like that, do me a favor and cut that down.  Will help us stop going over character limit on every post.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2019, 01:26:29 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Help whoever's trying to get that switch pulled.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:25:58 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2019, 01:36:47 pm »

"It's a hardware issue. Not much I can do without shutting down the entire teleporter. And I certainly can't do that. I've got a bet to win."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2019, 01:42:27 pm »

Get behind something and train my rifle on the teleporter. Be ready to respond to any obvious threat.
Edit - Try to grab the dead guy’s pistol before he gets incinerated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:16:27 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »

"Don't ever crawl away from me again, now get back in there and do your job!"

Drag Benny back to the crate, use him and the crate as cover.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2019, 03:50:16 pm »

"Heh, that dead guy had the same name as me."
Edward doesn't do anything. Or rather he does nothing with the intent of attracting as little hostile attention as possible.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 334